• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,712 Views, 104 Comments

Aftermath Bliss - Zither



After an unlikely encounter with the same person, Daemon lends a hand to a certain yellow fuzzball of a siren.

  • ...
9
 104
 1,712

The Siren and The Spectre

It was Lunch time for the group, sadly Sandal and Chips had different schedules so they weren't present meaning it was only the new guys and the sirens. Daemon took a glance at the place, it would be a while that he last stayed to eat here as he would originally avoid the lunchroom because of Sunset since he sat by himself resulting in him getting picked on.

"So pretty great spot we found ourselves huh, ironic how we end up at the dimly lit corner table." stated Daemon as he took a seat. They all sat opposite of each other with the guys on one side and the sirens at the other, Sonata had her head down while Aria looked agitated and Adagio was concerned for her sister.

"Do you always have to state the obvious?" mentioned Warhawk, he had his arms closed as he turned to Daemon.

"Sorry, kinda not so used to interacting with such a big group anymore you know, I've only ever hung out with Sandal or Chips nowadays so I feel the need to make myself present I guess." stated Daemon, he eyed his arm which needed some repairs. The newly paired group felt a sort of tension as neither spoke after.

"So what's new, why are you mad Twin-Tail?" asked Artemis as he noted Aria's angered state. She snarled at him at upon hearing that nickname.

"Tread carefully unless you want to end up in a grave," warned Adagio, "She's been like that ever since they sent Sonata this."

Showing them the note, they understood the situation and Sonata's saddened state.

"Once I find out who wrote that note I swear I'll sock that idiot." hissed Aria, true enough a sudden commotion occurred from the Sirens appearance in the cafeteria as someone approached them.

"Okay I don't know if you guys are stupid or something but that bitch and her sisters are not human, so unless you don't want to be targeted you best fuck off!" yelled a student at the group, they all stood up and turned to the voice.

"Woah, listen here jackass, I don't know about you but I'm the smartest person in this group, as well as school so if anybody's stupid it's probably the one wearing his shirt on backwards." Retorted Daemon with a smug grin, he noted the tag appearing out of the guy neck as he looked down and grit his teeth.

"You asked for it!" Yelled the student angrily, embarrassed over Daemon's comment and threw a closed milk carton at his face. The full force of the carton knocked him down to the ground resulting in his cut lip and nose to begin bleeding while his glasses flew elsewhere. Artemis went to Daemon and helped him up while Warhawk stood menacingly against the shorter student yet this didn't dissuade him for what he would say.

"What are you approaching me for, I'm trying to warn you about those whor-" stated the Student before being cut off.

"Don't you even dare finish that sentence!" yelled Artemis, he was already angered at this guys ignorance so hearing him spew out anymore was gonna be a problem.

"I thought I made my message loud and clear to you with that note I gave you, you three shouldn't even be here!" Continued the student, Aria's eyes lit up upon hearing that statement while Warhawk tugged on the guys shirt about to give him a piece of his mind before she pushed him aside and punched the guy so hard he literally flew back onto the trash bin, she then proceeded to push the bin and rammed it onto the wall resulting in everyone's shocked and surprised look.

"You all better to listen to this because I'm not going to repeat myself, we do not care if you like us or not, we aren't here to be your friends so if anything like this happens again I will not hesitate to leave you like him." stated Aria, Sonata who got a bit scared from the confrontation walked up to Aria before being pulled away and out of the cafeteria only to be stopped by Celestia who had witnessed her little speech after hearing all the commotion and took them with her. Luna on the other hand took Daemon to the infirmary with Adagio following leaving Warhawk and Artemis behind.

"Stay still or I'm gonna end up hurting you." said Luna as she wiped off the blood from his face before giving him the napkin to cover his nose. "Well now that we're here I'm going to have to leave, I have to check on my sister but I'll come back later to check on you."

"Well that fucking stings and who knows where my glasses are even at again, do you think it's gonna leave a scar?" groaned Daemon as he held paper to his nose. For some reason the nurse was missing so Daemon tossed the bloody tissue to the bin and proceeded to hold another one to his nose while Adagio simply leaned against the doorway.

