• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,533 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,533

PreviousChapters Next
Grand Line Adventurer

The aroma coming from the small cup on his hand was permeating the small bar and it fought against the thick essence of rum and beer that was synonymous with places like that. Observer was known as a tea aficionado but he couldn’t deny the appeal of a nice cup of coffee once in a while; specially after finding such a nice roast like in that small unknown island.

The bespectacled man knew that an island so far away from the Grand Line pulled very little attention from other places or more infamous characters. It was a blessing and a curse, having to take much more care of what they had and produced since trading was very sporadic, unless there was a famous pirate that liked the place, then there was a boom in danger and gold.

This little island was in no way like that and instead there were only farmers, workers and… mountain bandits. Said bandit hit the cup on Observer’s hand and send it flying up in the air before it crashed against a wall. Observer simply watched his empty hand as he sighed, being denied the simple pleasure of a cup of coffee. He wondered once again why he had to be the one to do the mission instead of Keeper.

The dark skinned man was the one that usually did the kind of missions that asked for interaction with other dimension. Instead of coming, Keeper had stayed back at their home in the void between dimensions to teach Sunset several things she will need to know if she wanted to survive her special ‘Tea Party’. Featherine was the kind of host you don’t want to mess around with, and it will probably end like a murder mystery in the style of Agatha Christie than a tea party from Jane Austen.

Instead of complaining about his luck, Observer simply turned to look at the man that had done the cardinal sin of destroying such a delicious beverage, finding a thin tall man with crooked teeth, devious eyes and one hand on top of the pommel of his saber. If there was a man that had been born to become a villain it was in front of him. Observer decided not to say that in a loud voice considering that he was already in deep trouble considering that the man was looking at him as if he had found his next prey.

“Can I help you in something?” Maybe it was the way Observer didn’t even blink at what had happened, or maybe due to his very posh accent that showed how relaxed he was. Either way, the bandit frowned at the bespectacled man.

“Don’t you see this is a bar? What kind of moron drinks such a stupid thing like coffee?”

“Well, I could also ask what kind of a man would only drink moose’s piss in a jar, but looking at you everyone knows the answer.” Observer said before looking at the young slightly terrified waitress, signaling for one more cup. Around the bar, the other members of the man’s gang began to laugh even harder after the comeback, making the bandit turn so red Observer was afraid he would have an aneurysm.

Putting his hand on his sword, Observer was ready to defend himself but they were stopped when the door of the bar was pushed inwards, appearing soon a young woman with vibrant beautiful red hair and a deep scowl on her face.

“Geez, is not like if I’m going to get drunk, I’m just going in for a… drink? Is this a bad moment?” The woman said being accompanied by another girl, this one with sky blue long hair and what seemed like a cape decorated with stars.

“Well, look at that, the lad that I had been looking for.” Observer said getting up from his table and taking his umbrella, as the rest of the bandits simply watched the girls getting in but the next second they all returned to what they were doing; mainly talking, drinking and playing games.

“Do I know you?” The redhead said cautiously as the girl behind her had an annoyed face; Observer wasn’t quite sure if she was mad with Sunset, Observer or the world in general.

“Not really, no, but I have to say that I met someone like you once. Excuse me,” he simply said before turning around and with a swift move of his umbrella he hooked the bandit’s arm; he then twisted the black instrument and the man was send up twirling across the room “where was I? Oh yes, I do have a proposition for you my dear, I suppose you are familiar with the name Grand Line?” he said as every bandit stood frozen on their seats. Meanwhile, Sunset and Trixie looked at each other before coming to the same conclusion.

“We are listening.”

“It won’t take long; if my information is correct, and I assure you, few times I’m wrong in that; you girls haven’t quite yet decided if you want to take a gamble and go for… what is it called? The treasure of Gol D. Roger if I’m not mistaken. Fabulous fella if accounts are correct.” Observer said while Trixie began to lose the small amount of patience she had.

“Would you please get to the point? You are starting to annoy The Great and Powerful Trixie.” Yes, even when she speaks you can hear the capitalization.

“So sorry my dear; well, as I was saying, I do find myself in need of someone that could help me find something around the Grand Line, now, where did I put it?” Observer said checking inside his jacket until he took out a small leather bound journal “here it is, you see, I have found the most intriguing things around the Grand Line.” He said as Sunset began to check in the journal and the strange symbols that were drawn inside.

“What are these things? I mean, it is a language but I have never seen something like this.”

“Very few people have, that’s why I need someone that could help me find something like that. Now, I am not interested in gold or treasure, the only thing that I request from you is that wherever your travels take you, if you find any information concerning about them.”

“What’s so important about some stupid symbols?” Trixie said before walking in the direction of the bar; then the building was frozen by Observer’s next words.

“They are very important indeed, they are called Poneglyps and they not only tell the story of the Void Century, but also of the great danger befalling this world.” Observer said as the spark of knowledge was once again ignited inside Sunset Shimmer, soon to be known as the Queen of Pirates.

PreviousChapters Next