• Published 14th Oct 2016
  • 9,694 Views, 164 Comments

The Makings of a Songbird - Wendy A Crescent



A pegasus gets a chance to live out her greatest fantasy - being made into her special somepony's happy little songbird.

  • ...
37
 164
 9,694
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 45 )

If you don't write some kind of sequel I will be dissapoint :pinkiecrazy:

7690046 After I am NanoWriMo definitely going to at least do another one <3

A superb Epilogue to a consummate story.
Fantastic work Wendy.

7690052 At least another one, you say? Sounds like you're saying there's potential for more than one:trixieshiftright:

7690076 There definitely is. I really enjoy writing Gale and Cherry, and the Clocktower Society is a big place ... there are many things that can happen there. I mean I set up the Aviary didn't I? Or they could go on a vacation to an out of Equestria location? :raritywink: There is a lot of potential.

Well, now I've read it... I'm even more conflicted about this now! :applejackconfused: I like how this ended but at the same time an not so keen on liking this for some damn reason... Brain! Make up your mind already, you're killing me here! :raritydespair:

It was a good read I hope to see more of your work again.

You know, after the tweeting enchantment is placed on her collar, I can see Cherry and Fluttershy becoming good friends. Fluttershy gets a new "animal" friend, and Cherry gets somepony that can actually understand her.

7690219 *makes a note* That. Is. Brilliant.

7688826 I love your lack of self-control.
PM incoming when I get home ;)

Moaaaaar

Great to see an epilogue.

I'm glad they're happy.

Would be interested in seeing how they handle it if a boundary is passed though.

Cheeka? Pizza? What's next - a cupcake?

I was getting sad it's not going to be a longer thing descibing it all in walls od text. However, OP delivered...

Imagine my pleasant surprise to find a new chapter to this, its nice to see these two 'after the fact'. Too few stories look at things after things have concluded, and you did not disappoint.

Never stop writing!

IRL, this is my worst fear, except I never considered the BDSM shit.

Now I'm even more terrified. Thanks.

...I have no idea what to make of this. The ending throws me off. You go from some of the darkest BDSM sex/torture I've seen to... "oh, everything's fine and I meant none of that." You think there'd be some sort of fallout if a dark secret like that is revealed about one of your closest friends.

7743518 Well... I think I might have been a bit too vague about the fact that everything is one large role-play. In all honesty the entire premise of the Clocktower Society setting is basically consent. Cherry of course didn't know who would be the one to have her dragged down there ... but she consented by signing up for that experience. And I think that is where I went wrong I should have perhaps done a prologue where she goes through the hoops to sign up for that. And I know I definitely should have expanded the aftercare for it.

7693082 This is definitely not the last story about them, there will be a point when a line will be crossed and things will be handled one way or another. *Is purposefully vague cause she has ideas.*

7743822
A prologue would help with the consent issue, but that doesn't change the fact that, even for BDSM, he treated her potentially a bit rough. Role-play it might be, but I'd think someone would be a bit more uneasy about a situation like that.

7755056 It is probably the darker of the stories yes, personally its the style of Role-Play in bdsm that attracts me personally.

7744048 mhm, thought hat being said I think it is more a case of personal preference, I've been through rough sessions somewhat like what I put cherry through. I can understand though how someone looking at it from a different angle could be uneasy about the treatment.

7743912 To be honest I have been pondering of writing a BDSM story that is focused more on the relationship and the more unique issues that a couple can run into which seems to be something that is missing in quite a few stories. Going too far, getting stuck int eh mindset ... doing some stupid self-bondage to surprise your Master and them getting angry because you forgot to a way of escape. Stuff like that.

7759699

I eagerly await what you might come up with.

i need MOAR!

Well, there's an instant favorite and follow.

....aaaand I feel like going to the old days because of this. Usually not a fan of BDSM, however Mind Break and others are of personal favourite. And now a story like this made me relish the times of when I was more active.
I thank you for putting out such enjoyable story, it touched me on a sympathetic scale. Reminding me of fantasies that was once a reality.
In which I should resume to honestly, instead of sitting about and keeping to myself.

