• Published 1st Jul 2015
  • 1,536 Views, 19 Comments

Goodnight Moon - Mocha Star



Rainbow Dash makes a mistake and an earth pony is fatally injured

  • ...
27
 19
 1,536

Goodnight

I was so excited to finally see the Wonderbolts live. Their newest member, Rainbow Dash, is the most awesome ever. It was worth waiting hours in line and getting lost finding our seats to finally see the show. Rainbow Dash was amazing! The show was even better than I imagined. She was doing stunts and tricks that should have broken her wings like the tricks were nothing.

I just have a problem being short so I had trouble seeing when Rainbow would get to low or far away. "Mommy, can you pick me up? Can you, please?! Pleasepleaseplease?" I begged mommy to pick me up on her back like when I was little again.

I felt like I could touch the energy in the air. My mom's a unicorn and I'm an earth pony, like my dad, and I'm okay with that. Some fillies would tease me when I was a foal but not anymore.

Foals will be foals they say, but I don’t know what that means.

I felt my mom's magic around me as she picked me up and held me over her so I could see better. A few ponies behind us yelled, but I couldn't hear them and didn’t care. I was here for the show, the crowd, the energy!

The excitement was all-encompassing, to the point I couldn't even think; only feel.

Then it happened: A moment I would remember for the rest of my life. Rainbow Dash waved at me. ME! Out of a thousand ponies, she waved at me. Rainbow Dash is the coolest.

Except for my mom, that is. She’s cool too.

At first, I was so excited I thought I might pee, as gross as that sounds it's not unheard of, but I held it in. My entire body locked tight at what happened next; she flew to me and picked me up from my mother's grasp. With a couple words that I couldn't hear through the roar of the crowd, I saw my mom smile and nod.

With a few flaps all I heard was wind screaming through my ears. NO, wait, that was me. I was screaming, it was so much fun. I’d never been carried by a pegasus before, much less her!

Before I knew it we were so high that when I looked down I couldn't see anypony. Then, we stopped. She looked at me and smiled the most confident smile I'd ever seen and I knew what she was going to do.

"Ya ready, Squirt?"

"Oh yeah!" I yelled, expecting it to be noisy before I gasped. The air was thin up there but I was too distracted by the awesome cyan mare holding me, wrapping her legs around me. Her voice was so soft and rough that it reminded me of Uncle Red, who smokes a lot.

The world’s peaceful here. I need to get a Pegasus to bring me up here again. Rainbow Dash stopped flapping her wings and my heart fluttered, my breathing sped up, and my eyes widened as her grip tightened across my body.

Mom, Dad, Ring, Dry, Switch. My family and friends were all about to see the biggest moment in my life so far. We tipped and began to fall head first toward the ground.

The world was so quiet and peaceful. I felt the cloth on her uniform tighten as she opened her wings and began flapping them.

The air started to whoosh, then sounded then it turned silent. A sparkle of white caught my eye up ahead and I looked ahead at it and laughed. Rainbow Dash, the most awesome mare in Equestria, right after my mom, was about to do a Sonic Rainboom with me to the end the show. I watched the spark get brighter and I bucked my hardest and snapped my head back and up to try to see her.

I caught her unaware and she opened her wings to break speed and she stopped.

But, I didn't.

I heard screams and gasps as the air rolled my body to look at her. She flew at me faster than any creature should ever move. Closer and closer she got. It was so cool. This has to be part of the show. I turned my head and saw a dozen unicorns below me and coming closer fast. They were gonna catch me and it was gonna be fine.

Yeah, even if it's not part of the show they'll catch me. No problem. It's what magic does, my mom said tha-


Ugh, my ears are ringing so bad. They must've caught me close to the ground, I think I can see... Yeah, my friends! "Mom, dad? Everypony? How was the-" Oh I hate when I cough when I talk. The same for yawning, just always at the best part of a story you yawn. Wait, somethings... "Oh, my! Rainbow Dash?" I tried to shout, but I coughed again. Something wet is in my mouth and it tastes gross, like copper.

I want to yell and scream and get all fan-filly at her but I can't, move, my, body! The best I'll have to do is smile and hope that I can get an autograph. I want to thank the nurse for cleaning the lipstick off me after my cough… when’d I put that on?

