• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 4,782 Views, 159 Comments

Fire Upon Strings - New Dawn



Jake is your average brony gamer... 'cept he's mute. One day at Comicon he finds a cosplay Evoker. What does he do? Buys it and gets sent to a candy colored land by someone called 'The Merchant'! Follow his adventure as he... What does he do exactly?

  • ...
11
 159
 4,782

Sixteen: Stories end all the time, but this one is just starting.

OK, TIME TO PANIC! Dinky's gone, I'm having to face the consequences of inviting a demon chick into ponyville and Adrian is once again gone! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE?!


"DINKY!" I yelled once again through the town of ponyville. I just got off the train from Canterlot since many ponies saw a filly board this same train.

I looked rapidly around the station, panicking a bit.

"Please don't tell me..." I mutter, straining my eyes to see her.

I lost her.... Again... Fucking sombra must have set a spell on her... Atleast he- wait, How will this effect the crystal empire?


Meanwhile in the empire,

A single pink featherlike item slowly fell from the sky, landing in front of a Pegasus. One with a wall eyed stare. A very confused wall eyed stare.


I'm sure it's probably been revealed. I just hope that Cadance and Shining will be able to take place as Princess and Prince.

Walking down an alleyway I find myself staring at small hoofprints leading into... The everfree. It's dangerous for a filly for her. Not so much me, but... still...

Turning away I run as fast as I can to find Rainbow. She's resting on a cloud.

"Rainbow!" I shout.

She rolls over.

"RAINBOW!" I shout a little louder.

"YAH! What?!"

"I might have found where Dinky's gone..." I tell her.

Her eyes grow to the size of pinpricks. She quickly flies down in front of my face.

"Where?!"


"THE EVERFREE FOREST?!" The whole mane 6 cries. We were currently in Twi's treehouse.

I nod.

"But why would a Filly go there?!" Rarity shouts.

"Magic." I reply.

"Of course! Why didn't I see it sooner!" Twilight says, pulling out a book.

She flips the pages to a certain spell. Mind control.

"It's never taken effect as quickly. But since I've been studying Orpheus' and Thanatos' magic, I've found that when equestrian magic and their magic are combined, it produces a more potent kind of magic. After extensive research in Canterlot, and some testing with Orpheus, We've lowered it down to the one pony responsible.. or shall I say, according to Orpheus, Persona." Twilight says.

"Messiah." I growl.

The girls gasp.

"Isn't he that brute that ponynapped you?!" Rarity asks.

I nod.

"Oh... My..." Fluttershy meekly replies.

"That's why I'm going to find him. I'll probably find Dinky wherever he is... and I think I know..." I say.

"Where?" Applejack asks.

"Tartarus." I mutter.

"Hold up! If you're going to a place like that, I'm comin' with ya!" Rainbow shouts.

The other ponies agree.

"... It's too dangerous." I tell them.

"T-to be honest, W-we couldn't exactly... touch the monsters in there..." Fluttershy points out.

"Exactly." I mutter.

"Then how come that chick was able to beat them back?!" Rainbow shouts.

"She was another displaced. I don't know how that works but It does and I'm not questioning it." I tell her.

The room fall silent.

"I'm still coming with you." Rainbow says, breaking the silence.

I stare at her.

"You're my friend. What kind of Element of Loyalty would I be to leave my friends hangin'." Rainbow smirks.

Have you finally loss some of y-

"That and I really want to get payback for those things kicking my flank."

"Of course you do..." I mutter.

"Well, It might be good to have Rainbow with you..." Fluttershy speaks up.

I sigh. There's no convincing these ponies.

"Fine. But I'm not the one at fault if you get killed." I tell her.

"Ha! As if they can catch me!" She taunts.

The mares laughs at Rainbow's statement. I smile a little and look out the window.

Stay strong Dinky...


I leave this journal with the small thoughts that I have written in here to the librarian of ponyville. I've managed to defeat Messiah but not without sacrifices. A portal has opened up... but I can't tell if it'll take us home or not... It may kill me to tell the truth. If I you are reading this without my permission, Either you broke in to read it, I'm dead, Or I'm home. Either one, Let my story be told. This is Orpheus, or Jake, putting this quill down for the last time. Dinky, I'll miss you...


Farther in the Everfree...

"O-orphey? M-mommy? Is anypony there?" A small voice calls out.

A small purple unicorn trotted through the forest, hiding at every single sound that presented themselves.

"I-I want to be home! With my mommy and daddy!" She cries out, terrified.

"I-I know you're alive mommy... I heard you.." She says, walking a little farther.

"You're alive..."


Adrian scoffed as he looked through the window at his brother conversing with the ponies.

"Can't believe he's making this fuss over one freaking filly." He mutters.

He watches a little longer before getting up and walking away.

"Maybe I should leave on my own adventure. I'll come back in a month or two to check up on things..."

A sudden breeze blew by, scattering sakura blossoms in the wind.

"I'm almost there..." The wind spoke.

"That almost sounded like.. Nah, Can't be her..." He spoke.

"It just can't... She's back home..."

Adrian looks around a little and shrugs. Looking around the small town once more, he leaves into the forest. But one pony watches him go... A certain mint green unicorn. She runs after the persona as a scream erupts from the forest.


The wall eyed mare that didn't have the crystal sheen picked up the rather large feather-like item. It was almost shaped like a flower petal. Little did that mare know that the same flower petal shaped item would belong to the one creature that would lead her on her biggest adventure yet....

My name is Selene... and this is my story as Konohana Sakuya. This is also the story of how I never made it back home... Alive.



In other words, This is the story.... Of my death.

Author's Note:

And with this... Ends the F.O.S arc. It's short, But worth it for the ending. The next, is titled Divided By The Flames. It's going to be partially co-written by me and Frost this time, featuring a new person(a). It will be much longer, 5,000 to 6,000 words this time (Yes, I am sticking with this plan this time). I plan for mysteries to be revealed, and a lot more fire. Because we can't have these arcs without fire!

Have any suggestions for the new arc? Comment below and I'll consider them. Any questions? Comment below. Complaints? Feel free to comment below but I'll just reply with HATERS GONNA HATE! Was this worth blowing off half my day? Yes, Yes it was. I'll cover the rest of the info in the next arc, which should be published around a few days or so from now. Or whenever I get enough time to edit it from the first idea. We had a good run guys, didn't we? Now if you excuse me I got to work off some school stress with even more stressful editing! Hooray!


KILLMENOW!

Comments ( 7 )

OH DAMN!!! Now the fun begins!

is it weird that I keep expecting Pinkie to pull out an evoker and summon a persona?

The mares laughs at Rainbow's statement. I smile a little and look out the window.

Subject-verb agreement

"T-to be honest, W-we couldn't exactly... touch the monsters in there..." Fluttershy points out.

My my, we have some dirty pony's here, don't we...

Have you finally loss some of y-

Lost, not a loss

Holy shit that cliffhanger

This story went down hill real quick. I'm gonna assume you've never done any research on mutes, your character so fuckin passive that time turner can scare you with a glare what is he a pussy beta can't take a look, pacing is just fucked. This deserves way more dislikes.

Hey, that's pretty good!

But why Orpheus?

8625378
What's that from, again?

Login or register to comment