• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
The Will of Fire 02/The White Queen

It was the kind of deja vu the Sandaime Hokage enjoyed, the good kind. Most of the time the old leader of the village was assaulted by memories of those that were no more on the world, not that it was that hard considering he was the oldest ninja still active in the Land of Fire. Most times he saw the two men before him that had the title of Hokage, sometimes it was the Fourth who assaulted his memory, especially every time someone talked about The Kid. If he heard one more complain about a villager about something they would say Naturo had done but it was a lie he would put the villager on jail for a month as an example.

There were bad parts of his job that he would go without, just like close minded civilians and ninjas like Danzo who only plotted to gain more power for himself. But there were good parts on his job just like watching his recently born grandson. It was things like that that made Sarutobi say thank you to whatever deity was observing him.

Another great thing was to see his young non-official pupil gain the power and wisdom to join the ranks of the ninjas that defended the secret village of Konoha. It had been quite the travel for the young redhead but it had been a risk that paid off at the end for Sarutobi. It was hard those two first years once Sunset established herself on the village. Everything was new and foreign to the redhead that Sarutobi feared for a couple of weeks that the redhead would throw everything aside and would try to leave the village. Thankfully nothing major happened and Sunset not only began to understand the world she was in -including all the difficulties that someone could have in her new world- but she all but thrived in it. The amount of information that Sunset absorbed every day was staggering. From history and the ninja wars that had ravaged countries but also physics and science were being eaten almost literally once -thankfully Sarutobi was there to stop Sunset from basically absorbing a scroll with her own magic- so there were a lot of raised eyebrows when it came to Sunset.

Sarutobi wanted nothing more than to take the girl and make her part of his family, sadly people like Danzo and the Uchiha clan made it impossible. The two of them looked at Sunset as a bigger power base for themselves and Sarutobi knew well what they would do with that kind of power in their hands. He had no option but to put Sunset under the ‘war orphan’ program and she had to live by herself; not that the redhead complained, she said that being by herself helped her relax in ways she couldn’t back home.

So with Sunset slowly getting bigger and more powerful Sarutobi decided that maybe it would be good for Sunset to gain some tools to protect herself. In reality Sarutobi wanted to see what would be the path Sunset she'll take and he was mostly correct. Sunset still had dark whispers on her mind; mind you, they were minor compared to others like with Orochimaru but that was another day. Apparently she was still waiting for the moment she could get enough power so she could rub in the face of her previous mentor. Sadly her plans were derailed by what could be considered a playful hyper puppy meeting the grumpy cat.

Inuzuka Hana was not exactly what Sarutobi had thought would be one factor that would cause the usually frowning redhead take a different path. Once Hana got close Sunset there was a slight change in Sunset’s demeanor that was clear to many people. She began to work harder in the academy and began to truly socialize beyond saying a hello with clenched teeth. Sunset began to think less about ‘revenge against the sun tyrant’ -whatever that might be- and instead tried to understand why ninjas were needed. It was a slow process but little by little Sunset got better; and now here she was, once again at his office waiting for something strange to happen. She was right now looking everywhere as if waiting for something to happen.

“What are you doing Sunset?”

“Nothing, it just feels… weird being here. Every time you call for me is usually because of something I did.” And usually it was true; the amount of times Sarutobi had the redhead on his office after an experiment that literally blew on her face, an apparent insubordination due to her speaking her mind or all the ‘public mayhem’ charges were staggering. That was one more point in which Sunset reminded the old man of Kushina.

Just the way their tempers erupted was epic and most ninjas were very careful these days in trying to get a rise out of the young ninja, considering how much leeway the young redhead had with the Hokage. For his part, Sarutobi loved Sunset as if she were his own granddaughter; the way she behaved and acted, the stories about her own dimension and the future that you could gleam on her recent success were proof that he had done well on his gamble.

“You shouldn’t look so proud after saying something like that Sunset.” Sarutobi knew it was useless to try and admonish her since she would simply act as if she didn’t hear him.

“So, what’s the occasion this time? Am I getting punished for something?”

“Is astounding how much trust you have in yourself.”

“I have trust that no matter what I do, the world will find a way to screw me over.” She said making Sarutobi roll his eyes at the potty mouth Sunset was slowly gaining.

“It is nothing like that; in fact, I believe it is something worthy of a celebration.” Sarutobi said with his usual smile before Sunset caught something that had been thrown at her. After a second of inspecting it, Sunset recognized the vest in her hands.

“Wait, are you serious? I am a chunin? How in the name of all rings of Tartarus you convinced the old fuckers into giving me the promotion?” Apparently Sunset had the same distaste as he had for the clan council and the elders. Danzo, Homura and Koharu were always looking over his shoulders and while he had great respect and love for his -very- old teammates, even he was growing weary of how much they were working with Danzo and his ambitions.

“I know, it surprised me too, but apparently you gained a lot of respect from different clans. The Hyuuga were vocal about your merits and with the help of the Uchiha and Inuzuka it was decided you would have the promotion. You should also know that Kumo was very impressed in your victory.”

“Of course they were; they probably think that once I get into a chunin and have no team they’ll be able to kill me.” Sunset had no lost love for hidden village of Kumo after the fiasco of the abduction attempt of the Hyuuga heiress. Sunset had been laughing while rolling on the floor once the guards found them. Apparently her pre-casting and ‘Cubic Stack’ ability had left the man from Kumo to believe he had been successful in kidnapping Hinata while in fact he was simply rooted to the floor, his mouth open and droll spilling from it.

