• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 1,593 Views, 35 Comments

Destiny: The Five - THOSEideas



Six went down into the Dark Below...only one returned. Eris is the last survivor, or so she thinks.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,593

Shift: Shimarak

The creature ran through the forest constantly glancing over it's shoulders while pulling its right leg close to it's body. The creature groaned as the searing pain flared up in its wings, they were both broken and were hanging limply at its sides. In the distance it heard the howiling and barking of the wolves. With renewed vigor the creature limped as fast as it could towards the mountain in the distance, if it could get high it could escape. The wolves chased behind, enjoying the thrill of the hunt for the wounded pray.

The creature reached a rocky outcropping and reached upwards with its long claws to grab hold of the ledge. It screeched as it bumped its wounded hind leg against the rocks, the bite mark openned up further. The creature smelled its blood fall to the ground below it, that would surely attract the wolves attention. With a final heave the creature pulled it's body over the ledge and continued on with its escape, the wolves would have to go around the out cropping which would buy it time to get to the mountain.

The creature stumbeled along and nearly passed out as it let it's wounded leg drop a little too low and it hit a root that stuck up. The creature ignored the pain as best it could and clicked its beak in annoyance, it was a predator, not the damn prey that ran away. It promised itself that if it got out alive it would kill every last wolf it found. The creature burst from the tree line and onto flat plains that led up to the mountain in the middle of no where, it had gotten to safety. The creature heard the growl and howl of the wolves behind it, the creature turned to see four pairs of glowing eyes peering out at it.

Cursing slightly, the creature hobbled towards the still distant mountain, the wolves steady on his tail. The creature shreeked as a wolf bit down on it's tail, the creature briefly turned and ripped its claws down the face of the wolf, which let go with a yelp. The creature turned and ran on it's three remaining limbs, finnaly it reached the mountain base. The creature wasted no time to pounce upwards and start clawing its way upwards, a wolf started doing the same. The creature turned and snarled at the wolf before whipping it across its muzzle with its tail. The wolf dropped down, without any food.

The creature pulled itself over an edge and found a ledge that was big enough for it to lay on. The creature sprawled itself on the ledge and started to clean its wound, it was a nasty one. The creature couldn't do much seeing as it had a beak instead of a mouth with soft lips and a soft tongue. The creature was a griffin, and it was on its last legs, literally.

Shimarak, the son of Chief Chimuley, was stranded on a ledge in the middle of no where, destined to die of starvation or infection.

"Damn it all, why did those blasted ponies have to invade! We were just fine where we were!"

Shimarak ran a claw through his golden feathers and sighed as he realized he was a goner. His father was dead, he had no brothers or sisters, he was the last of the royal Gryphons. Doomed to die on a fucking ledge without any honor. Shimarak looked to his right and saw a boulder about the size of half his body, at least he could kill the wolves. Shimarak grapped the boulder and pushed it towards the edge, before pushing it he looked to see that sure enough the wolves were staring up at him, waiting.

"Eat this Fuckers..."

Shimarak gave a last shove to the boulder, sending it tumbling down the cliff and smashing the wolves before they had time to react. They had time to let a surprised yelp and let out a satisfactory crunch as the rock crushed their bones to dust. Thoroughly spent, Shimarak sat down and leaned against the rock face before closing his exotic pure white eyes, his black pupils sliding closed for the last time.


DG franticaly scanned the surrounding area for a suitable body for Dorish Manik, just a scrap of a bone would be enough to re-create a body. Sure, he could have used some from the graveyard but he wasn't about to reanimate someones lost loved one, that would be wrong on so many levels. He needed a body to house the soul of Dorish, a body that is physicaly able and mentally suitable for the functions of Dorish's capacity. Ponies wouldn't do, they had the mental capacity, but the complex physical and magical abilities would destroy Dorish rather than save him.

DG had given up searching the city and was now currently scanning the mountainside, anything could be hidden there. Sure enough, there was a small hone that rested on a ledge about half way down the mountain, from his readings this bone was a little awkward, physicaly anyway, mentally was fine and it didn't have any complex magical signatures. DG grapped the bone fragment in his aura and brought it to the clear area at the mountains base, he needed room.

DG quickly started infusing Dorish's soul into the bone, the infusion created a linkage that would start creating life within both objects, soul and body. DG monitored the process and started drawing the dust around them that contained the proper minerals to recreate this body, it was a very complex and delicate procedure.

After about thirty minutes the bones had been reconstructed, while the muscles, organs, viens, tissue, rapidly formed around them. DG watched in fascination as the muscles formed a body that contained very light weight bones with wings and a tail. According to his knowledge, this body was a cross between an eagle and a lion. A mythological Gryphon to be exact. DG was a little confused on how the previous owner of this body was going to change the new soul that was going to replace it. That was a bridge that would be crossed later.

DG watched as feathers grew across the upper half of the body and fur covered the bottom, how a cross like this happened, he would never know. DG waited anxiously as the finishing touches to the master piece were completed, it just needed to breathe. Dorish sat up in his new body and took a shudering gasp full of precious air, air and heat filled his body.

"Wake up Guardian...I hope you remember me, if not...then I'm your Ghost."

Dorish looked up at the floating ball that hovered near him before sneering and swipping at it.

"Why can't you just let me die?!"

DG swiftly moved out of reach so that he didn't get hit by those deadly claws.

"Dorish! I'm sorry! I truly am! But the only way that we are going to get off this planet is-"

"Why would I want to get off this planet? And why did you call me Doreesh? That's not my name and you know it!"

