• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,522 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,522

PreviousChapters Next
Truly Outrageous 02

Truly Outrageous 02

The houses passed by while the two cars drove on under a perfect afternoon sun with few clouds on top, although the perfect weather was practically wasted for six girls that were divided between a rather non-descriptive sedan owned by Igneous Rock right now being used by Pinkie Pie and a classic yellow Volkswagen beetle owned by Fluttershy, it was so well taken care off that it looked the same as the day it came out of the assembly line.

Five out of the six had many questions and they all had to do with their destination and why Sunset Shimmer was taking them to her apartment block; it had all started with the surprising news of Rarity going the whole nine yards with the dare record and now becoming a hit on internet, but how was Sunset going to bring Jem to life?

She had gone mute on them and refused to talk, although that was probably because she was busy thinking about it and making plans, after all, what she wanted to show her friends was technically an ongoing project and there were still many doubts in her mind.

It had started as a spark of inspiration, just a little something that had to do with the whole ‘Jem’ thing, she still didn’t know why she wanted to bring her to life, to make her real, and it was illogical. Was it because it meant fame? Not really, she answered quickly to herself; Sunset was done with the whole power and fame thing after the whole fall Formal debacle, so why?

Maybe because people found joy on the song and she wanted to bring more joy to them? Probably; it sounded like a plausible excuse but it still didn’t hit the nail on the head, there was still something fluttering inside her after hearing her own voice singing ‘Truly Outrageous’; mind you, she had to modify her voice a little and make it higher, just a little trick that she had picked along the way as Celestia’s student, now that same voice had brought a whole persona to become some kind of ‘Social Media Celebrity’, maybe Sunset thought that Jem deserved to exist because of that?

Whatever the reasons she could have all of them quickly reached her apartment block, and after parking the cars in the parking lot they all followed Sunset inside. None of them had spent much time at her place since they all became friends; usually they did their reunions at Applejack’s house in the country or Pinkie Pie’s house so this was definitely a special occasion, ‘Jem’ non-withstanding.

“So, how many people live in here too?” Applejack asked watching around the main hall noticing the new coat of painting in the wall and the rustic but nice looking furniture around it.

“Nobody, I own the building” Sunset said walking to the elevator and the rest of the girls were both surprised about the ample metal box and the whole ‘Sunset owns a whole building’

“Care to repeat that darling?” Rarity asked not believing her ears.

“It… was my idea; Princess Twilight has been giving me a stipend since I was reinstated as a Baroness; between that and me playing the market a little, well… I decided to buy the whole apartment block and renovate it, I was the only one living here after all” She said shrugging her shoulders still focusing on her plan for Jem.

“That is nice and good Sunset, but I think what we wanted to know is… why?” Rainbow was confused about why somebody would buy a whole building just like that.

“I… because there are already five apartments ready for each one of you when we start studying at Canterlot University later this year” Sunset answered deciding to tell them her plan.

“Wait... what?” Even Pinkie was confused about that.

“Look… Canterlot U’s campus is four blocks south of here and I thought that it would be a good idea to start this next step with a new perspective, I mean, this way we won’t have to worry about having to keep on living everywhere and I already talked with your parents and they all thought that it would be a nice life experience if we could all stay in the same building and we wouldn’t have to worry about expenses since there is a bank account taking care of that and now I’m just rambling!” Sunset said quickly closing her mouth while being worried about the reaction of her friends.

Whatever worries she had were destroyed when she felt five pair of arms encircling her in a warm group hug.

“Sunset, thank you so much for this, this is one of the greatest gifts that you have given us, hell, is so big that I’m ready to offer you a whole year of free fizzy cider just due to this” Applejack told her while the rest of Sunset’s friends nodded or smiled at her, all of them overjoyed with the idea of all of them living close to each other.

“You know what this calls for?” it was obvious who said that.

“Ah, shouldn’t we go back to why we were all here in the first place?… I mean, if you want to that is”

“Fluttershy is right, so, let’s go on with surprise number two” Sunset said when the elevator stopped at the basement floor “Synergy, access to the brain room please” Sunset said aloud making the rest of the girls look at each other in confusion before the elevator began to move again, this time instead of moving up or down it was rotating horizontally taking them by surprise.

“What in tarnation?” that and many other expressions were said aloud before the elevator stopped and the doors opened up, none of them knowing what to think about the strange secret room they were in, it seemed something taken out of The Matrix. It was a white circular room with a massive pillar of cables, circuits and crystal parts in the middle.

“Welcome everyone to the brain room or as I like to call it, ‘Synergy’s house’” Their host said extending her arms.

“I must say, it looks like something out of one of Rainbow Dash’s comic, but somehow has a nice atmosphere, quite beautiful on itself, this is marvelous”

“Thank you” a voice that none of them had ever heard before reverberated around the room making everyone look around finally finding the source of the voice at their side “I also like your hair” the small child said pointing at Rarity’s coiffure while they all stood there gaping at the kid.

