• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,524 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,524

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria Girls und Panzer 03

Sunset Shimmer looked at the metallic monster left forgotten inside the hangar as one looks at a painting or another member of the ‘modern art’ genre; with the same kind of ‘what the hell?’ look. Well, it wasn’t that extreme since Sunset knew what the very-much-left-to-its-own-luck thing was. It was a tank, hurray for knowing that. Sarcasm aside, Sunset Shimmer wasn’t looking at the tank with lost or amateur eyes like many others that didn’t know about tanks or history in general; she was an expert in almost everything related to them, from the construction day, armament and most importantly, how to drive and fire with one.

It was not the lack of knowledge that made her keep on looking at the M3A1 left behind by everyone, but her eyes were looking beyond the steel and wood of the hangar. She was looking at the past and the sheer irony of what had happened not too many minutes ago.

She felt like laughing, not because it was terribly hilarious, but mostly because the way in which life decided to send her very well thought plans up into smoke and then laugh in her face for good measure. It was so simple, really, leave her previous school and run as fast and far away as she could from the world of tanks and into a peaceful, normal life with not even one vehicle with treads and turret around her for miles.

Sunset’s idea worked in the last few days she had been at Canterlot High, she even had fun which was not something that people or ponies that knew of Sunset in the past will believe, but it was true. Sure, she wasn’t the popular kid in the bunch, but she preferred to be a little far away from the limelight this time, it would help her stress problems.

What a joke, because now she didn’t feel pressure, she felt dread building up in her body due to what could happen at her tenure in Canterlot High, but was it so bad? Many would think that being scouted for one club must be good, especially because you are the only chance the school has of tasting glory, but for Sunset this didn’t feel like an opportunity, it just felt like the first nail in the coffin of her peaceful dreams. Now, instead of dreaming, Sunset had been woken into the reality of Sensha-do due to the noise of turrets firing.

“I hate my life,” she said looking at the rusted carcass of what once was a proud tank, well, it probably wasn’t that proud since it was only a bunch of rivets and metal planks; it wasn’t even that amazing to begin with considering the way the old Stuart or also Honey was never that amazing of a tank considering it was made to be land-leased back at the start of the war; even by the standard of the times it was woefully bad for any kind of Sensha-do battle. No wonder the past Sensha-do club couldn’t get rid of it because it was a piece of junk; even if it had been on perfect conditions there was very little usage the tank had beyond its speed and the small size for hiding.

Sunset had never seen a team use the M3 and its variants on any kind tournament, cup or even friendly matches and the reason was that they had better tanks for recon and hit and run tactics so what was she supposed to do with that tank? Maybe pray for a better tank to be hidden inside the garage, but she was too jaded to think about praying, because there is no way that Sunset will have that kind of good luck.

Sighing once more Sunset decided to stop her whining and start looking at the tank now that she had been convinced to join the re-starting Sensha-do club alongside her friends. She may not be 100% behind the idea of tankery now, but that didn’t mean she won’t do everything on her power to make this work.

First and foremost, the treads would have to be completely replaced considering how damaged they were; the right side was now just fragments only and the left was hanging by the threads. Sunset winced at the mental pun; seems that her mind was working in mysterious ways now.

The paint was chipped and several points across the hull one could see the marks of where tank rounds had directly hit the tank. It seemed to have been hit on several points so it was either all of them at the end of the club or they didn’t have enough money and resources to completely repair it during the last days of the club. Whatever the case may be, the poor Honey seemed in a bad shape and that was only the exterior. Sunset didn’t even want to think about how the whole thing was on the inside.

“Do you think it is possible to repair it?” The dulcet voice of Fluttershy made Sunset turn form her inspection with a pained look on her face; it was more than enough sign to know things weren’t as good as Rainbow may have thought “I’ll take that as a no then.”

“I still have no idea how this thing will be capable of moving again, not that it will be useful on Sensha-do; this thing will fall apart the second it stands in front of a Panzer IV,” it was not a good image.

“Oh my, well, maybe we will find someone to use it as our recon tank?”

“And who will be crazy enough to get behind Rainbow’s idea of restoring the Sensha-do club? Sure, we are five, but’s barely enough people for one tank, or this Honey and a Carro Veloce… I don’t know which is worst,” looking at the exaggerated grieving look on Sunset’s face, the sweet girl could only chuckle.

“Don’t be like that, just have some faith that things will turn out alright.”

“In my life, I have quickly learned that when things get bad, it can only get worst from that point, so no thank you. I mean, I get it; you want me to get over that stupid accident back when, but I don’t know if this is the correct way. Just look around, there is nothing to salvage here that it is worthy! It is a better idea to let these ghosts rest instead of going ahead with Rainbow’s plan.”

“You don’t believe that; I know you Sunset and I know that you will never back off from a challenge like this.”

“Maybe, but all this stills feels wrong somehow not to mention that I feel basically bullied into joining a non-existent club. I don’t want things to be like before the Blue Medal Cup.” Looking at Sunset and the way her face was now showing true grief, Fluttershy took the redhead’s hands.

“Sunset, look at me… I don’t blame you or hold any grudge against you for what happened back then, so is okay, you can do this.”

“But why do you want me so much to be part of this? Do you want me to bring honor back to CH or whatever else Rainbow was spouting?”

“I don’t care about school pride or things like that, I just want you happy. When you took command of a tank, there was a spark on your eyes and I want to see it again.”

“Even if you have to be in the tank with me as it starts rocking and shaking?” Sunset’s smirk made Fluttershy gulp as she became paler due to the mental image of having to be in such circumstances. Knowing that they will have to work hard on that certain aspect of Fluttershy, Sunset simply looked at the abandoned M3 and instead of dread, she felt a little bit hopeful.

Author's Note:

I'M BACK!

PreviousChapters Next