• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 12,188 Views, 2,091 Comments

Chaotic Harmony - shirotora



A new friend teaches the girls what true chaos is

  • ...
93
 2,091
 12,188

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: Taco Night

January 3,

Jynx walked through town humming a tune to herself. She decided to get some shopping done while Shiro was at work. Her first stop was the blacksmith's to get some things for her flying machine. Then Rarity's to get some ribbon. Finally to Sugarcube Corner to get some sweets for her sweet.

“The rest of what you need should be done in about two days.” said Steel Forge.

“Thanks, Steel.” she said.

She tucked the rivets away in her saddlebags, waved good bye to metal master, and trotted off to the Carousel Boutique.

The ringing bell alerted the fashionista to company, “Welcome to Carousel... oh, Jynx come in.” she said, “What brings you to my little shop.”

“Hello, Rarity, I was needing to pick up some ribbons for my mane and tail. Something to braid into them.”

“Oh, dolling yourself up for, Shiro. You really are smitten by him aren't you.” she said.

Jynx sighed with a dreamy smile on her face, “Yea, I am. How could I not be. He's kind, caring, funny, mysterious, strong,... and gentle.”

Rarity looked at the researcher in her shop, studying her for a moment before gasping, “Oh my, you didn't.” Jynx blushed deeply, “You did. Congratulations... so how was he?”

“Rarity!” her blush deepened, “That's not just something you ask... he was amazing, of course I don't have anything to compare him to.”

“You were a virgin!?” Rarity was shocked by that, “But a mare like you must have had stallions throwing themselves at you.”

“There were a few, but I was engaged in school and after that research. I never had time.” said Jynx.

“Well what changed?” Rarity's inner gossip had full control now.

“I should have died, that's what.” Jynx rubbed the scar on her side, “When I was laying there with that pipe through me I couldn't help thinking about all the regrets I had. On the top of that list was never letting myself find love. I realized life is too short and unpredictable to put off your own happiness. After all it only takes an instant to loose everything.”

“I never thought of that.” Rarity said as she appeared deep in thought.

“I had to almost die before I figured it out.” Jynx said.

“Ah, how's this one, a nice azure to match, Shiro's eyes.” Rarity pulled out a length of light blue ribbon.

“It's perfect, I'll take six.” Jynx said, “Thank you, Rarity.”

“Do come visit, sometime.” Rarity called as Jynx left, “And tell me the details next time.”

She got to Sugarcube Corner just as Pinkie was was going on break.

“Hay, Jynx, I’m just going to lunch, you want to join me?” asked the hyper pink pony.

“Sure, I could use a bite.” replied the brown scientist.

They walked together for a moment before Pinkie broke the silence.

“Somepony's got a bounce in their step.” she said, “What's got you so happy? Was it a cupcake? I love cupcakes. Especially with hot sauce.”

“No Pinkie, it's just a nice day.” Jynx said.

Pinkie just replied, “Ooooh, you and Shiro had sex, OK.”

“What the hell!? Is it that obvious?” asked Jynx.

“No, I just know these things.” Pinkie said.

They sat at the cafe waiting to have their order taken.

“Hello ladies, may I take your order.” said a pony in a tux.

Jynx didn't even need to look at the menu, “I'll have the lasagna.”

“Yummy, that sounds good, but I’ll get the lily and cheese tacos” said Pinkie, “How does a carnivore make such good vegetarian food?”

“First of all, he's not really a carnivore, he's an omnivore, and he told me he use to make extra money by cooking for coworkers, one was vegetarian.” Jynx told her.

The two mares made small talk until their food arrived.

“That looks good.” Jynx said, “I'll have to order that next time.”

“Why don't I make it for you tonight?” Jynx turned to see Shiro come up next to her.

She leaned over and gave him a kiss, “Hay there, sexy.” she said.

“That's my line.” said her lover, “Can't stay long. You want that for dinner?”

“Sure if you feel like it.” Jynx said.

“Alright, I’ll get the stuff for it on my way home. Gotta go.” he gave her another kiss before heading back to the kitchen.

