• Published 6th Aug 2015
  • 22,900 Views, 824 Comments

I Treasure Your Love - Hawker Hurricane



After going camping, Connor wakes to find himself in Equestria and sets out to make the most of his time there. But interesting discoveries are made along the way, along with the attention of fiery maned pegasus mare.

  • ...
94
 824
 22,900

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter - 37 - Chocolate Milk

Several days had passed since Connor's discharge from hospital and he was once again at his house in Cloudsdale, playing host to his sister who had temporarily moved in to help assimilate into pony society. And to catch up more with her brother. Unlike before though when she wore a dress and tiara, this time she was wearing a flight suit like Connor's, but in two tone pink; much to a certain earth pony's delight.

"So," Elizabeth said, taking a spoonful of cereal, "What are you doing later?"

"I thought I'd go to Ponyville and pick up a book I reserved at the library."

"What book is it?"

"The Illustrated History of Equestrian Railways, it's a new publication and Twilight managed to get an advanced copy."

"Sounds wonderful," Elizabeth replied, "Are you going down in that hot air balloon?"

"Yeah."

"Good, because I'm not strong enough to carry you."

"I'm not that heavy!"

"Heavy enough."

*DING-DONG*

"I'll get it," Connor said, putting down his peanut butter on toast, "It'll probably be that parcel I'm expecting."

Connor got up and made his way to the front door, his bandaged wings twitching in pain slightly as he did so. He opened the the door to see a delivery pony stood next to a large cardboard box about two feet long in each direction. Connor, recognising the manufacturers logo on the box, took huge effort into not jumping for joy. It was bad enough his could feel his wings trying to flap happily beneath his tightly wrapped bandages.

"Delivery for Mr Wakefield?"

"That's me."

"Great, just sign here please," the pony said, pointing to the specific place in the paper.

Connor signed to where the pony pointed and began to pick up the box.

"Have a nice day sir," the delivery pony replied, taking the signed papers with him.

"You too, good bye."

The delivery pony went away, taking his cart with him, leaving Connor with his parcel. He bent down at the knees and took a firm hold of the box, hugging it closely to his chest before standing back up and walking back inside, closing the door with a kick of his right foot.

He strode back into the kitchen where his sister was still eating Sugar Puff like cereal.

"What's in there?" she asked.

"You'll see. I'll show you when breakfast is over."

"Train stuff?"

"Maybe."

"Spitfire said you pre-ordered some ages ago."

"Limited edition train packs. Not cheap either."

"I ordered something myself the other day."

"Anything interesting?"

"Just a certain best-selling plushie that's really popular with kids."

"Not you too."

"Just wait until Bella finds out."

"I'm dreading her finding out about other things."

"I'm not!" Elizabeth laughed with delight, "I can't wait to see what unfolds."


Approaching Ponyville in the hot air balloon, it was quite clear that yet another incident had occurred in Ponyville.

"Can't Ponyville just be normal for once?" Connor asked aloud, noting the roads made of soap and long-legged rabbits amongst other things.

He carefully lowered the balloon towards the balloon dock, avoiding the candy floss clouds in the process, and tightly tied it in place when there.

Jumping out of the balloon and onto the ground, a quick look around revealed no sight of anyone, but instead the cries of a nearby pony.

"FINE! Leave! See if I care! I don't need you guys either! With friends like you, who needs...enemies...?"

"Twilight!" Connor said aloud," Twilight it's Connor! Where are you?"

Running towards where he heard her, Connor found himself outside the library and saw a sobbing Twilight sat on the ground. Feeling concerned for his friend's well-being, he walked over and knelt down, gently placing and arm around her.

"Hey Twilight," he said gently.

"Connor?" Twilight said as she turned to look at him, "Thank Celestia it's you!"

Twilight threw herself at Connor, wrapping her forelegs around him as tightly as she could.

Connor gently stroked her back," Sssshh, come on Twilight. Tell me what happened."