She was wearing what seemed like purple and pink leotard that seemed taken right from the 80’s, she was also shoeless and had the most spectacular, long, flowing and gravity defying hair style that they had even seen before.

“Well… thank you, I also love your hair” Rarity could be in the greatest danger or in the weirdest situations but fashion and fabulosity always came first in her book “if you don’t mind me asking darling, who are you and what are you doing here?”

“My name is Synergy and this is my brain, well, not really, is complicated, Pops can explain it better than me” the small child said before starting to float around the room making Fluttershy almost faint in surprise.

“Yeah… she IS Synergy, or at least the form she likes to take; what you see before you is the most advanced AI ever created on both universes. Twilight and I have been working for a couple of years on her “

“Wow… just wow, I knew you and Twilight were hardcore eggheads, but an AI? Damn, am I happy that you two are on the good side because if you ever go mad scientist the world is doomed” the rainbow haired girl said following Synergy with her eyes while this one continued floating around as if playing.

“Thanks for the vote of confidence Rainbow… anyway, this project was possible by mixing both Equestrian crystal technology and silicon based human electronics which resulted in… a fully rational cognitive intelligence, for all purposes she is alive” Sunset said before Synergy’s avatar landed at her side grinning like crazy at the Rainbooms.

“So… have any other surprises that you want to spring on us Sunset? Maybe a shrinking ray that would make Sweet Apple Acres fit on the palm of my hand?”

“No, that is still in process”

“You realize that I was joking”

“So was I” Sunset answered with her bad girl smirk in position finally making everyone in the room laugh and release the tension they have been bottling up since they arrived at the apartment block “but yes, there are a couple of surprises and part of my master plan for Jem”

“Wait, you mean that Jem song in YouTube?”

“You know about that one Synergy?”

“Are you crazy Pops? I’ve been hearing it nonstop all day!” Synergy could still be an AI but sometimes it reminded Sunset of a preteen girl, sometimes she wondered if it was that hectic for the Princess when she was that age.

“Why does she call you Pops?” asked a now calm Fluttershy, besides, such a cute kid was in front of her and she wanted to hug her but she contained herself due to not knowing if it was a real body or just a hologram, it wouldn’t surprise her after watching so much advanced technology in the room.

“Apparently she considers me and Twilight her parents”

“Yep, she is Pops and Momma is all the way east on Bostrot but I can talk with her on Skype all the time, I’m not permitted to materialize on her lab”

“If you ever do that there’s going to be uproar on the world”

“Geez Pops, I get it, I like to be alive and complete, thank you very much”

“Let’s go back on track here, Synergy is not only an AI but she has many functions, some of them she has barely found about them, why don’t you show them your favorite?” Sunset said talking to her computer kid while this one grinned and suddenly, there were digital crystals appearing at one side of Sunset and a perfect replica of the sun haired girl appeared “hard light holograms thanks to laser technology and crystals directly from the Crystal Empire castle, I also believe there are traces of a powerful artifact’s signature energy called Crystal Heart on it… you can touch it, it is solid”

“Not only that but I am capable of remote controlling it so it can mimic anyone” the double Sunset said making everyone blink at the impressive show, all except for one pink haired girl who was jumping up and down in excitement.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! Do me! Do me! Do me!” she kept on saying making Synergy look at Pinkie Pie.

“I can do something better, I can make everyone you!” she said before every single Rainbooms member except for Sunset became the exact image of Pinkie Pie.

“Oh... my!”

“My goodness!”

“This is so AWESOME!”

“I think I had a nightmare like this one once”

“Ah… I’m confused now; would the real Pinkie Pie please stand up?” Sunset didn’t know if to be proud of what Synergy was capable of doing or terrified at the pink horde in front of her “Synergy, I think one Pinkie is sometimes too much Pinkie, can you turn them back?” and soon all of them went back to their normal form.

“That was too much poofiness, thank you for returning me to my usual fabulosity”

“So let me get this straight, this girl that looks Apple Bloom’s age can create light clones of anyone and make you look like anyone?”

“That and several other things, but THIS is the ability that could bring Jem to life” Sunset said taking a star shaped earring from the main central console.

“Isn’t that Princess Twilight’s symbol?” Applejack continued talking with Sunset being the one that had recovered faster than the others.

“Yep, these are special projectors that are linked with Synergy’s main console so no matter where one is she can use her mimic abilities… this way Jem can be alive and we can bring her music to everyone, is SHOWTIME!” Sunset said touching the earring and her figure changed.

Instead of the usual red and yellow hair, this time it was bright pink and reaching down to her knees, her combination of thighs, blouse and skirt was changed for a pink mini dress with thigh boots with heels, the dress having long sleeve for the right arm while the left was off shoulder and with no sleeve at all; Sunset’s skin had also changed with fair skin, beautiful face features, soft blue eyes and pink eye shadow forming a star.

Jem was finally alive and ready to rock.

Author's Note:

So... what do you say? Want me to continue Jem and the Holograms? Wanna see the whole band?

PreviousChapters Next