• Published 13th Oct 2016
  • 1,731 Views, 34 Comments

The Melody of Love - Sapphire Rose 12



In an alternate universe, Discord tries to parent three fillies and hires a nanny named Fluttershy who he ends up not being able to resist.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,731

Chapter 6: The News

"Oh no, it's the evil sorceress! She's about to do the spell on me!" Sweetie Belle cried.

Fluttershy and the triplets were playing pretend and Fluttershy was being an evil sorceress for them.

"You can't escape now," Fluttershy said.

"I'll protect you, Sweetie Belle!" Scootaloo said.

Scootaloo jumped in front of Sweetie Belle and used her toy sword to knock Fluttershy backwards. Fluttershy pretended to get hurt and fell.

"Noo!" Fluttershy cried. "Have mercy on me, Great and Powerful Scootaloo! I'll do anything!"

"Do you promise to be kind and help others?" Apple Bloom asked.

Fluttershy nodded. "I promise."

"Release her," Scootaloo told Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle cheered. "Thank you! You saved me!"

Discord and Rarity watched them, exchanged a look, and laughed.

"Psst! Fluttershy!" a voice called.

Fluttershy turned to see Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash in the bushes.

"Invite your family outside," Rainbow Dash said. "We'd like to tell them we're here."

"Isn't that blowing your cover?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, but it's alright," Rainbow Dash said. "I'm kind of getting tired of always hiding."

"Okay," Fluttershy said. She turned to Discord, Rarity, and the triplets. "Hey, come outside! There's some ponies I'd like you to meet!"

Discord, Rarity, and the triplets followed Fluttershy to the garden. Discord and the triplets were surprised to see Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, but Rarity just smiled and waved. She knew them from seeing them fail at their missions multiple times.

"Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie! And this is Rainbow Dash!"

Rainbow Dash smiled and nodded.

"Who are you?" Discord asked.

"We're spies for the NSA," Pinkie Pie said. "National Secret Agency. Although, Dash and I are getting tired of always sneaking around in the shadows."

"So, you were spying on us then?" Rarity asked.

"We were," Rainbow Dash said. "We were given a mission to bring your broken family together, but we just don't think we can do that without letting you know we exist."

"Well, I'm Discord and these are my triplets Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle."

"Hi!" the triplets said simultaneously.

"Oh, we know all about them! It's what we do as spies!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Well, that makes it easier for me," Discord said.

"And this is the maid, Rarity?" Rainbow Dash inquired.

Rarity nodded. "Although, I'm mostly fashion designing now. Fluttershy and Discord like to have races to see who can clean their half of the house faster."

"Wow, that sounds nice," Pinkie Pie said.

"Our family isn't broken though," Apple Bloom claimed. "What are you going to do to bring it together?"

"Now, that is our surprise," Pinkie Pie replied with a mysterious smile.








Cheerilee sat at her desk waiting patiently.

The door slowly opened and a familiar dragon stood at the entrance. "Ma'am, you wanted to see me?"

"Come in, Spike," Cheerilee invited. "I need to have a chat with you."

Spike sat down across from her at her desk and looked around her room a bit. Many photos were hung on the walls, tacked to her memo board, and on her magnet board. Spike also saw a scrapbook in front of her that she was working on. It was pictures of her family. Her husband Big Mac and her daughter and son, Apple Cider and Strong Heart. On her desk was also her name plate and many papers, pencils, pens, and highlighters. She was very well organized and her desk looked like something somepony with OCD would praise.

"So, what did you need me for?" Spike asked her.

"As you know, I monitor all nanny services around Equestria," Cheerilee replied. "It's my job to shut one down if I see a problem. And there's a problem with Fluttershy."

"What is it exactly?" Spike asked. He thought Fluttershy was doing a great job. Would could Cheerilee possibly mean by a problem?

"Nannies aren't supposed to fall in love with who they nanny for," Cheerilee went on to explain. "When they do that, do they know that's violating one of the rules of a national nanny service?"

