• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 12,184 Views, 2,091 Comments

Chaotic Harmony - shirotora



A new friend teaches the girls what true chaos is

  • ...
93
 2,091
 12,184

PreviousChapters Next
Armageddon Part 7: When Hell Follows You Home

“It's alright, baby.” I said as I rubbed Jynx's back as she threw up, “Let it out.”

“What is wrong with you!” She said when she regained a little bit of her composure, “Give a girl a warning next time you're going to mutilate somepony. I couldn't even look away, I was just frozen.”

“Sorry babe.” I said sheepishly, “I guess I got a little carried away.”

“A little?” She said indignantly, “You ate his spleen while he was still alive!”

If that's what she brought up maybe she already suppressed the really bad stuff. I thought hopefully.

“Well he wasn't really a pony anymore, right.” I reasoned.

“I don't care that you did. I care that I SAW you do it.” She said, “Ya know what, let's drop it and pretend it didn't even happen.”

“Alright fine” I said, “Hay look Dash is waking up.”

“What a nightmare.” Said the colorful aviator as she looked at Jet sitting beside her, “Hay, hot flank... what happened?”

“You fainted.” Said the dragony.

“Oh goddess...” She moaned, “Don't tell anypony, please.”

“Your secret's safe with us, sugar cube.” Said Applejack. We all nodded in agreement.

“Alright everyone.” I said, “Let's get back to the battlefield. You guys are doing a great job defending this place, keep it up.”

We were about to head off when I heard a distant voice call my name. I looked around trying to figure out where it was coming from. A red spot in the sky grew larger and larger until I could make out the form of Phoenix.

“Shiro!” He said in a panic, “A large contingent of demons managed to break away from the fighting. About a thousand of them are heading this way. Celestia thinks there's something here they want but isn't sure what.”

“Thanks Phoenix.” I turned to look at my friends, “I guess the battlefield is coming to us. OK, Dash, Jet, Phoenix, we have a new objective. Whatever it is they want, they need it badly. If they didn't they wouldn't be coming here with so many and they'd be spreading out. If it's important to them, it's important to us. We're staying to help defend the town.

“Dash I need you to scout the enemy and give me a report on what we're facing here. Phoenix, go to the shelter and see if you can get any more volunteers. Jynx, go to the workshop and get anything we can use to fight with and bring it back, then start throwing together anything you can. AJ, Mac help me clear some of the debris from around here, and Jet, burn the bodies, we don't need them in our way. Roll out.” with a unified “yes sir” They took to their respective jobs.

Jynx arrived after a half an our with several containers and various prototypes. Most of our projects we help each other out with so I already knew what they all were and was thinking of ways to use them. I was in the middle of laying out my plans when Phoenix returned with the extra volunteers. Rarity, Octavia, Vinyl, Lyra, Bon Bon, Carrot Top, Berry Punch, and a few others.

So this is it? I thought to myself, twenty six against a thousand. We don't even have the advantage of choke point like Leonidas had at Thermopylae, but we have the odds. OK guerilla warfare it is.

“How many of you have any experience with combat?” I asked. Surprisingly they all raised their hooves, “OK, what kind.”

Octavia started, “I learned fencing from a few of the elitists I've played for, and have even took first place in several tournaments. Vinyl helps me practice and is quite good herself.”

“It's better than nothing, but competition is still just a game. Don't expect it to be the same. Lyra, how about you.”

“Uh... Well... I've learned a few combat spells in my time.” She said.

“From where?” I asked.

“Oh, here and there... you know, hehe.” She sounded like she was hiding something but it didn't matter.

“Bon Bon. You're up.”

“Eight years of Tie Ti.” She replied.

“OK, good. Have you ever had to use it?”

“On an overly frisky griffin in Filly.”

I went through the rest the same way. All of them had some basic form of self defense training as it was a mandatory class in high school. It made sense with a population who's death rate is as high as it is. Of the 19 volunteers the majority had something more than just that basic stuff. The mayor encouraged all the residents of town to study something on account of our location. The few that knew nothing past that basic stuff knew something that could translate easily enough into combat, so that wasn't such a problem.

“Are you sure you can do this?” I asked Rarity, “I know you're tougher than you look and all, but we're not just fighting them off, we're killing.”

“I understand, darling. While I don't wish to kill, I will NOT let these things touch the ones I care for.” She said, “Truth be told, I’ve been feeling terrible for not volunteering for the army. I have talents that could have helped, but I was too scared to leave Sweetie Bell alone.”

“You made the right choice, Rare. That's why Pinkie, Jynx, AJ, and Big Mac stayed. They all have somepony that depends on them.” I said, “Plus, we kind of need you here now anyway.”

“Shiro!” Dash yelled as she came in for a landing, giving me a salute, “The enemy is mostly made up of those evil monkey things, but there's also a lot of those miss matched things too. Worst of all though was that I'm pretty sure some of them were Vamponies.”

“Vamponies!?” Applejack said, overhearing the report, “Sweet Celestia... Shiro, ya said the dead was comin back ta life, right?”

Dash answered for me, “Yeah, I got to carve up Gil pretty good.”

“Gil? Really?” I asked to which she gave a nod, “That had to be fun.”

“It felt soooooo good.” She replied before returning to the topic at hand, “Why do you ask AJ?”

“Cause Ah got a bad feelin'.” Replied the farm pony, “Ah gotta get somethin.” With that she ran back toward her orchard.

“What's up with her?” Dash asked.

“She's a vampire hunter who's never had to fight a vampire. She probably needs to get some special gear.” I said, “Back to the reason you're here. What else was there?”

“A few trolls, and some resurrected ponies.” She said, “Why are they only coming here?”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, I flew a little around trying to find other groups, but that was the only one.” She clarified.

“I don't know, Dash.” I said as I grabbed a large bag full of various trinkets, “Come on, let's start preparing their welcome.”

****************************************

The next chapter might take a bit. It's going to follow a few different POVs, and as such, it will be longer than the past few. That combined with a busy work schedule and this damn cold, It might take a few days. Sorry in advance.

PreviousChapters Next