• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 12,181 Views, 2,091 Comments

Chaotic Harmony - shirotora



A new friend teaches the girls what true chaos is

  • ...
93
 2,091
 12,181

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: The Wolf in a Pony's Skin

September 10,

I was going to be starting college pretty soon. Pinkie was going to be busy for the next week or so, so she threw my “starting college party” early. We were all in the town concert hall.

Being Pinkie Pie she went all out. Streamers, balloons, booze. She even tried getting a stripper, but Jynx told her this would be the last party she ever threw if she did (That and Rarity didn't want to do it anyway). I didn't get why there would be strippers in a place where everyone's nude anyway. Meh, fuck it

The party was going great. Vinyl was tearin up a sweet beat. Jynx and AJ were discussing foal names. Big Mac, Steel, and I were have a a few shots . Dash (who hadn't touched alcohol since her little fit) and Pinkie were going around randomly pranking ponies. Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy were talking with a few other ponies in the corner.

The day had been perfect, so naturally something had to ruin it. Today's harbinger of ruin, a blue earth pony with a black mane. I had never seen him around before and seeing Pinkie looking at him with that “new friend” look, I knew he wasn't from around here.

Before she could approach him he called over the crowd, “I AM LOOKING FOR THE ONE CALLED SHIROTORA!”

Everyone in the building turned to look at the new comer.

“I'm Shiro, what cam I do ya for?” I said.

His answer kinda surprised me, “You killed my father. I’m here to avenge him.”

“What? What the hell are you ta...” he charged me before I could finish.

He leaped at me twisting into a spinning round house. I rolled out of the way and rose to my hind legs. If he wanted to fight then who am I to disappoint him.

“Yo, DJ.” I called to Vinyl, “Give us something to dance to.”

“Ohhh, yeeaahh.” she replied, and put on what could only be described as the most appropriate music ever

I just smiled at Vinyl's weird sense of humor.

The stallion struck with surprising speed and strength. I had to hand it to him, he had skill. We traded blows back and forth. He was out for blood. The look in his eyes told me that.

I on the other hand wanted answers. Why does he think I killed his father? Yeah, I killed some ponies but none of the stallions had a son his age, and they all lived in Ponyville. Who the hell was this guy?

I had never known a pony to fight as well as blue boy here, but I actually had to try. Even with my superior speed and strength, this guy was holding his own. This guy had experience fighting opponents like me. That much was obvious.

He charged at me again. I had enough of this. His punch was deflected by my left paw and my right went to his gut, sending him a few feet into the air. He landed like a sack of potatoes, gasping for air. This fight was over.

“Who the hell are you? And who's your father that I supposedly killed?” I asked.

After he caught his breath he answered, “My name is Dohi Waya. My father was Grey Fang.”

Fuck my life.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The party hall was deserted with the exception of the mane six, Jynx, Big Mac, myself, and what is one of the strangest things I’ve seen here. What I had thought was just an OC pony looking at me with murder in his colorless gray eyes. One who's story I had been following back on earth. That would mean that more than just Lauren Faust had a connection to this world.

We had him tied up with a rope that Pinkie produces from under a table. When asked why she had it there she said it was for “rope emergencies”.

“So, Dohi Waya,” I said, “Peaceful Wolf,” he looked surprised that I knew what his name meant, “Tell me how a pony can be the son of a werewolf? You do know you're a pony right?”

“Of course I know I’m a pony. I’m not an imbecile.” he snapped, “My father took me in. I had no one, I was orphaned, and he raised me as his own. He was a good father and you killed.”

“Yes, I did kill him, but it was only in self defense.” I told him, “He was hired to kill me. Did you know that? Him and two others attacked me and I was forced to kill them. I’m sorry for your loss, and if it's any consultation, I had often wished I could have met him under better circumstances. He was an honorable werewolf.”

“I did know.” he said, “but that doesn't change the fact that you killed him, and my family's honor has been tarnished. The only way I would be welcome back with the pack is if I kill you. It is the law, an eye for an eye.”

“An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.” I quoted, “Revenge will get you nothing. If you kill me you'll have my friends hunting you like an animal, and you still won't have your father back. What good will it do you?”

“I will return to my clan. They will protect me.” he said

I laughed, “Do you really believe that?” he looked at me confused, “Jynx here, my wife, killed an elder dragon. She removed it's head from existence. Applejack here is descended from a long like of vampire slayers. Pinkie can bend realty to her will. Fluttershy can kill with a look, literally. Rainbow Dash s one of the top martial arts experts. Twilight is a budding alicorn and one of the most powerful mages in Equestria. Last but not least that adorable ball of black fluff,” Waya flinched as a short sword touched his neck, “is Mephisto. You'll never see him coming.” the dog sheathed his weapon and joined us.

He looked at us in disbelief, “Is this true?” he asked, the look on his face when he looked at mine told me he got his answer, “get it over with then.”

