• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 3,509 Views, 159 Comments

Button's Date With Silver Spoon - TheOneAJ



I'm on a date with the 2nd most popular girl in school, and I don't want to be.

  • ...
12
 159
 3,509

The End

THE END

Author's Note:

So yeah, now this really is the end of Button's date with Silver Spoon...

on Fim fiction anyways with the editing all done
don't forget, Gordo Mash is still doing an audio drama soon and, i plan tomake some changes in the fan fic verson, including a proper epilogue there.
Although, thanks again for everyone who's stuck around this long, a big thanks to my pre-readers, I'm humbled for those of you who plan to keep following me and this story, then I am very. honored. However, even for the rest of you, who just read, commented, liked, and heck, even disliked, you made this a pleasure to actually get this done.
For that, while I have no plans on a sequel (you got that in a way when I deiced to tell what happened after the first date) I may come back one day and do something with what all the other characters were doing/went through in this story, cause i heard a lot of people ask me if I was going to go into more detail with this stories Diamond Tiara and her family, how Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo meet/feel in love, what Silver Spoon went through as she started to fall for Button, how Lily and Diamond went down, ect...
I can't promise in the near future, only because I have lot planed in the coming months on youtube and wanting to get back to Silver Life and Elsa's Snowdrop, but by all means, if you want to write your own fic based on the events surrounding the story, by all means, go ahead, just let me know so i can read them and i might even offer my own services to help with some story structure and editing ;)
Again, for those of you who this will be it then (please don't go :pinkiesad2:)
but seriously, whether or not you stick around, thank you again for reading, hope it was worth your time to read, and I hope to make much more material worthy of your time in the future.

Comments ( 30 )

Many thanks to you too.
I had a good time working with you one this and I look forward to what you have in store next.

It was my pleasure, I enjoyed working on it, as I said before.
6881821 did you forget about me? :D

6882004
6881821
same for what you two have planed, may i temp you to take one of the idea's i have for this fic as your own?

6882004 After all the interresting comments I have read from you, I don´t think I will ever forget you Zephyr. :pinkiesmile:
I had a great time editing with you.

This story helped me get through a hard time in my life. Thanks a lot AJ!

Good story, I liked it.

6883232
Maybe, but will be awhile

6891942 happy to entertain

6886751 oh? Well, sorry to hear that but happy to help

I say that I read this because the pairing of Button Mash and Silver Spoon was so unusual that I just had to see how that worked out. At first I was a little turned off by some of the high school melodrama that as I approach my late-20s I don't miss in the slightest, but then it took a direction that I did not expect and I will always remember that scene where Silver and Button have their first date and just lay it all out in the open and I am on the edge of my seat wondering if this is going to work out for them or blow up in their faces at they get some ugly matters out of the way. Also I have never read a story from the perspective of a demi-sexual. Also I had no idea what that even was before reading this and I've done some reading on the subject to be better informed.

I do still have some criticisms but you took on topics of sexuality with more maturity than most and you made me do some serious thinking and introduced me to a new pairing that I hope to see more of in the future from you and other writers. It's sad to see it end, but it was a good story and thank you for writing it.

6892132 It's fine now, and thanks again for this awesome story.

6899975 sorry i couldn't fully please, but happy you still enjoyed this story. And i always enjoy hearing the details of what a fan enjoyed ^^

6904836 The problems are very minimal. Most just some eyerolling high school drama, especially Tray and that is just my personal tastes, it's definitely not a plot hole that sinks the entire story or really even hurt it. What you did well was writing Button as a character and I was completely enthralled by how you wrote him and how his relationship with Silver Spoon was formed. That first date with Silver Spoon is one of my favorite chapters of any fanfiction on this site. So don't let me get you down, you did a damn good job.

Why was this added to the Printed Fiction Hardcopies group ? I did see blogthings about an audio book but afaik that group is solely for tangible, it-comes-in-the-mail-and-you-can-literally-touch-it-ohgod, printed fiction.

6946120 was hoping to adopt this to something RL

This may be my favorite fanfiction. This was a pleasure to read and I will remember this story forever:yay:

7040507 just making sure my stories are worth your time, even if they're under 100 likes

Some stuff slipped by editors in this version, but other than that it's a very nice story-one that deserves more attention. Hope you're enjoying the realistic adaptation journey.

Does this story have a Asperger/Autistic ?

7487885 that be button

Love it, read it over and over, never gets old. Though, word to the wise, spell check is your best friend. At one point in the story, it said that Diamond Tiara and Lily made a powerful duo in keeping the bully issue at a minimum, Diamond with her influence, and Lily with her muscles. Except it was spelled mussels. And all I could imagine was her throwing clam variants at terminal velocity at people who were hassling other students. Funny image, but still, one of my pet peeves. Otherwise, one of the best stories I've ever read, since I'm able to relate to the person that you wrote Butto to be.

7492552 sadly, spell check isn't mine -_-
Though glad you think so highly of the rest of it

Comment posted by MJP deleted Oct 31st, 2019

Overall this was one of the best stories I've read. Someone should totally do a fanfic reading, fanart, comic, and/or audio drama of this.

Quick question for ajvasquezbrony28, since Scootabelle is one of the pairings in the story, are you a Scootabelle shipper?

8582502
Yes ^^’
and if you know anyone who would go nutts and ask :3

8582641
I'm a Scootabelle shipper too. I was wondering. How did you become a Scootabelle shipper?

I became one when i read these two fanfics

https://www.wattpad.com/story/79843992-scootabelle-fireflies

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/8170/new-discoveries

I thought to myself, hey, maybe I should write one too. I am currently working on one with the person who wrote the fanfic on the bottom.

8925497
Oh ok
Well I really enjoyed it

8925959
I’m sorry, lad. Sometimes, it’s better to end on a high note than force out a squeal (see any Hollywood squeal) Though your welcome to write your own, and been greatful you took the time to say you enjoyed:3

8926716
Ok I may write my own idk for sure tho

Speaking as autistic person, I find this to be a superb rendition of people on the spectrum. Thanks for an excellent read.

Login or register to comment