Twilight let go of Connor and sat on her plot, wiping away the tears in her eyes with a hoof, "Discord."

"Who?"

"Discord. The Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. He escaped his stone imprisonment and is the cause of all this....well, chaos!"

"What's been done to stop him?"

"Princess Celestia was going to give us the Elements of Harmony to return him to stone, but he got to them first and hid them. At first we thought they were in the Canterlot Castle garden maze, but his misleading riddle eventually revealed he had hidden them right here in Ponyville."

"I'm taking it by the fact you're wearing your tiara that you found them?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes, but my friends just ran away."

"Why would they do that?"

"Discord did something to them. They're acting like the complete opposite of the Element they represent and they've turned grey in colour."

"Do you want help finding them?"

Before Twilight could answer, the inside of the library could be seen momentarily flashing green.

And then again.

And again.
Curious, Twilight and Connor got up and walked over to the library. Walking inside they saw Spike on the floor clutching his stomach surrounded by a pile of scrolls.

"Make it stop!" he cried.

He belched out another scroll.

Twilight picked up some of the scrolls in her magic and unfurled them. Quickly reading through them she gasped in shock, "These are all the letters I've written to the princess since I've lived in Ponyville. But why would she send them back?"

She picked up a few more scrolls and read them aloud.

"Real friends don't care what your cover is."

"Friendship is a wondrous and powerful thing."

"And like the path cut through the orchard, there will always be a way through."

"The best thing to do is stay true to yourself."

"Everypony has a special magical connection with her friends. Maybe even before she's met them."

Twilight suddenly beamed with realisation and joy, "Spike! Spike, it's all so clear! Can't you see? Discord's trying to distract us from what's important. He knows how powerful our friendships are, and he's trying to keep us from seeing it. Do you remember what I said the first day we arrived in Ponyville? I told you that the future of Equestria didn't rest on me making friends. But the opposite is true! The friendships I've made since I've been here are what saved Equestria from Nightmare Moon. And now they need to save it from Discord!"

Spike moaned in response, still in too much discomfort to give a clear answer.

"You're right, Spike," replied Twilight, oblivious to Spike's condition, "I've got to fight for my friendships. For them. For me. For Equestria!"

Spike only moaned again in response.

"Oh...uh...why don't you just stay here and rest? I'll take care of the whole fighting for friendship thing myself."

"Want me to help?" asked Connor.

"Thank you Connor, yes."

Twilight and Connor made their way to the door to find their mutual friends.

"Go to bed Spike," Twilight said, "It's the best place for you at the moment."

Spike moaned out another response and walked slowly towards the stairs, still belching out scrolls along the way. Twilight and Connor, now outside, discussed their plan of action.

"Right Connor, what I need to do is find our friends so I can give them their Element and restore them to their original selves and defeat Discord."

"Easier said than done Twilight."

"I know, but it's the only plan we have."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Could you look around Ponyville for ponies outside, and if possible try to persuade them to go inside out of harm's way? Well, I don't know what could be considered 'out of harm's way' when it comes to Discord."

"I'll see what I can do, stay safe Twilight."

"You too Connor."

The pair embraced each other in a hug before going on their respective objectives.

Connor quickly made his way to the town centre, assuming that the busiest part of Ponyville would have some ponies there. His assumptions were incorrect as he noted the market square abandoned, despite the stalls still being full of merchandise. Approaching cautiously, he continued to check his surroundings.

*THUD*

Connor spun around to the source of the noise and could barely believe what he was seeing, standing slack jawed as pumpkins bounced towards him, aggressively making chomping motions with their newly acquired mouths.

"What the fuck?"

The scene before Connor still hadn't properly registered in his mind as the pumpkins bounced closer. It wasn't until one of them took a bite at his leg did he do something.

"You little bastard!"

Raising his foot up, he stomped down on the offending pumpkin causing it to break into several pieces and splatter pumpkin juice all over his legs. He then turned his attention to the others, three of them, and did the same to them, making a rather large mess in the process.

