• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 4,780 Views, 159 Comments

Fire Upon Strings - New Dawn



Jake is your average brony gamer... 'cept he's mute. One day at Comicon he finds a cosplay Evoker. What does he do? Buys it and gets sent to a candy colored land by someone called 'The Merchant'! Follow his adventure as he... What does he do exactly?

  • ...
11
 159
 4,780

Four: Scythe Wielding Fangirls and Pictures. Oh my.

I yawned as Twilight continued the endless questioning. Her friends had just gone home.

“Twilight, I gotta get some fresh air… I’ll be right back..” I yawn, walking out.

“But… Ok?!” She yells as I close the door.

The door opens a minute later and Adrian comes out, ducking under the door frame.

“What’s wrong?” He asks.

“Nothing. I felt something weird…” I tell him.

Suddenly something came out of the sky, nearly hitting me in the face.

“What the heck!?” Adrian yells.

I bend down to look at it. It’s about the same size and shape and something familiar…

“That’s it!” I yell.

“Huh?”

“It’s a odd velvet room key!” I shout.

“... No.” Adrian deadpans.

He bends down to take a better look and then stand back .

“It looks like a scythe.” He answers.

I pick it up.

“Yo, Need an Envoy of Gaia to kick some major butt for Good or Neutrality? Just use the key on anything with a lock and I’ll come running. Together, we’ll make Evil will regret ever coming around! Unless, you’re Evil. In that case, I’ll kick your butt.”

I suddenly drop it.

“WHAT THE HELL!?” I shout.

“Wow it’s rare to see you worked up.” He says, picking the item up.

“Huh. it’s a summon of some sort.” He says.

He inserts the key into twilight’s front door’s lock and turns it.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

“Being experimental. You pester me about it all the time… now ahem. If your games are correct…. COME OUT! THANATOS SUMMONS THEE!

“Adrian… Please don’t yell.” I say while grabbing the hand the key is in.

He burst out in laughter as the door suddenly glows. Out steps a girl in light brown clothes and wielding a giant watery scythe… In the middle of saying something.

“And that’s why Dusknoir is the best ghost type~” Then she opened her eyes, looking at my brother and I.

“Wooaaahh… Wait, pokemon?” I say, shocked.

“Where did you come from!?” Adrian blurts out.

She stared at us for an awkward amount of time before taking out some rope.

“... Uuhhh…” Adrian mutters before backing up.

“... letmeloveyou!” She charged at the two, her eyes gleaming.

“.... RUN!” We both yell, rushing out of the room.

“Come back!” The crazy scythe girl screamed, chasing after us.

“Worst! Idea! Yet! Adrian!” I shout at him.

He keep screaming as I look behind at the crazy scythe maniac. I could feel the stares of the ponies who were out at night as they saw what could be the weirdest thing to come into Ponyville.

“I must take you home with me!”

“I’m already taken back home!” I shout back.

“That’s probably not what she meant, idiot!” Adrian tells me.

“I’m talking about back to my Equestria! Flynn would have a fangasm!” The girl shouted back.

I pant as I shout, “Can’t we be reasonable!?”

“Maybe after we take a few more laps around Ponyville! I am pretty pumped to meet Orpheus and Thanatos!”

I facepalm.

“Adrian…. You messed up.” I sigh.

“It’ s not my- WOAH!” He shouts as he trips on a loose stone.

“CHANCE!” The girl jumped right onto Adrian, wrapping the rope around him. Then, she started cuddling him.

“NO! I’M NOT CUDDLY!” He shouts.

I run back and stare at the sight.

“Got yourself a girlfriend?” I joke.

“Oh haha…” He deadpans.

“eeeeeee~!” She hugged him just a bit tighter. “I need a camera~”

I crack up at this sight, falling over.

“Oh god! My brother! Being cuddled by a girl! No wonder you never got a girlfriend!” I laugh.

“Orpheus, can you find a camera?” The girl asked. “I want to prove to my friends that I met you two, even if you are most likely cosplayers.“

“Gladly. I still got to be back before Dinky wakes up but heck, I’ll do it.” I tell her, running off to find a camera.


I come back with a camera I … Uh… Borrowed from a pony.

“Ok guys. Say something!” I say before taking the picture.

“Persona~” The girl cheerfully spoke.

“NOOOO!” Adrian yells, struggling.

“Too late” I tell him and snap the picture.

The picture rolls out on the ground.

The girl quickly snatched it and waved it around to get the picture to show up. “Now I gotta get a picture with you and then a group shot!”

“What about a selfie?” I ask, turning the camera around.

“Sure, we can do that~!” She replied, poking one of the coffins.

“Stop that. I can feel that, you know. It feel extremely uncomfortable” Adrian sighs.

