• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
Part is Metal, Part is Real 02

The first time she have seen the ship she had fallen in love; it was like the time she had been capable of driving a motorcycle but hundreds of times better. This wasn’t a machine that had been mass-produced or was inferior to other models; the ship that resembled a hawk had been created to be the best in the world. It was breath taking with its form and style; sure, it wasn’t exactly aerodynamic, but its purpose was to travel across space, not an atmosphere, so for its purpose it was the greatest thing ever.

Sunset Shimmer pinched herself the first time she saw the ship in construction not quite believing what she was seeing. Sure, at the time, it was the chassis with most of the electronics and engines visible; many of the cables turned the floor of the garage into a jungle while many sections still unfinished of the ship were being developed and tested in other buildings, but if the project was only half of what Twilight has told them, it would be the greatest thing in the sky.

Codenamed ‘Project Miraj’, the ship would be the team’s vehicle and would be invaluable in their trip to Limbo, taking them from Earth all the way up to their post in Limbo. It would be quite the experience to command and pilot that machine and Sunset was already anxious to test it. So far, the time she had done beyond prepare herself for the amount of surgeries that will change her into a Silverhawk, was spend in reading all the material they had about the Miraj and train on the simulator.

Sunset’s set of surgeries and modules that would be implanted on her were vastly different from those that Rainbow Dash or her brother Blaze would have. While the other four members of the project were being designed as flying operatives with light materials capable of high altitude flying and space travel, Sunset’s new body had been designed for precision and apparently for other combat scenarios. It was truly impressive and had to give it to the human scientist; when they got an idea on their heads, they knew how to deliver.

That was several months ago, now here she stood, watching the machine known as Miraj be pulled into the runway was enough to make the rest of the team, the scientist, militia and visitors look in awe at what they all had accomplished.

“I don’t think I have to remind you what is going to happen from now on, right?” The easy going voice of Spitfire always hid a stronger edge underneath, one that usually was reserved on her old students when she used to be a drill instructor for the marines. Now, her body had been changed alongside the others, but instead of the silver chrome body, she had a light golden touch that made her look like a golden hawk.

“Ah think we all been drilled on that enough times, can we just jump that part?” Once the Apple family member had been selected for the project, the news had produced a party/reunion of the whole Apple clan that would written in the annals of history. Among the people watching the team, Applejack tried to contain her tears of pride.

“Mah little sister is gonna be the first Apple in space! If only ma and pa could see her now!” As the older sister continued her waterworks, the rest of her friends smiled alongside her watching the young Apple get ready for her new mission. Everyone had been surprised that Bloom wanted to a part of it and Scootaloo still felt a little bummed that she haven’t been selected instead, but as best friends since Junior High, she gave Apple Bloom all of her support alongside Sweetie Belle. Long gone were the days of the willowy and slightly awkward Apple Bloom, now she looked strong and confident, although still smaller than the rest of the team due to her role being more as a support, doing recon and infiltration.

“No way kiddo; I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there is a protocol to follow, especially with all the cameras… currently focusing on my sister,” Blaze said all but resigned to the showboating of his baby sister. Sure, they were on the same team, but that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t keep an eye on the antics of Rainbow Dash.

“Is alright, I guess we can go straight to the main part of today, Sunset Shimmer, while I may have be the highest ranking official of the team with military experience during our training, the military has granted you the rank of Colonel,” okay, that was new, but Sunset took it on stride as the team began to prepare for takeoff.

As they began to walk in the direction of the ship, Sunset watched all of her friends; from both Twilights, several Apple family members, rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie alongside others which had been a part of her life so far. The three reformed sirens were waving at them alongside others like Juniper, the former members of the Shadowbolts and many other that she had met before. Suddenly, her sensors activated and she quickly grabbed the object that had been thrown in her direction.

It was one of the few times Sunset had seen without her iconic hat on top of her head; instead, the stetson was now on her hands as Applejack waved goodbye at her.

“One last thing to remember us by, take care out there sugarcube!” Sunset waved back before finally placing the stetson on top of her head. Placing her guitar at one side, Sunset took a look at the controls as the rest of the team got conformable in their own compartments and in a couple of minutes they were off, the ship flying across the sky and into space. They were saying goodbye to planet Earth and were now in route to Limbo, where they will soon begin their fight against Mon*Star and his gang, who had been terrorizing the system for a long time. Sunset smiled as she put the ship in autopilot and began to once more string her guitar. This would definitely be an adventure.

Author's Note:

And there you go, next destination, we will finally go under the sea, something that we should have done a long time ago but thanks to Noche all of those plans had to be put in the backburn; not this time.

PreviousChapters Next