• Published 13th Oct 2016
  • 1,731 Views, 34 Comments

The Melody of Love - Sapphire Rose 12



In an alternate universe, Discord tries to parent three fillies and hires a nanny named Fluttershy who he ends up not being able to resist.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,731

Chapter 1: The Nanny

Fluttershy sat in her cottage, singing merrily to her animals. They listened and relished every beautiful note.

Suddenly, a knock on her door interrupted the song. Fluttershy answered it.

Derpy, the mail pony, delivered a letter to Fluttershy. "Delivery!"

She flew away as Fluttershy closed the door. She opened the letter and looked at the note. It read:

"Dear Nanny Fluttershy,

I found an ad for your nanny service in the newspaper and was interested in your help. My name is Discord. I am a single father of triplets: Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. I am a draconequus, but I assure you I'll bring you no harm if you just help. They are extremely wild and do not listen to a single word I say. I had to become the legal father of the triplets when my brother and his wife disowned them. Maybe you can change them.
Sincerely,
Discord

"Oh my," Fluttershy said. "I'd be delighted! It's been a long time since anypony wanted my nanny service!"

Fluttershy had discovered she loved fillies and colts as much as she loved animals. She had taken care of animals and started a job as a nanny to care for fillies and colts who needed it. At first, her help in caring for fillies and colts was very popular and she was busy almost every day. She was a very loved nanny by many ponies who needed help. But later, no one required her assistance as much and she started caring for just animals. It was a year since she had been asked for help and she was excited to get back into nannying.

"I'll ask somepony to take care of my little animal friends while I'm away," Fluttershy said. "But I must get to Discord and his triplets!"

Fluttershy packed her bags and followed Discord's directions to his house.





"Oh my," Fluttershy said when she reached the area.

It was surrounded by a huge purple aura with many strange objects floating around in it. She didn't know how to get to the actual lawn. She cautiously stepped inside the aura.

She was immediately hurled into the air and she screamed as she floated around. She was tossed and thrown around the aura and she didn't know how to control where she went.

Fluttershy was thrown against the door and her head knocked into it. Discord interpreted it as a knock and answered the door.

"I think this is the place I was looking for," Fluttershy said, dizzily.

"You're a lot smaller than I imagined," Discord remarked. "Come inside, these fillies are driving me crazy."

"They can't be that bad," Fluttershy said. "Let's meet the little angels right now. I bet they're just so---"

Fluttershy caught sight of the triplets who fought and yelled at each other. Fluttershy was surprised.

"Oh dear," Fluttershy said.

"Now, you see what I deal with," Discord said.

Fluttershy walked gracefully to the three fillies and smiled. "Hello," she said pleasantly.

The three fillies stopped in their tracks and stared.

"Who are you?" Scootaloo asked.

"I'm the nanny," Fluttershy explained. "I was asked by your father to help take care of you."

"Yay!" all three exclaimed.

"It will be like I finally have a mother!" Sweetie Belle squealed.

"I've never had a real mother and I always wanted one!" Apple Bloom added.

"Me three!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

Fluttershy couldn't help, but feel sad at the three fillies wanting a mother so desperately.

"Yes, I will be like your mother," Fluttershy agreed. "You three are just so cute."

"I'm not cute," Scootaloo mumbled.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle giggled.

Discord was angry. Was he not being a good enough father?

"You don't need a mother!" Discord thundered. "She's just your nanny and that's all she'll ever be!"

The triplets squealed in fear and ran behind Fluttershy.

"I know why your triplets act like this," Fluttershy said.

"Why?" Discord asked, annoyed.

"It's because you're scaring them," Fluttershy claimed.

"Scaring them?" Discord scoffed. "I'm not scaring them."

"They don't look scared to you?!"

Discord looked at the triplets, shaking in fear behind Fluttershy. He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Okay, okay," he said. "I'm sorry."

The triplets giggled and Fluttershy talked with them. Discord was annoyed at the nanny's endless kindness. He was beginning to think he made a mistake in hiring her.

"You can talk to animals?!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"Oh yes," Fluttershy said.

Discord snickered. No one could understand what animals said. That had to be a lie.

A little bird landed on Discord's windowsill. Birds usually didn't end up in the aura, but this bird seemed to be attracted to Fluttershy.

"Oh, hello," Fluttershy said. "How are you today?"

The bird tweeted happily.

"Oh, so good to hear!" Fluttershy replied.

"Whoa," the triplets breathed in unison.

Discord was shocked. She really could talk to the animals. That didn't make Discord like her more. In fact, it made him like her even less. She could talk to such pesky little creatures and now they were attracted to his house because Fluttershy was there.

"Do you three want something to eat?" Fluttershy asked. "I can cook you some dinner."

"You cook?" Scootaloo asked.

"Why, of course!" Fluttershy replied. "I learned to cook, so I could become a better nanny."

"Dad never cooks," Apple Bloom said.

Discord was mad at that statement, but he realized it was true and held his temper. He only made dinner appear with his magic.

"I can cook some grilled cheese," Fluttershy said. "That tends to be the most popular among fillies."

"Yeah!" the triplets agreed.

Fluttershy started the stove and took bread and cheese out of his fridge. As the triplets watched her cook the three sandwiches, Discord sighed and only grew more aversion towards her. However, the triplets liked her, so he didn't want to send her home.

After Fluttershy had put the triplets to bed, she came downstairs.

"What lulled the fillies to sleep so quickly?" Discord asked.

"A lullaby," Fluttershy said. "You sing them lullabies, don't you?"

"No," Discord replied.

"It's alright," Fluttershy said. "I can do it."

Fluttershy went towards the guest room. "Goodnight."

Discord didn't reply as she shut her door.

"Why do the fillies like her more than me?" Discord asked, sadly.