• Published 10th Jun 2016
  • 4,308 Views, 248 Comments

The Soldier and The Unexpected - Scorch215



Commander Twilight Sparkle's life is about to take an unexpected turn that will change her life and Equestria forever.

Comments ( 73 )

7344421i tjoughtnit was the perfect song when I heard it a few days before writing the chapter. I am so glad thebsong came out intome for this chapter to be written.


Also about the broken color tags.

DAMNIT! I'm on a cell phone so don't know if I can fix them or not.

Currently Twilight was acting as a sort of representative of the EDF as they realized Twilight having nothing to do was far worse then her having connections to the army when she ended up painting a giant “FUCK YOU IT’S CHRYSALIS YOU FUCKING MORONS! !” on the side of the Equestrian Times building before processing to covered the building in toilet paper,

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:


actually SOL could work. the daily crap of running a military force could be entertaining.

I honestly think this could have had a few more chapters.

So many chapters... You're spoiling us!
(I'm not complaining)

7344495 sadly I couldn't really think of anything else to have her do that wasn't pure buruacrocy and me just saying ehsr different paperwork said and her signing her name or sending out orders that jsbe very little consequences as a whole

7344516 well the mood swings would have made it comic gold.

7344539 possible but I'd have had to come up with a lot of random official paperwork and then her random reactions to it as well as crazy orders and creativity was not with me for such an endeavor

7344597 maybe I will do it at some point.

7344608 feel free.

Getting a fan fic of one of mu fan fics is a goal of mine.

welcome to the world Violet Flame.
exultant story.

“What the fuck do you think I’m doing you Celestia damn pieces of shit!!!”
And the sound of the Royal Canterlot Voice echoing from deeper into the hospital explained why all these people here.
“My she certainly likes using the often doesn’t she sister?” Princess Celestia said as she calmly sipped her tea.

nope couldn't keep a straight face i tried but that was funny

Edit: i think your missing a couple words between "the" and "often"

7345704 no clue what that means. :pinkiehappy:

Congratulations you made fall out my chair laughing my ass off.

7345754 oh? Which part??

7345766 the whole damn scene :rainbowlaugh:

But in regards sir penwood if you havent watched the anime hellsing ultimate series then DO SO!!! Your life is incomplete without it!! Ok not really but still a damn good series. Anyway sir penwood was an officer in london who achieved his position because of his birth right. (Sound familiar) but in the 5th episode he gave a nice little speech about how if he was to be given a position then the least he could do was perform his duty. In his case it involved staying in a small building trying to get comunications back up while nazi vampires stormed his building. He went out in a blaze of glory taking the enemy with him.

I'd like to see blueblood or another noble do something similar just to give them some class. Maybe blueblood's heir?

7346159 if you think about it that makes Chrysalis "Integra" and twilight "Alucard":trollestia:

7346610
I guess in a way but doesn't quite fit with Twilight calling the shots.

And scorch I wasn't able to find Penwood's speech but I did find his last moments.

7345640 that is is true, after that part with CTS yelling that with Princess Celestia's responses I basically laughed my ass off.:rainbowlaugh:

7350759 A little from column A, a little from Column B. Mostly A. And just to add, I really didn't know about the band till this story. I enjoy their work, as I do yours. I've read all the stuff so far with Commander Sparkle and the EDF.

7351327 ah yes Sabaton spreads. Excellent. My plans are working. Soon they shall take over the world with their epic music! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!



And I'm glad you are enjoying the story and have are enjoying the adventures of out psychotic made and her army as they....well deal.with things as they come up.

For a highly disciplined fighting force a lot of strange stuff seems to happen around them as well as them being the center of some really strange humor that comes out of the blue.

7352335 I also thought of another nickname for the doctors from the Everfree facility... 'plague doctors'.

7352869 that world work too. They may have both names. Who knows eh?

7361844 blame autocorrect not knowing how to spell definitely ad correcting it on its own.

I got tired of fighting the thing why its not changed to what its supposed to be.

7361869
Are you actually talking about auto‐correct or auto‐completion? Auto‐completion is heavily influenced by your input. If you’ve let auto‐complete choose the first option when it was wrong then it will offer that word the next time and so on and so on… If you don’t teach it then it’ll never learn. Auto‐correct can also be taught to stop being retarded but just like with auto‐complete If you don’t teach it then it’ll never learn.

I digress. You could honestly do a find → replace of defiantly with definitely on the first three stories and you would only introduce a single error. I’m not even kidding: it really is that bad. The sheer number of errors in these stories is mind‐blowing but the misuse of defiantly was so consistent that your actually managing to use it right was what broke my concentration. (A dubious honour to be awarded but I thought you might laugh nonetheless.)

