• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,711 Views, 104 Comments

Aftermath Bliss - Zither



After an unlikely encounter with the same person, Daemon lends a hand to a certain yellow fuzzball of a siren.

  • ...
9
 104
 1,711

Introductions (Pre-Battle of The Bands)

Once Daemon had approached the AV Club he placed down a set of files in the nearby cabinet before taking a seat at the empty chair. Placing his arms and head down, a small thud was heard as his left arm made contact with the table. Turning his head to the side he checked his arm, it wasn't skin that he saw but rather a silver colored heavily dented metal that took the form of it. His fingers traced through the scratches before taking out a pen from his pocket.

*Sigh* "At least I can do this still." stated Daemon as he proceeded to twirl a pen around his fingers. Soon the door behind him opened. He quickly tried getting up and pretended he did something but calmed when he saw it was only his idiot friends, sure it was his free period but Luna's been pretty annoyed with their lack of doing something productive.

"Told you we'd find him here!" exclaimed Chips as he entered with Sandal.

"Alright but it also made sense to find him at the cafeteria considering he hacks into the vending machine and gets free drinks." replied Sandal as they both took a seat across Daemon.

"Jeez Daemon did you even sleep last night?" asked Chips, Daemon had noticeable dark circles around his eyes and seemed to have trouble keeping his eyes open.

"Define sleep because one second I was looking up at the ceiling and the next thing I know is that my alarm is ringing." stated Daemon sarcastically.

"Okay we get it, still you actually managed to hack into the vending machine?" asked Chips, he always noticed Daemon had a drink with him from time to time but never realized he got them from the school.

"I wouldn't call it hacking, more like pressing the right keys and boom you get a free drink." stated Daemon, he grinned as he reminisced the first time he tried it out.

"Well you have got to show us that trick, do you know how annoying it is to pay more than a dollar for a water bottle." stated Sandal.

"Another time perhaps, but until then you'll just have to deal with it," replied Daemon, putting his legs up on the table he leaned back a bit in his chair. Both Chips and Sandal looked at each other smiling.

"Well if you say so, guess me and Chips are gonna go now and visit Vice Principal Luna. She's been wondering why there have been low quantities of soda's available," said Sandal as both he and Chips got up. Daemon raised one eye and saw both of them walking.

"You wouldn't!" yelled Daemon as he turned around.

"You want to bet on that?" asked Sandal as both he and Chips darted out the room. Attempting to get out the seat he fell before quickly picking himself up and running out of the room, quickly seeing Sandal and Chips down the hall and taking a left he ran after them.

"Get back here you bloody wankers!" yelled Daemon as he nearly made it down the hall. Just as he turned the corner he bumped into something and fell back as his glass flew elsewhere.

'Dammit' thought Daemon, just once he wanted something to not run into, he got angered over the fact that both he and his glasses fell. 'More like someone' thought Daemon as he looked over what he bumped into. She seemed short of height and with very poofy hair, his strained eyes made it difficult to really notice any minor details but for the most part he could tell she was someone new in Canterlot.

"You could watch where you're going!" she yelled while still in the floor. Daemon winced a bit but nevertheless apologized.

"Sorry?" replied Daemon although more of a question than an answer.

The girl seemed to get even more angered as she glared at him. Daemon got up and tried extended his arm out to her, but she instead slapped it away as she picked herself up and grumbled about two girls.

"Well, time to find my glasses," stated Daemon as he took a step back. *CRACK* "Nevermind I found them."

Before he knew it both Sandal and Chips came to him and were laughing as he glared at them.

"I hate you guys." he said to them, both Chips and Sandal calmed down before replying.

"Yes yes, we know you love us now onwards to the cafeteria," replied Sandal as they headed to the cafeteria which oddly enough seemed to be the direction the girl went. Quickly Daemon picked up his broken glasses albeit a bit blurry to see and put them in his coat pocket. Once they reached the doors to the cafeteria Daemon noticed the girl although he still couldn't see her distinctly due to his broken glasses standing near some lockers, ignoring it he headed inside with Sandal and Chips to the back of the lunchroom. Daemon looked around as the room filled with laughter and talking voices, each person minding their own business.

