• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,531 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,531

PreviousChapters Next
The Gourmet World 01

Author's Note:

A new door always open and we never know where it will guide us, why don't we go ahead with the next one?

Ah, I remember this one, I hope you are not hungry because we are about to enter the Toriko world, the Gourmet Era is upon us now!

The Gourmet World 01

Imagine a green meadow where creatures are capable of running without any fear of predators, imagine boars in that meadow who were born without hair and whose meat was so tender that it could melt on your mouth; The Butter Boar!

Imagine a natural spring whose filtering and rocks gave it a carbonated treatment, where fruit trees growing around the different pools full of rich and colorful harvest, and each and every fruit fell upon the springs, where the flavor and juice of the fruit mixed with the carbonated springs creating a new type of beverage; The Soda Springs!

This is that kind of world, where your imagination was being left behind due to the reality of ingredients that every day people found at every corner of the world. Now, humanity has stopped knowing hunger and it has reached a new age, where amazing ingredients could be found in every plate and the greatest richest of the world was found out in kitchens and markets, this is that kind of era, The Gourmet Era!

But some ingredients, especially the best ones are dangerous to collect, be it from plants or animal, most of these ingredients were found in places hard to reach or defended by dangerous creatures, or the ingredients themselves were dangerous creatures; for this reason, the Equestrian Gourmet Federation had people specialized in hunting down these ingredients, the Gourmet Hunters.

Usually hired by companies or wealthy individuals, these hunters had the not very enviable job of going places where no other human beings could go and collect these exquisite ingredients sometimes costing them their lives, but among them there are several high ranked Gourmet Hunters, those that have enough power and experience to be called by even the EGF, just like in this case.

-----

With the blue sky over her head and a nice bottle of carbonated cider from Sweet Apple Acres on one hand Sunset felt herself relax in the company of so much peace, it was a nice feeling, especially these last few days with everyone in markets talking about a huge celebration from part of the EGF with the birth of the EGF North President’s daughter, Flurry Heart.

Now everyone was speculating about what kind of dishes will be served, who would be the cooks, what would be the ingredients, and most importantly, from whom will they buy them or who will hunt those ingredients down; according to Pinkie Pie the speculation was so exciting that her sister Maud Pie was even more excited than her, which probably meant that Maud’s head was slightly more tilted to the right and her eyes slightly widened than usual.

With all that information back on civilization Sunset simply decided to take some time for her and simply enjoy peace and quiet for a chance, which was as rare and valuable than Draconequus tail these days. Sighing, Sunset closed her eyes tired at seeing the roof of the dome that was painted as the sky, it was bad for her to get into her little daydreaming habit and imagine as if she was out of this supposedly impenetrable prison, but that was life and her choices had brought her right into the jail door, nothing to do but to go along with it.

But just as she thought that she heard a very peculiar sound, the multiple locks and security measures behind the gigantic cell vault door that separated her from the rest of the world, this day seemed better by the second now. So there were people that wanted to visit her and Sunset quickly arrived to two different hypotheses, someone was visiting her for a job or someone was trying to ASSASSINATE her, either way it would be fun.

Instead of the practice she would have gained from the second hypothesis someone very familiar to Sunset entered the huge jail cell wearing the standard uniform of the EGF Elite Corps, her white hair looking as if it were made of feathers and the usual glare brought some bizarre comfort to Sunset.

“Hey Gilda! What brought you to my humble abode?” Sunset said with her usual smirk back in place at seeing her favorite member of the EGF; in turn, the tall girl smirked back looking as menacing as ever.

“Hey Suns, you got yourself a dweeb directly from headquarters here to see you” Once upon a time Sunset would have told that someone to get lost… with much more cursing of course, but these days any kind of change on her routine was welcome.

Who came behind Gilda took her by surprise; after all, meeting the version that lived in your current home world from your best friend was something that left you blinking several times at least.