7362337 Iddon't know if its called Autocorrect on a PC. All I know is o put definitely and it changes to defiantly and nothing has gotten it to stop. I am aware the systems can learn. But it doesn't seem to want to learn to stop doing that and I have stopped fighting it and will just have it fixed in editing once I'm able to set that up.

I do thank you for enjoying the storied even with the errors that are throughout it.

7362683
Ah. Spellcheck. Considering that you don’t know what it’s called on a computer you’ve either never run across it before deciding to write fanfiction … which is damn odd … or that English isn’t your first language and you were unfamiliar with the correct term in English.

Auto‐complete: type a few letters and either a suggestion comes up which you can manually select or you press tab and cycle through suggestions. Both Windows and Linux have auto‐completion for their command lines, almost all smart phones have this turned on by default whenever inputting text.
Auto‐correct: type a word incorrectly and it will be automatically “corrected” when you move on to the next word. On real computers auto‐correct tends to be used for common misspellings, like “teh” instead of “the” and substituting glyphs, like replacing three full stops with an ellipsis or replacing straight apostrophes with “smart” quotes.
Spellcheck: manually go through all detected spelling errors, one‐by‐one. In proper, dedicated word processors (like Microsoft Word or Libre Office) there are options to automatically correct all instances of a specific misspelling, all misspelled words, and whether to default to using a particular suggestion or not. Simpler programs may have some, none, or all of these features in any combination.

While it would be preferable to get this feature working instead of having to rely on editors there’s no way I can talk a neophyte through it over the ’net. Have you got any offline friends who are particularly computer‐savvy or use word processors a lot? If you do you should ask one if they’d be so kind as to teach you how to use your spellcheck to its fullest potential. Or even how to get it to stop making that “correction”.

I do thank you for enjoying the storied even with the errors that are throughout it.

You’re quite welcome. While there is no way in hell I’d recommend the series to anybody before it gets cleaned up you’ve still managed to write something both interesting lore‐wise and darkly compelling purely as a story.

7363550 dude I'm an American. I only speak English (and bit of German but that's neither here nor there) as well have been writing stories since I was around 16 (I'm 24 now) but different systems use different names of systems so I didn't know if the auto correct on my computer was named the same.

As well I only write on Word as it comes with a spell check. By it also auto corrects some words at random.and nothing I do will get it to stop (I've been through all the settings)

As for friends I'm the only person who writes out of mu friends so I have the most expirance with Word, plus none of them are in MLP (some are actullu very Much not fans of it) so asking them to help me with a fan fiction of the show would get me no where.

Its why I will be getting editors once I have IRL situations felt with so I can actually work with them to get all my stories fixed up.

I do thank you for taking time to explain the things and I apologize if I made it seem I didn't know. I was not meaning to imply that.

Anyways rest assured as soon as possible all books and side fics in the Soldier Series will be edited as I know they are a mess do to grammar and parts of spelling not being my strong suit (you should see the raw drafts they are virtually unreadable till I use spell check)

7363597 Personally, I'd run it through Google docs (just copy and paste it), since the spellcheck is REALLY good @ catching errors.....although that would still be a pain in the ass since it's almost all manual.

7364279 so is Word at chstachi g errors. It find them all. I just need to know what word it is suppose to be or at least have it spelled so the system knows what I'm going for.

Plus Icant use GDoc without internet so it is a worthless system to me.

7364360 not to mention GDoc is glitchy as hell when I use it and half the screen is nothing but corruption and dienst remember anything I upload to it.

And no its not mu computer as I've used three different computer on three different networks and its all the same.a broken mess.

I can send thing tonpeolle but they have to link me to it on their end or else I won't ever see it again.

7368767 because twilight had traits that allowed her to become a psychopath. Remember the shoe has already shown her to have a thread of insanity in her that can actually manifest and lead to her causing untold chaos.

She is concerned the foal will be the same or worse.

Plus factor in she has been a psychopath for over half a century so all of that is normal for her and how she views herself.

So understandable shed be conceded her child would take traits like that as its what she is used to being.

If was fun as always too read your story!

7379371 I'm glad you think so. I hope the next one is as enjoyable. :twilightsmile:

7412973 Now you see why CTS is worry of the foal taking after her and being a psychopath

Hah, yeah, bad idea, Chryssie, giving her your hoof.

That was really nice, though, I wonder if she's really wingless or if you simply forgot to mention them.

7414524 they develop later right Noe Violet is like a changeling nymph so has no wings but she will gain then later.