As they got to the vending machine Daemon looked back at his friends.

"You guys better not tell anyone about this, you need to be discrete about this and I trust you guys not because you threatened me but rather that I know you won't abuse this." stated Daemon, serious about what he said as both Chips and Sandal looked at each other confused.

"But what about you, you almost leave it dry." stated Chips, Daemon smirked and thought about this for a second before replying.

"Yeah but I'm the exception, also you guys still wouldn't try abusing it. Last time you and Sandal got caught in the AV room playing Skyrim by Celestia you guys pleaded her not to get you in trouble even though she was cool about it, I remember she insulted your build" stated Daemon grinning at them.

"Yeah yeah, shut up and tell us the code." replied Sandal as he was red from remembering that situation.

"Alright watch me," said Daemon as he looked around for no one to see, he then hit the keypad four times with his hands and elbowed the machines door which opened it. He then grabbed three sodas and closed it. "Ta-da, I guess that's hacking for you Chips."

"Huh, well I guess it's safe to say a genius taught me that," replied Sandal as he took one of the drinks. Daemon looked over him and saw Trixie coming over.

"Hey you wanna see me do another trick, I can make ourselves disappear," stated Daemon, this got worried glances from both Chips and Sandal. As Daemon turned to the vending machine he eyed the last peanut butter crackers and had a devilish smile on him. As Trixie waited behind him Daemon bought the last crackers and showed them to her.

"Hey Trixie look, I got the last one." gloated Daemon as he held them, Trixie was shocked and glared at him.

"Give me those! You don't deserve!" she yelled.

"Fine, if I don't deserve them I know who does," replied Daemon, as it looked like he was about to hand her the crackers he threw them in the trashcan behind them. She screamed as she watched them fall, Daemon quickly pickpocketed something from Trixie as she was distracted.

"You have made the grave error Wraithe of messing with The Great and Powerful Trixie." stated Trixie she began reaching for her smoke pellets she noticed they were gone.

"Looking for these?" asked Daemon as he held them, he quickly threw them on the ground. "Run, you fools."

"Damn you Wraithe!" yelled Trixie as Daemon, Sandal and Chips got away. Once they reached back into the AV Club they all sat down, Daemon took off his jacket as he felt a bit sweaty from the running they did. The trio got their drinks set and clinked their bottles.

"Cheers mate." said Daemon still laughing about earlier.

"You know Daemon I was wondering what you meant about making us disappear, for a second I thought you were going to kill us for knowing that trick." stated Chips.

"Seriously, I can't believe you managed to steal those smoke pellets from her so quickly." mentioned Sandal.

"Well I mean the second she was distracted looking at the crackers fly into the trash he took them." replied Chips.

"I still can't believe I didn't miss them considering I'm almost blind without these." mentioned Daemon as held held his broken glasses, "You know, now that we were talking about that incident that happened in the AV room we should try doing that again."

"Well as you said Daemon, we're too scared of doing it." stated Chips smiling, they all laughed and continued talking.

"Hey, you guys want to see something? Pass me your empty bottle," said Daemon, Chips obliged and passed him his bottle. "With the cap, smartass." Chips then flipped him off as he handed him the cap as Daemon chuckled.

"Alright watch," stated Daemon and closed the bottle, gripping the bottle with his left hand he squeezed till it popped. "You guys try."

"Not fair!" replied Sandal as he gripped Chip's bottle, "You got that."

"You want something like this, cut off your own hand," replied Daemon as he motioned his prosthetic while grinning. They continued with their banter until they heard the bell ring in which groaned as their free period was over.

Author's Note:

So Daemon has a prosthetic, it's created by him but of a simple design to demonstrate the situation he's in so it's not a expensive robotic arm but neither is it a normal prosthetic, merely in between robotic and simple