“Sorry, just wanted to know what it felt like.”

He sighs

“It’s ok… Wait, What’s your name?”

“Pecila. Used to be Kris.”

“I’m Adrian, like my brother, Jake over there, has been shouting for the past five or so minutes.” He says.

“I thought I told you this! Jake is dead! DEAD!” I shout at him.

“Yeah, Shut up Lil’ Bro.

“So, what did you two do to get stuck in stone for a thousand years?” Pecila asked out of the blue.

“Huh?” We both answer.

“I just arrived and saved a filly from a fire.” I explain.

“I woke up in a forest with wooden wolves.” Adrian explains.

“You mean Timber Wolves and weird. I got stuck in stone along with Flynn.” She put a hand to her mouth. “Stupid old merchant guy.”

“Wait, My theory was right?!” I shout.

“What theory?” Adrian asks.

“I came up with one when you went Bear-serk.” I explain.

He plants his face firmly in his hands.

“No. No Teddy Puns!” Pecila pouted. “It makes me miss him.”

“Yeah.. Before I was sent here I was in the middle of P4 Golden. It was where… I can’t say.” I say.

“You mean the part where everyone get sad or angry at the murderer?”

“You mean Adachi-baby?” I laugh.

“No, I’m talking about the one before that. The bad end one.”

“Oh. No it wasn’t that. It was a little before that… It involves Nanako.”

Adrian looks at the both of us.

“What are you talking about?!” He yells.

“Spoilers.” Pecila remarked offhandedly. “Poor Nanako. I want to give her a hug.”

“Same… Though It was always after wanting to punch Taro. “

“Anyways, I should probably tell you about this one displaced person you should avoid.” Pecila reached into her invisible bag and took out a selfy of some brown haired woman.

“Yeah?” I ask.

“He’s a trap. His name is Max and he can apparently stop time and stuff like that but he also does a lot of Innuendos.” Pecila explained. “He also tried to hit on Flynn even though she was uncomfortable.”

“Wait, She? I thought Flynn was a boy?” I point out.

“She was cosplaying as a male character.” Pecila responded.

“I see…” I tell her.

“Huh. A genderbent… uh…” Adrian said, struggling to finish.

“Flynn Scifo. That’s the character she was cosplaying as. Max was a guy before.”

“Oh.” Adrian said.

He looked over in my direction and whispered “Can Thanatos shoot fire?”

I shake my head and tell him “Thanatos doesn’t learn Agi skills.”

“He can inherit a skill called ‘Die for me’. It makes card people attack.” Pecila chirped.

“Really?” Adrian said.

He then glared in my direction and yelled “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THIS SOONER!?”

I shrug.

“He probably didn’t think about it. I mean, it’s a bit obscure.”

“No, I know a lot more than you’d think about Persona. I knew that already. He’s the one who didn’t decide to research.” I tell her. 3.

“Ah. Oh well.” She hopped off Adrian, taking the rope with her. “I’m done cuddling.”

Adrian stands up right away and glares at her. I slap him lightly on the arm.

“Grow up. I’m the little Brother here.” I joke.

“Yeah, and you wouldn’t want to know what Flynn would do to you.” Pecila smirked.

“Uh… No thank you.” He mutters.

I clap my hands together.

“So, group picture time?” I ask.

“Yeah!” Pecila’s eyes gleamed with anticipation.

I laugh and pick back up the camera.

“Uh… Anyone know how to set one of these?” I ask.

“You’re supposed to be the techno-geek.” Adrian remarks.

“We could ask Twilight. Well, if you guys are on good terms with her.”

“Sure.” I shrug.

“ORPHEUS!”

“Speak of the devil... I should have known she’d come running once I was missing for long enough…” I sigh.

Pecila got a mischievous grin in her eyes before taking out a key and ducking behind Adrian.

“Orpheus! Ponyville could have been in a panic for no good reason! You should know better than run off without telling me!” She scolded.

“Orpheus… Why did you run off?” Dinky asked.

“Oh you woke up too…” I look at Pecila at the corner of my eye.

Hopefully she got the message.

Which she apparently did, coming out sheepishly. “Hi… I’m sorry for stealing your personas.”

Dinky looked confused before answering.

“Uh… Orpheus is my guardian…. I don’t understand who that is though.” She said.

I facepalm.

“I came because you left this behind.” She said, holding out the Evoker.

“Oh thanks…” I sheepishly say, picking it out of her hoof.

“Er… My name’s Pecila, and unlike them, I’m a human.” Pecila looked very awkward.

Twilight looked around sheepishly.

“Riiiight.. Well, We’ll leave you be..” She said, backing up.

“Nah, it’s fine. Do you have any questions for me?” Pecila asked. “I mean, I can give you a different perspective than Orpheus and Thanatos.”

