• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 12,187 Views, 2,091 Comments

Chaotic Harmony - shirotora



A new friend teaches the girls what true chaos is

  • ...
93
 2,091
 12,187

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: The Darkness Within

March 31, Hearts and Hooves Day

Celestia walked through the gardens like she did most mornings before starting her official duties. She enjoyed the quiet. It was something she rarely enjoyed anywhere but here.

She found herself once again looking at the heroes of Equestria. Their statues placed so everypony could admire them for what they did for all ponykind.

It was a shame that so few know what their greatest hero did. Most saw Discord as a monster. They had forgotten WHY he was mad. The thought always brought a tear to her eye.

She approached the pedestal of her old friend, “Good mourning, dear brother-in-law, it's a... NO!” she gasped at the noticeable lack of a draconequus statue.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I had always thought that the holidays in Equestria coincided with their Earth equivalents, but hearts and hooves day sure doesn't. Turns out this was Luna and Discord's wedding anniversary.

It was a beautiful morning. Celestia always makes sure today is extra beautiful. It was a perfect day for what I had planned.

I made breakfast for Jynx, myself, and Mephisto. He hadn't taken Gray Fangs sword off since I gave it to him. He had it in a scabbard on his right shoulder.

We ate, and talked about things like molecular biology and genetics (something they know little of). It's a shame we can't have kids, being different species and all. I decided to ask Twilight about a spell to fix that sometime.

The two of us had the whole morning to spend together. We decided to go for a walk. As we talked about a new project she was working on, we took in the spring. It was warm but not hot. Birds were especially active, going back and forth caring for their families. Flowers grew everywhere, with bees happily going from one to the next.

We arrived at my hill. My, oh, so, favorite place in Ponyville. We sat there looking out over the quiet town. This was paradise, or at least as close as a place could be. I had to admit I still sometimes thought to myself that I’d wake up any moment in the hospital or something. It was too perfect.

'fuck it' I thought to myself, 'if it's just a coma dream I’ll enjoy every moment'

“I have something for you.” I said.

“Oh, a present for me? Sweet, what is it.” Jynx replied.

I walked over to the lone tree and reached into a hole for the gift I stashed there. I pulled it out.

“An eye patch?” she said confused.

“No, that's Pinkie's. She has those stashed all over... in case of eye patch emergencies.” I put it back and grabbed Jynx's gift, “Close your eyes.”

“If it's a prank I’m going to buck you in the nuts, just so you know.” she said.

“Jynx,” at her name she opened her eyes which grew as she saw me holding out a gold hoof ring with a large diamond embedded in it, “Will you marry me?” I asked.

She was stunned for a few seconds before she smiled, leaping into a hug, “YES... YESYESYESYES!!!”

I slid the ring on her hoof.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“What's wrong, Celi?” Luna asked as her sister burst into the hall.

Celestia kept running not hearing her. She had to make sure the Elements were safe.

She got to the vault and opened it. She levitated the box and opened it, seeing the warm, soft glow of the Elements of Harmony.

“Sister, what's the matter?” Luna followed her.

“Discord has broken free again.” Celestia answered.

Luna's eyes filled with tears, “No, not again. Oh my love.”

Celestia brought her little sister into a hug, “It's OK, I’m here for you.” Celestia hated how many times she had wronged her sister. Banishing her for a thousand years, imprisoning her husband in stone, and now she was going to have to do it again.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Twilight was once again studying the strange black orbs. Gray Fang had one in his pouch that Shiro recovered.

Zecora had determined the potion that Gil used was made from dragon blood and nightshade. Gil would have died even if Shiro didn't kill him.

By now she had resorted to just staring at the pair of enigmas, as if she could intimidate them into giving up their secrets. She could feel that she was close to a breakthrough, and she knew they were important.

A knock came at the front door. Twilight facehoofed. Why can't ponies understand what 'public' means.

“Come in.” she called.

“Hi Twilight.” said a gray pegasus.

“Hi, Derpy.” she replied.

“Here you go, a package.” she pulled out a small box and let the unicorn take it in her magic, “OK, see you later.”

“I wasn't expecting a package...” she thought as she opened the top.

Before she could loo inside she felt familiar magic. Chaos magic, and not the quirky good-natured kind like Shiro's.

“Discord!” she threw the box on her desk and ran out of the library to find her five friends.

The box tipped over and a small black orb rolled out and began to glow with the other two.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Jynx and I laid on the hill embracing one another. It was a moment I hoped wouldn't end... unfortunately all good thing must

“How sweet.” said a voice.

We sat up and looked for the source but saw nothing.

“Yoo hoo, up here.” we looked up and saw a pink cloud. It turned over to reveal a familiar face laying on the, now, underside of the thing.

“Discord? How did you get out?” I asked.

“Let's just say... time.” he said. I wasn't surprised he answered in a riddle.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“I've been watching you, little kitty cat.” he said, “another chaos mage after so long, and he's even from a different world. I had a friend from Earth you know.”

“Yea, Sato I know. You told me already.” I said.

“Ahh, so you already spoke to my essence in your sword. I would say mine, but Lulu gave it to you.” he sighed, “Oh, well. Any way where was I? Oh right. A little birdie told me some interesting things about you. Things you don't even know about yourself.”

I scoffed, “Like what?” why I asked I’ll never know.

“Like how to drive you mad like me.” he said with an evil grin.

He held out his lion paw. Jynx screamed as she was pulled towards him.

“Let her go!” I yelled.

“Aww, where's the fun in that?” he gave a fake pout, “Fine you want me to release her?”

“Yes.” I said.

“Very well. I’ll give her her release.” he put his talon to her throat and dragged it across, opening her arteries.

“NO!!!!” I screamed.

He through her at me and I caught her.

“There I released her.” he said.

I looked into Jynx's already lifeless eyes in horror. This couldn't be happening, it couldn't be real.

*Thump-thump*

Grief

*Thump-thump*

Regret

*Thump-thump*

anger

*Thump-thump*

Darkness

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Jynx watched as Shiro cradled the image of her from the bubble she was in floating above.

“I'm here, that's not me, you idiot.” she banged on the barrier trying to get his attention.

He looked up and screamed. Jynx's blood froze when she saw his face. A darkness was spreading from his eyes.

“Shiro! What's happening?” she said.

“He's going mad, like I did. Of course this is a little more dramatic.” Discord laughed... until the darkness started spreading to his chest, “This is wrong... this isn't maddness...” Discord's face became fearful when he felt the put hatred and malice oozing from Shiro, “No this isn't suppose to happen.”

He looked a Jynx with regret apparent in his face, “This wasn't suppose to happen, he lied to me! I’m sorry.” he released Jynx from her prison, “Run! Go find Twilight and the other Elements of Harmony. I'll hold him here.

She ran. Looking back only to see the one she loved, surrounded in an evil black aura, Pounce on the draconequus.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

deification meets oscillation. Sorry about the short chapter, but I felt this was the best place to stop. I rewrote this three times before I got this. The story will be in the third person for a while for obvious reasons.

PreviousChapters Next