• Published 31st Dec 2015
  • 385 Views, 73 Comments

Canterlot in Flames - Sylvian



The Shadowbolts, with their flying fortress, have struck Canterlot at its heart. Now, the ponies of the once great city must lick their wounds, and pick up the pieces.

Comments ( 11 )

If this is the end, you should change the tag to complete.

7674906
Huh... woops, totally forgot about that, thanks!

Haha, war never changes.

Nice story you have here man.

8095484
War really does never change.

And thank you ;3 I am glad you enjoyed it!

Before I read this, what is the Gore and Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

8145563
Without spoiling the story, the story contains a military bombardment of the City of Canterlot, invasion of the city of Canterlot, brief description of the recovery efforts pre and post bombardment (The city gets attacked twice), multiple scenes set in a hospital set right after the Shadowbolts' attack, between that attack and the second, and during and after the second. There is also a scene involving a trial, the general machinations of the Canterlot Nobility, street-by-street fighting, and an entire scene dedicated to defending the front gates to the Canterlot Castle during the invasion.

Not to mention a chapter dedicated to a funeral.

So, it gets dark, and there is a lot of blood spilled. But it isn't a story that is full of blood guts and gore. It's a story about ponies surviving hell, twice, and coming out the other side better for it.

8268777
In any event, I hope you enjoyed the story overall.

8278474

8278474
well examples that immediately come to mind is the conversation between the two brothers and the brief wedding above that with leaf and daring. though i know there are some rather big holes in using those as an example for this argument

8278482
The brothers (Earl Black Velvet and his brother Lord White Tie) are simply assholes, really. They were brought up in a generation and a household that prized personal accomplishment above anything else, thus they're always attempting to screw each other over (It's the self-defeating cycle of evil), and Tie specifically feels like he has been passed over by his brother's spawn for the title as he feels Fine Brew (Witching Hour's mother and Velvet's daughter) and Magic Mug (Fine Brew's brother) are both corrupt as Fine married an Earth Pony and Mug married... well he married Purple Rain who is beyond explanation.

As for Daring and Leaf? The title bestowed upon Daring is a hereditary thing, as her bloodline is believe it or not, a minor house of House Platinum. She was given it because *everyone* above her mother in the line of succession was killed in the fighting. That's how titles work in a monarchy.

I understand where you're coming from, though, as I really do toss a lot of grief at the hooves of the nobles, but I don't hate them by any stretch of the imagination.

Login or register to comment