“Daww, you two are so cute together.” Pinkie said.

“Thanks, Pinkie.”

The two friends finished and went back to Sugarcube Corner. Jynx got her package and bid Pinkie farewell.

“I'll be sure to trow you two a congratulations party.” Pinkie called out as Jynx left.

Jynx turned toward home, humming again.

She was about half way when a voice stopped her, “Letter for you Jynx.”

“Thank you, Derpy.” She said

“Sorry, I was suppose to get that to you three days ago but I couldn't find you.” said the friendly mailmare.

“That's OK.” she said while reading the letter, “I was in Canterlot with... my... friends... sweet baby Luna.” Jynx's eyes widened and she took off for home.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I slid Piercing Light into the strap on my back, “See ya tomorrow, boss man.” I said to Souffle.

I went towards the market to get some ingredients for dinner. Of course I would need something other than flowers for my own. I guessed griffin tacos would be good enough.

I was about to get the lilies when my scar started burning.

“Damn it, more bullshit.” I said.

“I didn't do anything!” said an angry bull.

“It's just a saying where I’m from.” I said and took off in the direction I felt myself being drawn.

About three minutes later I heard screaming. Two ponies were running from a manticore. One, a pegasus, had blood on her wing. The other a unicorns was trying to through things behind him trying to slow their pursuer.

The two ponies saw me approaching and skidded to a halt. I leaped over them drawing my sword and slashing out at the deadly tail inches from it's target. It reared back howling in pain from the deep gash

“Run! Get to town!” I called to them.

They stared in confusion for a few seconds before taking the opportunity to flee.

Seeing it's meal get away the creature glared at me and charged. I snapped my fingers.

WHAM!!!

A plate of solid steel, now with an imprint of the monsters face, stood between us.

The manticore regained his balance and prepared to charge me again. I really didn't want to kill if I didn't have to so I tried to intimidate it. I formed a pair of chaos fire wings that were five times my size while roaring a jet of flame. It worked.

Now that I established this as my territory it shouldn't return, but if it did I would kill it. Hopefully it won't come to that.

I went back to town to finish my shopping. I looked around for the couple that I helped but didn't see them. I guessed that meant they were safe at the hospital or somewhere where the mare could get treatment.

I got the seasonings, lilies, veggies, and other things I needed before heading home.

I walked it to see Jynx cleaning the bedroom like a mad woman. I thought it best to let her work and start on dinner.

I went to my room to get a chunk of meat for my own taco's. After grinding it up I placed it and some seasonings in one pan and the flowers and some seasonings in another. After a few minutes of cooking I heard Jynx running over.

“The house is on fire!” she ran into the kitchen, “Oh, Shiro, when did you come in? Never mind, I got news.”

There was a knock at the door.

“Oh, their here.” she ran to open the door.

“Jynx, honey, we've missed you.” said an older masculine voice.

“I've missed you too.” Jynx replied, “Hay, Shiro, I want you to meet, Kitakaze and Stone, my parents.”

I poked my head out to say hi and found myself staring at four eyes that stared back.

All tree of us had the same thought, “You.” it was the couple that was being chased by the manticore. Talk about good first impressions

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I managed to get my head together enough to finish diner. I served Jynx and her parents before sitting down with my own food.

I was finally able to get a good look at them. Stone was a cyan unicorn with a red mane and tail, and green eyes. His cutie mark was a rock and hammer. Kitakaze was a light gray pegasus with a black mane and tail, and magenta eyes. Her cutie mark was a snowflake in the wind.

“Tell us a little about yourself, Mr. Tora.” Stone asked.

“Please call me Shiro. What's to say?” I started, “I’m from an alternate dimension where people have the ability to 'see' into others. No one realizes that's what they're doing, though. They just think they're making it up. We've even seen into Equestria, and have stories about ponies, griffins, dragons, and so on. Of course not everything is accurate, but hay, I’m learning.” I took a bite of my taco.

“Now you're a chaos mage being studied by my daughter, and saving ponies in your spare time.” Stone finished for me.

“Pretty much.” I said.

