• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,531 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,531

PreviousChapters Next
The Devil of Canterlot High 02

Rarity loved Sunset just like she loved Sweetie Belle. They both sometimes made her want to pull her hair with their antics –not that she would ever do that to her precious hair- but at the end of the day she couldn’t imagine a world without them. So you could imagine how scared she was the day when she got a call by a hysterical Fluttershy. Rainbow would have been green with envy by the speed in which she arrived to the General Hospital.

Every time she saw the scars around Sunset’s eyes her heart broke in two and it wasn’t because she was horrified or scared of them. Rarity knew the pain of losing sight, and even though her situation had been different –a flash and an explosion from something Sweetie and her friends had build once- and that she had recovered after a week, she knew the struggle and how void the world seemed. Now Sunset would never be able to escape that darkness and all because she was a hero.

Her friends tried to do what they could to help Sunset around and Rarity also pitched with several anwers to problems the redhead had on her daily activities just like helping her coordinate new clothes or getting her now trademark red sunglasses, but she still felt that her contributions were minimal compared what Rainbow or Fluttershy did daily. She knew it wasn’t a competition but she wondered if maybe there was something she could do to help their friend, and now that she had the chance she felt that maybe she was way over her head.

“You want to infiltrate the company!?” Rarity all but screamed when she heard Sunset’s plan alongside Twilight. The bespectacled girl at her side had her hair on a very charming high-ponytail and was deep in thought after hearing Sunset’s plan.

“Look, the authorities are not going to do anything against that guy. Sure, he wasn’t the guy that almost killed Fluttershy but it was his decisions and orders that left me like this and Sun knows how many others could have suffered from something like that.” The redhead said articulating wildly as she practiced some kind of kata that looked extremely difficult but Sunset moved so fluently from move to move that it was mesmerizing.

“So what do you plan to do? Find the guy that did it and punish him?”

“Oh goodness no!” Sunset answered stopping her exercise giving her completely attention to Rarity. If it weren’t because she knew that her eyes didn’t work Rarity would have swear that Sunset could see. The redhead had explained that since the accident she was capable of seeing the world in a different way, almost as if the entire world had no walls. If what Rarity understood it even let her feel things on the air and their trajectories, something that allowed her to calculate the exact pattern she should take to avoid everything around her. It was mind blowing “I want to find information, like why did that guy wanted to transport those containers in a city? Why did he even have those wastes? Is there something bigger on this? Damn it Rarity, the least I could do is find this guy and make sure he would not place anyone in danger again!”

“My dear, what you plan to do is not only against the law but also way too dangerous, you are not a comic superhero.”

“I don’t plan to be, but if that’s what is needed then yes, I suppose I will have to become one, I already have the powers it seem.” Sunset said drying the sweat on her face while Rarity took a look at the spacious basement turned into a weird mixture of training center and working space full of wires and computers. Apparently this was the place Sunset used to create her apps and gadgets.

“And how do you plan to do that then?”

“That’s why she called us.” The so far silent girl turned to look at Rarity and the fashionista was surprised and confused at Twilight’s words “I… may not be as good as you when it comes to reading other people Rarity, but I’m sure that Sunset plans to do the infiltration even if we don’t want her to.”

“Got it in one Sparky… look girls, I may be stronger and faster that I used to be thanks to whatever these chemicals did in conjunction with my inherent magic, but I know I cannot do this alone. I need your help guys.”

“And why us per say? Wouldn’t Rainbow or Applejack be more into this ‘vigilante’ thing?”

“I cannot call them Rarity; you are the only ones that could help with what I’m planning to do. Rainbow would want to be a part of it and would even try to infiltrate the company with me, but sadly, I don’t think stealth is one of her abilities. Applejack would not be able to help me in the ways that I need, besides, her own honesty would backfire on us. I need you two because you are the only ones that can help me this time.” Sunset said with so much raw feeling in those words that Rarity understood what Sunset was thinking. This would be dangerous and she could put all three in peril, but she also knew that whatever she was planning was worth the risk, but she couldn’t do it alone.

“Fine, tell us then the rest of your reasons.”

“I need your eye to details Rarity, because, well, let’s be frank.” Sunset said waving a hand in front of her face understanding immediately how much Sunset needed their eyes now that hers didn’t work “I need someone that can not only see, but that could pick up small details and things out of place and there is no one I know that is better at that than you Rarity.”

“Well, that does make sense I suppose.” The fashionista said primping a little at the words of Sunset.

“Sparky, what I’m going to do will require a lot of law breaking. I need to enter a highly secured building full of locked doors and cameras and if I have any chance to do that I need someone at my back that could not only help me deactivate them but make sure that there is no clues left behind, do you think you can help me with that?”

“I… I haven’t been with you girls for long… but I cannot forgive that monster for what he did! I’ll be with you to the end Sunset” the usually nervous girl said with so much aplomb and determination that made Sunset smile in response.

“Well, seems that we are all in the middle of something that could very well send us several years to prison. Always knew you were quite the daredevil Sunset.”

“…what did you said?”

“That you were always a daredevil? I mean, how else would you have enjoyed motorcycles so much even though you cannot see the dangers coming… why are you smiling in that fashion Sunset? You make me quite nervous.”

“Oh, nothing Rarity, you just gave me an idea.”

Author's Note:

I think you already see the differences between both Daredevils (Sunset and Marvel). Matt is someone that believes in justice and the right thing while Sunset is much more cynic in a way and is on this because she wants justice for Fluttershy and herself.

Matt is also someone without many resources and who truly feels law to be his calling. Sunset in the other half is a tech genius, capable of creating a computer basically from nothing and do impresive applications (that's where she gets her money on the books) so of course she is going to use more gadgets than the Marvel DD, not to mention that she has Twilight at her side who is also a tech genius.

Between these two I think the batcave will look like an old full room computer compared to whatever they could create.

PreviousChapters Next