• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,531 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,531

PreviousChapters Next
Wings of Liberty 01

Author's Note:

I've decided to hold onto the 'Hell' scene for next chapter and leave you the foundations of this dimension for now.

In the next episode:

Let's go! Rider Kick!

Wings of Liberty 01

Watching the humongous laser do its work against the massive doors build against the cliff wall wasn’t exactly the most interesting view for those around the digging site, but of course Sunset Shimmer have had to entertain herself with worst things, like the news network everything they talked about the empress, now THAT was boring and irritating at the same time.

So what was the pony turned human doing in the middle of a weird planet pulling a Daring Do on the ruins? Very simple, cold hard cash that she needed for much more important things like say, save the known galaxy from overgrown insects and also crazy megalomaniac and egotistical tyrants.

Taking that in consideration Sunset once more began to check the diagnosis in the monitor to see how long until the three doors would be melted knowing well that it was a slow process.

“Eh, Sugarcube” came the voice through their communicators making Sunset groan in annoyance, not with the heavy accented voice, but the news that it would deliver.

“Let me guess, there’s a wave coming”

“Eeyup, there’s just one small thing, there’s an archon with them” with that piece of news Sunset re-checked her rifle knowing very well the combat capabilities of that Protoss unit, she have seen it in action several times through her years in this dimension and they were not easy to fight, but before there could be any action there was only a big explosion and what seemed like a rain of confetti falling through the air “never mind, she took care of them” Applejack gave her report while Sunset simply put the rifle back on its place against the ledge.

With her eyes focusing on the monitor she heard several heavy steps getting closer to her before she saw the heavily modified marine armor of her friend; she turned around to look directly at the almost eagle-like eyes of her friend.

“Is it okay if I say your cannoneer scares me to death?” Gilda asked her pointing down to the weird neon pink siege tank currently stationed close to the drilling laser; if one paid close attention to it they could hear some kind of music coming from the inside.

“Believe me when I say this, Pinkie Pie can be the greatest siege and demolition expert in the team but we have reached a conclusion, whenever Pinkie does something just let her do it and run the other way before everything explodes” Sunset said laughing quietly at the antics of the pink haired woman.

“I’ll keep that in mind”

“Can I ask you a question in return Gilda?”

“Sure you can”

“Why are we here searching for a Protoss relic that is heavily guarded by a clearly fanatical cult?”

“Is like I told you, the guys that helped me are really into Protoss history and a supposed super weapon against the Zerg, but about the cult, well, I’m as confused as you are, I thought you were the Protoss expert in here”

“Not even close, the Protoss are like us, they are not a unified force, many factions were expelled centuries ago so these guys could be considered criminals for the Protoss of Aiur, that’s why I was asking, they are weird and they practically form a single line when it comes to dying for whatever is inside” Sunset complained aloud before the monitor began to blink quickly, the last door was close to being melted.

Sadly, and this was Sunset knew very well, there was always a final assault in this kind of mission and this was no exception.

“Sunset! Multiple targets are quickly approaching your location, and they have a Colossus with them!”

“Great, why not? It totally makes my day” Sunset adjusting her own custom marine armor, one that had been a gift from someone special a little time ago, it resembled the ghost armor but it was way thicker than it looked at first sight; she then put her modified rifle against the rail as support and with a quick pull of the trigger she saw the head of a Protoss explode, her bullet bypassed its force field as if it didn’t exist.

But then she saw a huge construct, the one called Colossus, and it deserved its name for it towered over everything Sunset and her team currently had at their disposition; she was about to type orders to the drilling laser before a huge barrage of missiles appeared out of nowhere hitting the Colossus directly and after a few seconds this one exploded; the rest of the ground forces from the Tal’darim were easy prey to Pinkie Pie’s ‘Party Cannons’

Breathing easily and with the third door finally down she watched the dozen of flying constructs de-cloak in midair and she knew exactly who had control over that force.

“Hey bacon head, heard you were having trouble with some lame guys and decided to drop by”

“Rainbow Dash! Where have you been? Fluttershy has been asking about you constantly” Sunset said responding to her communicator knowing exactly that rainbow’s confident smile was present on the other girl’s face.

“Sorry for leaving you for a while boss, I just had to get these babies ready, not only that but guess who also wanted to come?”

“It wasn’t exactly a tough choice newbie”

“Spitfire? What are you doing here?”

“I never liked the direction this whole empire thing was leading to, I’m loyal to the people of the confederacy, not to its ruler” said the voice of the veteran flier making Sunset smile at how angry it sounded when she mentioned Starlight.

“Well, glad to have you here, but we’re gonna need transport to get the artifact”

“Already on it Sugarcube” the dependable voice said and Sunset knew that the artifact would soon be aboard their ship; she still didn’t know what these things were supposed to do and trying to get that information from Gilda would be next to impossible considering she didn’t know either but if these stones were the key to save the galaxy then she was all for it.

“Soon Twilight, I’ll save you soon”

PreviousChapters Next