Twilight pointed at my bad excuse for a set camera.

“What exactly were you trying to do to that camera?” She asked.

“Er…”

Adrian just looked down.

“Take a picture. I’m actually not from this Equestria and I wanted to prove to my friends that I had actually talked to these two. Multiverse theory and all that.” Pecila shrugged. “So, can you help us out with the camera, please?”

Twilight hesitated for a bit before levitating the camera up and motioning with her hoof to getting position. I get into a pose quickly after realizing what was going on.

“Want to get in the picture, Dinky?” Pecila quickly asked, looking to the little unicorn.

Dinky brightened up and quickly hopped over.

Pecila smiled and threw up a peace sign. “Everyone say ‘Persona’!”

Adrian looked at me and shrugged.

“Persona?” I said, hesitantly.

“Persona!” Pecila chirped, rubbing Dinky’s head with her free hand.

Twilight smiled and pressed the button twice. The pictures rolled out and she caught them with her magic. She levitated a copy to both me and Pecila.

Pecila snatched it and quickly put it in her invisible bag. “Awesome~!”

I hand the picture to Dinky, who quickly hugged me.

“TWILIGHT!” The voice of spike rang out from across the square.

He was holding a scroll and I could faintly see a golden seal on it.

“Letter from the princess!” He shouts.

Pecila hid behind Adrian again before he saw her.

Twilight quickly levitates it out of his claws and opens it. Her eyes quickly read the pages.

“A fire broke out on the coast?” She reads aloud in confusion.

“Oh… Crap.” I mutter.

“Fire? Jaaakee….” Adrian growled.

“God dammit!” Pecila suddenly cried out in irritation. “Everytime!”

“It wasn’t me! I swear!” I shout at the both of them.

Spike quickly hid behind Twilight.

Pecila walked out. “No, I was talking about getting interrupted by serious stuff everytime I try to jump scare someone!”

I stare at her and facepalm. Adrian snickers.

“Shut. Up.” I growl at him.

“So, how’d the fire start?” Pecila looked to Twilight.

Twilight opened the letter again.

“Something about a monster with a… This can’t be right…” She said.

“A mask or something similar?” Pecila asked, looking a bit suspicious.

Twilight shakes her head.

“A harp. But I don’t know any other monsters other than Orpheus here that have harps.”

I take a step back.

“Woah, Your princess is accusing me?!” I shout.

I cross my arms and mutter “Sunbutt really needs to calm down.”

“Yeah, It’s obvious what’s going on.” Pecila spoke up. “It’s a setup and a misunderstanding. Something framed Orpheus. That or he has a second personality that comes out when he’s asleep.”

Those last words get me thinking.

“Second.. personality? Oh right… Adrian went Berserk the minute he got frustrated… Maybe something similar happened to me?” I point out

“Maybe. I mean, the only thing I can see Orpheus getting angry at are Demons and Shadows.” Pecila went quiet. “Ah. Shit.”

I remember that one shadow of a pony… maybe that was what set me off?

I glance up.

“Huh?”

I look over at Adrian. He’s fallen asleep propped up by the edge of a princess Celestia statue. I need the camera right now.

“In any case, you guys might need to make a token so you can get in contact with other Displaced.” Pecila reached into her bag and took out a dark purple book with a glowing eye on the cover. “This is Robin’s Token. You can write to him and he’ll respond.”

I glance at it.

“Huh… Interesting..” I pull out the Evoker.

“Will this do? I don’t really understand these token things myself.” I tell her.

“Yeah. You gotta put a bit of your energy into it while saying an awesome phase and thinking of how you want the gun to summon you.”

I nod and hold it in both my hands.

I am Orpheus. Master of Strings. Hold the gun to your head and be willing to take your own life then I shall deem you worthy of my help.

I hold it again in my left hand and toss it from hand to hand.

“So what now?” I ask.

“I ‘unno. Drop it I guess.”

I toss it down on the ground and watch as it vanishes into a portal.

“Woah.” I mutter.

“Ugh… My face hurt…” Adrian moans.

He slowly walk over and looks at us.

“What did I miss?”

“Something cool. You’ll find out later~” Pecila hummed.

Adrian slouched over.

“I always miss the cool stuff..” He mumbles.

“Anyways, let’s go back to the library so we can get everything recorded, including my statements so we can get Orpheus back in the gray light instead of the black light.” Pecila spoke up.

We all nod.

“But.. I haven’t exactly told Princess Celestia that I’m harboring a supposed criminal right now…” She smiles sheepishly.

“Then you can send her the information a little bit after Orpheus shows that he’s a good guy.” Pecila pointed out, putting the book token away. “Plus, there has to be some Displaced that can go into minds or something and find the truth.”

