• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
War never changes 05

What was it with people coming at every hour at her office? Well, it wasn’t her office per se, but it was still a place where she spends most of her time, either working or swapping ideas with Twilight. For the first time Sunset felt that she had met someone that truly understood her thirst for more knowledge, to understand more about the world that was so bizarre, and maybe the reason for the last one was that the whole world had exploded and people were trying to reassemble it.

It was quite the surprise when Sunset began to get more and more visitors in her small corner of the world. First it was Rainbow Dash coming to pester Sunset and Twilight; she was a little hard to get along with but she wanted to learn how to take care of her weapon, a small 10mm handgun that they found at the armory -Red Barn was very careful in giving people guns since they still didn’t have a reliable source of ammo for them- and Sunset had to spend time studying the weapon alongside her. In the end they gained, not a friendship, but an understanding that whatever happened back at Canterlot High was over and done; maybe it was the base for a new friendship. Sunset snorted at that thought; she having friends? Wasn’t that the reason she had been exiled from Equestria? Not having friends? Well, that and trying to gain dark powers just so she could ascend but that was a very small thing.

Another one that used to bother Sunset all the time had been Applejack's father, and Sunset had got to know him most. Between talking with Red Barn and how his family was settling on this new world, to stories of how Canterlot was before the bombs fell. It was really… humbling in a way, to know such a man. Before the bombs, when she was still the maniacal bully, Sunset may have simply ignored him, but now, with the world as screwed up as it was; Sunset simply listened to him talking. In the end, she usually ended up asleep, and with no nightmares as a plus.

Sunset was no fool -after all that’s why she was unofficially the Head of the Research Department-, she knew that so many people visiting her, including kids that she had tormented before no less, mean that they all had a plan. Apparently it was ‘keep Sunset Shimmer company’, but for what reason? It was not like if magically they were worried about the redhead; because she knew that there was no way in Tartarus that they all were worried about her.

Whatever the case, it worked, because Sunset felt less like if someone was pulling her teeth every time she went to her weekly visit to Cadence. Principal Celestia -the woman was now Overseer or Mayor, but for Sunset and the rest of the students couldn’t avoid the title- had a nice idea when she put Dean Cadence in charge of monitoring the mental health of the people living in the Vault. Her cheery disposition and the almost sisterly way in which she behaved, alongside her psychology degree, made her the perfect person to check something as important as how sane people were.

In the end, it helped, if only slightly; of course, Sunset still felt the pull every time she looked at a rocket bottle full of dark liquid. Cadence had explained her that the sugary soft drink had become a crutch of sorts; that Sunset had been using the sugar rush it gave her to avoid sleeping and having to see nightmares of Sunset at her worst, gleefully enjoying killing the students of Canterlot and even seeing the face of the man she had killed.

Cadence had called it Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; only after Sunset had begun to actually socialize, was when she finally began to open up to her fears. It had been a slow affair but at least Sunset didn’t break into a sweat when she went to sleep at night.

But things tend to change no matter what we do, and this was the time when things changed for better or worst. Sunset was walking in the direction of the main office that had been taken over by both Celestia and Luna who worked as the administrative force of Vault 47. Inside, the two women looked up to see Sunset walk into the office before placing some kind of machine part on top of Celestia’s desk.

“We have a problem, the water chip is busted and we have no replacement in the Vault; unless we get a new one the Vault will stop having water in less than two months.” Sunset said not knowing that the adventure of a lifetime started just for those words.

Author's Note:

This story has officially a theme song and aname now.

Welcome to:

Fallout: Canterlot City

PreviousChapters Next