“Get what over with?” I asked, “You think we're going to kill you? If you force me I will, but I hate violence. I’d rather avoid it at all cost.”

“Are all ponies of the same opinion?” he asked.

“Wow you really haven't been around ponies enough.” I said, “Not all think that way but the vast majority do.”

He sat there in thought for a minute, “I have always been an outcast in my clan. Not because I’m a pony but because I usually hate violence.”

“Could'a fooled me” snorted Dash earning a smack on the back of the head from Applejack.

“It is why my name is Dohi Waya. Being peaceful is almost unheard of among the wolf clans, and father saw it as a noble trait.”

“He was right.” I said.

“If you would allow, I would leave and never return.” he said.

“Or how about this,” I said, “you've been away from other ponies for a long time right? So why not stay here. Learn what it means to be a pony.” I got shocked looks from everyone but Jynx.

“You would invite me to stay?” he asked, “Why?”

“Fuck if I know.” if I had a device that could measure shock and confusion it would be OVER 9000!!! (had to do it)

Rainbow was the first to speak up, “Uh, Shiro you want the guy who tried to kill you to move into town, and you don't even know why?”

“That's about right.” I said, “My instincts are telling me it's a good thing to do. They haven't let me down yet.”

“Maybe you should get your instincts examined.” said Twilight.

“Maybe, but if I’m not not mistaken his honor won't let him stab me in the back. He'll challenge me in single combat. Am I right?” I asked.

“That is correct.” answered Waya.

“Then I’ll just have to kick your ass when you do.” I said as if I was talking about taking the dog out (which I don't have to do since he uses the toilet. Ya jelly?).

“I suppose if he wants to.” Twilight said.

He thought about it for a moment, “Very well. I will live here to learn about my own species, and to find a way to kill you.” he's definitely knows how to find the perks in a situation.

“Great, I’ll show you around.”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Sugarcube Corner is where most ponies go to satisfy their sweet tooth.” I said pointing to the tasty looking building, “You have to try Pinkie's 'super ultra strawberry pie filled cake'. It's the greatest thing in the world.”

“The bestest!” Pinkie said popping out of a mail box.

He started asking the inevitable question, “How does she...”

“Don't,” I interrupted him, “trust me. If you try to understand Pinkie Pie your brain will melt and drip out from your nose.”

He raised an eyebrow but didn't pursue the subject.

“You are... not what I expected.” he said, “You do not act like the warriors in my pack.”

“That's because I’m not a warrior. Yeah I fight, but only to protect myself and others. I’m just trying to live my life with those I love.”

“In my pack it is customary to take a trophy from your felled opponents. Do you have a similar custom?” Waya asked.

“Yes I do actually.” I answered, “It's not a pony custom though. My ancestors, the Norris, did it. I do it to honor and remember those I’ve killed.”

“Did you take a trophy from my father.” he asked.

“I did. His amulet.” I said truthfully, “He was the one opponent I truly respected.”

“May I see it?” he asked.

I nodded and turned toward home, “This way.”

We arrived at my home after a brief walk. Jynx glared at Waya but didn't say anything. I went to my trophy (or as Dash likes to call it, my dead room) room and walked in. He looked around in fascination.

“Your fathers amulet in on the wall over there.” I said pointing toward my equipment.

He looked at it, closed his eyes and said something I didn't understand. I guessed it was in whatever language is used by werewolves, which if my assumption is correct is the same as the Tsalagi language back on earth (That's the Cherokee language if you don't know).

“You can take it if you wish.” I told him.

“I will take it after I’ve killed you.” he's such a fun guy, “Would you tell me the tales of these?”

“OK, I’ll start with the barghest.” I held up the tooth and began with the stories of each of my trophies.

I came to my newest pieces. The wyvern's sting, “So I let it eat me and killed it from the inside. I got the idea from a story about a dragon slaying griffin. And my last, and greatest victory.” I held up my prize.

“A unicorn's horn?” Waya asked.

“Nope, an alicorn's horn. Chronos, the tyrant king.” I said.

His eyes widened, “You defeated a god?”

“Yes.” I said and told him that story as well.

He slumped to the ground, “I'll never see my pack again. How can I kill one who has spilled the blood of a divine.”

“Aw, buck up, Wolfie.” I said. He didn't like the nick name but too bad, “I only won because of Celestia, and I don't even have that power anymore.”

He perked up at that.

“Then I WILL find a way to kill you and restore my honor.” he said.

“That's the spirit.” I said, “Come on. We need to find you a place to stay. I’d let you stay here but I think Jynx would kill me and then where would you be?”

“You are a strange being, Shirotora.” said the pony-wolf, “You either do not take me seriously or you are truly insane.”

“Oh, he's insane.” Jynx finally spoke.

“You know you love it.” I said.

Waya sighed, “This whole town is crazy”



Author's note: Dohi Waya is from the story Memories by HuskSummers.

PreviousChapters Next