Looking down at his legs, he let out a deflated sigh as he saw the mess done to his flight suit; all too aware that pumpkin juice won't be coming out of it, effectively ruining the flight suit.

"Spitfire's going to kill me," he groaned, "This was one of the new suits as well."

"Are you OK?"

Connor turned to where the voice was coming from and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Lyra approach.

"Lyra, how are you?"

"Could be better," she replied, "How about you?"

"I've just had a fight with some pumpkins."

"I know," Lyra giggled, "I saw."

"Well, what are you doing here?" Connor asked, "It's not safe outside."

"I was trying to find Bon-Bon, have you seen her?"

"No, have you tried her sweet shop?"

"Already tried, she wasn't there. She isn't at home either."

"Sorry, but I don't know where she could be. But you should find some place safe to hide from Discord."

"Discord?"

"The one responsible for all of this weird shit."

"Oh, well anyway, I'm still going to try and fin Bon-Bon."

"Just stay safe Lyra."

"I will do."

Connor watched as Lyra trotted away, leaving him alone in the market square once more.

"I'd be careful around her if I were you. You don't want to know how far her human fetish goes."

Connor turned around and could not hide his shock at the sight before him.

"What the fuck are you?"

Discord frowned and folded his arms indignantly, "Such disgraceful language."

"You must be Discord."

"The one and only!" he exclaimed loudly, spreading his arms and legs out wide as party poppers and confetti exploded behind him.

"Do everyone a favour and stop messing things up."

Discord stopped showboating and snaked his way down to Connor, "My dear boy, I am the Lord of Chaos! I can do as I please!"

"And make everyone's life a misery in the process?"

Discord huffed in annoyance and threw his arms up in the air, literally, "I add a bit of excitement to your lives and all you do is complain! Where's you imagination? Your adventurous spirit?"

"Simply speaking, no-one trusts you. Or likes you."

"You don't even know me."

"I know enough to know that you're too dangerous to be allowed to roam free."

"You would put me back in my stone prison? Do you have any idea what that's like? If I didn't have the enormous mental fortitude I possess I would have gone far beyond insane!"

"You should behave yourself then."

"And just what are you going to do? I don't see a shiny necklace around your neck?" Discord replied smugly before a smirk crossed his lips, "Or a tiara on your head."

Connor blushed slightly, but enough for Discord to notice.

"Yes, little Connor. I know all about your choice of fashion."

"Fuck off."

Discord frowned, looking more cross than merely unhappy.

"Watch your tone, boy!"

"What are you going to do about it? Make we wear a dress again? Take my wings away? Make me piss chocolate?"

"Connor?! Where are you?"

"Spitfire!" he whispered loudly.

Too loudly though.

"Oh this is going to be deliciously chaotic! Little Spitfire is paying her fiancée a visit!"

Connor noted with increasing dread the look of malicious delight forming on Discord's face, "What are you doing?"

Discord said nothing and instead snapped his fingers, disappearing in an instant; leaving just in time before Spitfire arrived. Seeing Connor, she flew over and gently wrapped her hooves around his neck. instead of her usual Wonderbolt flightsuit, she was instead wearing only her engagement ring.

"I got worried about you. Elizabeth said you were here and when I saw all the weird things I thought-"

Spitfire stopped as the noticed Connor wasn't responding to her.

"Connor?"

No response.

"Connor?" she tried again, prodding him with a hoof.

"What do you want?!"

Spitfire reeled back, slightly in shock at Connor's snappy response.

"I...I was just wondering if you're OK."

"I'm fine! For fuck's sake, why are all of you ponies so damn nosy and clingy?!"

Spitfire, rather than get upset, began to get annoyed. With a stern frown, she hovered in front of Connor with her forelegs on her hips, "Just what is your problem?!"

"You're my problem!"

"What?"

"I said you're my problem! Everywhere I go, you're there constantly hovering around and getting in the way."

