• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,712 Views, 104 Comments

Aftermath Bliss - Zither



After an unlikely encounter with the same person, Daemon lends a hand to a certain yellow fuzzball of a siren.

  • ...
9
 104
 1,712

Recollecting Setup (Battle of the Bands Arc I)

*Chick-Chick* Chips began messing around with a lever which opened a trapdoor in the middle of the stage, he always wondered why this was even still here.

"So who was the idiot that thought it was a good idea to put this here?" asked Chips but he already knew the answer, he just wanted to get Daemon annoyed. Sandal snickered and pointed at Daemon who was squinting towards a spotlight, it had been his second day without glasses and it was starting to have an effect on his capabilities.

"Oy, watch who you're calling an idiot. It seemed like a good idea at the time anyway," replied Daemon as he typed away on the computer connected to the spotlights.

"Right. Keywords 'seemed like a good idea'." stated Chips, he leaned back at the stage frame and began using his phone. Daemon began to get frustrated as reading the serial numbers was a pain without his glasses.

"So anyone care to tell me whats the serial code for the spotlight at the far left?" asked Daemon, he looked up and saw that Chips wasn't paying attention and Sandal had moved to the back to pull the curtains back a bit more. "Hey, Rocket Fumes! What's the code for that spotlight to the far left?"

Chips looked up instantly and panicked when he heard that name. "I thought you wouldn't call me that anymore! We talked about that!" yelled Chips as he got closer to read the tag.

"Ah well I never promised anything and calm down its been 2 years now, they have actually stopped figuring out what happened," stated Daemon, he stretched as Chips told him the code. "Alright, thanks." He then began messing with the lights changing the color and having them move before leaving the laptop of rest.

"So anyone care to help me understand how the school is in need of funding but can afford a 'stadium' right next to it?" asked Daemon, he leaned against a wall and began bouncing a ball across from him. Both Sandal and Chips were perplexed by this question and actually thought of it.

"Yup I think my theory of our Tyrannical principal Celestia is true, heh, well we're done here." Daemon then shut down the lights and computer before stretching. "You know I've been thinking, we should probably put flyers soon around the school for the Inventions Fair coming up in a couple of months, gotta get some people you know."

"Yeah you're probably right, the sooner we get participants and have them work their projects the easier it'll be." added on Chip, Daemon then thought of something.

"Sandal, you'll be printing them out right?" asked Daemon. Sandal raised his brow. "Well come on, you post flyers all around for people to join you eco club. It'll be nice for you to make flyers that won't end up stuffed in your locker."

"Ha sure, just tell me when you'll make 'em," stated Sandal. Daemon nodded as he pulled out his flip phone, there were some cracks running across from the screen and in the back some deep scratches. Daemon then had a flashback to the night when it occurred, when things changed for him and the school around them.

Night of The Fall Formal-

"Geez about time someone stood up to Sunset, well too much time actually," stated Daemon out loud, he'd gone to the bathroom and decided to grab some stuff from his locker on his way back. He wasn't originally going to be at the dance considering he'd be by himself but since Celestia trusts him in working with the equipment throughout the night he was to stay. Luckily he let Vinyl take over since he knows she'll make the party much enjoyable and that he could take a break after sitting doing nothing.

As he walked he heard a large booming sound but thought nothing of it. 'Probably Pinkie's cannon.' He thought, he then noticed what seemed a bright light emanating from behind him, he looked back but saw that it was dark again. "Weird, oh shit I swear if these CHS rumors a true!" exclaimed Daemon, he finally approached his locker and opened it. As he made his way back he took out his phone and began checking through his messages before he something out of the corner from his eye caught his attention. He was dumbfounded by what he saw before he noticed that the floor was trembling before parts of the building were being pulled and the floor beneath him crumbled before falling through.

Oomph! Daemon began breathing heavily as the air went out of his body but was unlucky that his prosthetic took the hit as this resulted in hurting his abdomen from the impact. Not long after someone helped him up and noticed that it was Sandal along with Chips who had helped him up. Looking at his prosthetic he noticed that the fingers were bent backward and were stuck in place, he coughed as his breathing started to calm. He then placed his sights on what had captivated him, ahead of him stood a giant demon and not long it converted two of the students into demons themselves. Reaching for his phone he noticed that the fall broke the screen and that it wasn't turning on at all which left him at a state of panic.