Uh oh, it seems the memories of the two souls got jumbled together, the personalities is like Dorish though...was it just memories that were altered?

"Forgive me...do you remember Shin? Or even what happened on the moon?"

"Yeah, I was with Shin on the moon, and then we somehow didn't die...but...I died by wolves. I died just up on that cliff...I had been wounded and I found refuge up there, hoping to be rescued. So how was I in space? How did I die a second time?"

"It seems that you-Dorish's memories were mashed with yours. Do you feel a life force within you? A surging power that gives you strength and endurance?"

"Yeah...I do, that is the Light, right? I remember that." The gryphon looked up at the mountain and then looked to the south of it. "I also remember the way home, we better get going if we want to avoid the eyes of the ponies."

DG floated in place, stunned. What had he done to Dorish's soul? He then traveled after the disapearing form of the gryphon as it sprinted across the landscape on all fours.

"Do you not remember how to fly?"

"Of course I remeber, but flying in enemy territory in the middle of the day is a sure way to get yourself killed."

"Enemy territory? Do you mean the ponies? They are trying to help us, they are the ones that are helping Shin fight the Darkness."

The gryphon slowed its pace until eventually it stopped entirely. It sat down on its back legs and swished its tail through the grass, rubbing under-neath its chin with a claw.

"Shin is working with the enemy?! To fight the enemy...my brain is going into over drive right now, give me a minute."

DG gave him three, he was willing to give his lost Guardian all the time he needed to get this confusing situation back under control. If it took a year to figure out then DG would wait a year, this was all his fault anyway.

"One part of me knows about the darkness while the other completely rejects the knowledge, just like the knowledge of the ponies... It's weird, my body movements are instinctive but my actions are not, right now I want to tear you in half for revenge as well as shake your hand in gratitude. GGGGRrrrrHHH!!! I'm just gonna go with what feels right! Follow me if you want."

The gryphon began its head long sprint in the direction it had been traveling before, DG was following, even more worried about the time bomb he just wired.


~meanwhile~

Celestia sat on her throne in the main hall, staring out across the sea of ponies as they tried to ask questions or get her picture. Most of them were asking about a certain alien that ran through the streets of Canterlot and had apparantly invaded the castle. Celestia's guards had their hooves full as they pushed the mob of ponies backwards and away from the princess.

"Princess Celestia! Princess Celestia! Do you have any wor-"

"Has the alien killed anypon-"

"Is it true that you slept with i-"

"Should we take it's presence as a threat?"

Celestia just sat on her throne and waited for the general clamor to die down before she would adress the crowd as a whole, she did not envy her sister at the moment either. Luna was currently bringing Twilight and her friends up to date on the situation as well as dealing with her dead guards. Emotional overload, or, patience test...rock and a hard place.

"What news on the two aliens that fought?!"

Celestia's ears perked up as the last question caught in her brain, aliens that fought? She had not heard of this.

"SILENCE!!!"

Celestia stood up and shouted in her royal canterlot voice to put an end to the bombardment of questions. She hadn't used it earlier because she was worried that it would scare the ponies even further, this was different however.

"Now, who was the pony that asked about the two aliens that fought? Step forward."

A stallion took a tentative step forward and gazed up at the princess with a slightly strained expression. He then dropped down and bowed respectfuly.

"I-I did your majesty."

"Good, tell me what you know of the situation so that I may be filled in on what the public understands." The public didn't need to know that she didn't know anything.

"U-Um, well...I have heard reports that an alien burst into a club and attacked and killed a pony before proceeding to devour the flesh on the pony. However, before the first alien could kill anymore ponies, a second alien dropped from the rafters of the building and killed the first one. The first alien was around five feet tall and the second one was reported as eight. Both aliens stood on their hind legs, but the second one had the ability to use magic, which it used to kill the first one.

"Strange though, after killing the first one, the second alien walked over to it before disintegrating it and walking out of the building. It left without stopping for anything. That is all I know."

As soon as the Stallion stopped his story more ponies started shouting over the others to give their accounts on the matter. Celestia ignored them all as she ran this information through her head, the second alien sounded kinda like Shin, but what was the first one?

"ORDER!... Thank you. Now, I will tell you what you need to hear about these alien sightings, however, first you need to sit down and pay close attention, I will only say this once..." Celestia looked around the room at all the eager ponies as they organized themselves and got settled in for the explanation they had all been waiting for, hopefuly.

"Thank you, You may have heard rumors of something falling from the sky and..."


Celestia sat back in her throne and let out a tired sigh, she had gotten that weight off her chest but more was sure to pile on. She had left out the more personal details about Shin but gave the public the facts that were generally asked about, like: gender, aggression, stability, where from, purpose...etc. There were definitely more questions that were going to be asked but hopefuly she narrowed it down alot, she made some ponies get up and leave with a successful expression on their faces. Then there were the ponies who were just there to get attention, like that one mare who kept on trying to swoon the guards into letting her pass, didn't work thank goodness.

"I have adressed most of your concerns and rest assured that we are on the hunt for what the purpose was for the alien that attacked the pony. Please leave the castle in an orderly fassion, you are all dismissed."

Celestia got out of her throne and walked out of the main hall through one of the side entrances to avoid the obvious resistance. Right now she needed to plan for a possible invasion of an army that held unimaginable power at their disposal. For that, she needed to get help from every thinking creature that lived on Equestria.

Author's Note:

It took me a while to write this chapter, I deleted at least half of it and re wrote it so if it doesn't make sense then please tell me. However, it is supposed to be confusing, how couldn't it when you have two souls smashed together?

Happy New year!!