I nod, but somehow I don’t feel it’s that easy. Dinky yawns.

“I’d better get miss here in bed.” I tell dinky.

“But.. I’m not tired…” She yawns.

“See what I have to deal with?” I joke.

Pecila picked her up, scratching behind one of her ears.

I yawn.

“Thanks.” I tell her.

“You’re welcome.” She started walking toward the library. “Oh yeah, Twilight. How do I approach you to get you to go into some dangerous ruins with me?”

Twilight turns around and looks at Pecila strangely.

“What?!”

“Yeah, in my Equestria, I accidentally fell into some old ruins with my friends and I thought the you from my Equestria would love to go down there and find out about the ancient cat people that used to live there.”

Twilight’s eyes lit up.

“Is it possible!?” She exclaimed happily.

“Maybe you could come too. I don’t know all that much about tokens so maybe you could come if I summoned Orpheus and he was holding you at the time.” Pecila looked up. “Two Twilights might work.”

I sighed and facepalmed.

“Wouldn’t that cause a paradox?” I ask.

Twilight shrugged.

“I don’t know but I would love to find out!”

“Don’t think it would. Besides, now Twilight has a reason to keep you and your brother around~” Pecila smirked as we approached the library.

I sigh.

“Thaaannks.” I deadpan.

“You’re welcome~” She replied sweetly, pushing the library door open with her foot.

I sigh and walk in. I take my previous seat on the couch Twilight pulled out earlier.

Pecila sat down right beside me, rubbing Dinky’s head.

I look around for Adrian.

“Have you seen Adrian?” I ask.

Pecila blinked. “I thought he was following us.”

I look out the window. He was sluggishly moving across the pavement until he reached the door frame.

“Should have known…” I mutter.

“Huh, so the god of death isn’t a night owl.” Pecila snickered.

”Kinda Ironic huh…” I mutter.

“Yeah.” Pecila then looked to Twilight. “Whelp, let’s get this Q and A started.”

“I agree. It’s late and I’m starting be feel a bit tired…” I yawn.

Twilight nods and pulls out a list.

“Not the list again!” I moan.

“Well, I can just write the answers down. I mean, I can stay up late.”

I sigh in relief.

“I've never been able to stay up past… i don’t know, one or so. Even as a human. Plus with all that happened... ” I moan.

“Go to bed then.” She handed Dinky over to me. “I mean you’re probably stressed and I think this might be like a calm before the storm.”

I shake my head.

“I want to get the bottom this as well. I don’t know about him over there however.” I put dinky up on one of my shoulders and sit back down.

Pecila looked back to Twilight. “Well, let’s get started.”


five hours later

I sigh. I wasn’t used to staying up this late. But I need to figure this out.

Pecila looked like she was about to fall right over asleep. “Blergle.”

“So Orpheus, Can I ask you something?” Twilight said, perfectly normal.

“Huh… Sure…” I mumble.

“You said something about not being able to talk back home… What did you mean?” Twilight asked.

I look up at her.

“Oh I was a mute. Something happened when I was born or something…” I mutter.

The deep snoring of Adrian grew louder he stood up.

“What happened!” He yelled.

“Blag?” Pecila’s head shot up. “Dragons attacking?”

I shrug. Adrian shakes his head.

“What have I done…” He mutters.

“Yelled in your-” Pecila gave a huge yawn. “-Sleep.”

“You two look like you need some sleep. Besides, how does this summon thing work? Is there a time limit?” He asks.

“Well, you cancel the contract.” Pecila mumbled. “Just say like, ‘Contract fulfilled’ or something.”

“Are you ready to go back?” I ask.

“Yeaaaaaaah.” She yawned again and got up, stretching. “I bet Luke and Flynn are all worried.

I nod.

“When you come back this whole thing will be sorted out.” I tell her.

“Or it will have fallen in the fire.” Pecila pointed out, looking woozy.

Adrian quickly covered where his ears would be and shouted “DON’T JINX IT!”

I quickly facepalmed and said “You’re free to go. Contract fulfilled or something.” I mutter.

“Byyyyyye~ Tell Dinky that I love her~” Pecila fell back into a portal, disappearing into it.

“Bye” I said, falling back into the chair.

"Welp, That was entertaining..." I yawns as I fall unconscious as soon as my head hits the cushion.

Author's Note:

First crossover came late in the night on Thursday March 26, 2015. When I type this I'm tired from writing this.

The story crossed over in this chapter was Aura Blades by Dragon209816

Go check it out. I certainty get a laugh out of that story.

ORPHEUS IS NOW ABLE TO BE USED FOR CROSSOVERS GUYS!!!! YAY! Go summon Jake or whatever... I'm going to sleep. Yes, you'll get two chapters in one day! Now leave me aloooonnneeee!!!!