• Published 15th May 2012
  • 3,926 Views, 158 Comments

Dashed Hopes and Reformed Dreams - ChaoticHarmony

  • ...
8
 158
 3,926

A Question, if you will (Author)

Hello those of you who like reading this story for some reason... I have a question for all of you...

How mad would you be if I went ahead and cancelled this story?

Now, before all of you leap to the comments to scream out "no", listen to what I have to say, please.



I started this fic in the hopes of it being done in a few days, a small thing. Somehow it grew to be something HUGE and with a plotline that I never really thought through. Now... The thing is that today I tried to restart myself on writing this fic. Needless to say I had to read over the past few chapters to remember exactly where I was at in the story... and as I did so I felt this dark feeling inside of me...

It finally came to me that I have screwed up royally with this thing. I mean, yeah, it might be good according to you guys... but I know that I have no idea how to end it. Or even where to take it next. I screwed up the characters, the relationships, and basically everything else with this story, and I can't help but feel that it would be kinder to these words and to you readers if I just cancelled it, rather than force myself to beat a dead horse.

Please, with this in mind, tell me what you think.

Comments ( 10 )

Hmm, I was wondering how you would end this, considering the romance drama has 'just' started. For things like this is why i use a story bible (story bibles -1, memory-0).

Although it would be disappointing, when you as writer can't fix your own story, it would be better to just cancel it instead of trying to keep it alive. Just, do write a proper explanation of what you had planned intially for your story and to include the answers to any questions we might have. It would be proper for the funeral of a long-fic.

The thing is, this whole drama thingy sort of lost it's pace and now everyone's just screwing around. The premise is great and would make for a good story, but the last chapters sort of put the relationships in a status where there is just one solution and the outcome is quite obvious. If you don't feel like "fixing" this, I would at least recommend keeping the premise in mind in case you feel like rewriting the story some time. It may seem unlikely now, but you may find yourself in a situation where you want to get back to it, especially since the characters are very lovable.

It is sad to see this story die, but there's no sense in keeping it alive if you can't live up to the standards you've set.

Perhaps you could try to write one more chapter to wrap up some things before you cancel it. Still better to stop then to drag on with something you have no clue on. :eeyup:

If you do, you should try to rewrite it with a bigger story in mind. As in, if you cancel it you will because of not I will die of sadness.

you atleast told us you may unlike most authors who simply just end it so i wont be as mad

you do what you need to do. I see what you mean, that perhaps a coherent ending could be difficult to draw out of what you have written, but i think the story has more potential than that. my vote is cancel, and give this idea another shot(if you have time and want to of course) with a little more planning because great thing could come from the concept. best of luck in whatever way you choose to handle this:raritywink:

Go ahead, you know we all enjoyed the ride here
who knows, someone out there might possibly ask your permission to take this story up and continue it with their ideas

...Damn, I really liked this fic.
Oh well, thanks for the reasons and the words you gave us!

It would be sad but if you would like to cancel this story feel free to

I would hate to see this piece of work cancelled. I know you will do what you think is best, but I think that some thinking and good ol' trial and error in drafting will bring this story to an appropriate conclusion.

Login or register to comment