• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,534 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,534

PreviousChapters Next
The Legend of Celestia 03

The Legend of Celestia 03

When you see dark clouds moving at an unnatural speed you get a little worried, but when you see those same clouds moving in the direction of another settlement then that worry is not that big; sure, they seemed to gather around Canterlot but that meant very little to me.

The one thing that was important was the purple haired girl that had followed Sweetie Belle and me all the way to Kakariko, one who was an important retinue to royalty in Canterlot but I was pretty sure that it wasn't that version who was walking with us; no, it was even worse than that. It was moments like this when I wished for my voice again, just so I could lose it with all the screaming I would do.

After so many years Celestia was sending someone? Well, it was that or the idiot stumbled upon the mirror by mistake and seeing the nonexistent muscles the girl had it was more probable that than to think Celestia send her to drag me back to Equestria.

Not only that, but she was paying too much attention to me so it was obvious she knew who I was, that or she was disgusted about my scar, everyone that went to Master Coals had the same reaction with my scar, the face they made were extremely entertaining.

Twilight seemed ready to start talking, maybe ask me where did I come from or something like that when she was interrupted by my greatest headache and entertainment all rolled up in one, the Kakariko Crusaders.

“Sweetie Belle, did you get it back?” The tallest of the trio said, she was wearing her farm clothes so it was clear she was already done with her chores at Sweet Apple Acres; meanwhile the other girl was still wearing her thin shirt and shorts, who wants to bet that she haven't even started on the chores Master Coals had for her?

“Of course I did, Sunset helped me, there was no way I wouldn't recover it”

“That's good, Ah swear those stupid Bokoblins will one day bite more than they can chew”

“Nah, once I get good enough with the sword I'm going to smack them all” Scootaloo said the same bravado as always so I only gave her a dope slap over her head much to the entertainment of her friends “hey! What was that for?”

“Ah think she is trying to tell you that you first gotta beat her”

“Is not my fault that she is taller, she has an advantage over me!”

“I think the Bokoblins are taller than you so how are you going to beat them?” Sweetie Belle finished the discussion in her own way making Scootaloo pout in indignation before I pointed to the blacksmith, thankfully Scootaloo understood the sign.

“Come on, doing chores is stupid, can't you just teach me how to use a sword instead?” For all answer I took her ear between my fingers and began to walk in the direction of work not paying attention to Scootaloo's yelps and complaints.

“Is she always like that?” I heard the voice of Twilight and I swear my mood began to sour.

“She is always like that when it comes to Scootaloo trying to get out of her responsibilities”

“Yeah, Ah swear, if Ah tried to do that Dad would tan mah hide; hey! Aren't you one of those... whatcha call it? Restrainer?”

“Is retainer, she is Lady Twilight, a retainer of Princess Celestia” Oh, there is another name that can make my day go downhill faster than an invasion of skulltulas, it was just my luck that the portal brought me to a world with another Princess Celestia, thankfully her power seemed more ceremonial than anything, just imagining the face of the Princess Celestia from the other side when she found out that shift in power on this side was enough to brighten my day.

“Oh, so why is she here?” I would like to know that too Apple Bloom, and apparently Twilight wasn't expecting that question.

“Well... you see... I was going to start researching the temple outside the town! Yes, that!” that lie was so bad that it made me cringe, but of course the kids fell for it; either way once we reached the blacksmith a mountain of a man was already tending to the fire before his scowl settled on Scootaloo, thankfully it changed to a smile when he looked at me.

“So there you were, thank you for bringing her back Sunset, now, I want you to start working on the new plow for Big Mac while I see that my daughter starts her chores this time” he said making Scootaloo sheepishly grin before the crusaders were shepherded by Live Coals leaving me in charge of the forge and after a few moments, which I spend checking my tools and the stoked fire, I heard a throat being cleaned and I remembered that I still had a headache to deal with; so, without turning around I grabbed my mini-blackboard (a gift from the local teacher Cherilee) and wrote her a small message.