"I came here because I was going to ask you if you wanted to join me with my parents to go out for dinner tonight?"

"Dinner with your family?" Connor scoffed, "Now why the fuck would I want to do that?"

"Why wouldn't you?"

"Maybe because your family hates me?"

"They don't hate you."

"Oh fuck off, yes they do. Anyone with half a brain cell can work that out."

Spitfire, now bordering on blowing a fuse, flew right up to Connor's face, "Well if that's how you feel then don't bother coming!"

"Don't worry, I won't."

"Buck you Connor! And you know what? I think I'll stay at my parents tonight. You can have the house to yourself since you're being such a jerk."

"You do that."

"I will."

Spitfire took to the air and began to make her way to Cloudsdale before she planted a hoof in Connor's face.

"Sleep tight Shitfire."

Spitfire stopped dead in her tracks and turned around to Connor, glaring fiercely "What did you say?!"

"I said, sleep tight.....Shitfire."

Spitfire lowered herself to the ground and folded her wings back to her sides, "Why are you calling me that?"

"Because it's your name."

"No it's not!" she snapped back.

"Yes it is," Connor replied, grinning in delight, "Your name is Shitfire, because once upon a time on a school camping trip, little Spitfire shit the bed."

Tears were beginning to form in Spitfire's eyes as her heart felt like it was being shattered into a million pieces, "Stop calling me that."

"Stop calling you what? Shitfire?"

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!" she cried, tears now falling.

Connor didn't stop though and instead carried on, relishing in Spitfire's misery and distress at revealing her mortifying incident, "Little Shitfire shit the bed."

"SHUT UP!"

"Little Shitfire had to spend every night for the rest of the trip in nappies because she kept shitting herself."

"Why are you doing this?" she cried, tears now streaming down her face.

"Little Shitfire! Maybe I should put you back in them. I don't want to be cleaning the bed sheets every day."

"W-w-why are you b-being so m-mean to me?" she cried even more, trying to dry her eyes out with her hooves.

"I'm not being mean, I'm just pointing something out."

"You are being mean! You promised you would never tell anypony!"

"I haven't told anypony. I'm just reminding you that you shit the bed at camp."

Spitfire, with a mix of anger and heartbreak, stood up rapidly and flared her wings, "Buck you!"

She tore off her engagement ring and threw it at Connor, "I don't want to marry you any more! You bucking horrible jerk!"

"Fine by me," Connor replied with a shrug of his shoulders, "I never really like you anyway. You were just a means to an end for me."

Tears were now in freefall as she flew away, her cries of anguish slowly fading away.

Connor, unrepentant, looked down to where the engagement ring was and picked it up. He held it close to his face before throwing it away behind him, "What a waste of money."


Meanwhile, in another part of Ponyville, Discord was sat upon a throne enjoying the scenery before him. Chaotic events of his own doing. With a snap of his claw, he materialised a glass of chocolate milk but instead of drinking the milk, he drank the glass and threw away the milk, causing it to explode when it hit the ground.

"Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing," he mused.

"Not as wonderful as friendship!"

Discord looked up to see six mares he grown tired of seeing, "Oh, this again?"

"That's right," replied Applejack, "You couldn't break apart our friendship for long."

"Oh, Applejack. Don't lie to me. I'm the one who made you a liar. Will you ever learn?"

"I'll tell you what we've learned, Discord," Twilight replied, standing strong and defiant, "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for!"

"Ugh, gag," Discord groaned, "Fine, go ahead. Try and use your little Elements. Friend me. Just make it quick. I'm missing some excellent chaos here."

"All right, ladies, let's show him what friendship can do!"

The girl's elements began to activate, levitating them into the air. A swirling rainbow beam of magic began to spiral around the girls before it aimed straight for Discord, hitting him full force.

"Huh. What's this?" queried Discord.