After the Dazzlings had settled in Canterlot once more they began receiving looks as well as whispering behind their backs, of course they were not surprised and expected this although to be fair Sonata was the only one trying to be friendly with the other students while Adagio paid no mind to the ignorant masses and Aria simply glared daggers which did enough to scare them. Later in the day they found out about a note Sonata received which had left her distraught and not in the mood to socialize much.

"You know I was surprised with Aria, sure I knew she was strong but like damn I was expecting Warhawk to be the one to hit that idiot." stated Daemon, he touched his cut lip and winced a bit.

"Aria may not be upfront about it but she's overprotective of Sonata, they may argue with one another but should anything happen to her well let's just say it doesn't end well as you can see." Mentioned Adagio, she let slip out a genuine smile as she recalled a particular memory.

"Well at least the situation was brought into the attention of Celestia so they'll both get detention although something tells me that idiot won't be doing something like that again." Said Daemon, now that his nose stopped bleeding his went to the sink to rinse off the dried blood from his hands and face.

It stayed silent in the infirmary before two familiar faces barged in the room, both Sandal and Chips had worried faces as they breathed in heavily.

"Jesus Daemon we heard what happened, I would ask if you're alright but it doesn't seem like it." pointed out Sandal as he looked closely.

"You could infact say it's an improvement." commented Adagio with a grin, Daemon simply chuckled.

"Shouldn't you guys be in class?" asked Daemon since the period hadn't ended.

"Oh yeah it was pretty hard getting out of class but we managed although we're gonna have to go back in a bit." stated Chips, they chatted up for a bit before going back to their respective classes leaving Adagio and Daemon by themselves once more.

"Well I feel less like shit but still hurting, guess that's what I get for speaking up." grumbled Daemon, he was tired having not sleep well at all these past few weeks resulting in the darkened circles in his eyes. The bell suddenly rang startling the two before acknowledging the period was over.

Having to take Government and Economics proved to be tiring for Daemon, he was seated in the third row with Warhawk behind him, Sonata to his right, Artemis in front of Sonata, Adagio in front of him and Aria next to her. Sonata's mood has lightened up a bit but she still seemed down while Aria seemed to have cooled off having been sleeping for the past few minutes. After aimlessly looking around he found himself staring at Adagio's hairs which laid on his desk and noted how poofy and grand it was, sure enough Adagio was shorter than him but that still didn't help over the fact that her hair was everywhere and blocking his vision. Suddenly an idea occurred to him, he waved towards Sonata catching her attention and motioned for her to keep watching as he suddenly started sticking pencils, pens, erasers and whatever else was found in his bag in her hair.

Soon enough Adagio's magical hair held Daemon's entire backpack, Sonata on the other hand was barely containing her laughter as she watched the whole thing unfold in front of her before bursting out in the middle of class and something about that laugh was so infectious that Daemon's grin soon was replaced with him laughing earning the confused looks of everyone in class until only the kids in the back noticed what happened and turned away giggling while everyone else ignored it and continued on. Adagio felt relieved to see Sonata back to her old self although she had no clue she was the cause.

"Wraithe! Dusk! Any other outburst like that and I'll throw you out." stated Cranky Doodle, Daemon simply waved him off and grinned while Sonata covered her mouth. Once things settled down Sonata's mood lit up and she was no longer feeling down while Daemon sat back and continued looking aimlessly once more unaware what the outcome would be over his little stunt once a certain cheese puff finds out.


"And so guys, that it how I ended up getting hit twice in one day." explained Daemon grinning with a noticeable red hand mark on his face as he sat down, he had the tendency to get up and use a lot of hand gestures when retelling stories which made it easier to captivate people into hearing. Sandal simply shook his head while Chips was dying bumping into Sandal. "Anyways my throat is parched so I'll be back."

As he came back from drinking water he overheard some commotion occurring back in the room.

"What do you mean you don't know where he is, this is obviously his bag do don't play games with me." demanded Adagio, unbeknownst to her Daemon stood at the doorway spooked and met eyes with Sandal and Chips who were being interrogated and in his own way gave his sympathies as he shrugged. Slowly making his way into the room he inch ever so as Adagio looked away from his bag and was nearly about to grab it and make a run for it before he stopped dead at his tracks.

