• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 1,593 Views, 35 Comments

Destiny: The Five - THOSEideas



Six went down into the Dark Below...only one returned. Eris is the last survivor, or so she thinks.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,593

Arrival

Author's Note:

I do not have the right to claim originality for some of the names in this chapter, that remains with Bungie and their game Destiny.

This chapter had a long time coming, but most of it was Writers block. Sorry.
Hope you enjoy it.

Shin wasn't sure what he had been expecting but it defeniately wasn't this; a sea of guardians all pointing their various weapons at his head and with deadly expressions on their faces. They didn't even look at the other two figures that stepped through the portal, they were all woried about the Renegade hunter, Shin Malphur. They had rejoiced when he had killed Dredgen Yor, scratched their heads when Eris chose him as a fireteam member, and felt confused when he had been reported dead.

All of these reasons had them pointing the deadly end of their guns at him and wondering how he had got there. The newly resurrected guardians just went with the flow, not sure what was going on. They remained there as they were with Shin's hands above his head and a confused expression on his face. He hadn't really known why he went through the portal or where it went. He was honestly confused about the whole situation.

"What the hell is THAT!!"

All eyes turned to the voice who had broken the silence: a warlock, female Awoken, newly resurrected. She was pointing to something behind Shin and all heads turned to see what it was.

Dorish Manik had felt awkward and uncomfortable whenever he had been in the tower, but now that he was a griffon and a formitable size compared to the average human, he felt like he was a drop of water in a volcano about to explode.

Jaws dropped, guns raised, and eyes widened as all memory of Shin had left their heads. What was the monstrosity that had stepped through the portal?! Most of the guardians present would have opened fire if Eriana-3 hadn't stepped in the way and visually defended poor Dorish. Most Guardians who had known Eriana weren't surprised that she had lived from her reported death, and had lowered their guns under her protective gaze.

"What is the meaning of thi---" the Speaker had come out to the courtyard to explain why the Traveler had just summoned everyone there, but he had been greeted by backs and gleaming guns. Of course, everything made sense when he saw two dead guardians standing up and an impossible mythical beast standing next to them, it was all too clear.

The rest of the guardians lowered their guns when the saw the Speaker, he was to be respected and not displeased.

"How and what are you doing here? You are supposed to be dead. And what is this creature that you have manged to bring back?" The speaker was surprised when the creature bristled its feathers and snarled at him before SPEAKING to him.

"I am NOT a creature! I am in fact Dorish Manik, Awoken Male Titan who once served her royal highnes the Queen and the White Army, defected to protect Humanity and to serve under the Traveler."

Guns were raised again.

"STOP! I will not have bloodshed in the stronghold of our people." The Speakers mask seemed to glare at all the Guardians until every last one of them returned their guns to their respective ghosts. "Now, you will need to explain further, because I do not see the familiar blue face of Dorish Manik staring back at me, but one of feathers and a beak."

Dorish calmed at the Speakers words, at least, enough to answer him without a snarl.

"I Died. My body was recovered by Shin Malphur at the cost of our new allies lives. And my soul was brought into this new body to preserve it. Thats the short story, I don't feel like I should go into more detail at the moment." The Guardians surrounding the trio all glanced at each other then at the speaker who was pondering what had been said.

"Shin. Is what he says true?"

"Would you believe me if I said yes?"

"...actually, yes I would. It seems that the Traveler has called back all its children of light, including Dorish Manik's new form. You shall remain as Dorish until we can or cannot prove otherwise." Dorish gave a bow to the Speaker in acknowledgement. "Now we must proceed to plan out the new information we have recieved, the most important being, the Enemies of the Traveler have massed together, and left."

All the Guardians stared at the Speaker in utter disbelief before cheering together and giving each other hugs and pats on the back, some even went an extra step. However, their joy was short lived from the next piece of news they recieved.

"The Traveler is leaving."

The cheers slowly died down as everyone thought about what that meant. They technically didn't need the Traveler any more, but they had grown attached to the floating orb. This news was kinda like watching your parents die, in a morbid sense. Although, it was the most accurate, the Traveler had given the world a folden Age and had brought peace to the universe. It had even given people a second chance at life, rebirthing them to protect the innocent.

"This is terrible news, yes. But," every guardian latched on to that final word with all their hope. "It has called our army to follow in its path. We shall follow it to where the darkness goes as well, it has given me a sign that this is where the darkness will fall. With it, we shall save the Universe."

Guardians put on their helmets, latched on their armor, collected their ammo, and polished their guns. They were going to war, the final stand, they were prepared to die for this unkown victim, as long as the Darkness died with them. One by one, the guardians were teleported up into their Jumpships and took off towards orbit, to await further orders.

Every guardian except eight.

Shin looked around at the empty courtyard, he saw five figures walk up to him, one was a sight for sore eyes.

"Good lord! You survived!" Shin ran forward and hugged the repulsive shadowed woman as she tried to believe what her eyes were telling her. "I wasn't sure if you had in fact lived, when you can you have to tell me everything. As I will tell you my story." Shin let go of Eris and focused his eyes on the remaining four guardians.