Feeling his legs go stiff, he looked down to see his lower half begin to turn to stone. Panicking at being trapped in his stone prison once more, he desperately tried to flee but to no avail, "No. NOOOO!!!!"

He cries were soon silenced the moment his was completely encased in stone.

"Did we do it?" Fluttershy asked.

"We did it!" Rainbow shouted triumphantly, bumping hooves with Applejack.

"We sure did partner."

"Well done girls," Twilight said, "But let's save the celebrations for later, we need to check on Ponyville first."

"I do hope everypony is OK," Rarity said.

"Well we're not going to know just sitting on our plots," Rainbow stated, "Come on girls!"


"I'm surprised you can even walk around at all with all that fat on your flanks."

"You insolent brute!"

Mrs Cake had not taken too kindly to Connor's comments regarding her derrière. As far as Connor was concerned, he was just making an honest observation; to Mr Cake however, he was just being rude.

"Get out of here!" Mr Cake bellowed, "I don't know what's gotten into you Connor, but until you apologise and go back to how you were then you're banned from coming here!"

"Oh no!" Connor dramatically replied, putting an arm to his forehead, "Banned from Sugarcube Corner! Whatever will I do?"

"Out!" bellowed Mr Cake, fiercely pointing a hoof at the door.

"Alright alright! Calm your little pony self down. Jumpy little snowflakes."

Connor turned around and began to leave, ignoring the stunned onlookers watching him. He walked outside to see more ponies who had now come out of hiding now Discord had been defeated. He was soon approached by Lyra, this time with Bon Bon.

"Hey Connor," Lyra said, "I'm glad you're OK. I found Bon Bon by the way; she was in the town hall with a few other ponies."

"Yeah, and? What do you want? A medal?"

Both Lyra and Bon Bon reeled back in shock, as did some nearby ponies who had picked up on what was being said. And like passengers on a train, they couldn't help but eavesdrop on another persons conversation.

"Is there any need to be rude?" asked Bon Bon, "I know what's happened has put everypony on edge but there's no need for talking to us like that."

"Maybe I'm sick of stupid little ponies coming to me with their stupid little problems."

"What the hay is wrong with you?!" Lyra scolded, "Why are you talking to us like this?"

"Because I can. Now, if you don't mind, get out of my way."

Connor barged his way past, knocking Lyra off of her hooves in the process.

"Stop right there buster!"

"Piss off Thunderlane," Connor replied, turning around to see the aforementioned pegasus approach.

"How dare you talk to any of us like that!" Thunderlane replied, "We demand an apology!"

Other ponies, scowling in anger, nodded in agreement in addition to giving their vocal support. Connor with a snobby huff, shrugged it away.

"Humans don't apologise to inferior little ponies."

Connor began to walk away, only to see Thunderlane fly in front of him and block his way.

"Apologise now, and we'll forget-"

Thunderlane didn't get a chance to finish before Connor punched him right on the muzzle. Knocked onto his side several feet away, Thunderlane staggered to his hooves and held a hoof to his face. His now watery eyes went to pinpricks as he saw his hoof covered in blood. Panic set in as he began to hyperventilate, overwhelmed at the sight of blood and being unexpectedly assaulted by what he thought was a friend.

Connor meanwhile, showed no remorse and began to walk away again.

"CONNOR!"

He turned around again to see Twilight and the others, all stood open mouthed at the sight before them. Twilight ran over and confronted Connor, ready to give her friend a very stern talking to.

"What do you think you're doing Connor?"

"Dealing with nosy ponies by punching them on their nose."

"You can't do that!"

"Why the fuck not?"

"Because it's not nice, and it's illegal!"

"I've been smacked in the face twice by ponies since I came here, one of which is standing over there!" he replied, pointing a finger at Rarity.

Who in turn subtlety tried to hide behind Fluttershy.

"That doesn't give you the right to hit ponies," Twilight countered, "What's gotten into-"

Twilight stopped as she sensed something was off about Connor. Testing a hypothesis, she lit up her horn and performed a magical scan of Connor, much to his annoyance.