"Heya, Squirt," Oh my gosh, she called me Squirt, "Glad ta see you made it this far. I'm, I'm sor-" ugh, the ringing is back.

Why's she crying? Did she say sorry? What for? I don't und--


I woke up again and fell asleep a few more times. I saw my mom talking to a doctor, or somepony wearing white and a stick-o-scope on their neck.


(...ot a few hours left, you need --)

(...ooo! My baby; my child! Not like this, not like-)

(...inutes. She's waking up, be as quick as you can...)


"Sweetie? Moon Watcher? It's mommy and daddy and all your friends... and Rainbow Dash. We're here to say goodnight."

It's so sleepy here. Hard to think, just, wanna, go to, sleep.

"I feel like I was up in the sky again,” why is it so sleepy to talk? “The thin air. The silence and quiet, peace all around me. The tightness of Rainbow holding onto m-" bucking coughing!

Okay, coughing's stopping, I can talk again. "I'm really sleepy everypony, can I have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow? I’d really like pancakes when I wake up."

Why is everypony crying?

I opened my eyes wider and saw them all standing around my bed.

I woke up and felt hooves all over my body. I looked down and saw mom touching me, but I couldn't feel it. Weird.

"My little pony," Rainbow said between sobs, "my little pony."

"I used to wonder what friendship could be," Ring said dryly.

"Until you shared its magic with me," Dry whispered, she always has been quiet.

"Big adventure, tons of fun," dad sobbed.

"A beautiful heart, faithful and strong," Switch said with his jaw tightly clenched. Why's he so sad?

"Sharing kindness is an easy feat and magic makes it all complete." Voices sang and I gasped as I glanced toward the doorway, The Wonderbolts are in my room!

There they were, in full uniform, looking at me. But, they were getting farther away, quieter.

"You're my... little... pony."

My mom's voice faded away like I was falling. As everything turned darker and that beeping noise sang a tone that faded with my mom's voice. It got so dark so quickly. Everypony's crying faded away.

"Mom? Why'm I so sleepy?"

Comments ( 19 )

AHH FOR! F****S SAKE!

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY
GOD ITs SO AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's just like lonely princess but worse

I do good at sad?

:twilightoops:

Oh god that was good. Was that song really necessary? Y'know what, it totally was, that ruined me. Christ.

Comment posted by Mocha Star deleted Jul 2nd, 2015

Whelp, finally actually read it.


:fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair::fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair::fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair::fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair::fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair:

Stop you're making me cry!

I'm so sad to see Moon Watcher die. Hurts it so much...:raritydespair: *can't grab a tissue...:raritycry:
Anyway great story how you turned Rainbow Dash became a criminal for killing Moon Watcher. Like the 1st person POV.

The phone starts ringing. She walks over to it and picks it up.

"Hello?"

"You ordered a million boxes of Feelios, right?"

"What? No I didn't!"

"Great! We'll be over there in a jiffy!"

"But I didn't-" The man at teh other end of the line hangs up. She curses under her breath.

"More Feelios for breakfast, again..."

That ending was so cheesy and horribly sad at the same time.

My friend Cody and I are going to read this together over skype tonight... I expect a good time. Awesome story, man. I gotta keep reading more of your work.

7595153
Hey, it's sad to me! :fluttercry:

:twilightsmile:

Very good sad story, though the song at the end was a little annoying...

Also, this story did not bring tears to my eyes, and I am not sure what is wrong with me; I have only ever had tears for one story, THIS ONE (The chapter labeled chapter 4).

7773677

Ya know, when I wrote this it was a tear jerker, but as time went on I guess I've grown out of that idea/thought that any song can be made sad. :twilightblush:

Thanks for reading and comment as you go if you choose to. :scootangel:

If you need an idea for a sad story I can suggest a couple that'll really get ya going, and no they aren't mine.

7773708

I'm not really one for writing stories, I mostly review them... thank you for the offer, though.

Wow, really? No one has commented in the last 9 weeks? Well then. Anyway, I have reviewed this HERE.

oh my gosh! that was so sad! :fluttercry: it was really good though

7949595
Thank you SO much. I appreciate the comment.
:)

Login or register to comment