• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,534 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,534

PreviousChapters Next
Ship Girl Collection 03

Sunset Shimmer was not a woman that put a lot of attention to fashion, unlike her good friend Rarity. Once more she wished that she and the rest of the group had been rescued from the Abyssal Ship attack. The redhead was happy with the clothes she had gathered since she decided to reside permanently in the human dimension. She had left behind the dark colors that symbolized her days as a bully and instead began to use much cooler clothes -no pun intended- in the form of winter colors in the words of Rarity. She had vague knowledge of what she meant by winter; mainly colors that symbolize that season, like whites, blues and light greens. In the end, Sunset got a new set of clothes that truly symbolized her change of heart. Now, looking at herself on the full body mirror, Sunset realized that truly, clothes does maketh the woman, well, at least in this case.

The high collared white navy jacket made her feel slightly claustrophobic due to the way it encircled her neck. She was used to open jackets and low cut shirts and blouses; another thing that Sunset had become used to were skirts. There were very few times in which Sunset didn’t show up some leg and the fact that her new uniform came with a pair of white pressed pants was quite the change for the teenage girl.

There was no way Sunset could reject the gifted uniform, considering the smiles and hopeful looks in the five young ship girls when they showed her their discovery. Also, Sunset wasn’t stupid; this was a navy base, maybe not under direct chain of command with the Japanese government, but they were using it, so that meant that they were something like an army. With that in mind, Sunset realized that from here until the end of the war, the same rules as in the military will have to be respected at least that’s what Sunset had understood after talking with Ooyodo and the rest of the older ship girls.

“Ah swear, mah family is gonna kill me if they see me,” the heavily accented voice of her friend made Sunset stop looking at the mirror and watch how her friend was dealing with their current situation. She had to admit, Applejack really did look good in the skirt uniform of the base; she also wondered why she was given the pants version of it.

“And why would they?”

“Sunset, mah family has been in the States’ navy fer generations, how do ya think they’ll react when they see me wearing the damn sakura?” Applejack then pointed at the navy hat on top of their heads and the symbol that was present on it. It was an anchor with a sakura flower on top of it “grandpa is probably rolling around in his tomb, if he didn’t just jump out of it and is searching me to throttle mah neck,” even though Sunset knew her friend was more or less joking, she knew how bizarre the whole situation really was.

“Maybe we’ll take our time in telling them that, don’t you think?”

“Ah’m all for it Sunset.”

“I don’t know why you are complaining so much, both of you look great in your new uniform,” the ever smiling Akashi said while the much more composed Ooyodo simply facepalmed at the words of her coworker.

“How would ya feel if ya were ordered to use an American uniform?” after a second of thinking Akashi simply winced at the mental image “Ah guess Ah’m just bellyaching, but is the principle Ah suppose.”

“Whatever the case may be, we still have things to discuss, although I’ll take the XO’s words in consideration, maybe we will be able to get our hands on an American uniform for her.”

“Nah, is alright, Ah’ll get used to this; besides, we have more important things to do.” Applejack quickly explained to the bespectacled ship girl Ooyodo.

“Indeed we do, Erai-san gave me her report on the hangar situation alongside our resources.”

“Erai-san?”

“The boss fairy,” quickly answered Sunset to the questioning AJ.

“They have names?”

“Not all of them, but she was in charge of the fairy division so she decided on a name,” without losing a beat, obviously showing how used Ooyodo was to the strange things happening around the base. She then gave Sunset her full report with numbers and what needed to be done still to get the base in optimal conditions.

“So what’s our status then?”

“We are finally ready to start producing new weapons and equipment for our ships, also, Erai-san says that they have found a way to call upon more rigging sets.”

“Wait, then it means we will be able to get more ship girls?”

“Yes admiral, but Erai-san says that it is a resource costly method.”

“Well, it is still good news, so far we only have five battle ship girls.”

“I’m sorry to say that it is true; even though Akashi and I are ship girls, we do not own a set of rigging that is capable of fighting.”

“Not that Ooyodo and I were ships made for fighting, we are currently better used in development and organization,” the pink haired woman shrugged, although she was quite happy with her role in development.

“Is alright, maybe we will be able to find more ship girls later on. Anyways, can you give me the details on the ship girls that we already have?”

“Yes Admiral; so far our fleet consists of five Destroyer-class ships: Fubuki, Inazuma, Murakumo, Sazanami and Samidare.”

“Anything you can tell me about them AJ?”

“Not much, Ah mean, Ah mostly read about the big battleships, but Ah know that Inazuma saved a bunch of American soldiers back when and that Fubuki is some kind of old prototype; beyond that? Ah don’t know.”

“What’s with the Destroyer type thing? Is there a difference among ships? I’m kind of new with the whole thing.”

“Is okay Admiral; Destroyer is the smallest type of ships that were fitted for battle. In terms of size and firepower, it goes from Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship; although some ships could be called Super Dreadnoughts due to the size of their armament and also their armor.”

“So that means we have only the runts of the litter.”

“Sorry to say that it is correct Admiral and even considering other ship types like submarine and carriers, Destroyers are the smallest and weakest of the navy. The only difference is that they capable of unleashing torpedoes on the enemy.”

“Well, still not good enough to think about a mass attack or any kind of long term operation. Hey, AJ, what do you think about giving Erai-san a visit?”

“So, you also wanna see this whole summoning thingamajig? Let’s see if we can get something like a Battleship!”

“Geez, I think you are even more excited about that than me about this whole ship girl thing!”

Author's Note:

I think that AJ looks better with the female version of the uniform and considering Sunset is the only one wearing pants (we ar enever sure if she wears thights or jeans in the movies) I decided to give them their uniforms.
Also, you can make bets on which will be Sunset's first encounter thanks to RNG-sama (RNG basically means Random number God due to the lottery in creating ships)

PreviousChapters Next