• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 12,187 Views, 2,091 Comments

Chaotic Harmony - shirotora



A new friend teaches the girls what true chaos is

  • ...
93
 2,091
 12,187

PreviousChapters Next
Armageddon Part 6: The Doctor and a Dance

I was actually feeling good enough to focus on finishing this. I hope you enjoy it.

*****************************

“The fuck!” I exclaimed as a wave of energy threw everyone else away, knocking them out.

“Well, and who might you be?” Said a voice behind me.

I turned around to see a very familiar face, “Petri!” I growled.

He looked at me with inquisitiveness, “You sound...” His face became one of shock, “No... you're dead. I killed you myself!”

With my best Monty Python voice I replied, “I got better

“What!?” he said angrily, “One doesn't just 'get better'.”

“And one doesn't just walk into Mordor, but it happened.” I drew my spear, wanting to save the energy in my gauntlets for ranged attacks.

He just smiled at me, “You truly wish to fight me? Fine.” His horn glowed with a pail green light and we were surrounded by a barrier, “Now there won't be any interference. Your friends can't help you, and mine can't help me.”

“Shiro!” I heard Dash's voice but couldn't let it distract me.

I grinned at his ignorance. I couldn't use the active powers of my elements on account of needing to focus my own magic through them (magic I no longer had), but the passive abilities were still useable. That meant I could just absorb the barrier if I needed to, but he didn't need to know that.

“Well, that's not entirely true.” He said, “I do have one friend that can help me.”

With a psychotic grin, the whites of his eyes turned red like the were filling up with blood. I could feel a malicious presence coming from him. It was as if he were... fuck my life. A pair of bat-like wings sprouted from his back as he wailed in pain. Demons aren't exactly know for being gentle. He fired a crimson bolt at me only to have the energy added to my amulet.

“So, you can still use that, hmm.” His voice echoed as if he were multiple beings (which in all honesty, he was), “Well, let's see how much it can take.”

His horn lit up and fired a bright bolt at me again. I waited for it to get absorbed but instead it exploded in a blinding flash of light making me blink away. When I looked back, I barely had time to parry his horn. With my weapon occupied by his pointy head bump, I couldn't counter his hoof that struck me right in the chest. The guy didn't hit like a unicorn, but an earth pony. If it weren't for my belt improving my durability, that would have finished it.

“Now that that's out of the way...” Said the traitorous doctor.

I looked at him and saw him toss something familiar away. I looked down and saw the my amulet was gone. The bastard did that to get rid of my one advantage. Wit me vulnerable to his magic now, he launched volley after volley of crimson bolts after me. If it weren't for my boots, I would have been toast. My spear was sturdy enough to deflect the bolts, but it jarred me pretty good and threatened to tear the weapon from my grasp. It wasn't like I could get close to him to use the thing anyway. Every time I tried I was stopped by the need to avoid his attacks.

“You're good at running away aren't you.” He said, punctuating his statement with another blast, “You ran from your world and parents.” Another blast, “you ran from your wife and children to have an adventure.” And another, “And then you got sick.” Yet another.

“Keep talking.” I said, “It don't bother me.”

He looked at me with a sinister smile, “Would it bother you if I told you it was MY panther.”

“What?!” I said.

Everything I went through for the past several months, all the pain and worry... it was because of him? That's when it hit me. He gave me a slow, painful, deadly disease just so I would be despite enough to do whatever he told me to without question. Which is exactly what I did. He played me like a fiddle, and now innocents were dieing by the hundreds. The thought of all of those ponies dieing, ponies with wives, husbands, foals, parents, friends... I felt my anger burning like a wildfire.

“Did I strike a nerve?” He sarcastically and laughed.

I had to think and think fast. I could try shooting at him but I have two blasts that both need ten minutes to recharge. I could deflect his shots with my spear, but my hands were starting to go numb so that was temporary at best. The power of the blasts would shatter my shields after a few hits and then they'll need ten minuets to charge before I could use them again. My options were vanishing fast.

You already know the answer. Said a familiar voice.

I felt a pulling sensation as the world around me shifted. When it stopped I found myself in a glade. It was, for lack of a better word, beautiful. It was a like one of those places that only exist in paintings. There was a pristine waterfall flowing into a crystal clear spring, and exotic flowers of every shape and color. But by far the most beautiful was the large deer that stood in the center, looking at me. It's coat shimmered in the light all the colors of nature. A feeling of peace, kindness, and love radiated from the creature.

