• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 1,895 Views, 31 Comments

The Very Hungry Caterpillar - sunnypack



Once there was a caterpillar and he was very hungry. Twilight investigates a noise coming from the kitchen. It's a caterpillar and it's very, very hungry.

  • ...
6
 31
 1,895

2 - In Which This Chapter Takes The Story A Little More Literally

Chapter 2: In Which This Chapter Takes The Story A Little More Literally

Twilight woke up the next day feeling much more refreshed. She was happy, so deliriously happy for Spike. He had gotten his wings and he could fly!

With a skip in her step, she headed down to the kitchen, as was the usual routine. Spike had gotten up ahead of her, but she spotted him outside the kitchen, looking in.

"What's wrong, Spike?"

"There's something in the kitchen, Twilight. It's in our fridge."

Twilight neared Spike, peering around him. She caught sight of a monstrously-sized rainbow-coloured caterpillar, eating from the fridge.

The caterpillar looked back at Spike and Twilight for a moment, before going back to snacking.

Twilight wouldn't let this dampen her mood.

"Come on, Spike. Let's get something to eat at the café," she muttered. She called back to the caterpillar over her shoulder. "If you touch the books, you'll regret it!"

Some say, that night, a beautiful butterfly was seen against the moonlight, it had beautiful papery wings.

Some say, that night, the library exploded.

Author's Note:

Twilight, you should really take care of the big hungry caterpillar in your library and not just leave it there.

In other news, the Hungry Caterpillar also ate the fanfiction section of the library, thank Celestia.

Comments ( 10 )

I thought this story was going to be dark at some point
Thankfully, it was not.

Dang. I thought Spike was going to turn into an actual butterfly.

amazing. i dont know how you do it

Is that you Alice? ...I don't even know anymore. The food deprivation is starting to take its toll on me.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

"Explodificated Tree
Watch out for spinters":rainbowwild:

Needs a crossover tag, I guess?
Either way, thanks for the nostalgia!

Yeah, that was pretty sweet.

Little rush of nostalgia, like real nostalgia there...thanks for that.

Fuller review here, but in brief: a smile-inducing take on Eric Carle's classic, with a satisfying ending to chapter one, despite "Molt Down" appearing since. I felt chapter two's humour was rather forced, and I think the fic works better without it. Still worth a like, though.

Login or register to comment