• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,522 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,522

PreviousChapters Next
Burn My Dread 02 or Persona E

“I’ll be honest with you,” the redhead said to the small girl that she had summoned after taking a selfie of all things. Hel simply continued watching Sunset as if wondering what the redhead meant with what she had said “I have no idea of what I am supposed to be doing.” Even after all the fights she had been or how much she had read about battles and war, this was probably the first time she had found in middle of a battle. As Celestia’s student, Sunset was quite the spitfire but it was mostly with words and destroying things; she had even been part of a couple of physical fights but that had been with her pony body. As a human Sunset had never found herself fin a fight, not even after she had been beaten by Twilight. At the worst of the school’s hate for her nobody had raised a hand against her, first due to how much fear everyone had on her, and later on because her friends were always there to avoid any kind of retaliation.

In terms of how bad the situation Sunset found herself at this time, Sunset was lost amongst the halls of a huge mansion that had no real scale -since apparently the entrance was Canterlot High’s door-, alone without any of her friends with a monster that seemed like the torso of a monster floating in front of her, and she had no weapon or magic at hand to defend herself with. Looking at the floating torso of a human -if the human was completely gray and had no eyes- it was as if a nightmare gained life and that freaked Sunset out like nothing before. Even if she was from Equestria and she had seen some crazy shit, this was beyond anything she could even imagine.

“So, do you have any idea of how to take him down?” Sunset asked watching closely the way the monster floated in the air; its frozen-in-rictus face unmoving. Meanwhile the small girl known apparently as Hel simply nodded before pointing at the monster and then hitting the palm of her hand with a fist “Wait, you want me to beat him?” Hel nodded enthusiastically while Sunset felt less so than her Persona “are you nuts?” but before she could say anything more the monster then decided that enough was enough and tried to tackle Sunset, probably trying to finish the girl quickly. Before the monster could do any damage Hel pushed Sunset out of the way and, receiving the attack of the floating torso she was send through the air.

Sunset at that moment saw red. If there was one thing the redhead hated more than anything else was children being hurt. It was something she had found out while watching a movie once; the main character, a little girl, was slapped by the father and the redhead felt as if could grab that actor by its neck and wring every ounce of life out of it. Pulling her fist back she let go a battle cry and the knuckles impacted against the clammy and cold cheek of the monster. The impact was such that the creature began to fly backwards before crashing down, unmoving now beyond a small twitch here and there.

“Oh Celestia! Hel! Are you alright?!” Worried for the condition of her Persona, Sunset ran to where the small girl had been sent flying by the monster. In a second Hel quickly stood up with no apparent damage beyond a couple of hairs out of place. Looking at Sunset who had kneeled at He’s side, the little Persona simply raised a hand and gave up Sunset a thumbs up as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened “You are quite the resilient little girl.” Hel then pouted at not being taken seriously by her own summoner.

The blonde Persona then took off the small backpack she had on her, which Sunset didn’t even realize she had in the beginning. Opening it then she put her hand inside, and when she didn’t find what she was looking for then she searched even deeper placing almost her whole body inside the way too small backpack leaving Sunset once more shocked.

Hel seemed to have found what she was looking for and getting out from her backpack she then pulled out a long sword that was way too big to even fit into that backpack. She then presented the weapon to a still stunned Sunset. Shaking her head the redhead noticed the sword still in its scabbard and wondered why Hel had it with her. Pulling the sword from the scabbard Sunset noticed something etched in the blade and had think hard about the meaning of the symbols.

“Isn’t this Neighponese? No, wait, is Japanese on this side, it says Sengo… Muramasa? How in the name of Tartarus name you got this kind of sword?!” Hel simply avoided her summoner’s eyes clearly not wanting to say the truth… if she was even capable of talking. There was no time for a full interrogation as the monster reincorporated, even more important was the fact that he had brought friends with him as now three floating torsos were getting closer to Sunset “well, isn’t this just my luck?” Hel simply shrugged before also searching something inside her backpack; next second she had a white squeaky hammer with a cat’s face on both sides. It was at that moment that Sunset decided to simply let it go.

-----

Sunset removed the sweat from her forehead with the back of her head before putting the sword back on its scabbard. She felt winded and her muscles were complaining a little bit due to the exercise she was forced to do. Sunset was quite surprised about what she had done and how quickly it was possible to defeat the monsters.

Looking at the pile of monsters Sunset saw Hel with one foot on one of the monsters as she had her squeaky hammer up like some kind of legendary hero. It would have been really epic if it weren’t because Hel looked so completely adorable doing something like that.

“Okay, I still have no idea of what is going on but at least I’m not alone here. Hey Hel!” The little girl then ran to Sunset’s side and Sunset put a hand on top of her Persona slightly petting the girl for a work well done. The smile she got back for doing that was what you may call angelical, and Sunset was sure that if Fluttershy ever met the girl she would be engulfed in the biggest hug ever “Wanna help me find someone? I’m sure a girl from my school was kidnapped, do you think you can help me find her?” For all answer Hel nodded before running into a seemingly random direction. Sunset prayed that they could find Scootaloo and the rest of her friends. Whatever the outcome, she knew this would be quite the adventure.

Author's Note:

The name of the floating torso is Sisyphus, and Hel... well, she is from the Fool Arcana and has a penchant for collecting weapons (AKA she steals them all the time, the girl has a problem), hope you guys liked it.

PreviousChapters Next