• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
88 Miles per Hour 02

“Oh yes, yes indeed” The man said with rather childish grin full of glee and excitement that Sunset had seen many times before things went wrong. Sunset was so used to seeing it that she practically flinched at what could happen with the crazy antics of the supposedly ‘Adult’ of the duo.

“Why is that a DeLorean?”

“Because I found it on a sale at an auction at the next town” Doctor said somehow really proud of that. No wonder since the man was crazy about auctions and Flea Markets, a love that he shared with his two daughters.

“Of course, why not? But seriously, what the hell did you do with this thing? Attach rockets to it?” Sunset was feeling the dread already creeping on her and had to remember to remain calm, the Doc was excited for the two of them.

“No, well, I had half a mind to turn the car into a spaceship; I always wanted to visit the moon. For some reason some times I have a dream of me being barefoot in the moon. But no, what you see in front of you Sunset Shimmer is a Time Machine!”

“Wait, hold on. You made a time machine out of a DeLorean?!”

“Well, I thought to myself, why build a simple time machine like in those silly Telly programs? All square and what not, let’s travel in style!” The man said checking something in a monitor as Sunset began to feel the beginning of a headache due to the sheer ridiculousness of the situation. She didn’t doubt the physics teacher claim that he had built a time machine since she knew he was a genius in quantum and basically every area of physics. But it was the way he acted daily that simply tired Sunset more than it should, no wonder Derpy was as strange with a father like him.

“So, how do you plan to use this? I mean, no offense but you don’t even know how to drive stick!” for all answer the man then showed her a console control as if it answered everything and it kind of did “Remote control?”

“Well, it was that or nothing, now, let me show how this thing works” he said opening one door of the machine while Sunset continued recording “see that thing on the back?” The Doctor asked pointing at a peculiar part that was right now lighted. It was a bizarre Y made out of plastic and encased on a metal and bullet proof glass that was feeding energy onto the rest of the machines plugged onto the car apparently.

“I have never seen something like this in your laboratory Doc” Sunset said surprised and even amazed at the ingenuity that the scatterbrained man showed from time to time.

“Well, it was a side project. I guess with the date getting closer I found myself working on anything related with time” Time Turner said with Sunset quickly understanding what the man was thinking about. In a couple of weeks it would be the day when his wife passed away due to a brain tumor. Sunset didn’t have the whole story but apparently the tumor was impossible to remove.

“I’m sorry Doc”

“Is alright, some days are worse than others but I still have you all” he said ruffling Sunset’s hair showing once again his usual grin signaling that there would be no sadness this time “now, let me show you how it works” he said showing Sunset the different dials and monitors at the side of the steering wheel “see this line? It says the time in which you currently are, next line says the time you came from and the last one says what your destination is” Time Turner pointed each column to Sunset showing all the current date.

“Gotta say, all of this look really incredible” Sunset said with a lot of respect on her voice. She knew the man could do amazing things when he wanted and this was the greatest so far.

“Thank you, so, what do you say? Want to see it in action?” He said while pointing at the clock inside the car “see how my clock and this one are synchronized?” He said pointing at both digital clocks, one on his hand and the other on the car “if everything goes right then we will see a change on this experiment” Time Turner said as he changed the last column to several minutes in the future.

The two moved back as the doctor remote controlled the car to a line he had apparently painted on the empty parking lot, then with a switch the car began to gain speed until lines of energy began to travel around the car and in one blink there was nothing but a twin trail of fire across the lot as Sunset stood there with her jaw basically on the floor and a cheering Time Turner began to jump in jubilation at what had occurred to the car.

“I can’t believe it… you did Doc! You build a real Time Traveling Machine!” Both student and teacher hugged each other as a couple of seconds later the car reappeared as if nothing had happened. Time Turned opened the door and Sunset focused her cell’s camera on the watch. One minute behind the one the doctor had on his hands.

“See? Exactly one minute, the car disappeared in front of us and then reappeared one minute later as it opened a gate across time and space into this precise moment” Time Turner said finally calming down from his euphoria after his success.

“So, what makes it possible? Because I don’t have a clue to how it can open a time vortex like that”

“It is funny you know, I think I have always known about the flux capacitor. That’s what makes it possible to travel through time and space by the way. I remember having dreams about it, as if it were a jigsaw that was being solved piece by piece by every experiment I did, you know what I mean?”

“Yeah, I think I do, so now what?”

“I’m not sure… do you fancy a trip?” he said while adjusting the destination in the console, the date apparently was thirty years in the past.

“Why that date?”

“Yeah… that was the day my wife’s family moved to Canterlot, mind you I wasn’t here yet, I arrived almost ten years later but I always thought… what if I had met her before and helped with her sickness back then? Bah, listen to me talking like an old man with past regrets. Let’s choose something else, how about the day when the Declaration of Independence was signed?” But before the Doctor could change the date there was something weird happening not too far away from them “how about that, seems we are not the only ones that wanted to use the parking lot, I wonder why?” and just as Time Turner said that a man came out of a non-descript black van alongside a young woman that Sunset recognized instantly.

She had never met her, or at least the pony version of the woman and it simply shocked her. It was none other than the human version of Starlight Glimmer.

“Good night Doctor Turner, is so nice of you to finish a project like this, now if you don’t mind we will take it out of your hands” she said with a sadistic tone that made both scientist frown. Of course, Starlight and time travel seemed so fitting for some reason. Twilight’s student seemed as crazy as before being taken under the Princess’ wing and Sunset could only push the man she saw as family into the open DeLorean as the man beside Starlight began to shoot.

Sunset simply put her foot on the pedal making the wheels on the parking lot spin and gain speed. Behind them the van began to follow them as the man continued to shoot from an automatic rifle. Sunset was not the greatest car driver but at least she could shift gears and gain some distance from the thieves although Sunset was sure there was something deeper than just mere thieves. As both Doctor and student gained more and more speed the clear signals of the time travel apparatus on the car activated and in a second they disappeared into the past.

Author's Note:

I'll be sincere, I thought I wouldn't be able to write this day, but seems like I can even surprise myself.

PreviousChapters Next