"Who are you? Friends of Eris'?"

The one on the far left spoke first. "I am Omar Agah, Hunter and associate of Eris'." The Guardian to Omar's left spoke next. "I am Sai Mota, Hunter and friend of Eris' nothing more." To Sai's left a Titan spoke up. "Vell Tarlowe."

Shin's eyes traveled up to the head of the Titan next to Vell, he was massive.

"Toland the Shattered, Warlock and banished for cause of madness." Toland smiled gleefuly at Shin and his shocked expression. How could he be a warlock?! His armor was too bulky and he didn't seem to be snobby at all. Although, stereotypes did have a few exceptions.


"So why did you guys all stay behind? Any important reason?" Toland voiced for all of them.

"We were told to stay by the Traveler, don't know why but I have a feeling we will find out." All four heads nodded. Shin looked back at Eris and noticed the Emotionless eyes that stared back at him.

"I will not except that you still live, not until I come back alive from where the Traveler is about to send us. Eriana! You come with me, the Traveler has asked for you. Everyone who is with me, step in front." All five Guardians stepped in fromt of Eris without question as Eris performed a purely dark Spell that would transpirt them to the heart of the abyss. "To all who stay behind, do not expect to see our faces again. For we do not expect to see yours."

Without another word Eris cast her spell and the six Guaedians disapeared in a swirl of sickly green and black. Leaving no trace of their presence besides Omar's spit on the ground.

Shin stared at the spot where Eris once stood and shook his head. Eris didn't escape from the Hive, she had died a long time ago.

Shin turned around to face Dorish Manik and the Speaker, the rest of the Tower was empty. Shin sighed and started to scavange ammo from the weapon stall. He now had use for his famed Hand Cannon, The Last Word. He even had ammo for his various side arms as well. Dorish followed his example and gathered ammo for his massive collection of firearms. They hadn't been given specific orders yet but they would eventually.

A thunderous boom drew his head to the Traveler as it shuddered and started moving. It gathered great speed and then took off into the stars, the lights of a thousand Guardian Jumpships following it. War had started once again.


Shin and Dorish sat on the railing over looking the last City and wondered what they should do. Dorish had flown around for a bit and stretched his wings, they had target practice, they even had a Arm wrestling contest. Yet they sat there bored and unused.

Shin let his mind travel to all he had experienced. He couldn't help but feel left out and still feel happy that he didn't have to go fight again. Then his thoughts traveled to the two remaining fireteam members that had gone into the Hive fortress. Eriana, Shin, Dorish, Eris had all survived but where were the other two? Were they dead? His thoughts were inturupted by a ship entering reality as it sped towards the Tower.

The ship was clearly marked as the Queen's Awoken, in Shin's mind the Queen could go to hell, she hadn't helped them at all in the past. She even looked down on her own kin if the joined the Humans to help out with the war! Who does that! And now they were probably here to loot everything.

Shin and Dorish both stood in the middle of the courtyard and waited for the eventual arrival of their guests. Three figues teleported down in front of them, a Queen ambassador and two Fallen. The Queen had some technique to subdue the Fallen into following her and to do her biding, Shin still didn't know hiw she did it.

The three figures approached the two and stopped five feet away from them. They then spread their hands out to show they were unarmed, or in the case of the Fallen how armed they were. The ambassador spoke for them.

"The Queen has sent her highest apologies to your council, we are late for the departure. However, we have recieved word that you two will need help for your next trial. Therefore we gift you these two Fallen, they will follow all your orders to their dying end, but be warned, they aren't as fragil as they look. Ta-ta for now." The ambassador spun on her heel and disapeared into the waiting Jumpship and sped off in the direction the Traveler left.

Shin was left staring into the eight eyes of the two fallen and their wide flat heads. Dorish on the other hand was eying their Eight arms, and the various equipment each carried. Both Fallen carried a spear on their back and two Shock swords on their hip. Two Shock pistols were strapped to each Thigh and a Shock Rifle was carried in two of their arms. A total of Four grenades were positioned on their chest and a massive battery kit covered their stomach. They were clearly there for one purpose.

Shin was just about to ask Dorish what they should do when a portal opened up the Balconies edge.

Shin looked at the two Fallen and motioned his head towards the portal. They nodded and charged through it. Dorish and Shin close behind.

Comments ( 2 )

5806404
Woops...let me fix that.

5824760 Yeah... I wonder why nobody mention that cause it was a MAJOR error. Like bluescreen of death when You're about to finish a very hard game.

Princess looked down at the creature with a new sense of respect, before it was the respect of not knowing but now it was the respect of awe. This creature had the power to give life, Cadence, Twilight, Luna and herself compined couldn't do that.

Excuse me but You flibbed the p upside down.

Apparantly the Humans were a peaceful race towards eachother ever since something called the Traveler came to their planet.

I'm here in 2015 and humans are still being assholes to each other!!! And before You ask yes I'm in the Destiny universe!

"Well sir my name is Sheared Fate, that is Lost Glory, and this is my twin brother, Twisted Fate."

I believe You forgot somebody?

Login or register to comment