• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
Call me Beep me 03: Memories and Future

Usually, Kimberly was known as a ball of cheerfulness, a machine that never ceased to be charming, well behaved and the perfect girl-next-door, all around Miss American Pie. Right now Kim felt everything except cheer; not even warm flavor of the nachos in front of her could cheer her up. Many didn’t know about the fact that, even though Bueno Nacho was her friend’s favorite place -change that into obsession-, Kim had been into the restaurant so many times throughout her life that by now it had become her comfort food. Just the mere logo brought a sense of calmness, of relaxation that she attributed to the many days and nights she had spent joking and talking with her best friend.

Kimberly may be the most popular kid in Middleton High, but when it came to friends she have only ever had one that she could go to everyday, sadly that day was not one she could spend with Ron, not that he wasn’t available. The redhead knew that she could call Ron at any moment and he would appear with his goofy smile ready to destroy the dark cloud on top of her.

Fighting back a sigh, Kim wasn’t even sure what was going on with her; all day she been feeling down, almost listless, it was so bad that it even her father had noticed something happening and asked her about it. The truth was that he first asked if she was like that because of a boy, which made Kim roll her eyes at the one track mind of her father.

It was at times like these when Kimberly understood how truly alone she was; yes, she was head cheerleader of Middleton High, she had amazing parents and she saved the day countless times, but when you looked a little bit closer you may notice that beyond Ron, she had no other friends. Yes, she could talk with Wade, but could that count as friendship? The boy was the one that took care of her website and favor list, but beyond calls for missions they had no real interaction.

“Geez, who kicked your puppy?” A very peculiar voice was heard inside Bueno Nacho making Kimberly raise her sight from her snack. At one side of the table where Kimberly was sitting down was none other than the other redhead of Middleton High. Looking at the attire made Kimberly feel a slight twinge of jealousy at the way the other redhead filled the t-shirt. She also found strange that Sunset used a lot of clothing with that weird sun symbol on her shirt; maybe it had some sort of sentimental value to her.

“What are you doing here?”

“And a good morning to you too Cheerleader,” Sunset said smirking at the red face of Kimberly once she noticed her social faux pas “but really? I just came for lunch, what about you? Where’s your worst half?” The damn smirk on Sunset’s face made Kimberly think on another headache, but instead of red and magenta it was more green and black.

“His name is Ron and he is not here,” If there was one thing that ticked Kimberly the wrong way was for people to trash talk about Ron or talk as if he wasn’t important. Apparently her reaction was amusing for Sunset because she gave her a very peculiar smirk, one that once again reminded Kim of her arch nemesis.

“I know his name, I just like to make you lose your cool,” Sunset said chuckling in amusement at Kimberly who had half a mind of jumping over the table and tackle the other redhead. The mature side of her was the only thing stopping her from doing something really stupid. Kim have understood the last couple of weeks that doing that would just put her at the perfect range for Sunset’s technique “now that my job is done I’ll order and leave you on your own pity party, ta-ta Panty Flasher.”

If there was someone in Middleton High that made Kim blow a fuse was none other than the Bitch Queen of the school. Not even Bonnie could make her snap that fast; it was as if Sunset knew exactly the words and tone needed to make the usually calm and cheery Possible explode in rage.

Looking at the retreating form of the intolerable redhead, Kim had to wonder what exactly was happening between them. Two weeks ago had been proof that they could get along and it was a moment where Kim saw another side of the usual acerbic teenager. They were about to have two exams, one of algebra and the other of history; it was quite the surprise to know that Sunset was even beyond what could be considered passable at the first but lousy at the second. It was as if Sunset had never even heard of most things in the book.

What had surprised Kim was what happened at the library that week. First finding Sunset at the library trying to study history then inviting her to Kim’s house so that they could help each other on their own weak points.

Kim wasn’t proud of it, but she had some trouble with several things that they had seen on algebra due to a couple of stressing missions that week. Her father and brothers seemed to thrive on math, most of the time doing calculations on their heads that left Kimberly with a headache just hearing them. She was a little jealous of their ability with numbers, but at least she knew that what she did on her missions was something unique to her, something that nobody from her family could say they did. That’s why she was so amazed at Sunset’s ability with algebra and everything to do with numbers.

That day they spend helping each other on algebra and history respectively, was a day filled not only with the proverbial light bulbs after understanding something. The two redheads had found some kind of camaraderie that Kim had never felt with another girl. Then the strange news about Sunset doing one of her missions just so she could have a free weekend arrived via Wade and left her stumped.

Here was one of her biggest nightmares and for no apparent reason she had helped her, not only that, but she put her body on the line taking Dementor and his henchmen by herself, all so she could have a free weekend.

“Sunset,” she said without knowing why she called her, but in the end Sunset stopped and took a look at Kim over her shoulder “I… thank you… for last Saturday,” Sunset’s face shifted several times showing different emotions.

“You… you are welcome Cheerleader,” She said with something resembling a smile on her face mixed with confusion. It had been a weird morning and most importantly, Kim had forgotten why she had been so down that day, it wasn’t important because maybe, just maybe, she had made a new friend that day.

-----

Sunset remembered that day as well, knowing that it was the day where her life had changed. It had been when she had finally acknowledged that Kimberly maybe wasn’t that bad. It had been the beginning of something greater than any kind of stupid revenge she had planned for Celestia.

Now here she was, in the middle of an alley as rain began to pour from the sky, washing away the blood on her face. Around her, the unconscious bodies of the mercenaries and assassins littered the ground while the victorious redhead tried to stop the blood coming out of a knife wound in her abdomen.

Those guys had literally blindsided her and she had been barely capable of surviving. She had finally found the information she needed about the latest scheme by Doctor Drakken and suddenly they had appeared alongside one of the Four Aces, one of Shego’s old enemies.

What where they doing and what did they have to do with Drakken’s Lil’ Diablo plan? This was worse than she thought. For a second everything turned black but Sunset focused again and with the determination that could come from being a redhead, she stood up and began to walk in the direction of Bueno Nacho.

There was no way she would let Drakken hurt even one hair on the head of HER cheerleader, not if he wanted the worst beating of his lifetime. She was going to save them, injury or not.

“Just hold on Kim, I won’t let you down this time.”

Author's Note:

So the story shows a little bit of the beginning of their friendship and the infamous second season finale.
The Four Aces are something that the KiGo community created, a sort of Rogue Gallery from Shego's hero days and they are... creepy, basically immortal vampires so you can say that things are not going like the original So The Drama script.

PreviousChapters Next