• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
An Ever After Tale 09: Just a normal day

“My life has been strange, I’ll be the first to admit it, I mean, I’ve turned into a demon and then I was defeated by a bunch of girls that then became my closest friends. Together we defeated and depowered a dangerous trio of magical beings called the sirens. Later on a girl from another school went power hungry and we saved her from corrupting magic and finally all together defeated a spirit of earth/monster; and even after all that, this school sometimes beats whatever I have lived so far,” The serene voice of Sunset Shimmer discussed while her shoulders sagged basically signaling she was done with things for today.

At her side, Blondie Locks, wearing her favorite blue and white dress with bears dancing on it, was holding her trusty mirror-phone which worked as a camera. Apparently, the blonde girl had a rather successful blog and she was always looking out for the hottest topics and news. That topic for now was Sunset Shimmer.

The reddish blonde had reached a bit of a stump on her studies of magic, particularly the part about witch’s magic. It was slightly vexing that she hasn’t been able to find any information about the powers and effects of a witch’s power. So far, Sunset knew that there were very few witches in the school and only one of the teachers was one. The one and only Baba Yaga, who Sunset had read about and was seriously impressed about her power and control of it; not everyone could continuously control a floating object with them on top and use it as a vehicle.

The other students on Ever After High that she could ask about that kind of magic were two. One was called Ginger and the general consensus was to run away from her the quickest one could since she was the witch from Handsel and Gretel. So, a possible cannibal witch, not that Sunset knew her, but the Equestria native decided to reserve judgment until she met her. The other one was none other than the infamous Raven Queen. Oh Glinda, yesterday was so entertaining, considering that never before she had seen Apple White so perplexed and shocked. It was not a hyperbole to say that the Fairy Tale Kingdoms were close to crumble with just a few words from a young witch.

Sunset knew that she shouldn’t take joy from something like that, but it was so interesting! Hex, the whole thing about having to sign the book was interesting from the magical point of view. Sadly, she didn’t have too much time to think because before she could take two steps outside of her dorm in search of Raven, just so this one could explain several questions Sunset had about witch’s magic, she was quickly approached -read, basically jumped upon by a bear obsessed girl- in search of an interview.

That’s how she reached the small clearing in front of the dorms and tried to satiate the curiosity of Blondie, who wanted to make the interview ‘just right’, maybe something to do with her destiny as the next Goldilocks, like Ashlynn and her shoes. Of course, this being Ever After nothing could be quite normal and as they had the interview, where Sunset talked a bit about what she knew about Oz and also about the place she had lived before, a floating rowing boat was slowly moving several inches above ground. A young looking girl, barely reaching Sunset’s shoulders was wearing her now iconic tricorne hat as four boys were rowing the boat.

“Come on men, next stop, riches like you’ve never seen before!” followed by a cackling laughter that would have make Jeanne Bell’s father cry from joy. As that happened, both blonde teenagers could do nothing but blink in confusion at what was going on. Behind them, Dexter Charming, perennial crew member of Blondie, continued taping the strange occurrence which will become one of the most seen videos on the mirror-net the day after.

“Okay, I’ve seen some strange things, but that was weird… weren’t those guys Sparrow Hood’s band members?” Sunset asked aloud since she was sure those were the Merry Men. At her side, Blondie could only nod and then both were even more confused when the young man wearing green and black, was running behind the boat.

“Come back here, you are not allowed to mutiny against me, how am I supposed to rock without a band!? And give me back my guitar you… you… pirate!” Well, that was interesting.

Author's Note:

I wanted to do a chapter a little like the webseries, short and funny.

PreviousChapters Next