“Is there more?” Kitakaze asked.

Jynx answered, “Actually, mom, dad, there is one other thing you should know.” They looked at her expectantly, “Shiro and I are together.”

Their eyes shifted from her to me and back.

Stone remembered how to speak, “When you say 'together'... you mean together together?” Jynx and I nodded, “It's a good thing I’m sitting down.”

Kitakaze spoke next, “Are you crazy!? No offense Mr. Tora, but predators and ponies just don't mix well. Remember what happened to your sister?”

“That was completely different, mom. Gil was a Flank hole, Shiro's not.” Jynx argued.

Stone glowered, “I swear if I ever find that guy I'll grind him up into cat food!”

I looked at my taco and over to Jynx... she got it. I chuckled a little.

“You find my daughter getting hurt funny?!” Stone asked.

“No sir I don't.” I said, “You don't know what happened yesterday do you?”

They looked at me questioningly. I told them about how Gil returned and kidnapped Dash. How I fought him and beat him. By the time I finished they were staring wide eyed at me.

Stone asked, “What happened to Gil?”

I snickered, “That's what I found so funny.” I took another bit of my taco

I could see the gears turning...ding, light bulb clicked. He looked at me, then my food, “I hope you cooked that thoroughly.” he said flatly.

“Yes sir” I said.

“How do we know you wont try to hurt out daughter?” Stone asked

I showed him the scar on my paw, “I made an oath after I failed to act to save the life of a pony that was important to a friend of mine. I swore that I would never again stand by and do nothing when I could save the life of an innocent.”

“That's very noble, but I still have my doubts.” he said.

“I expect you to. You're her father after all, but I love your daughter. I’ll put your mind at ease somehow, I promise you that.” I assured him.

He nodded, “I'll allow it, but I’m watching you.”

“That was delicious, Shiro.” Jynx said as she took everyone's plates, “You three talk, I’ll clean up.”

Stone watched with a smile as his daughter retrieved his plate, but gasped as he saw the scar on her side.

“What happened there? When did you get hurt?” he said.

“Oh, that happened in Canterlot. There was an accident and I kinda got impaled by a pole.” she said and quickly added, “But it's OK, Shiro saved me. He healed me. It was actually the second time he saved my life. When we first met I crashed in the Everfree Forest. He fought off an entire pack of wolves and carried me out.”

“You saved my daughters three times.” Stone said, “I'm glad my daughter has such a selfless male in her life.”

“Thank you sir.” I said.

I looked over and saw Kitakaze staring at Jynx's flank. I realized the marks from my claws were still there from last night's 'activities'. She looked over at me and glared.

“Jynx, may I talk to you... privately.” she said. She started speaking neighponese, “(how did you get those marks on your flank?)”

“(Mom, I don't think...)” Jynx tried to speak.

“(You slept with him already didn't you?)” I looked at Stone to see what his reaction was to his wife's statement, but he didn't react

“(Mom! That's none of your business, but if you must know, yes I did.)” Jynx confessed.

I was starting to get scared, but apparently Stone never learned to speak his wife's native language. I thought that was kind of messed up, but there might have been a reason so I didn't judge.

“(You just met him a couple of weeks ago. Why would you do that? You should have at least waited until you got to know him a little better.)” Kitakaze said, “(How do you know he's not just using you?)”

I answered that one myself, “(Because I was always taught to respect females. I would never use ANY female. Males that do are worthless)” both Stone and Kitakaze looked at me wide eyed.

“My name IS Shirotora.” I said

Kitakaze facehoofed.

“How do you know Neighponese?” she asked

“It's the exact same as Japanese. I spent some time in Japan when I was in the Navy.” I explained, “I'm surprised you don't know Neighponese.”

“I tried to learn it, but it just never stuck.” Said Stone, “I know a few words.”

“Shiro!” Jynx said, “I just had a great idea. Let's have dad look at the pearl. He's one of the top geologists in Equestria.”

“Ha, what do you mean 'one of' you're looking at the best geologist in Equestria.” so that's where Dash got it.

PreviousChapters Next