7414711 Ah, I see. Awesome.

Wait a second… Who is Flurry Heart's father? I thought Shining Armor died…

7418483 Cadence was pregnant before he was killed. She was going to tell him after Twilights birthday, in short she never got the chance to tell him and Flurry never met her father.

7418508 ah ok, that makes more sense.

7419120 glad I could clear it up

A rumbling from outside drew Nurse Soft’s attention to what was outside the window as an EDF tank rolled down the street outside the hospital.

ok that got me laughing

And now to do this one. I finished this one in harf a day, starting all most right after I finished The Princess and the Soldier, and will say I realy liked this one, we got to see a bit in to the daily life of the commander and got lots of development on a lot of the side charters that did not get much time to shine in both Soldier of Magic and The Princess and the Soldier, winch is good.

This one may have been a short one but it was not a bad one, it did what it set out to do and did it to a near perfection, I would ave liked to see more of Violet Flame goring up but I guess some of that will be The Soldier and The Empress story?

But as I say in all my prevents reviews "Good job and keep up the good work. :twilightsmile:"

Nurse Soft was the head nurse on duty in the Manehatten Celestial Mercy Hospital, or simply Mercy Hospital Emergency Room. She had been a nurse for many years now and had seen all sorts of situations from random hypochondriacs to multiple gunshot wound victim that she found amazing were still alive. She had seen so much that no matter what came through the door she wasn’t fazed.
Today threw all that out the window as she sat behind the ER desk with two other nurses; all three of them were sweating and fidgeting nervously. The reason being wasn’t hard to figure out as the waiting room before them currently sat two equally nervous patients as well as the entire command staff of the EDF, two alicorns that were sisters, two alicorns that were mother and daughter, some random changeling and two dozen of combat ready EDF soldiers and equal number of Royal Guards in full riot gear. She had heard from other sections of the hospital that soldiers and Royal Guard were patrolling the halls, doing their best to not interfere with the functions of the hospital.
A rumbling from outside drew Nurse Soft’s attention to what was outside the window as an EDF tank rolled down the street outside the hospital. The army had taken over an entire four blocks around the hospital and from what she had heard declared Martial Law within those blocks.
From her window she could see tanks setting up in defensive positions as well as the armies Humvees patrolling the side streets. In the skies pegasi from both the Royal guard and EDF flew patrols as helicopters from both groups also patrolled the skies. On the roofs the mare could see EDF sniper teams and she was sure there were more she couldn’t see hidden in the buildings.
The sidewalks had soldier in full combat gear and Royal guard in full riot control gear walking or holding positions behind sandbags and other cover aiming away from the hospital. She even saw a few of the EDF heavy machine guns set up in little sandbag bunkers.
The army was turning away everyone, including ambulances unless it was an emergency that they wouldn’t be able to reach another hospital in time, in which case the soldiers and guards followed them all the way to room then stood outside the door in case it was some sort of ruse.
A small army inside the hospital and an even larger army outside of the hospital with the entire leadership of the nation sitting in her waiting room,  yes Nurse Soft’s ability to shrug off anything that came through those doors had long since left her.

“What the fuck do you think I’m doing you Celestia damn pieces of shit!!!”

And the sound of the Royal Canterlot Voice echoing from deeper into the hospital explained why all these people here.
“My she certainly likes using the often doesn’t she sister?” Princess Celestia said as she calmly sipped her tea.
“Yes dear sister, we figured she would find many a use for it when we taught it to her.” Princess Luna said as she read one of the magazines that adorn the waiting room. Both Royal sisters seemed complexly at ease with the yelling that was going on in the hospital as if this was an everyday occurrence. When the ambulance had arrived with the mare in labor Nurse Soft had thought it was just going to be another delivery, but mixed with who all arrived and the random uses of the Royal Voice to show obscenities and the occasional threat it had quickly gone past routine.
The Princess of Love and her daughter sat off to the side, one was reading a book she had brought with her while the pink alicorn looked as giddy as a schoolfilly with the large smile in her face and her eying practically shinning as she stared at the door and leaned towards it.
The command staff had moved some of the chairs around a small table and were currently playing cards with each other and were acting like this was nothing new to them, though with some of the things the army had faced Nurse Soft supposed this probably was just an ordinary day if not a minor incident.

“I BLAME YOU FOR ALL OF THIS CHRYSALIS AND I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!”

That yell was followed by a loud explosion followed by someone yelling for an inhibitor ring.
Nurse Soft could only glance at two the equally nervous nurses with her, yes today was a day for everything to be turned on its head.