“Miss Sunset Shimmer, my name is Twilight Sparkle, I’m here as the representative of the EGF to offer you a job, due to your ample list of achievements… alongside crimes, you have been chosen as the perfect Gourmet Hunter to get the items in the list I brought with me” the no-nonsense voice, the violet and magenta hair, the same lithe and probably with less than zero muscle in her frame, this was without a doubt Twilight Sparkle, or at least the human one.

“Well, seems like business like usual, see you later Gilda, want me to bring you anything?” Sunset said to the Prison Warden.

“If you find anything that can be turned into liquor you can wrap it up as present” she said letting Sunset out of her custom made cell.

“So where are we going Miss Sparkle?” the redhead said changing her prison uniform for the comfort of her hunting attire, the usual light blue blouse and jacket combination that she had used for years since she met Rarity and the rest.

“We need to go to the Everfree Swamp in search of a series of items that will be served at the EGF celebration on Flurry Heart's birth; it has been organized by President Celestia”

“Of course she did, and let me guess, she was the one that ‘suggested’ I would be a good candidate to search for those items?” This Twilight was as easy to read as the pony Twilight since her face showed surprise and shock of Sunset realizing what was happening.

“W-well, yes, President Celestia had you in mind for this mission, alongside someone else” Twilight said before going out of the Special Gourmet Prison 07, and there, in front of both stood the last member of the expedition, a woman with soft pink hair that fell over her shoulder and a beautiful smile that seemed to make that early summer morning even better for Sunset.

“Hello Flutters” Sunset was capable of saying before the young woman was hug tackled by the aforementioned Fluttershy.

-----

The very eclectic trio saw through the windows of the helicopter loaned to them by the EGF, each of them excited in a way about this travel.

“So, let me see if I undertood this, they want a full Cragadile for the banquet? They are not exactly big enough to give enough meat to the whole list of guests Celestia usually has at a party” Sunset said watching the list of ingredients she was required to gather this time, it wasn’t that ludicrous, in fact, some seemed rather normal for the place they would go to, but really? A single Cragadile?

“Oh no, this is not a normal Cragadile” the happy looking girl at Sunset’s side said.

“What do you mean by that Fluttershy?”

“Well, Cragadiles are a very long lived species, is just that between fights among members of the same species or falling prey to other animals they usually don’t live longer than 50 years, but this one it seems to have lived for over 400, so you can imagine the size and quality of the meat under all those rocks” Fluttershy seemed even more excited about the idea of hunting down the Cragadile, or maybe she was just happy about going in an excursion with Sunset once again.

“Whoa there Flutters, if you start vibrating harder in your seat you will be a carbon copy of Pinkie Pie”

“I’m sorry, is just that this is so… nice… we are finally going together in search of ingredients again, this is so exciting that I could scream” and by scream she meant something beyond a whisper, that one was something that Sunset have seen enough times.

“So I understand why you came with me, what I don’t is why SHE came with us” she said pointing to a shaking Twilight fully dressed as if she was going to a Safari, she even had that stupid looking pit helmet on her.

“P-p-president Celestia said that… that I should accompany you in this travel” She said clenching the armrests at her sides due to how nervous she was.

“Wait, she what? Celestia just told you to go into a dangerous zone just like that? I mean, sure, Flutters isn’t a fighter, she is a chef and she lets me handle the dangerous part of the job, but really? Just like that? What do you do in EGF?”

“I’m a researcher, but President Celestia said that if I wanted to get ahead on my studies I needed field experience and… well, she practically threw me into the helicopter” she said with an embarrassed smile while Fluttershy lightly giggled and Sunset rolled her eyes, President Celestia was as bad as her Princess counterpart in meddling in other’s businesses.

“We are right on top of the Swamp, I don’t think I can give you a perfect landing zone but this looks relatively safe for you all” the voice from the pilot interrupted the talk as the three expedition members got everything ready on their part.

“Thanks for the ride Firefly, hope we get to see you soon” Sunset said to her usual pilot while this one gave her a thumbs up.

“Sure we will, have some fun down there and good hunting girls” she said before the three hunters took turns going down the long ladder that had been dispatched from the side of the helicopter.

The hunt of the 400 years old Cragadile was afoot.

PreviousChapters Next