• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
Saint Sunset 02

“Let me show you what I have remembered! Fiery Phoenix!” Unlike the dark aura of Alecto a phoenix made out of fire seemed to be projected behind Sunset, while she released her energy in a torrent of fire and wind not only stopping the attack of Alecto but slowly pushing it backwards, both energies clashing in a show of light and power so great that pushed everyone in the grounds back.

How… I have the power of the element of harmony!

“You fool, you represent everything that harmony is not, there is no way you could use that kind of power. Do you think it would help someone with a heart as dark as yours? Now, go back to Tartarus where you belong!” Sunset seemed to shine as bright as her name as the column of magic and fire destroyed the Unrelenting Rage, hitting the Fury right in the chest. The blast so powerful that at the moment of contact it destroyed every part of Alecto’s armor, then the woman under it until there was nothing but ashes in the air.

It was a storm of fire and magic like never seen before by Twilight who had been present in magic duels before, but this one just simply left all previous experiences to shame. There it was, in front of her, a girl who had sacrificed her life for theirs and who had come back from death itself once more to help them.

A girl who calmly turned to look at them and gave Twilight the brightest smile she had ever seen from anyone since she arrived to this world.

“So… what did I miss?” Sunset simply said before the weird armor left her body and re-arranged itself into the form of a bird. It was also at that moment where Sunset was swarmed by the other five girls around Twilight.

-----

Every single student that had been present for the tremendous fight seemed to be present at the gym as they all witnessed the miraculous redemption, sacrifice and victory of Sunset Shimmer. All of that in just a couple of seconds which wasn’t a simple thing to do. They could not believe the things that had happened just a few minutes ago and while a couple would like to be skeptical on the whole ‘demon possession’ of Sunset, there was the building damage as proof and -most importantly- Sunset’s new bird-like armor that was right now secured inside an odd looking square box depicting a phoenix.

Even though it had been a party not too long ago, the music and lights had been forgotten and the DJ in charge of it -which was none other than Vinyl like every time there was a party- turned off the disco lights and put back the utilitarian ones from the gym. Having Sunset explain things while having party lights on seemed disrespectful to Vinyl.

Meanwhile, the girl who apparently not even death could keep down was silently drinking a simple glass of water presented to her by Rarity. An action as simple as drinking water seemed to send the known bully into tears and more than one felt guilt for thinking of Sunset –THIS Sunset- as a bully after hearing Alecto’s explanations.

“I don’t think I’ll take water for granted anymore.” Sunset said after drinking her fill of the clear liquid trying to contain the tears gathering at her eyes.

“Pinkie dear, do you think you can sit down with us? I’m sure you are bothering Sunset.” Were the words from Rarity to their party friend.

“No way, no how. There is a ton of hours lost in terms of hugs not given.” The pink haired maniac said with so much conviction that even surprised the students present who already knew her. The pink haired maniac was also right now draped on Sunset’s back with her arms around the redhead like a draped pink sweater.

“Is okay Rarity, after… well, several years of not feeling anything is not so bad to get a hug.” The phoenix saint said enjoying every second of contact she had after being a prisoner in her own mind for three years.

“Well, I suppose that after something like that even I would want one.” Rarity answered having half a mind of joining Pinkie on her endeavors, it was only her memories of the past Fall Formal election and the kind of public shaming she received that made her hesitant. Fluttershy had no such thing as she sat up and engulfed Sunset on the biggest hug she could give.

“Rainbow, Ah don’t think is a good idea to go snooping around other people things, no matter how ‘awesome’ they look.”

“Come on AJ, don’t you want to see this thing again?”

“Applejack is right, I don’t recommend you touching the-“

“YEOUCH!”

“-armor” Sunset was not quick enough in giving her warning as Rainbow Dash began to blow on her right hand as she could still feel the sting of being scalded from touching the box.

“This thing is still hot!”

“Is not hot, its protecting itself. It doesn’t let other besides its owner to touch it or wear it without its permission.”

“Sheesh, you talk about it as if it were alive.”

“It… kind of is? Is hard to explain.” Sunset said to the incredulous look of everyone.

“Really powerful artifacts sometimes can gain a low kind of sentience due to the concentration of power in them. It is fascinating on itself but what I am more curious about is if what Alecto said.” The Princess questioned Sunset making the last one flinch remembering the Fury.

“I suppose I owe you the truth Princess.”

“Please, no need to be formal with me, you can call me Twilight.”

“Are you sure?”

“After saving my life like that? Is the least I could do.”

“Alright then. Well, everything started three years ago and you guys may not know this but I’m not from this dimension-” And Sunset went on, telling the students, teachers and workers of Canterlot High the way she had been possessed by the Fury and how she had become a prisoner on her own mind, unable to act or be heard. At the end of her tale there were more than a few tear-stained faces, and several times she felt Fluttershy tighten her hug before relaxing.

The raw emotions and still present pain in the face of Sunset convinced everyone and after it there was no soul in the gym who hadn’t not only forgiven Sunset but also swore to make Sunset feel as welcome as they could in Canterlot High.

“So all the times she was pushing people around, and basically making everyone’s lives a living hell… you could do nothing about it” The blonde cowgirl said with her hat hiding her eyes trying not to imagine how it must have felt to live that long in that situation.

“That’s right, and let me tell you, it changes your perspective on life like you can’t believe it” Sunset said leaning into Fluttershy, feeling the nightmares vanish on the arms of the quiet girl.

“Then what now? You finally beat Alecto and you are free”

“Is not that… easy Twilight. Alecto is only the first and the energy she was looking for was already harvested and there are two entities about to wake up”

“And I am pretty sure that both of them will not be waking up just to take a look at the world before leaving”

“Quite right Rarity and I’m not sure who the bad guy Alecto was working for, but I know this, we will not be unprotected. When I died I heard a voice, it felt full of love and hope and I’m going to help her once she wakes up, which will be soon”

“Help her in what? Fight those monsters? Because that looked incredibly scary.” The chiffon haired girl said still holding unto Sunset before this one gave her a smile.

“But I won’t be alone in that, because there are other armors out there and I will find their owners. It is time for one more Holy War, that’s what she told me, is time for Athena’s saints to gather once more”

PreviousChapters Next