"Daemon what are you doing?" asked Sunset as she approached the room, Daemon winced upon hearing his name and saw as Adagio slowly turned her head and a mischievous look in her took place. "Oh Adagio what a coincidence I was told by Celestia to get both of you as well so would you follow me."

"Sure," replied Adagio turning to Daemon with a devilish smile, "Well then Daemon, shall we go?" Looking back at Sandal and Chips they returned Daemon's sympathy and shrugged. Sighing he grabbed his back as he felt Adagio's eyes piercing his back and shuddered.

"Hey can you guys check on my laptop, its charging for a bit over there in the meantime?" asked Daemon as he slung his bag over his shoulder, his friends nodded and he was off.

"So Adagio how are you feeling?" asked Sunset concerned for the Siren's current situation.

"Much better than our last encounter, that's for sure." Replied Adagio with a bit of distaste in her tone, he averted her eyes from her.

"Sorry about that, I'm also sorry to hear about your sister, Celestia made it clear that anymore problems like that would result in that student's suspension." Mentioned Sunset, while the student was held responsible Aria was still given a light punishment.

"We'll deal with our own problems, we always do." stated Adagio bluntly dropping the subject completely so Sunset turned her attention to Daemon who tried his best to not be involved the conversation.

"What about you Daemon, how's your face?" asked Sunset motioning his injuries, Daemon quirked up at his name and answered.

"Well my face hurts so that's a start but nothing that can ruin this ugly mug already, in fact fuzzball right here finds me much more attractive with these scratches." jested Daemon as Adagio turned and gave him a dirty look as she grinned in annoyance.

"Hmm cute." said Adagio annoyed, Daemon merely chuckled as Sunset gave a slight smile.

"Well to be serious yeah I'm fine, nothing too bad. Regardless what does Celestia want with us?" asked Daemon, he kinda had an idea of what it was gonna be about but wanted to be sure.

"Just to confirm what I told you in her own way I guess?" Responded Sunset unsure, Daemon groaned as they neared the office while unknown to him his laptop began giving alerts. Sandal jumped up as he read his book while Chips merely turned around from the sudden noise, they both gave themselves confused looks and opened up his laptop but noted that it was locked so they gave up trying as Daemon modified his laptop to basically be unbreakable in terms of security. Pretty soon the noise was getting the best of them, especially Sandal who could not concentrate on his book soon got out a hammer and was close to smashing the laptop has it not been for Sandal holding him back until Daemon interrupted them with a confused look.

"The hell are you guys doing?!" exclaimed Daemon as he clutched his laptop, he put it down elsewhere and looked towards them.

"Your laptop has been blaring that noise for the past 10 minutes!" yelled Sandal, Daemon simply looked at Sandal with a straight face and muted the laptop with a simple command and sat down in disbelief.

"I swear you guys like to complicate the simplest things." replied Daemon before logging onto his laptop, he looked at the new messages and frowned. "Well gents it seems that I'm getting more frequency pickups from the Everfree Forest, I think it's time we go back to that closed off area to check out those books we never got the chance to read."

"I don't know Daemon, we've had a lot of weird shit happening every time we go back down there so I think there's a reason it was sealed off." Mentioned Chips, Daemon pondered the thought and slumped on his seat.

"Well I guess you're right, but I don't know with the appearance of whatever Sunset was and the Sirens it makes you wonder if there's a connection between this." Explained Daemon, he put some more thought into it before he received a notification on his phone which was still his broken flip phone.

"You should really upgrade your phone like seriously what is that even?" Questioned Sandal, Daemon shrugged it off.

"Yeah I guess you're right, it may be time for an upgrade and this might clear my head for a bit considering my boss just told me we're off work for the week due to renovations." Mentioned Daemon, suddenly Adagio showed up after being left back to talk with Celestia.

"Ah you're back well I gotta go fuzzball regardless since my time here is done." Stated Daemon, he'd packed up his things before she grabbed his arm and gave him an annoyed look.

"You're acting like I don't know where to find you later, maybe I'll have you pay for my food this time." Expressed Adagio as she gave a menacing smile.

"Ah well see sorry to ruin your fun but the place is closed for the week so it seems like you're gonna have to find a new target." Mentioned Daemon as he booped her forehead, she growled and grasped his fingers at an odd angle making him kneel down.

