• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,533 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,533

PreviousChapters Next
4 Knocks 03

Everything was lost.

Everything was death.

At least on my mind that’s what I see. I can see a city of tall towers and a sun making the mountains shine, but it is not Canterlot. I feel pain, and lost. I feel everything happening in front of me. The arms in the clock don’t move as I see the portal ripple and move as my mind is lost. There is a message; a beat hidden inside my head that never leaves me, never lets me be free. I am a prisoner in my own mind sometimes, not knowing what is right and what is wrong. Who should leave and who should die.

He thought he was the last one. I thought I was the only one to cross.

We were wrong.

Everyone was wrong.

I should have known, after all, why would I deserve a second chance?

Monsters don’t deserve one.

I should have grabbed that stupid locket the moment I could and throw it in the middle of a volcano, everything to save the world from… me.

I can feel the calling, the promises of power that are constantly trying to seduce me, to make me destroy everything I once held dear. Is the same voice I heard every time I decided to be the good girl, the Sunset Shimmer that deserved redemption, telling me that everyone was beneath me. It finally had a name and it came in the form of a little locket.

Everything seemed so simple. Go and fight the Changelings alongside The Doctor and Roseluck, but instead of the smooth ride, it seems that Chrysalis was all for revenge, because he had tons of guards and apparently… a ton of bullets.

It hurts.

I feel so bad and so numb.

I don’t want to leave them yet, I still haven’t learned everything about friendship and magic in this place. I cannot just leave.

I don’t want to leave, but it hurts so much.

I can hear the sound of more guards approaching and preparing their guns. I have never been more afraid or more amazed at what humans can do. Now I suppose is not the time for that. I can only imagine what the Princess… all of them, would say.

I wish I could talk with them one last time, just to say… I’m sorry I suppose and thank you.

Goodbye Twilight.

I close my eyes and prepare myself for the last sound I will hear in my life, but instead the only thing I hear is one of the guards falling to the floor, followed by another. I can barely open my eyes but I can see a figure, moving from side to side, the glint of daggers slashing and taking everyone down.

Soon, only she and I remain alive, but not for long if the pain in my stomach is anything to go by. The woman soon kneels at my side and holds something that sends shiver through my whole body. Is the pendant, the one I wanted to leave behind, the one that only made the beat drum go on and on in my head. I am scared of a simple ornament as if I was a little girl, but I haven’t always been a little girl. I could hear the drums coming closer, taking the part that was me and trying to force it right into the back of my… our… his… MY head!

I feel my hands shake as I grab the pendant…no… is not a pendant. How could I be so stupid? I can see it now, The Untempered Schism right in front of my eyes, my initiation. I can hear the drums, one two three four. One two three four. I can see him, me and everything that I have been.

I ran, I ran so fast that I never stopped running.

I feel the energy running through my veins, the golden energy of my heritage, my injuries closing with the energy given to the Time Lords, my body changing, my heartbeat mimicking the one in my ears.

I am whole.

I am awake my dear Doctor.

-----

And that same man was busy trying to find a way to save the young girl strapped to the table as the green haired woman who was clearly far from being human raved about revenge and what she should have.

The Doctor had seen dozens of crazy creatures like her; the ones that pouted and threw tantrums when they couldn’t have what they wanted. Chrysalis had been defeated by the Twilight in the other dimension and now came to hurt the human version of the princess.

He could hit himself in the back of the head for not checking closer on the portal, but now he should be making some plans for whatever he could do to save his students. The ones he had grown attached to, especially the redheaded girl, the one that had been shot down. He tried not to think about that or the way the other girls will react if they knew what had happened to their friend.

It was at that moment when instead of feeling desperate, he grew scared. His two hearts missed a beat at the feeling he got. It was impossible. Next thing everyone felt beyond irritation at Chrysalis’ monologue was the way in which the whole building began to shake as lights went off and red emergency lights began to permeate the place casting shadows everywhere.

He didn’t put attention to the screams of Chrysalis and her mind altered minions. He could only see Roseluck at his side, at the face that felt hope, a smile that was being diminished by the look of panic in The Doctor’s face.

“What did you do? Roseluck, tell me, what did you do?”

“I… Sunset had a locket, like yours when you became human… she has to be a Time Lord too, right?”

“Roseluck, you don’t understand, I am the Last of the Time Lords, I’m supposed to be the last one, not because it was an accident, but because it was necessary!” Soft steps could be heard on the hall, steps coming closer to them “The Time Lords had become corrupt, as evil as the Daleks,” it hurt to remember, to see on his mind what the Time Lords had become and all the atrocities they unleashed upon the universe “but there was someone even worse than any of them, someone that took joy in making humanity suffer!” the steps were getting closer now, so close that a figure could be seen walking in their direction, steam and the lights of the corridor hiding every feature “we saw that message in the TARDIS’ console! YANA! It wasn’t just a coded message! It was a warning!”

YANA

You.

Are.

Not.

Alone.

The steps finally stopped and the body was finally seen. Every girl wanted to celebrate, but their blood turned to ice at the smirk on the newly awakened Sunset Shimmer. The smirk, they had seen it before, but now it was followed by hollow eyes, ones that had seen and finally remembered into the Untempered Schism, the eyes that held the greatest madness on the universe.

“Sunset, you-“ Applejack tried to speak with her friend, but the glare that was thrown at her silenced her.

“Do not call me that girl! There never was a Sunset Shimmer! My name is The Master! And you, overgrown useless bug, this is my planet,” she said showing one of the automatic rifles in her hands, the gun shots resonated in the chamber as the other guards pointed their guns at her.

“You should have killed me, now just die! Shoot her!” but even when Chrysalis ordered and barked, no guard moved or raised their hands. Instead they kept on watching the redheaded Time Lord.

“Oh Chrysalis, I suppose a mind as little as yours can’t comprehend what’s going on, so let me explain. I didn’t shoot at random, after all, what crazy wannabe conqueror makes her headquarters a resonating chamber, one in which someone could realign some panels, I don’t know, maybe with some bullets? And oh, maybe someone could use those new panels with a new signal, maybe something that is capable of transmitting some signal to tamper with the new one? How about a sonic screwdriver?” She said with a maniacal grin showing a small tube object as The Doctor checked his own pockets not being capable of finding his own.

“Please, do not go this path, I know you can do better,” The Doctor said knowing full well where his old nemesis and childhood friend could do with that kind of power on her hands.

“Come on old friend, you know me well enough to know what’s going to happen. Now girls, close your eyes because the next part is going to be a little gruesome. Guards, shoot Chrysalis… and don’t stop shooting until you have no more bullets to shoot,” what came next was the screams of pain and the sound of weapons going on as a maniacal grin was present on who was once called Sunset Shimmer.

PreviousChapters Next