• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 1,594 Views, 35 Comments

Destiny: The Five - THOSEideas



Six went down into the Dark Below...only one returned. Eris is the last survivor, or so she thinks.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,594

Endurance

The griffin scratched the stone floor with it's claws and muttered to it's self as it chipped and broke the claws. The griffin shifted it's sightless eyes from one side of the darkened room and lashed it's tail back and forth. The griffin then sprang forward and smashed into the iron bars that prohoibited it's escape, too many years of darkness had caused it's eyes to dull and forget what light was. It's crime: mutiny, treason, theft, rape, murder, war crimes, torture, arsen. His sentence: an eternity of darkness. What it's jailers didn't realize was that this griffin had already been given that sentence, he was cursed with everlasting life.

The griffin cluched it's head and shreaked as a metalic clang pierced the silence, it's ears not used to the noise. The griffin removed it's claws and stared at the stairwell that lead down into the pot that held it captive, foot steps were coming.

"Whitefeather! Today is your lucky day!"

Whitefeather heard the sound of five sets of feet, five guards to keep him in check. The jingle of keys, the metallic scrape of a lock being openned, the gurgle of a throat slashed. Whitefeather shoved the dead griffin into the nearest guard and made a stumbiling dash for the stairs. Whitefeather fell to the ground and struggled to get up from the four guards that pinned him to the floor.

Once Whitefeather had been carried to the top he had given up, he was in no physical condition to do anything. The guards forced something onto his head and tied pieces of cold, rough material onto his body, before they carried him onwards.


Shimarak looked up from his throne when he heard his doors open to reveal a griffin being thrown into his long house. The doors closed behind it immediately. The griffin struggled to get up underneath the whiteish armor it was wearing, eventually it managed. The griffin shook it's head and then snapped it's head towards the throne where Shimarak sat.

"Do my bones decieve me? Do the bones that lay across my feathers and fur lie? Is ther once again a lord of all griffins!"

Shimarak raised an eyebrow as the old griffin staggered forward, trying to get closer. As the griffin did, Shimarak saw that the armor was in fact bones, bones of a very large Dire wolf. If this griffin had killed the Dire wolf then he was certainly experienced, and skilled. What Shimarak also noticed was that the griffin had dried blood on its front claws and it's eyes were milky white. Blind.

"Who sits upon the throne of the Griffins and declares himself lord? Answer me!"

"Who stumbles into my home and yells at me, declaring answers?"

"Oh ho! We have a witty lord! Finnaly one with style, pizzazz! Unlike that last lord, whew he was an idiot. However, you seem to cast his shadow as well as your own. I am Whitefeather, the cursed and accused, never to live out the lies that have been cast on me!" Whitefeather just laughed at the joke he made. "It's funny cause I can't die of old age, hee hee."

Shimarak studied the so called Whitfeather with a curious eye, such a nonchalant griffin should have been killed out of annoyance long ago. This was not the Whitefeather he remembered.

"You claim to be my father's right claw, advisor and brother, yet you laugh at me. Why?"

"Oh! Excuse me! I did not realize I was speaking to Shimarak! The son of the last great royal! Shimarak the Coward can it truly be you?" Shimarak lept of his throne and pinned the old griffin to the ground with his claw he was about ready to tear this feather dusters throat out.

Much to Shimarak's surprise, Whitefeather just laughed and patted the side of Shimarak's cheek with his blood stained claw.

"Oh boy, you would be doing me a favor if you killed me, in fact I may feign anger at you for calling me a feather duster, just so you would have an excuse to do it."

Shimarak looked down at Whitefeather with bewilderment, had he just read his mind?

"Yup I did, it's a gift you acquire when you are cursed with the job of watching over all the rulers, yet you are never able to claim the throne for yourself."

Now Shimarak was completely confused, curse, gift, watching over? What?

"I will explain in due time deary, but right now we have the problem of getting this kingdom in check, and making sure our 'neigh'bors aren't angry. Whitefeather chuckled again at his own joke.

"Fine, but just tell me this, were you falsely accused of your crimes or did you really commit all of them?"

"Oh I committed murder, but who hasn't? I mean you see a brawl whenever you walk outside into the daylight. I guarantee that every griffin has at least killed another griffin, if only once."

Shimarak grunted and let the old griffin stand up, taking a step back to give him space. Whitefeather just smiled at Shimarak before spreading a wilting wing over his shoulders and gently guided the Lord of Griffin's towards the stairs in the long house.

"Sonny, we have a long talk ahead of us, you have got a lot of problems to fix before you got a proper kingdom. Riots, armies, wives, enemies, friends, allies. More stuff on your metaphorical plate then your father had."


"You cannot blame me for your mistakes."

Shin grumbled to himself and crossed his arms over his chest as his ghost berated him for forgetting his helmet in the courtyard by the bench.