I loke thr dtoru cuase it was atright romance for once unlike the 80 percent f/f you see everywhere

Review
Wrote a review.
Couldn't express my personal feelings but know I love this story, so much more than I ever thought I would.

7743822 The biggest issue I have with this is that just signing up in advance is not enough. The entire reason for safe words is so that anyone (even the dom), at any time, can decide that things are beyond what they want. There is a particular part of this story that makes everything after it, effectively, non-consensual:

Cherry most certainly couldn’t recall an overwhelming sense of lust like the one that was starting to cloud her mind being a part of it.

At that point her judgement is compromised, and anything dealt to her is outside of consent. I love BDSM play as much as the next person (as can be seen in quite a lot of my writing), but drugging someone for real and claiming it is still 100% consensual is too much.

8127864 Oh that part. Sorry I had to actually look it up in the story, I might have kind of been a bit off in my description there. It's not actually her being drugged, It's more an aphrodisiac which... yeah, reading it back I would probably handle it differently in the future.

You're actually not the first to comment on it, I also got a PM with the same concern when I first published the story.

8134834 Heh, good to hear. I still don't like the idea of aphrodisiacs (at least fantasy ones, oysters are just plain yum), I consider them on-par with date-rape drugs for the most part (when "used" by a party that is, If it is something unavoidable, it is unavoidable).

Not the worst clocktower story I have read. The collar system in particular seems really strange and fixated on particular aspects of the kink. I mean, there is no way (last time I checked the reference docs) to mark yourself as just wanting bondage without sex.

8134842 I can see where you are coming from. Looking at other stories they tend to be used as more of that. To be honest it was maybe a bit of projection on my part because its an idea I personally really love. (Not the date rape part, but the aphrodisiac play I mean.) I do have to agree oysters are delicious :heart:

You do bring up a good point about the collar system though, I will poke Manifest about it and see if we can add something like it in. I've been considering a story that is about non-sexual pet-play. which would be perfect to introduce a collar code like that in.

8134850 Yay! Aces represented at last! :twilightsmile:

Orgasm denial seems along the same lines.

Please more?~ <3 :twilightsmile: If so, the threatened chastity belt would be fun~ :twilightblush:

You said she was broken was she doesn't seem that way at all.

8175367

The entire story is a very intense BDSM scene in the Clocktower Society setting. It's all play, albeit very deep crystal bell/root play. Cherry is not and was never intended to be truly "broken" in the way I think you mean. That doesn't happen in CTS, it would necessarily violate consent, which is contrary to the core CTS principles. It's all roleplay.

8177845
I get that but then what was all the big deal about this? Why did she object to it being her close friend?

8177847
It gave her pause because it was startlingly unexpected and a dramatic change in the nature of their relationship. It was an inflection point – if she'd actually decided to object, she would have used a safeword or bell rings. Instead she ultimately decided to continue.

8177858
I still felt the moment was kind of rushed. It's like she just decided it.

Loved this story, a lot, it was so sweet at the right places, hot in others.

A month spent with the stallion who had broken her will, and rebuilt her from the ground up over the course of the following days.

Ehhhhh-hehehehhe umm story.. this is in character right? kind of jumping right into this without the right context....

She knew it was all a scene they roleplayed, but the thought of her experiences then, and in the weeks following… she was happier than she had ever been in her life.

Whew, okay good story, good.

that she submitted herself for his, and her, pleasure in the bedroom.

Cute... and she is the sub, still maybe a little variety would be good. But, so long as it is JUST in the bedroom.

that he, no, that she had given herself

Ohh like this. Very perfect.

he ring echoing across the plaza drawing everything to a momentary halt.

And again love when stories do this, show just how devote to safety and the codes and bells everypony is.

but she knew talking wasn't something a bird did;

*cough* parrots *cough*

Yes I know I'm being way to nitpicky.:derpytongue2:

what some outsiders would see as sick, pained pleasure.

Luckily none of them would be in the Society to see this.

even though she knew he really meant a thorough preening in bondage.

Okay that is cute.

It was a large part of the healthier diet he had started her on.

:rainbowlaugh: Oh that is.. why is that so hilarious.

she was conditioned to associate pleasure with it.

Really hoping this is purely a conscious in RP choice...

she was happy she was allowed the bathroom at least.