“It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Shiro.” She said.

“You're the one that helped me in Tartarus, aren't you?” I asked, “Who are you?”

She smiled and answered, “I am Gaea.”

“Gaea? The goddess of nature? The mother of Luna and Celestia?” I asked.

She nodded, and I did something I had never done before... I bowed out of respect. I didn't care about her position, or title, but her sacrifice. She gave everything to keep evil away from this world, and THAT was worthy of all my respect.

“Thank you, your highness, for your help in Tartarus. I wouldn't have made it if it weren't for you.” I said, “May I ask the reason for this summons?”

“Oh, would you stop with all the formalities.” She said, “I summoned you because you are doubting yourself. Tell me, why do you think you can't defeat Petri?”

“Because I’m not strong enough.” I said, “I can't get close enough to him to even hurt him, much less beat him. If I were still a tiger I could do it easy, but...”

“Then be a tiger again.” She said simply.

“I can't.” I said, “I don't have your fourth element and he took the amulet.”

“You speak of Laalia's prophecy. What makes you think my elements are the ones she spoke of?” She said with a grin, “Besides, I don't have four elements.”

“What?” I asked, “But... how am I suppose to...”

The goddess cut me off, “You already know a way to reveal your true self, don't you?”

Something about the way she said “true self” caught my attention. I had heard it said just like that from my... That was it! I understood what Laalia meant by her prophecy. I knew what to do.

“Good. Now go and save the world I love so dearly.” The queen goddess said.

I felt the same pulling sensation and found myself back in Petri's barrier. He was still laughing which meant that whole conversation took place in an instant. I took a deep breath and sheathed my spear. With a hiss of the hydraulics, my gauntlets fell off my arms, and I tossed them aside. They were followed by my boots.

“Shiro! What the hay are you doing?!” I heard Jynx yell from out side the barrier.

“Giving up?” Asked Petri, “I knew you were smart.”

I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. I began moving in slow, rhythmic motions, as I recalled a voice of my past.

Let your will lite a fire in your soul.

I relaxed myself. Letting all the tension fall from me.

Drop all of the anger, doubt, and fear, like a tree drops it's leaves in the autumn winds.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Jynx shouted.

Your resolve must be as unmovable as a mountain.

I opened my eyes and looked at my enemy. His horn glowed blood red as he fired a bolt of deadly energy at my chest.

And finally, you must flow, like the stream.

I raised my hand and simply coxed it in another direction. The bolt detonated on the shield above me.

“What? How?” Asked the doctor, stunned at what I had done, “What the hell was that!?”

“Tai Chi.” I answered.

He growled and fired more bolts at me. I deflected each one with ease as a strange tingling sensation crept up my hands. I could see the anger building in him.

“What are you?!” He asked, “I had seen what humans are capable of on that television of Celestia's. Even in a lot of fiction they can't do that.”

“But they can.” I replied, “It just takes a lot of hard work and few are willing.”

He growled, “I don't care. You are going to die NOW!!!”

His horn came to life again as he poured his magic into a massive orb of death intent on finishing this fight. I stood my ground, waiting for his strike. With a yell, he launched the missile. It closed the distance fast. This time I didn't just turn it, I grabbed it, and spun it around my, bleeding off it's momentum. My whole body burned as if it were on fire. I could feel the magic trying to tear me apart. With one more spin I launched the orb back at its caster. In a panic, he shot another bolt at it, detonating it. The blast filled the whole barrier and obscured our vision with dust. As the dust started to settle Petri rose to his hooves and looked at me. His eyes widened as his pupils shrunk to pin pricks.

“No... how?” He asked.

“Tai Chi is a part of Qigong, a more spiritual form of martial arts. It's known for improving physical, mental, and spiritual health. And as you can see...” I wrapped my furry striped paws in a silver fire, “It can also unite a fractured soul.”

I focused all the anger, sorrow, pain, and suffering I experienced because of him, the suffering of my friends and family because of the disease HE gave me, and all the innocents dieing because of HIM. I was going to enjoy this. I charged the possesed pony and *censored**censored**cupcakes**censored**censored**censored**censored*

PreviousChapters Next