• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,504 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,504

PreviousChapters Next
All Aboard this Love Boat 02

Every one of the seven girls that had found their summer attires exchanged by a wave of magic stood on the deck looking at each other, not exactly knowing what to do in their current situation. They thought themselves somewhat experts on magical hijinks considering their lives, but never before they had found themselves in something like this. It wasn’t even their fault for Pete’s sake.

“Okay, so, what do we do now?” The blonde girl asked watching that her uniform was slightly different than the rest of her friends. Instead of the blue jacket that Twilight and Sunset were wearing she had a red one with a name tag with her name on it. It was a 10 on their freaky-o-meter; the term was of course coined by one Pinkamina Diane Pie not too long ago. All the girls had the same question on their heads but it was Applejack the one who spoke first.

“I’m not quite sure my dear, but to say that we are in a predicament is putting it mildly. We were just supposed to be passengers ready to relax and be pampered not to turn in the crew of a luxurious cruise… I wonder if we do get our own private rooms.”

“Rarity, focus please.” Sunset simply said adjusting the hat on top of her head without even realizing she was doing that.

“Sorry Captain.” The fashionista said looking visibly chagrined, the next second every girl was shocked at what had just happened.

“Did you just… call bacon hair here Captain?”

“I-I don’t know Rainbow, it just came naturally; so does that mean we intuitively know how to do our jobs?”

“That is a very good question in fact… Twilight, what’s that?” Sunset asked pointing something that their friend had in her hands; it was a clipboard holding several papers on it. After being addressed Twilight put her best smile on.

“Well, apparently, I am the Cruise Director and Sunset is the Captain.” The girl said adjusting her glasses showing her friends the list of names in her hands.

“What’s a Cruise Director?” Pinkie asked searching for her name to see what she did; hopefully, she thought, she could be the navigator or the pilot. In my defense, I will never put Pinkie Pie in charge of something like a full ship.

“She is basically the one responsible of onboard hospitality and entertainment. So you get to organize thing in a big way considering the size of this ship; it is probably more of a vacation now for you.” Sunset said watching how Twilight’s smile was now more sincere as the usual splotches of blush appeared on her cheeks.

“Geez, so the egghead is an organizer and Sunset is the Captain, aren’t I supposed to be the leader?” Rainbow asked as a joke not really worried about positions; she had learned her lessons after the Sirens attacked. Around her the other girls groaned or laughed at the way Rainbow’s joke let the tension go away. Then the next second they heard a loud splash as if people had fallen into the pool -and yes, the cruise had an open air pool- and the whole crew got ready to act in case something had happened.

What they found at the pool was a soaked princess and a boy they all knew wearing shorts and shirt that was also wet form head to toes.

“Flash? Twilight?”

“Sunset?” Both teenagers asked back once everyone saw each other. A couple of seconds later -with Twilight having several towels to try and dry herself-, everyone was sitting around a big table, everyone wondering what was going on.

“Twilight, what are you doing here? I mean, how did you get in here?”

“I don’t know, I tried to use the portal so I could help with the exchange wave, next thing I know I am in the ship and I bumped into Flash.” At the last words, Sunset had to contain her groan at what was now a gag between Flash and Twilight… either one.

“Can’t you, you know, meet in another way? It is almost cliché at this point.”

“Is not as if I planned it every time.” The poor confused boy said trying to defend himself but knew it was a losing battle with Sunset.

“Anyway, what are you doing on this cruise Flash? I mean, is not a place I would imagine meeting you.” Rainbow asked while the rest of the girls got curious about it too.

“Well, Mom and Dad wanted to have a vacation and with Dad getting the raise he was hoping for he decided on something special this time.”

“Wait, your parents are here? Oh boy, that will be awkward.”

“Don’t be like that, they still ask about you and wonder if you would visit.”

“Like I said, awkward.”

“I do have a question; what’s with the uniforms? Are you some kind of junior officers or something?”

“If only it were that simple; apparently something happened in Equestria and we got turned into the cruise’s crew.” Sunset said pointing with one finger at the Princess who was drying her long hair.

“Oh, right, that’s what I wanted to tell you. I’m not quite sure how long it will take for the effects of the wave to pass, but once it does you will return to your normal lives.”

“Well, as normal as we can; for the moment we have a ship to run and we all need to go back to our jobs.” Sunset said standing up and looking at the rest of ‘her’ crew. She was really getting into her role as captain, although she got used to taking control of a situation after all their experiences. “Sparky, do we have any vacant rooms?” The redhead asked to the Twilight with glasses who immediately began to check on her notes.

“We DO have an empty room, it was booked but the passengers cancelled at the last hour apparently.” Quickly turning to the rest of the girls, Sunset then began to give instructions for the others.

“Fluttershy, please take Twilight to the room that Sparky will tell you and if you can, try to see if you can get clothes for her to change into.”

“Why does she have to do it?”

“Because she is a Cabin Stewardess.”

“Oh thank goodness, I don’t know what I would do as something else.” Fluttershy said sighing in relief that her job was a simple one with almost no pressure, unlike Sunset who would clearly be a knot of tension by next morning being the captain.

“Rarity, you are needed in the Infirmary.”

“Oh, I’m the doctor of the ship; let’s hope there is nothing serious because I’m sure that sewing a person is very different than sewing a dress.”

“Let’s hope so; Applejack, you need to go to the bar since you are the main bartender while Pinkie is the cook.”

“Perfectomundo!”

“What in tarnation? I’m pretty sure I’m not even supposed to get close to alcohol as a minor.”

“Just, please, do it.”

“Alright, but I don’t know how this will go.”

“I know. I had a bad feeling about all this since this morning.”

“What about me?”

“Rainbow, you are… oh you gotta be kidding me. Sparky, are you sure?”

“Is what it says, is not my fault.”

“So?”

“Apparently, you are the Yeoman Purser; you are basically in charge of the passenger’s valuables.”

“That sucks.” The girl said before the rest of the crew went their own ways knowing that they will have to do their best to get on with their new jobs and the craziness that will come with that.

“So, Twilight, I’ll… see you around then?” Flash, who at that point was still shocked at the girls’ new responsibilities finally recovered enough to talk with the Princess.

“Yeah, I’ll… well, we can talk later?”

“What’s with them?” The Twilight with glasses continued watching the two lovebirds awkwardly trying to talk as they were guided by Fluttershy. Sunset meanwhile just took a look at them before sighing.

“They are trying to find out if their relationship -or whatever the hell they have- is intact or should they simply break up; I do hope that is the most important thing we will have on this trip; or at least until we get back to our own lives.” Sunset said before a man wearing a suit not quite made for the cruise got close to her.

“Captain, I am Svengallop, I hope you still remember the list of things that have to be delivered to my client’s room this afternoon, not to mention to clean the deck so we can start shooting her new music video.” He said with a voice so pompous that Sunset wanted to grab him and throw him overboard.

“I just had to open my mouth, right?”

Author's Note:

So, 2 of the 3 plot lines are revealed, what do you gys wil be the third storyline in the ship?

PreviousChapters Next