"What the fuck are you doing you fucking midget horse?!"

Ponies stood aghast at the scene before them. Most of them were more shocked that it was Connor saying such things rather than the language itself coming from Connor's mouth.

"Connor," Twilight said with a look of great worry on her face, "You need to listen to me. Discord has manipulated you!"

"No he hasn't."

"He has! You need to let me perform the counterspell!"

"Fuck no! You're not performing more dark magic on me Voldemort."

Connor attempted to run away but was cut off by the encircled ponies, and with his wings still heavily bandaged, flying wasn't an option.

"Give up Connor, and let me help you," Twilight pleaded.

"Never!"

Connor made a run for it only to find himself dragged back by a coil of rope around his chest, also binding his arms to his side.

Applejack had lassoed him.

"Fucking let me go now you fucking dixie horse!"

Connor furiously began trying to free himself, kicking up a lot of dirt and dust in the process; however Applejack was stronger and quickly secured Connor, tying his hands behind his back and his legs together preventing him from lashing out and hitting or kicking anypony. Though that didn't stop the furious verbal tirade coming from his mouth, prompting Applejack put her hoof over his mouth.

"Go ahead Twi," Applejack said.

"Thank you Applejack."

Twilight approached a still struggling Connor and performed her counter-spell.

Upon coming into contact with Twilight's spell, Connor froze as a flood of memories began pouring through his mind. Specifically memories of his time in Equestria. Waking up in Equestria, his first time meeting Spitfire, receiving his first Wonderbolt flight suit.........proposing to Spitfire.

Twilight's spell ended and after a few seconds silence and a much calmer Connor slowly sat up.

"What happened?" he groaned, "I feel like a herd of elephants have just stomped on my head."

"Thank Celestia you're back," Twilight said, throwing herself forward and hugging him.

A slightly surprised and confused Connor went to return the hug but felt himself unable to do so. Looking around at his body he saw why.

"Why am I tied up? Again?"

"There was....an incident," Twilight replied, "You were acting very unlike yourself. It was like you were a mirror of yourself."

"Did I have a goatee?"

"Huh?"

"Never mind. Anyway, could you untie me?"

Applejack looked over to Twilight who simply nodded. Feeling the ropes loosen, Connor removed them altogether and stood up; only now realising the large group of ponies, some of them looking at him rather cross.

"What's the matter with you lot?"

"Are you serious?"

Connor looked to who spoke and the shock on his face was evident as he saw a friend of his having tissues stuck in his nose, covered in spots of blood.

"What happened to your nose?"

Thunderlane looked at Connor incredulously, "You hit me!"

"I don't recall ever hitting you."

An angry Thunderlane attempted to get up to give Connor a piece of his mind but was held back by Cloud Chaser and her best friend Flitter.

"Don't fight Thundy," Cloud Chaser pleaded, "I'm sure there's a reason for all of this."

"There is!" Twilight said quickly, "If everypony would allow me to explain!"

"We're listening," Thunderlane said, still looking sternly at Connor.

"I believe that Connor was under the influence of Discord's chaos magic, just like my friends were. They all became the opposite of their true selves, for example; Applejack kept telling lies, Fluttershy was being mean to everypony and Rarity was being selfish. I believe that Discord effected Connor the same way, which is how he's been acting towards everypony."

"I do remember encountering Discord."

"What happened?" asked Twilight.

"I told him that no one trusts him or likes him, and that he was too dangerous to be allowed to roam free."

"Then what?"

"He snapped his paw, claw, whatever and disappeared, then Spitfire.............oh fuck."

"What?" Twilight asked, concerned over the worried look on Connor's face, "Connor, what is it?"

"I need to find Spitfire!" Connor yelled, quickly getting to his feet.

"Why? What's happened?" Twilight pleaded to know.

"I said some horrible things to her!"

"But why are you so worried?"