"I guess she doesn't," Spike said with a shrug. "But what are we going to do? We can't just fire her. She loves to---"

"That's what I have to do," Cheerilee said.

"What?! No!!" Spike exclaimed. "Ma'am, surely we can think this through and---"

He was interrupted once more. "We cannot think this through, Spike. Nannies are only there to care for the family they work for."

Spike wanted to argue, but he knew better. He closed his mouth before any words could escape.

The door opened and Spike and Cheerilee turned in unison to see who it was. It was none other than Big Mac.

"Do I need to go now?" Cheerilee asked.

"Eeyup," Big Mac replied.

"Why?" Spike asked. "To stop this before it gets out of hoof?"

Big Mac nodded. "Eeyup."

Cheerilee put on her coat and hat.

"Now, watch my office while I'm gone," Cheerilee told Spike. "And make sure no one touches my photos."

Big Mac and Cheerilee left and Spike sat down in dismay.

Spike looked around at her photos and imagined how it felt to be like family. He looked up in realization. "That's exactly what she's going to make Fluttershy lose."










As Discord, Rarity, Fluttershy, and the triplets chatted at dinner, they were interrupted by a knock at the door.

Fluttershy got up to answer it and opened the door. Standing there was Cheerilee and her husband, Big Mac.

"Finally we find this place!" Cheerilee exclaimed. "That was quite a ride!"

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed, shaken.

"Cheerilee!" Fluttershy exclaimed. "I'm sorry, ma'am. How did you find out?"

Fluttershy turned to face Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie who looked at the ground in guilt.

Fluttershy gasped and tears filled her eyes. "W-w-was it you?"

Rainbow Dash looked alarmed. "Fluttershy! Please! It was part of our mission!"

"Part of your mission?!" Fluttershy exclaimed. "What? To betray me?"

Pinkie Pie shook her head and her own eyes filled with tears. "No! To tell Applejack everything we saw! Then, she told Cheerilee!"

"What's going on?" Sweetie Belle asked, heart pounding in fear.

Discord looked at Fluttershy in confusion and sadness. What was going on?

"You know you're not allowed to fall in love with anyone in the family you nanny for," Cheerilee said. "I'm afraid you have to switch to our Trottingham organization."

Fluttershy felt her heart shatter into pieces. Trottingham? That was many, many miles away. She'd have to take a boat to reach it.

The triplets gasped.

"No! Don't make her go!" Apple Bloom begged.

"She's like my mom!" Sweetie Belle added.

Cheerilee looked at her. "She should've thought about that a bit earlier."

The triplets began to cry and Rarity came up to her.

"Surely, there's something we can do, right? We can't just leave the poor little fillies like this!" Rarity protested.

Cheerilee shook her head and Big Mac added, "Eenope."

Fluttershy came up to Discord. "I---"

"You fell in love with me?" Discord asked in surprise.

Fluttershy nodded. "Yes, I did. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you..."

"No, it's okay," Discord said. "Because I fell in love with you, too."

Those words almost made Fluttershy fall backwards onto the floor. Fluttershy's heart sank. If this never had happened, they could've been so much more than just friends.

Rarity and the triplets looked at them.

"You could've been our real mother," Scootaloo said.

Fluttershy nodded. "I'm so sorry, Scootaloo. You fillies have the best imaginations. Keep using them."

Cheerilee and Big Mac said their goodbyes and left. The triplets went to their rooms on the brink of tears and Rarity sighed and went back to her room to fashion design.

"I'm sorry," Pinkie Pie said. "We just wanted to help."

"And you've helped enough," Discord said angrily.

Discord restrained himself with all his might to not let a trace of a single tear show. Fluttershy just looked at them for a while.

"I thought you girls were," Fluttershy said finally. "But I was wrong."

Fluttershy went to her room sobbing to pack her things.

"That's it!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "I don't want to be a spy anymore!"

Pinkie Pie nodded in agreement.

Rainbow Dash flew out of the aura as quickly as she could. Pinkie Pie looked back at the house. All she could think before she reluctantly followed was, What have I done?

Author's Note:

The next chapter is called "The Plan".