• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 12,160 Views, 2,091 Comments

Chaotic Harmony - shirotora



A new friend teaches the girls what true chaos is

  • ...
93
 2,091
 12,160

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38: Prophecies

June 14, 1005,

“Oh man you are so lucky!” Rainbow Dash shouted, “I've been trying to get Fluttershy to convince her grandmother to let me meet her for years. Why does she want to meet you?”

“That's an excellent question, Rainbow.” said Twilight, “Did Laalia tell you anything?”

Fluttershy shook her head, “She only said she wanted to speak to him.”

“Well from what Ah've heard of her ya don't wanna say no ta her.” chimed in Applejack.

“Did she say any of us can tag along?” Twilight said hopeful, “I'd love to ask her so many questions.”

Fluttershy shook her head, “I'm sorry.”

Everyone looked rather upset about being denied the opportunity.

“Alright, when do you want to go?” I asked.

“Um... tomorrow.” she said, “We won't be able to make it there and back before night and I don't want to be out there in the dark.”

“OK, tomorrow it is.” I said.

We all sat around talking about what's been going on all day. A lot of questions came my way about the mission. After a while I stood up.

“Well ladies, I think it's time for guys and girls nights. Wolfie, Big Bird, Red, shall we?” I said to Waya, Phoenix, and Big Mac.

“Alright.” “Hell yeah.” “Eeyep.” where their respective replies.

We left the ladies to whatever they do when we're not around, and went to get Steel. We all headed down to the Barn Door for a night of drinking and dickin' around.

After a few drinks Waya came up to me and asked a question I never thought he'd ask.

“Shiro?” he said getting my attention.

“Yeah buddy.” I responded.

“I need your advice.” he said, “You see... there is a mare I like.”

“Well way to go Wolfie, you hound.” I gave him a pat on the back.

“Well here's the thing.” he looked like he was trying to think of how to best word what he was trying to say, “I don't know how to ask her out.”

“Ah, I see. You want to know how.” he just nodded his answer, “Well I’ll tell you the best way. It's a secret passed down for generations. You walk up to her and... ask.”

He looked up at me with a confused look, “That's it?”

I smiled back at him, “That's it. Contrary to what you may have heard, the best way is to just ask.” I ordered the two of us another drink, “Who is she?”

“Somepony we both know.” he gave he a look that told me he wasn't going to say.

“I'm going to find out eventually.” I told him.

“Yes I know, but for now I want to keep it a secret.” he said.

“Fair enough.” I said before returning to my drink.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

June 15, 1005,

I followed Fluttershy over the Everfree forest to the mountain range in the distance. My bike easily kept pace with the pegasus. Her wings had gotten much stronger since she started getting the proper amount of meat in her diet. She would even come over at least once a week for dinner.

We landed not in a cave, but in a glade between two mountains. It was a beautiful place with flowers and a spring. The most amazing feature though was the large, powerful, gold scaled dragon in the middle singing to various animals. As we landed she turned to face us as the animals left.

“Ah, Kataya, you have returned with your friend.” said the ancient sun dragon.

She was a sight to behold. Her scales shimmered in the light of the noon sun, her eyes were a piercing emerald green that felt like the could see into my very soul, she had no horns of any kind but had a crest of gold feathers on the top of her head. She was rather small for a dragon (only about two stories tall), but sun dragons usually were. I was brought out of my trance by an elbow to my side.

“Oh, my apologies, I never thought I’d ever see such a magnificent sight.” I said, “No lac neviin, Laalia Enuta Tagal.” the greeting given to only the most respectable of dragons adding the title of “silver song”.

“No lac neviin, Shirotora Gods Bane.” she returned the greeting, acknowledging me as an equal, “I take it my little Kataya taught you the proper dragon etiquette.”

“Kataya?” I asked curious as to what that meant.

Fluttershy whispered, “It's my name. Kataya means Fluttershy in draconian.”

“Yes. I asked her to teach me, so I could show the proper respect.” I said, “You've helped to shape Equestria even more so than the princesses. At least that's what they told me.”

“Do you know what I want to speak to you about?” she went strait to the topic at hand.

“I would assume it has something to do with a vision.” I said.

“Yes.” she said, “I had a dream for you. It is one that honestly scares me.”

Fluttershy looked up at her grandmother with concern. I didn't blame her. I couldn't think of anything that could scare such a fearsome being.

She leaned down and glared at me, it took all my willpower to not run in fear, “You will speak of this to no one. Not your friends, not Celestia, not Luna, not even Kataya. Is this understood.”

“Yes...” I said with a manly squeak. What? She can swallow my ass whole.

Fluttershy walked off into the woods to give us our privacy.

“Come and hear what the ancestor spirits have spoken.”

Laalia stood tall and spread her wings wide. She closed her eyes and took a deep rumbling breath. When her eyes snapped open they were black as the void and she spoke in an echo of a hundred different voices from a hundred different directions.

A face of evil on an innocent child,

A prejudice anger shall be riled.

A once proud noble, in rage consumed,

Lashes out, a loved one doomed.

From the deepest fire the lovers emerge,

by bloody claws the black sun purged.

The gates of darkness shall be released,

The land of harmony overrun with beasts.

A shadow shall spread across the land,

a fate brought by thine own hand.