You got the Portable Blackboard

“Oh, that's a great idea, it says... 'Go back to Equestria'... so I guess it was obvious for you, isn't it?” I wish I still had my voice so I could give a sarcastic remark… or a remark at all, but I settled on an eyebrow cocked, I found out it works in the same way; isn’t it amazing how much attention people put to someone’s body language when they knew you were mute? “Yeah… I… ah”

‘Today Princess’ I wrote on the blackboard just to annoy her, I mean, she looked so dainty that she was either another member of Celestia’s annoying noble circle or she was just another bureaucrat or a scholar, sadly I never saw coming her answer.

“How did you know I was a Princess?” Her shocked face was probably the exact same reaction that I had in my face because there was no way that was true… Celestia ascended her… the fucking bitch had ascended her! I felt the old rage start crawling over my body, I felt it tense up and it was so bad that my hand holding a hammer was shaking. I think I scared her because she had taken a step back so I began to breathe in and out just like I’ve seen Rarity do whenever Sweetie and the others did something stupid; sure, I wanted to murder the girl in front of me but since she looked like Princess Celestia’s retainer in this world I would probably get into too many problems.

I finally felt the darkness fall back and once again my mind was free; I swear, I haven’t had an attack like this one since the first year I stayed in Kakariko; this was too much so I turned around and began working on the almost finished plow for the Apples, maybe if I ignore my problem it will go away and let me live in peace, maybe it will make me forget how much it hurt to hear her say she was a princess.

“I’m… I’m sorry, even though I don’t know why but I made you mad, so I’m sorry” and she was still there, great; I left the hammer on the anvil, better to leave it there or I would be tempted to throw it at her head, then I pointed at her and immediately in the direction of the Kakariko Woods, maybe if she knew I wanted her away from here then she will finally leave me alone and I would go back to my life “Look, I didn’t come here to fight or to antagonize you, and I don’t know why you got so mad at me being a Princess but, and this may sound stupid, I’ve been having dreams all month, you were there in all of them”

‘And?’

“And that was before I even knew you existed” okay, I’ll take that answer at face value and not think it was an attack against me but I was tempted to hit her over the head with my board.

‘Prophetic?’

“That’s what Princess Celestia thinks so, that’s why I came here, I mean, even the portal activated out of time” so that’s why she was here, damn, that must have been the work of some powerful magic, well, too bad for her “Sunset, do you know of any kind of power from this world that is represented by three triangles making a bigger one?” Oh… ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohno.

Running into the house I quickly grabbed the sketch book I used whenever there was a custom order and started to rummage through the drawings until I found the one I wanted, then went outside and presented the drawing to Twilight who’s eyes went wide enough to confirm my theory; the one responsible for this had been the triforce, so the Goddesses were involved in all this. It was going to suck.

-----

Thankfully the mayor’s office was open to everybody in the town so we both could get to his office quickly enough, and after showing him the drawing and Twilight’s dream, well, Mayor Wisdom sighed; for some reason the Mayor’s eyebrows always reminded me of an owl, random thought I guess.

“So it has come to this; if you have told me that Sunset or anyone else on the town I would have laughed and said that they have read too much, but that one of Princess Celestia’s retainer had the dream, someone connected in a way with the Royal Bloodline? That's another thing; also, those dark clouds forming over Canterlot also signal great danger, so a message from the Goddesses is not out of the question”

“I’m sorry for bringing you bad news Mayor” oh, wasn’t she such a perfect little Princess?

“Oh, don’t worry my dear, it is better to know and prepare than to not know and find ourselves with our backs against the wall, but to be sure of what is going on in Hyrule, Sunset, I want you and Miss Twilight here to check on Kakariko’s Cathedral” I think my face said it all when the major said that because before I was ready to jump over his desk and throttle his neck he raised one hand “You appeared in her dream and came specifically here to find you, that means you are connected to all of this Sunset, besides, the day Magnum found you outside of Kakariko's Cathedral he saw the triforce shining on the back of your hand, from that day we knew your destiny was bigger than simply working the rest of your life as a blacksmith” I finally let out a silent sigh and turned around to glare at a nervous Twilight, then I raised my blackboard for one last message.

‘If anything happens, I blame you’

PreviousChapters Next