"Because she called off the wedding!"


A short while later, after everypony had returned home, Connor was with Twilight and the girls in the library. Before that though, Connor did apologise to Thunderlane, Lyra, Bon Bon and the Cakes; all of whom accepted his apology and forgave him, considering he was under the influence of chaos magic they deduced it affected his thinking and his actions.

In the library however, Connor could sit with his head in his hands having revealed his argument with Spitfire, but not the details of it. The engagement ring he threw away, now back in the library, rested on the coffee table in front of him. Every second looking at it causing every moment of his argument with Spitfire to replay on his mind.

Every horrible thing he said.

And none of it he meant.

"Discord has a lot to answer for," Twilight stated angrily, "Frankly putting him back in stone is being kind to him."

"Here here," added Rainbow, "Don't worry Connor, we'll fix things with Spitfire."

Connor could only murmur in response, prompting an ever worried Fluttershy to pat him on the back.

"Connor darling, I know this isn't an ideal time but if you give me your flightsuit I might be able to clean it."

"Sure, hey Twilight; you still have some spare clothes of mine here don't you?"

"Yes, not a flightsuit though."

"That's fine. I can't fly again yet anyway. Spreading them out is the most I can do, and that's only to prevent deep-vein-thrombosis."

"You'll be flying again in no time," Rainbow said, "Just hang in there buddy."

"Thanks Rainbow. Anyway, I'm off to get a bath, if that's OK Twilight?"

"Of course it is, you know where the bathroom is."

"Do you want help with your bandages?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yeah I can do, I might need new one's putting on again."

"That's OK, I have some more at cottage if you need any. Do you want me to take your bandages off now?"

"Please. While you're doing that, I'll have a think on how I can get Spitfire back."


The next morning arrived and Connor was back in Cloudsdale approaching his house, despite Spitfire saying she was going to go to her parent's for the night she may have changed her mind. He walked up the garden path and unlocked the front door. Going in he called out.

"Spitfire! Elizabeth!"

After a few seconds the sound of someone walking could be heard.

"Connor?"

Connor turned around to see Elizabeth stood in the hallway, wearing her pink flight suit again. Wasting no time, Connor immediately go straight to business, forgoing the usual pleasantries.

"Elizabeth, have you seen Spitfire?"

"Errr, no. Why? I thought she came to see you to see if you wanted to go out to dinner with her parents?"

"She did."

"So why are you here asking if I've seen her?"

Connor took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to mentally prepare himself for a short, but painful recollection of events he would have to tell to his sister.

"You might want to sit down, it's.....been an interesting night."


Meanwhile, elsewhere in Cloudsdale, Spitfire was still crying in her mother's embrace. Avro, Gloucester and Hawker meanwhile were all fuming inside however, each one having a furious expression at seeing their daughter/sister reduced to tears by some hairless flying ape.

"How could he say such mean things?" whimpered Spitfire, asking that question for the umpteenth time, "He promised he would never talk about it!"

"I don't know dear," replied Stormy, stroking Spitfire's mane, "But I'm sure there's a reason for it."

"There is a reason for it!" bellowed Avro, "That hairless ape is a good for nothing scoundrel who, like all the other stallions has only used our daughter for their own desires because they can't accomplish anything on their own!"

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted that weasel!" Hawker snarled, gritting his teeth angrily.

"Live and learn son," Avro replied, "That liar fooled me too."

"I sincerely hope he's not welcome back here?" Gloucester asked.

"Absolutely not!" Avro yelled, stomping his hoof on the ground to accentuate the point, "I don't care if he's friends with the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses, he is NOT welcome here any more!"

"Please calm down dear," Stormy pleaded, "We should at least see what Connor does now. if he does come here, we should hear him out."

"Hear him out? Are you mad?!"

"Before I permanently ban somepony from this house, I would like to at least to hear it from their own mouth why they did what they did. There may still be an explanation for all of this."

"I doubt it."