"Oh is that so? Then where are you off to at such a hurry?" She asked still grasping his fingers as he winced on the ground, she held a grin but nevertheless didn't stop.

"Ah... to the mall... was planning on getting a new phone... but you're more than welcome to tag along." cried out Daemon, Adagio finally let go and he held his fingers close to himself. Sandal and Chips were grinning in the background while Daemon flipped them off as Adagio thought about it.

"Well it certainly does beat watching over Aria and Sonata so I suppose so," replied Adagio, "lead the way then Wraithe."

"Yes ma'am," answered Daemon finally off the ground, "Anyways see you later guys."

"Yeah sure Daemon." replied Sandal as he held his hand high.

"I supposed I'll see you idiots tomorrow as well." stated Adagio before parting ways as both Sandal and Chips looked at one another.

"So you'll think he'll be alright?" asked Chips, concerned over leaving Daemon alone with someone who had attempted global domination.

"Ehh, he's survived Sunset's wrath, regardless he does look like he's having fun for once so it might be for the best." replied Sandal as Chips nodded in agreement.

"So I understand that you come from another world even though some still believe that spectacle was good special effects somehow... anyways you ever encounter Sunset there?" asked Daemon, both him and Adagio were walking through the streets of Canterlot, a brisk afternoon as the days were approaching winter so now the people began to wear more layers, Daemon was never one to feel cold much so when he "lost" his jacket now that Adagio integrated it into apparel he had to stick with his sweater for now which he was fine with.

"No, in fact the little amount of information we were able to get from her was that we aren't even from same time period, we're for the most part legends told throughout time as it's been about a thousand years since we've been banished yet for the most part it hasn't been long since we've been here." stated Adagio, Daemon processed all this information.

"So it seems that time is slower here that it is there huh, that's a lot to process." Mentioned Daemon, Adagio simply shrugged since she wasn't so sure about the whole ordeal anyways.

"Well since you're asking so many questions maybe I should do the same hmm?" expressed Adagio aloud, Daemon read her expression and he nodded but could tell what she was going to ask.

"If it's about my missing hand then that's a no, it's not something that I prefer talk about." replied Daemon, Adagio frowned slightly but sighed and gave up.

"Fine, then what it this mall you are talking about?" asked Adagio annoyed at the thought.

"Oh it's a magical place where they sell pretty much everything that's available at usually higher prices!" exclaimed Daemon with fake enthusiasm, Adagio somewhat caught on but was still confused as Daemon took note of, "Basically they have everything you could want at a short walking distance."

They continued to walk as Adagio took note of every building they waked past by, she was intrigued with the world she's stuck with for the most as she saw so much more here than in Equestria which left her wondering whether being here is better off for them before finally approaching the bus stop.

Upon arrival to the mall Adagio had to admit, she was impressed at the size of the building as well as the large amounts of people present wandering aimlessly with something by their ears. Still she tried her best to hide her intrigued look as she noticed Daemon's idiotic grin as he looked at her.

"Welcome sir, do you need help?" Asked one of the workers present, somehow the cramped store managed to make do with so little of them.

"Yeah I was planning on buying a new phone, was told it'd be good time." replied Daemon, she began leading them towards the counter while Adagio looked around as everyone was trying out the devices.

"Alright here we are, so which device were you interested on?" asked the lady, Daemon pointed out to a particular model, the latest one currently which also meant it was expensive and while he's very hesitant to spend a lot he thought he might as well since it isn't much of a waste than a utility. "I happen to notice your girlfriend keeps looking around, you know there is a particular discount where if you decided to purchase two phones of the same kind you'll only end up paying half of it."

"Ahh, well uh wait you don't have a phone at all right Fuzzball?" asked Daemon, Adagio perked up but was unsure, he was also glad she didn't seem to pick up the ladies comment and wasn't going to bother correcting her.

"It's Adagio you idiot and I don't think so." replied Adagio monotone, Daemon shrugged sheepishly at the lady.

"I suppose I'll buy two then for grumpy cakes over there." mentioned Daemon, he then felt his back burning from Adagio's piercing eyes so he laughed nervously as the lady turned around to get the phones. With everything in place and both phones being set up Daemon learned that with his new plan thanks to the deal he'll have two line services at the cost of one therefore Adagio is going to end up getting a free phone and services. With a new phone number set and both phones ready they left the place as the lady watched them both thinking how much of an odd pair they were.