A goddess' sacrifice undone,

Unless four fires burn as one.

Fire burns, Wind doth blow,

Stone quakes, Water doth flow.

Gather these elements of ol',

to unite a fractured soul.

Light and shadow must meet inside,

else Equestria will die.

Her words echoed in my head as their possible meanings swirled. What did it mean? “A fate brought by thine own hand”. Was I going to be the cause of some terrible disaster? And what about the “black sun” could that refer to Celestia? She's the ruler of the sun. But the most terrifying part was “a loved one doomed”. Did that mean someone was going to die? God, I hope not.

Fluttershy came back into the glade and smiled at Laalia.

“Know this, Shirotora, these events are not inevitable. The future is ever changing.” said Laalia,”But never in my long life has any of my visions not come true. I pray you can be the first to defy fate and change yours. Corth ord ser han, Shirotora.”

“ Corth ord ser han, Laalia.” I returned the farewell of friends

“ Corth ord ena frath, Kataya.” Laalia gave her granddaughter the more intimate farewell of family.

“ Corth ord ena frath, grandmother.” replied the yellow and pink dragony as she nuzzled her grandmother.

“Oh hay, you should meet with Fluttershy's friends.” I recommended, “They've been wanting to meet you, and you would make them very happy if you did.”

“I will consider it.” she replied.

I hopped on my bike and flicked on the wings.

“YOL TOOR SHUL!” I hit the accelerator and took off into the sky playing “Flight of the Valkyries”.

Laalia looked at Fluttershy confused about to ask a question.

“Grandmother, sometimes it's best not to ask.” Fluttershy interrupted knowing what was about to be asked, “It's just Shiro being Shiro.”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I landed and parked in the garage. Fluttershy landed in the front yard shortly after. We walked in to be greeted by everyone except Pinkie and Phoenix. When I asked, Jynx said they were watching Razor as he played in the park.

“So what did she tell you?” Twilight asked.

“That I can't talk about what she said.” I told them, “Sorry.”

The others looked upset about that, but quickly perked up and asked other questions. Things like what's she like, or is she scary. After a few questions Pinkie, Phoenix, and Razor came back in.

“Sup, Pinks, Phee... god you're hard to find a nickname for.” I said, then I noticed a bandage on Pinkies hoof, “What happened to you?”

“What this?” Pinkie said holding up her injured hoof, “I guess Razor got hungry and tried to eat me.” she giggled.

I picked up my son and told him sternly, “You know better than that. You do not try to eat Pinkie.”

Phoenix chimed in, “Yeah, that's my job.” he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at the mare.

“Ooo.” Pinkie gave him a seductive look, “That sounds like a good idea. Let's go.” she grabbed him and ran out the door.

“HAVE FUN, BUDDY!” I yelled after the fiery pegasus.

“Shiro,” Waya said, “I want to thank you.”

“For what?” I asked.

“Your advice worked out for me.” he said, “I have a date, and she asked me to ask if you and Jynx would like to accompany us.”

“It sounds like fun. I want to find out who your mystery crush is, anyway.” I replied.

“We're going to Souffle's at noon.” he told me.

“See ya there.” I said.

We all went into the back yard for some fresh air when the Crusaders and Midnight came back from playing. Surprising they weren't covered in mystery goo this time.

“Shiro you're home.” Midnight ran up to me and gave me a hug, “Did you really get to meet a dragon?”

“Yeah, she was awesome. She was as tall as our house, with gold scales. She was scary but beautiful.” I told the colt.

“Yoohoo! Anypony home.” came a middle aged voice.

I opened the fence door to find Mayor Mare on the other side. I invited her in.

“I have some news for you and Jynx.” said the politician, “We received word from Clearbrook about Midnight. Their city hall kept backup records for the orphanage. Apparently he truly has no family. As such I have approved of your request for adoption. Congratulations you're now the parents of Midnight Star. You only need to fill out a few more forms.”

“Ohmygosh!” Jynx said “Did you hear that Midnight?”

“Does that mean you're going to be my mom and dad?” he said with joyful tears in his eyes.

“That's right kiddo.” I said.

His face lit up, looking back and fourth between Jynx and me, “Mom, Dad!” he said as he ran into our waiting embrace.

A gasp could be heard from everyone else around. We looked around and found ourselves to be sitting in a field of flowers that sprang from nowhere.

“D, Did I do that?” Midnight said.

“Yes,” I said, “Yes you did my little druid.”

I smiled as I noticed the image of a stone obelisk wrapped in vines appear on my new son's flank.

“Well, I think you'll be happy about that.” I said pointing to his new cutie mark.

“WOW!” he shouted, “I get a mom and dad AND my cutie mark on the same day. I wish every day was this good!” his face turned to one of confusion, “What's a druid?”

“We'll talk about that later.” I said, “Let's get to town hall and finish that paper work.”

Jynx giggled, “Oh my goddess. Shirotora dragging us TO town hall. Tartarus has officially frozen over.”


*****************************************************************************

Authors note: Ah foreshadowing, We meet again. But what does the prophecy mean? Give your best guess in the comments.

Also to make this story, and my writing skill better tell me, what are your favorite and least favorite scenes/concepts. What surprised you the most? Does anyone have any recommendations for improvement.

PreviousChapters Next