"Yah but-"

"Shin, listen to yourself, what am I supposed to do? I do not have fingers to simply grap whatever I want. You are completely in the wrong and YOU will pay the consequences."

Shin sighed and slumped in his seat, he hated to admit it, but this was entirely his fault. He was not going to go back now because that could jepordize the mission, he would just have to work without it. Currently he was in orbit around the planet and was making a pass over the Griffin encampment, judging by the scans there was minimal activity at the moment. Shin leaned forward and pressed a botton on the control panel in his jumpship, making the scans thermal instead of motion. No significant difference in activity.

"Hey ghost, I gotta piss."

Shin yelped as he hit the ground bruised his tail bone, his ghost had teleported him down without warning.

"Thanks I guess."

Shin looked around before he undid his armor and did his buisness, once he finished he looked up at the sky to try and find the ship.

"Beam me up scotty!"

Shin waited for the familiar feeling but nothing happened.

"Scotty?"

"I'm here."

Shin jumped and glared at his ghost as it floated above his left shoulder.

"Why aren't you on the ship?"

"Look up and you find your answer."

Shin looked up and saw two flamming objects as they streaked towards the ground and split into smaller pieces. His jumpship was completely destroyed. Shin groaned as one of the objects blew up and sent millions of flaming shrapnel across the sky. This was going to complicate things.

"How far away were Luna and her guards to the border?"

"About an hour."

Shin sighed and started trotting towards the direction that the objects landed, he was going to find anything that he could salvage. Luckily his ship had landed only three miles away, according to his ghost.

"How did it blow up anyway?"

"Don't know. It was hit from the back by what I am assuming is the other flaming object. Then the just tumbled towards the ground as you saw."

Great. Whoever had seen the objects were probably going to investigate, and that probably meant the griffin's that they weren't supposed to reveal themselves to. At least he hadn't died in the crash, for once in his life having to take a leak actually got him out of trouble. Instead of making more trouble. Shin shrugged a the thoughts out of his head and instead focused on getting to the crash site as soon as possible.

Shin ran through silently as the landscape passed him by, without giving him a second thought. Everything looked so similar to Earth it was hard to remember that it wasn't. All it needed was a mass of blood thirsty aliens that wanted to kill all 'good' creatures in the world and it would be just like home. And it turns out that, that may happen.


Kird flew around the grounds of Canterlot Castle, looking for any intruders. At least that's what anypony else would think he was doing. In truth he wasn't a tan pegasus royal guard, he was a Changeling. He had spent three years to gain complete trust with pony kind, he even fought of his brothers and sisters at the royal wedding. His mission had been to find anything that could be useful for the Queen and the Hive, it hadn't changed for the three years he has had.

Kird was about to fly around to the other side of the castle before he saw a small flash in the corner of his eye. Looking down he saw an oval shapped grey thing laying in the grass next to a bench. Curious, Kird flew down and landed next to the object, he then picked it up. He found that it was hollow and seemed to have a magical display on the inside, but he couldn't figure out the use for it. Kird shrugged and carried the object into the air, continuing to study it, maybe this was some sort of prototype. Could be important.

Kird smiled at the thought of his Queen giving him an award for bringing back some top secret weapon that the ponies were making. She would love what he found, possibly even the new comer would like it.


Kird was bowing before his Queen and the ten foot tall new comer, both were equally terrifying.


"Speak. What is so important that you abandon your post and come to me personally?"

His Queen had a sharp and demanding tone to it, meanwhile the new comer just looked down at him and rested its hands on the massive sword that stuck in the ground between its feet.

"I have brought you this."

Kird reached behind him and revealed the artifact that he had found, hos Queen simply stared at it with confusion while the new comer, looked at it with what seemed to be disbelief.

"Explain."

Kird didn't know where to start, he had no idea what it was or what it was capable of, how could he explain? Turns out the new comer had the answer. It reached forward and plucked the artifact out of his grasp, crushed it, and picked Kird up with it's other hand.

"What are you doing?" The Queen asked with bewilderment.

The new comer looked over at her and held out the now crushed artifact.

"Tracker"

Kird's eyes went wide as he heard the new comer speak for the first time, it sounded like ice-skates on gravel. Kird's eyes went even wider when the new comer threw him into the pit that no Changeling had dared go near, the sounds that came out of it were horryfing. The sounds that came out of it now were even worse.


"Your helmet was just destroyed."

"What? How? Dod someone step on it?"

"Don't know, maybe they thought it was some sort of rubbish and threw it away."

"Dang, well I guess I can manage without one for now. Do you know where it was destroyed?"

"How am I supposed to know that? Do you think I put a tracker on every little piece of armor you have?"

"Fair point."

Author's Note:

A little shorter then usual I know. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Discuss in the comments below! What do you think happened? Whats in the pit? Will Applejack and Rainbow dash make a full recovery?