The backlash from the fiasco was harder for Kumo, who at the end had to say they weren’t aware of the man’s plot and declared him a nukenin. No one in Konoha quite believed that and brought a lot of friction between the two villages. Thankfully Sunset’s machinations had avoided a bigger repercussion, sadly it meant that the Raikage would not doubt in taking Sunset’s life for that kind of humiliation.

Sarutobi watched how Sunset reacted to the chunin vest and smiled once he noticed how happy the young looking girl was. From the many talks that the two had he was aware that the redhead’s body was much younger on that side of the portal. Apparently she was already a young adult back home but she had been de-aged once she crossed the mirror on her side. It was a very useful weapon for Sunset due to people constantly seeing her as no threat, but her mind and wits, not to mention her own brand of ruthlessness quickly showed her assailants or enemies that at any moment they would be trapped in an endless Genjutsu, one that had layer upon layer of complexity.

She seemed so young but already she had gained her own nickname, ‘The Red Nightmare from Konoha’. It was so that Sarutobi knew she would find herself in bingo books across the elemental nations and grew worried. He wished to protect her but Sunset’s curiosity and mind had grown in such a way that brought a smile on his weary face.

Gone was the acerbic and power hungry young girl; instead, there was now a confident -if perhaps a little too much of that- young woman who had gained allies and friends. Sarutobi only wished to be able to see her grow up even more. He was also curious about her findings upon the abilities of the portal under the Will of Fire monument. Apparently it would activate in a couple of months; maybe Sarutobi could realize a little diplomatic mission on his own soon.

No matter, the redhead was walking on clouds as she used her new chunin vest on public for the first time. She had already got some congratulations from several civilians that knew her by sight. Many of them had been clients of Sunset after she and her team had done D and C rank missions around the village. It was a very weird feeling to be recognized and accepted among the populace, one that Sunset still didn’t know if she enjoyed or made her feel awkward.

Whatever Sunset may or may not have been thinking was crashed once she was a young boy being physically thrown out of a store. The boy had strange marks on his face similar to whiskers from a cat and Sunset had to blink several times since she had never seen someone with blonde hair beyond the Yamanaka.

It would be known across generations and even beyond the elemental nations, that this meeting was the one that truly defined the era of peace, or at least the beginning of it. This was the first time Uzumaki Naruto and Sunset Shimmer had met each other.

-----
(Meanwhile, several Naruto dimensions apart)
-----

The dimension of the shinobi world in which Sunset resided was not the only one. Other worlds of similar content and places had been born and destroyed. This was one of them, a world full of shinobi fighting for their own hidden villages and this was the end for one of them.

The village of Whirlpool, once a proud place full of history, was now sieged by a combination of both Iwa and Kumo and even though every citizen would help in its defense they all knew that the end was near. Families began to make arrangements to send members of their clans to other villages, maybe with luck they will thrive once again.

This was the day the Hidden Village of the Whirlpool would cease to exist. At least that was the original destiny, but as we all know there are Many Destinies around the multiverse. This time there was something more dangerous standing between the village and the would-be assailants, something that was even more dangerous than the combined force of Iwa and Kumo.

In a blink three more shinobi were pierced with the long spear of the white armored woman and their corpses felt on the floor, more to the long list of casualties the two nations had already received. No shinobi, no matter the rank or knowledge knew who the woman was, to what village she hailed from or what was her plan beyond protecting Whirlpool.

The woman smirked behind her half mask as the rest of her face was hidden behind the white cloak she used as more ninjas began to pour on the open plains in front of the village. She was here with only one thing in mind, and it wasn’t for any altruistic motive. She was here to test her new found abilities after gaining her body and armor. The search for Noche was exhausting and with no idea where to look for him she had decided to get more power. She needed to do that if she wanted to offer her help to Sunset, but for that she had to become faster, stronger, have the best abilities to help the one girl who was not chained down by destiny just like the other alicorns.

Celestia and Luna would always be the sun and moon while Cadence was never going to be a good opponent to Noche. Considering what the Umbrum did to the original Crystal Empress it was no surprise that the woman wanted to have nothing to do with that alicorn. Twilight, well, she was something else but sadly she will always be tied to the Elements of harmony and something else was needed to defeat Noche.

Quickly dodging several jutsus thrown at her she knew that there was still one technique that she had to test; one that a Sunset in another dimension will be able to use if everything went according to plan. She wanted to see Sunset’s face once she saw Jotaro using it.

“Sorry boys and girls, but sadly, this exercise is about to end.” She said in a condescending voice making every ninja get even angrier, if that was even possible. It seemed that all of them had the same idea, overpower her with sheer numbers, and just as they all ran or jumped in her direction she finally let go all the power she had been charging “ZA WARUDO!” and just like that the world rippled as every single shinobi stood just were they were. Even the ninja that had jumped were floating in the air.

No sound was present, no breeze moved the grass under her, and the world had stopped just like she planned. It had been worthy to copy the technique and now she had one more tool on her repertoire once Sunset needed her help. She still didn’t know which Sunset she would find first, maybe she would have to check on the Dark Souls preparations, that Sunset seemed like a good candidate.

The next morning, the defenders of Whirlpool found the plains outside of their village full of corpses and mutilated body parts. The blood would forever make the grass on that part grow red. Only a few soldiers had survived the ‘Massacre of the White Queen’ as it would be known; soon the Third Shinobi War came to an end after Iwa and Kumo’s forces were decimated. The name White Queen was ushered among both civilians and ninja alike, but this is a story for another time.

Author's Note:

Yeah.

You can see how much fun I had with this one.

PreviousChapters Next