• Member Since 15th Sep, 2015
  • offline last seen 11 hours ago

Sparrow9642


I'm a proud brony who reads stuff for a living. I also write darkfics & family-friendly stuff every-so-often. All I can say is, if you plan to read any of my content, happy horrors ;)

Sequels1

Comments ( 30 )

7483846 Yeah, notice the "GRIMDARK" warning. Seriously, if you don't like it, then don't read it.

7483853 not how i expected the grim dark.

7483861 If you ever see something labelled "grimdark" it's not a happy story.

7483873 I expect Rainbow maybe killing them then realize the truth.

This is unrealistic.

Damn. That was brutal.

7483878 Welcome to Grimdarks.

Nice. But there are flaws.
Why didn't twilight contact celestia? Or quarantine ponyville? These would be things she would think of.

7483903 Even if Celestia got involved, she would've been infected just like the others, and it would've spread to Canterlot faster than it eventually would've. Quarantine would've done some good, maybe that can be made into an alternate ending, even though I have a feeling how it would end. Just like the movie "Quarantine" did hehe:rainbowlaugh:

I actually happened to like this. I thought it was a pretty good story that gave me chills.

So far, this is my favorite grimdark story based on this episode.
I loved how you wrote it, it was perfectly grimdark, good job on this, Sparrow

7484026 Thank you, alot of the writing style came from listening to theLostNarrator's reading on youtube. Happy horrors, my friend :)

7484066 Cool!, I'll have to check out his readings on youtube then ;)
I hope that you have happy horrors as well, my friend :pinkiecrazy:

7563123 Sequels are in progress. The truth is going to get more grim :pinkiecrazy:

Hey.

Wow. While not the darkest fic I've ever read, it really hits you where it hurts. You know I didn't really like the episode itself. I know it's a kids show and I wasn't expecting blood and body parts flying everywhere...it's just...ugh...I really felt they could have done better. At the end of the episode, I found myself wishing for something a little more brutal just to get rid of the bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for this. :rainbow wild:

Most horror stories don't focus on reality. You seemed to dive headfirst into the shock factor, which despite all the critiques from critics, is what sells nowadays. Twilight felt a little OOC, but if I were her I'd want to ease my friends suffering as well. Heck,s he could have blasted the entire town and ended every pony's suffering. I thinks he should have created some sort of bubble to quarantine the town so that the virus wouldn't spread.

Welcome to the GRIM!

7597650 Yep, I'm writing a sequel to it, telling what happened in the following 28 days after the virus was exposed.

7563123 Based on what happened, it seems to only spread through direct contact or inhalation of the air around it. It probably wouldn't affect others, and even then they would likely take precautions to prevent spread of disease.

Nice sequel idea, anyway.

Great, one of your better ones but just one question
Couldn’t Rainbow Dash maybe survive? Because she had been cared for unlike any of the other ponies? Sorry Ik it’s just after hearing so many creepy pastas I just kinda feel bad for RD she always ends up being the first one dead.

Another superb piece of work Sparrow. Do you mind if I take inspiration from this for an upcoming EqG grimdark I'll be writing? I'll make sure to credit you.

9665739
Thanks very much. Familiar with the game Killing Floor?

Just outright murders Applejack in cold blood without thinking of another solution....

:ajbemused:

Remind me to avoid Twilight if I'm ever sick.

What happened to those cookies?!

Dang, 049 would've had a field day here.

This was pretty sad. And that part about what Fluttershy did hurt. Her final act of kindness, morbid.
I wonder what the heck that company put in those cookies for this to happen. They should be shut down sent to the sun for this.

Login or register to comment