"Look," said Stormy, "This has put us all on edge. Why don't we go into town and have that dinner we didn't have last night?"

There was a few seconds of silence as they all looked at one another, unsure if now was really the time for going out.

"That sounds good right now."

"Dear?"

Spitfire sat up and rubbed the tears out of her eyes with a hoof, "Going out now sounds like a good idea."

"What about Connor?" asked Stormy, "Do you really want to cancel the wedding?"

"I.....don't know. Part of me does for what he said, but regardless of that I still love him."

"Well maybe this dinner will help clear your head a little."

Spitfire simply nodded, "Who else is coming?"

"I'll go," Gloucester replied.

"Me too," Avro added, "Not like I have a choice given your mother decides for me."

The siblings shared a small laugh while Stormy shot Avro a stern, though slightly amused, glare.

"What about you Lightning?" asked Spitfire, "You coming?"

"Sure, I wouldn't leave my big sister when she's upset."

"What about you Hawker?"

"I'll stay."

"You sure?" Spitfire asked.

"I'm sure, you go and enjoy yourself. Besides, I have a few things to catch up on."

"OK, see you around sometime," Spitfire replied, flying over and giving her twin brother a hug.

"You too Spitty."


Meanwhile back in Connor's house, he had just finished telling Elizabeth about the events of the previous day and felt all the worse for it having once more gone through the events to others. Elizabeth for her part, stayed silent throughout as her brother retold events, not making judgements or comments until the full story had been told. Now that it had though, she decided to give her opinion on the matter.

"Well," she began, "From the sound of things it seems like you weren't at fault. This Discord thing was."

"Try explaining that to Spitfire, or her family even."

"They wouldn't believe you?"

"I tell them something put a spell on me to make me say those things? They'd just say I was making excuses to get away with speaking to their daughter like that."

"There's no harm in trying."

"Even if Spitfire did believe me, she's still called off the wedding."

"I doubt she really meant it."

"You weren't there."

"No, but I am a girl; I do know how they think."

"And you say that Spitfire was just saying that because she was upset."

"She saw what she thought was her fiancée, the love of her life say horrible things to her, unaware he was actually under the influence of some sadistic nut job hell bent on making people's lives miserable."

"You think she'll listen to me?"

"If she truly loves you, then yes."

"I'll go and see her then, and see if I can sort this mess out."

"Good," replied Elizabeth, "Because there's no way I'm missing out on being a bridesmaid at my brother's wedding!"


Around lunchtime, Connor arrived outside Spitfire's parent's house and walked up the garden pathway to the front door, shaking nervously a little as he pressed the doorbell.

He heard the sound of hoof steps approach and prepared himself for the inevitable bollocking he knew he would get from Avro and his brothers. The door opened and Connor was slightly surprised to see Hawker stood at the doorway.

"Hey Hawker, is Spi-"

Connor didn't get chance to finish his question as the powerful right hook from Hawker hit Connor in the face, knocking him out cold. He fell back and his head hit the ground with a small thunk.

Smirking slightly with satisfaction, Hawker walked forward to Connor to get a better view of the hoof mark on Connor's left cheek.

And the unexpected view of blood trickling from beneath the back of his head.

"Spitfire's going to kill me."


*EARLIER IN THE DAY*

Several firm knocks pounded the door, much to Alexander's annoyance.

"Alright I'm coming!" he replied loudly, "Fucking hell, if they hit the door any harder it'll come off the bloody hinges. Anyway, who the hell would be knocking on the door this time in the morning?"

Alexander unlocked and opened the door only to find no-one there.

"Great!" he huffed, "The old 'knock on a stranger's door and leg it', even on a bloody military base which is supposed to be-"

"Down here!"

Alexander looked down, only to find a visitor he was not expecting.

"Greetings, my name is Arch Mage. Welcome to Equestria, Group Captain Wakefield."

Alexander fell back and his head hit the ground with a small thunk.

PreviousChapters Next