Yeah that would be very much a bit to far.

She couldn’t talk! He’d taken away her words!

Okay that seems like some really high level magic and... she has the bell she has the bell she has the bell..

Mine would ringing off the hook right now cause this idea is just all of NONONONONONONONONONONONO to me, but that is again a personal limit.

He smiled back at her, allowing just a little genuine loving affection past his cruel persona.

Okay.. I like this and, love the touches, still really want some nice, fluffy, tamer, top level sexy times after all this.

Is very, very much a Gold Band sub.

Cherry wasn’t a unicorn, but even to her it was clear he was pushing himself again. “

Awwwwww... very sweet and shows that, he is trying his hardest to please her, that all this.. it's not easy for him, that while it looks like she's doing everything taking all the abuse just being used, he's really really struggling to make sure she enjoys this as much as possible.

“Oh… my… such language…” The mare hid behind her cotton candy pink mane, though was sneakily peeking through the strands.

Fluttershy, you know you've seen and heard a LOT worse with all the stuff you do.

trying to snuggle into the side of a large red earth pony stallion with a blond mane.

:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

his wings wrapping warmly around her still panting trembling form. She blinked, when had he cast that illusion? She wasn’t quite sure; she hadn’t noticed them before now.

Okay that made me startle a bit at first too

you really like your wing don't you?

"I… like the tweeting.,"

fair enough like i said, it's more a personal limit thing.

“So? I like spoiling my prized pet. I might even make pizza tonight, get us some cider while we read a book.”

Seriously they are SO ADORABLE!

Knowing he had no idea she was telling him how gorgeous he was, or how much she loved him, she did her best to keep her tone sweet, letting her emotions reflect in the tone of her tweets.

:heart::heart:

Also random thought... Could Fluttershy understand her tweeting?

Hanging upside down in front of him, she pressed her lips against his. “I love you too, Snowy.”

Seriously that was sweet.

This was.. I'll admit sweet but, just.. sweet. Again more a, doesn't really hit my personal buttons thing. I get he appeal but just, not a thing for me, but I still enjoyed it because you made the emotions so great. Just a nice little capstone to a very sweet, if really hardcore and intense' story that simply had a rocky start.

I'll start off by saying that you have a good hand for scenecrafting, in both senses of "scene". Once we get past introducing everypony, everything in the Tower is very nicely described, and the basic outline of all that happens down in the Root seems -- from a naive perspective -- well put together.

Like Seraphem, though, I have an issue with the somewhat-questionable consent, both in-universe (only agreeing to the chirping after she gets her voice back) and out (I might have missed something, but the first I knew this wasn't just part of the slave pens was Gale saying he saw her name on a list, with the implication that she signed up at the Breakers' Guild herself). I can see why you'd structure it like that from a narrative perspective, especially after reading through the complaints Seraphem got for making it clear his roleplay was play, but as I understand it the entire premise of CTS was so Manifest could write something more explicitly consensual than the other BDSM fics on here. As the author, you intimately know what your characters are good for; as readers we can make reasonably good guesses with limited repercussions; as a participant in the scene, Gale should never assume Windy's answer. That holds for both assuming her limits on the phaser (though given it's -- again, presumably -- through the Breaker's guild, that has slightly more leeway) and for tearing up her collar (especially before, but neither excusable after, offering the new one in exchange).

I didn't, however, have any big problem with you using the crowd in the Pens as a literary tool. Yeah, it might be strange for them as characters to all fall silent and stare, but at that moment they're not functioning as chararacters, they're functioning as a manifestation of Windy's self-consciousness, fear and excitement. They're figurative, and a good, oft-forgotten, way of encoding emotion.

Finally, despite all the imagery leading to it, the pet play at the end seemed like a rather sudden shift. I'm definitely not complaining about it, but I didn't see the foreshadowing she was meant to be a literal songbird. Then again, I might have been a bit too stuck in thinking of him as the Phantom of the Opera playing his organ.

Please more? ^3^

The last graphic went down. Shame, I loved this one with the cage... :(

I do enjoy stories with this theme. Nothing hotter really when done well.

Awww ; ~~~ ;

Login or register to comment