"Fantastic, you guys have any idea what this is or what's even going on?" asked Daemon, before he could even get a reply from either Sandal or Chips the demon hit a student with some sort of ray in which caused a sort of chain reaction. Attempting to escape through the back Daemon pulled both Chips and Sandal but tripped over a broken concrete slab which caused him to to fall and hit his head knocking him out cold.

Present-

"Yo Daemon, you coming?" asked Sandal, they were ahead of him as he regained his thoughts.

"Yeah, just thought of something there." replied Daemon, he quickly walked towards them as they headed towards Luna's office. Daemon finished typing his message before putting his phone away. After they neared Luna's office out came out Sunset who was surprised to see the trio.

"Oh hey there Sandal, Chips, Daemon." greeted Sunset, she smiled at them and both Sandal and Chips greeted her back except for Daemon. He gave her a stern look and ignored her, walking past her both Sandal and Chips followed giving a sheepish smile to her as she looked dispirited but nevertheless smiled back at them.

Once they had told Luna that everything was set the second they got out Daemon out gave a loud groan after she told him to stay during the band tryouts to check that nothing happens to the equipment there during the battle of the bands.

"Seriously every time I enter her room I get goosebumps. It's like her spirit guide is a dark and cold being." stated Sandal as he shook his head, both Daemon and Chips gave him quizzical looks.

"Right it's definitely her spirit guide and not the A/C that's pumping cold air in the background." replied Daemon as he began pacing around. "Maybe you're getting goosebumps cause you're wearing a shirt smartass?"

"Whatever Mr. I Got This." replied Sandal which got a snicker from Chips.

"We're seriously going back to that stupid moment? I don't even understand why it's funny." said Daemon annoyed, he sat by the chair next to the door and sighed.

"Well it's funny because it annoys you and also because you burnt a part of your eyebrows that day." replied Chips, he remembered one time during Mr Who's class they were working with Hydrogen gas and Daemon told them he had everything under control until he accidentally ignited the gas causing him to lose part of his eyebrows. Everything began to calm down as Chips face turned serious.

"You know that wan't cool, what you did to Sunset." stated Chips, Daemon looked up.

"Cool?! Cool?! What is this, who even uses cool in a conversation anymore!?" exclaimed Daemon,.

"Uh I do?" responded Sandal confused.

"Alright but no one asked you, it was a rhetorical question." stated Daemon.

"Alright we get it but I'm serious that wasn't right to look down and ignore Sunset like that." stated Chips, Daemon merely scoffed at that.

"Oh but it was right for her to do the same and deal with her verbal abuse everyday?" asked Daemon angrily.

"No it wasn't but she's dealing with the results of it, she doesn't need to deal with anymore problems not after that fall incident." Stated Sandal firmly.

"That's easy for you to say she didn't ruin your life, she didn't ruin your way of thinking, she didn't change who you were!" expressed Daemon, he had gotten up and faced Sandal.

"Well you're not any different from her by doing what she did." stated Sandal, Daemon looked away for a moment before sighing.

"I need a minute alone." said Daemon, he walked away from them. He needed to clear his mind, but he was filled with anger. He had been one of the first to experience her cruelty and abuse when she began her reign of terror in CHS, but things became different as he got older but nevertheless he promised he wouldn't forget those moments. He turned to an empty hallway and leaned back into the lockers before going down and sitting.

He sat in silence for a couple of minutes before noticing the dimming and flickering lights around him, he then saw the green mist surrounding the area as a faint voice was heard distantly. Getting up he was cautious of what was going on, he was about to get away before a hand was placed on his shoulder and the voice was behind him. He quickly turned and saw a girl, he was about to say something before he was entranced and his crimson eyes suddenly were engulfed by a green tint.

Author's Note:

This chapter was in the works for a very long time, I've tried to continue but I realized that it was easier for me to write during summer vacation, I've decided that for the mean time I'll try to write but it''ll be difficult with school going on.