<<<O>>>

Eight hours, many swears, a handful of threats, several explosions and four magic inhibitor rings later friends and family of the foul mouthed alicorn were informed that everything had gone well and there were only minor injuries, most of them to the Changeling Queen who came in with the alicorn who had been treated as well before the patient was moved to a private room and they could now visit her.
 With that information given to the room full of the nation’s leadership the group had stood and asked if they could visit her. Not wanting to deny any of them, especially with multiple squads of soldiers and guards staring at them from behind the leadership with a look that said “Do it” the hospital staff granted the request and the group was lead to the room the alicorn had been placed in to rest.
The Royal Sisters were the first to enter followed by the other two alicorns as well as the EDF Command Staff. What they found was a Changeling Queen with several bandages on her body as well as a hoof in a sling, having learned never offer your hoof for a mare with cybernetic finger to squeeze as it tends to break bones. Sitting in the bed with a nurse making sure the monitoring equipment was hooked up correctly was Twilight Sparkle sitting up with sever pillows piled up behind her so she could rest against them.
As a stallion in a protective suit walked in and as saw the am rein the bed he felt a need to do what he rarely ever did, speak. “You look something the cat dragged in, ate then spit up Commander.” He said as he saw the disheveled appeared of the military leader.
Twilight fixed the stallion with a flat stare. “Thank you Lieutenant that’s just what I want to hear after giving birth.” She said flatly. The Lieutenant nodded before moving to a coroner of the room and Twilight rolled her eyes.
In the arms, the mare was clearly in biped mode as her fingers were deployed was a small bundle wrapped in a pink blanket. Several of the ones in the room crowded around the bed to try and see but a sharp look from the nurse quickly made them all back pedal. Once they got a node the four alicorns approached, two with well-crafted masks, one with interest and one with a slightly disturbing amount of interest, Twilight made a mental note to speak to psychological operations about them sending a doctor to talk to Cadence.
“She’s adorable.” Flurry heart said with a smile and the two Royal Sister nodded, both with small smiles, Cadence nodded vigorously, her muzzle wearing a wide smile, definitely having a psy-ops doctor talk to her.

Oh man :rainbowlaugh: if the rest of mane 6 and the alterintive mane 6 where there they would have probly got a kick out of that.

I like this story no matter how much I read it

7761154 glad to hear it :twilightsmile:

The comedy and the general reaction of everyone and thing is priceless. :rainbowlaugh:
And though the age part is overlooked, I can see why the Lieutenant was picked and still got a smirk out of me for it.

Nurse Soft was the head nurse on duty in the Manehatten Celestial Mercy Hospital, or simply Mercy Hospital Emergency Room. She had been a nurse for many years now and had seen all sorts of situations from random hypochondriacs to multiple gunshot wound victim that she found amazing were still alive. She had seen so much that no matter what came through the door she wasn’t fazed. Today threw all that out the window as she sat behind the ER desk with two other nurses; all three of them were sweating and fidgeting nervously. The reason being wasn’t hard to figure out as the waiting room before them currently sat two equally nervous patients as well as the entire command staff of the EDF, two alicorns that were sisters, two alicorns that were mother and daughter, some random changeling and two dozen of combat ready EDF soldiers and equal number of Royal Guards in full riot gear. She had heard from other sections of the hospital that soldiers and Royal Guard were patrolling the halls, doing their best to not interfere with the functions of the hospital. A rumbling from outside drew Nurse Soft’s attention to what was outside the window as an EDF tank rolled down the street outside the hospital. The army had taken over an entire four blocks around the hospital and from what she had heard declared Martial Law within those blocks. From her window she could see tanks setting up in defensive positions as well as the armies Humvees patrolling the side streets. In the skies pegasi from both the Royal guard and EDF flew patrols as helicopters from both groups also patrolled the skies. On the roofs the mare could see EDF sniper teams and she was sure there were more she couldn’t see hidden in the buildings. The sidewalks had soldier in full combat gear and Royal guard in full riot control gear walking or holding positions behind sandbags and other cover aiming away from the hospital. She even saw a few of the EDF heavy machine guns set up in little sandbag bunkers. The army was turning away everyone, including ambulances unless it was an emergency that they wouldn’t be able to reach another hospital in time, in which case the soldiers and guards followed them all the way to room then stood outside the door in case it was some sort of ruse. A small army inside the hospital and an even larger army outside of the hospital with the entire leadership of the nation sitting in her waiting room, yes Nurse Soft’s ability to shrug off anything that came through those doors had long since left her.

I think this is pushing the phrase “No such thing as overkill.”

8648392
Every civilian leader, and military leader in a single location?

you can never have too much security for such a prime target.

Login or register to comment