• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 12,187 Views, 2,091 Comments

Chaotic Harmony - shirotora



A new friend teaches the girls what true chaos is

  • ...
93
 2,091
 12,187

PreviousChapters Next
Armageddon, part one: Dawn

AN: This chapter is really short, I know, but the next will be longer.

I surveyed the army. It was the largest force ever gathered at almost 14,000 strong. From Equestria we had 5000 soldiers and 5000 volunteers. The griffins sent 2000 soldiers and1000 volunteers. The entire Kras clan of 45 as well as just over 900 d-dogs were also here. All watched the horizon as the sun slowly crested the hills. For many here it would be the last sun rise they would see.

I stood in the front with my new gear. My gauntlets were replaced by similar tools that covered my whole arm, while similar boots adorned my feet. They were my solutions. The extended gauntlets enhanced my strength too near that of a pegasus with speed to match, my Belt of Stone's Strength did the rest. The boots had a hover field that lifted me about two inches above the ground when active. I could move with directional thrusters on each side of both boots. Just because I don't have any magic of my own any more doesn't mean I can't use the magic in crystals and my elements.

In the distance, at the base of the mountain was the red-purple barrier. I knew the moment that dropped all hell was going to break loose, both literally and figuratively. I watched the thing for signs of it's fall. When the sun was fully up several flashes signified the unicorns and alicorn had abandoned their post. It didn't take long at all for the first cracks to appear and soon they spread across the entire surface and shattered.

I raised my spear and yelled the order to march. The captains relayed the order and the mass lurched forward. We went at a slow pace, conserving energy, as we approached. The pegasi, griffins, and dragons were in the back ready to take off at a moments notice. The dragons each carried two unicorns on their backs to cast protective and support spells in the air.

It didn't take long for the enemy to take notice of the army heading it's way. I recognized some of the creatures as the ones that were wandering through the halls of Tartarus tormenting those who were damned. Many of the things that started making their way toward us, though, were ponies, griffins, and other beings that had committed great sins in life. I even saw creatures that no longer exist like harpies, Trolls, and Ki-nali (they kinda look like Kajit). They charged us in a random mass. I hadn't realized how out numbered we were on the ground. Most of the creatures coming from the gate were land bound.

Soon enough the gap closed and we began picking up speed. I activated the hover field on my boots and focused the thrusters forward. A deafening roar rose up from the army as thousands of voices, mine included, unleashed a battle cry. The fliers in the back took off with beams of light tearing into the enemy from the rifles the pegasi were given.

We collided with the enemy in a flurry of clashing steel and claws. Blood and screaming filled my senses as I slid my twin magic blades into an abomination of hell. A quick boost to the side took me out of the path of it's clawed hand as it died. A rusted blade glanced of the shield projected from my left shoulder. I answered with a slash across a decaying ponies chest. Turning back into the fray, I raised my weapons just in time to stop a troll's hammer from getting too intimate. Even with the belt and gauntlets he was starting to overpower me. I was forced to one knee as I struggled to get out of the bind I was in. the brute's smug face was luckily split in two by an ax from Saga.

“Thanks General.” I said.

“My pleasure.” she returned as the ax morphed into a spear that she plunged into a harpie before flying off.

“Note to self; get a shape shifting sword.” I said and dove back into the fighting.

As I hacked and slashed my way though the evil hoard, a bright stream of light tore through a thicket of hell spawns. I shielded my eyes from the blast as a golden figure passed overhead. I had read about how the sun dragons draw in solar energy for their breath attack but had never witnessed it. I was far from disappointed.

I caught myself when another blow struck my shoulder shield sending my to the ground. A Ki-nali leaped toward me with it's claws ready to tear me open. I retracted my left light sword and blasted the energy at the airborne cat piercing a hole in its chest. I scrambled to my feet again. I needed to let the magic in my left gauntlet recharge before I could reform the sword, so I had to make due with one. It was the down side to being able to project the energy. Thankfully the shoulder shields used a different crystal, so the arrow that would have landed in my neck missed it's mark.

I forced myself on. Echo was fighting a troll and giving it a run for it's money, but I decided to help anyway. I slid up behind it and cut the Achilles tendon causing it to fall. My next strike sliced it's throat. Echo gave me a strange look.

“You smell like Shiro.” His voice sounded in my head.

“There's a reason for that.” I said as I beheaded a hell griffin.

“You know what... I don't want to know.” He said, “Let's just teach these Nancy boys who there messing with.”

“Let's” I said.

Echo was a good fighter, so I left that area to him to fight else where. After dismembering some Tartarus chimeras, I heard loud roars coming from the gates. I looked up and saw a terrifying sight. Several dragons had come out and taken to the sky, but even that wasn't the worst thing. A crimson cloud poured from hell and started condensing into a solid form. My stomach clinched at the sight of a creature I had only seen in pictures... Typhon, Father of Monsters.

There was no more terrible monster in Greek myth, and the Equestrian counterpart wasn't much better. I wracked my brain for a way to fight it, but was halted when it leaped over the battlefield and headed away from us. I couldn't dwell on it for long, as a glancing blow across my back brought me back to the fight. Enough time had passed and I reformed my left sword and cleaved the goblin in two.

The arrival of Typhon was already bad enough, but as I looked around I realized something, we were starting to lose. Their numbers were too great and our soldiers were falling.

As I cursed to myself I saw a spot of blue cresting the hill to the west. It was an earth pony. He stood on the hill looking down on the battlefield before charging. Suddenly the hill behind him flooded over in a tidal wave of gray, brown, and black beasts, teeth and claws ready to kill. That's when I realized what was going on. Dohi Waya had returned... and he brought friends.

PreviousChapters Next