• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,534 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,534

PreviousChapters Next
Call me Beep me 04: Strong Style vs Cheerleader

“Are you really sure you wanna do this Cheerleader?” The voice of Sunset almost echoed in the spacious gym of Middleton High. The two popular redheads were not alone in the gym, but the other two people inside were more interested in cheering than fighting. Sunset was wearing a combination of tank top and sweat pants colored red and magenta while Kimberly was wearing her usual mission garb. The slightly shorter of the two redheads had a ferocious look on her face as she raised her hands to signal that she was ready for their spar session.

The frown was not only present due to the question form Sunset -it was one reason, just not the only one-, but due to the way the other teenager looked in her clothes. Kim tried hard not to look at herself and then at the generous curves that Sunset had. She felt almost like a child compared to the difference on physical properties, but she knew that life wasn’t fair. The other teenager seemed like a cross between a swimsuit model and a bodybuilder considering the defined arms and legs that she had, that added to the curves in every single important place was a small punch to Kim’s self-confidence.

Meanwhile, as Kim continued to think about how she was betrayed by the boob fairy, two very different students finally met each other. While one was a goofy yet slightly charming blonde Jewish boy, the other was a highly stylish, fast talking and number-one-fashionista-in-the-whole-school mocha girl that was known as Sunset’s best friend in Middleton High.

“So… I mean… ah,” If Ron had one weakness, beyond being shot with really hot green plasma bolts, was to be in the presence of beautiful girl like Monique. Yes, he wasn’t as pathetic with the other gender like other geeks in the school, but the sheer confidence that the long haired girl exuded was enough to make his tongue tie itself up.

“Is alright, I get that effect on many guys, I’m Monique, PTMY,” The girl said extending a hand on Ron’s way while this one seemed to come out of the trance he was and lightly shook her hand, still, his face showed how confused he was by what the beautiful girl had said.

“She said ‘pleased to meet you’; Monique, what did I told you about making those weird acronyms? Nobody understands you!” Sunset said clearly stopping the spar she had with Kim as she turned to look at the two people in the bleachers.

“Yes, but that also means nobody forgets me; let’s be honest Sunset, people remember you due to your attitude while Kim for being sweeter than sugar and always helpful,” The mocha girl said clearly used to talking with someone as acerbic and confrontational as Sunset.

“No, Cheerleader here has a Messiah Complex and a busybody, Tara is the one that is sweeter than sugar,” Sunset answered back making Kimberly go almost purple in rage at the way those two were talking about her, even though she admitted to herself that the second part was right; Tara was as sweet as her smile and no one -not even Sunset- could resent the blonde for something she had said, after all, Tara’s mind was a bubbly as her personality.

“Oh right, I almost forgot that. So, are you two going to hit each other until someone is knocked out or are you just checking each other out? Because if that’s what you are gonna do there is a Club Banana with a dress on its window that is calling my name,” Sunset simply mimicked a mouth talking as mocking the words of Monique. Ron and Rufus were quite shocked at the way Monique talked to the most dangerous student in the school. They had seen stronger people being send to the infirmary after pushing Sunset’s buttons in the wrong way; now there was a girl who not only pushed Sunset, but who joked with her. Definitely this was not a normal day.

Meanwhile, once Sunset finished her banter with Monique, she turned around to watch Kimberly in the eyes noticing the way these burned and how the smaller redhead was shaking as if she was containing herself. Sunset smirked knowing that everything was coming according to the plan. She knew it was a little dirty to plan ahead with Monique, but after talking with Kim several times she knew how to make Kim lose her patience and once that happened, she would start making mistakes, she just needed to wait for the right moment.

“Don’t worry Monique, I’ll finish this one in a minute and then we will go together,” Oh, it was so worthy to see the way Kim began to grind her teeth. She knew that it was a dangerous game, but one that could bring glory and victory right into her hands.

They each got into their own stands, Kim a very non-descript form that showed no particular school while Sunset put her arms up slightly separated while her left leg was in front slightly raised like in classic Muay Thai. At the side of the gym, Rufus had a little hammer on his hands and hit a fighting bell also on the table. It was an afterthought that Rufus was happy they planned, it made the extremely intelligent naked mole rat happy to play, like one of those people that worked in box and wrestling.

Once the sound of the bell began both redheads shot like bullets at each other to start the match, but as the two got closer to each other there was something different in the way Kim’s opponent reacted. She was used to fighting people that either blocked or tried to avoid her hits; instead, Sunset ducked under Kim’s right fist letting it pass over her head. This was something different too as Sunset twirled around in less than a second until she was behind Kim. Holding her by the waist Sunset used her momentum to pull back Kim until she saw the ceiling and then darkness for a moment.

Sunset never fought like the other enemies she had nor like anyone on the multiple dojos she had studied on. Instead of being face to face and do the now familiar dance of hits and strikes, fighting Sunset was like fighting a wild beast, full of holds, throws and knee strikes that came out of nowhere. Now, this time she had been sent through the air by what Ron had once called a German suplex and even though she had mocked the movement as impractical, here she was being the victim of a thunderous version that left her seeing stars for a couple of seconds. That seemed to be all the time Sunset needed because she felt herself being pinned by the taller redhead and both Monique and Ron began to count.

“1, 2, 3!” and by the last number Rufus rang the bell signaling the end of the match. Kim wanted to fight that decision but she was still seeing little stars traveling through her vision. Half an hour later she was still pouting as the rest of their strange group were laughing and enjoying the Bueno Nacho meals that were paid by Kim since she lost the spar. Inside she was slightly happy, seeing how their usual booth was now packed with new friends.

PreviousChapters Next