• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,534 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,534

PreviousChapters Next
An Ever After Tale 05: Oz

It is a brand new day for the many students of Ever After high. The sun is up, the birds are singing alongside the princesses on the school and even a dog is allowed in the castleteria -geez, I cannot believe I can say that with a straight face, it seems something from out of Family Guy-, but no matter, everyone was getting well feed for the day since this was the rehearsal for Legacy Day; a day that will leave in infamy and… sorry, I was getting ahead of myself right now.

Either way, the students were right now eating alongside their friends and even Sunset was surprised by how fast she had been able to gain companionship considering she was a new student. It was a bizarre feeling considering that less than a year she had found herself in the less enviable position of being the pariah of Canterlot High. Now here she was at a school were future kings, queens, heroes and villains received their special education being surrounded by some of the biggest names in Fairy Tale business.

At her right she had the darkest and sweetest and most gothic girl Sunset had ever met. The now blonde was sure that even though she looked like a goth girl with a penchant for Victorian era clothing, the only nicest girl Sunset knew was Fluttershy, it was refreshing on its way considering she was destined to be one of the biggest villains in Fairy Tales, not that she seemed too excited about Legacy Day and her destiny.

At her left was a girl that made honor to her name being the daughter of Red Riding Hood, since apparently the hood was on 24/7 for what Sunset had seen. Beyond the fashion decision Cerise Hood was a nice girl that had a penchant for meat and nice jokes, but Sunset couldn’t avoid thinking that there was something weird on the girl. She decided not to follow on her suspicions and simply let the girl be.

The last girl in this strange quartet was none other than the daughter of the Mad Hatter and she truly did honor to that kind of legacy. It was as if Pinkie Pie had a twin sister and they were separated at birth… although, thinking about it, there was proof that backed that theory, just like basic teleportation, non sequiturs, penchant for parties -although Maddie’s parties were mostly tea parties- and simple disregard for physics in general. Sunset had already seen Maddie serve her a cup of tea while the cup was upside down and the tea flew upwards from the tea kettle.

Looking at things they weren’t a bad bunch to call her friends, and even though she had started to get the attention of others students she had simply stayed with those she had befriended first. Not that she wasn’t talking with others, is just that she felt more at ease with those three girls. Apple White had been nothing but welcoming and sweet but she was so sweet that her teeth were beginning to rot, and the rest of her friend circle was also nice to talk to from time to time, specially Briar who had a wicked sense of humor just like her… oh man, did I just make the whole ‘wicked’ pun?

This dimension is getting to me man, but anyhow, we are on this fine morning watching those Ever After High students mingle and having a very good breakfast as they all prepared for their classes. Although, there was something that still baffled Sunset since she arrived at this dimension.

“Girls, do you have any idea why Apple and Blondie were so surprised when they found out I was part of the Oz story?” Sunset asked making the other three girls stop their breakfast before looking at her as if she was crazy and when that look comes from Maddie you know something is going on.

“You really don’t know about the Land of Oz?” Raven answered back with her usual calm and melodic voice. From the group of friends she was possibly the one with the higher knowledge of Fairy tales and other kingdoms thanks to her father’s education. Sunset simply shook her head to indicate how little she knew about it.

“Besides what is written in the books I know nothing about the actual Land of Oz”

“Is no surprise since no one has actually been there in generations, not even the headmaster has put a foot on the place. We know it exist since there are still exports from that place.”

“Oh yes, Munchkin Pineapples are amazingly sweet and yummy.” Maddie said while Earl Grey, the little mouse living on Maddie’s hat nodded too alongside her owner.

“I know, mom sometimes make Pineapple cake with fresh ones and they are delicious.” Although Cerise was a confirmed carnivore -much to the shock of Apple, Briar and Blondie who were scared by the amount of meat one girl could ingest in one day- she had to give it to her mom since she was capable of making both Cerise and her sister love fruits and vegetables. Truly something deserving a medal and a statue.

“Apparently Princess Ozma, the ruler of the land, close any communication between the Fairy Tale Kingdoms and the Land of Oz more than a hundred years ago. To get the new Dorothy Gale on the school is something that has never happened before. Speaking of witch, how did you found out you were the new Dorothy? Is she your mom?”

“Believe me, I would love for that to happen, but seriously, it basically fell into my hands. Apparently it was a clerical error and the destiny of Oz finally arrived when I was studying at a school in the human world.”

“This is truly wonderlandiful! Just think about it! You’ll probably get access to a kingdom no one here has seen for generations!” Maddie said all excited with the idea of knowing more about a kingdom as fantastic as her beloved Wonderland, her home that she missed so much.

“I’m still not sure if that is what’s going to happen, I mean, what if the Storybook of Legends don’t recognize me as the next Dorothy.”

“Don’t worry, nothing as crazy as that would happen, right Raven? Raven? Are you okay?” Cerise repeated her question as the pother girl seemed to be thinking about something and didn’t hear them.

“What?”

“Is something the matter?”

“No, everything is alright, I was just thinking about the Storybook of Legends and how we are going to be signing on it soon.” Raven said with a smile on her face, but Sunset knew that there was something deeper and it had something to do with that book and even if it was only a rehearsal Sunset knew that something out of this world would happen.

PreviousChapters Next