"Well congrats Fuzzball, you're now the proud owner of the newest phone in the market, you should be glad since after all it wasn't cheap all." Stated Daemon, Adagio merely looked at the device unsure what to do or how it worked.

"How so?" asked Adagio, she wasn't sure how most things in this world work especially situations involving money.

"Well let's see, the total of the phones was about $1,550 and I make around $13 an hour and I work from 4-12 every weekday meani-" continued on Daemon before he was cut off.

"So basically these phones were worth about 120 hours of your life?" replied Adagio, Daemon simply looked at her impressed and nodded.

"Well y-yeah, wow I'm impressed not a lot of people can do calculations that quick especially without writing it out." explained Daemon, he was one to do all the work in his head quicker than he would writing it down so to find someone capable of doing so as well was impressive.

"Well I am all types of impressive." Mused Adagio as she flashed a grin, he couldn't help but smile as well.

"Well anyways let's find somewhere to eat, watching you try to use that phone like an old person is hurting me." Mentioned Daemon as he watched Adagio fumble about with her device. They headed for the bottom floor where the food court was and looked for a place to eat as there were many options to choose from.

"And here I thought your menu had a lot of food, well since you're buying make the suggestion." stated Adagio unsure of what to eat, Daemon looked around before finding a booth for them and proceeded to get some food.

"Alright wait here, I'll get us something." Said Daemon while Adagio shooed him off, she sat there looking around aimlessly bored out of her mind. She always wondered how strange it was that she'd even involve herself with this world much less with some random idiot who ended up helping her that night and slightly smiled before sighing while noticing Daemon coming back with a tray as she restored her usual composure.

"Oh you're back how wonderful." humored Adagio, he feigned being hurt before setting the tray down. He proceeded to show her how to use the phone all while she ate and before Daemon realized she had eaten his portion as well once he had finished.

"Ah my food is gone..." mentioned Daemon, Adagio stared at him blankly.

"Oh was that your food, that's tough." replied Adagio sarcastically as she began messing around with her phone. Daemon sighed and drank his smoothie since that was all that remained. They ended their trip to the mall and were once more outside, Adagio yawned which made sense since by now she'd usually be drinking a cup of coffee so Daemon took her home. Before parting way Daemon stopped her.

"Oh before you go pass your phone for a sec," stated Daemon, he mumbled about as he typed something into her phone before giving it back to her, "alright I put my phone number in there so message me or call me if you'd like but just in case whenever you need help."

Daemon waved her off and he walked away, Adagio looked at the contact and continued back on her way before looking back only to notice Daemon was already gone somehow. Arriving to his apartment Daemon threw himself at his sofa and the warm embrace made him drowsy for once before knocking out, with one arm leaning off to the side and the other foot hanging high it was a wonder how he got to that position.

It wouldn't be a few hours later before Daemon started mumbling as he started having his recurring nightmares that plagued him which affected him to the point of being sleep deprived. He jolted awake as his bloodshot eyes burned upon opening, he rolled and fell off before going to his fridge and grabbing a bottle of water, gulping down his thirst was satiated. He sat back down before he noticed the time and thought about whether he should head back to Canterlot this late, he did realize he'd be on his own if he went to check out the closed off section of the library and contemplated convincing either Sandal, Chips but realized they'd have curfew by now. Shaking his head he changed into some darker clothes including an old windbreaker which expressed a type of emblem as well a bag carrying some equipment including a special device he had made making him nearly invisible to cameras by disrupting its feed. Seeing that he was ready he made his way back to Canterlot, or more importantly make his way back to the hidden secrets within Canterlot.

Author's Note:

A secret hidden in Canterlot, how the story progresses also I've combined elements of both Cosmic and Warhawk's story during the lunchroom to make an interesting take of it so yeah read their stories as well.

Comments ( 3 )

The bit with Adagio's hair was funny, keep it up man.

I was at work reading this and my co workers saw me laughing during the Adagio hair bit. They think I'm even crazier than they thought i was previously.

9344750
Thanks and I'll try
9345329
Yeah I remember seeing that gif before and I kinda got the idea out of it

Login or register to comment