• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 1,594 Views, 35 Comments

Destiny: The Five - THOSEideas



Six went down into the Dark Below...only one returned. Eris is the last survivor, or so she thinks.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,594

ALPHA-ALPHA-GAMMA: Eriana-3

Eriana-3 had used all of her amunition and was patiently waiting for the explosion that would crush her metalic body and send her into files of uselesss data.

BETA-DELTA-ROMEO-ALPHA

Eriana switched her eyes back on and looked around her, she was floating in space. According to her data base, she wasn't in the solar system and about a week had passed since her last consciousness. Eriana suspected that she was only functional because of the light that fed her body with energy every cycle of her mainframe. Eriana did a mental scan of her body and found that she was perfectly intact and was functional in every way.

Eriana relaxed her body and shut off all power to her unimportant systems, she just floated through space thinking to herself. Eriana calculated that if she had been sent here then maybe the others had been as well, if that were the case then they had probably frozen to death in the vacum that was space. Eriana once again thanked the Human ancestors that she had been created as a sapient robot, no worry about food, water, or even heat, just what to do with her almost eternal life span.

VICTOR-BRAVO-HELIOS-ALPHA

Funny, there was a Jumpship link active in the area, perhaps this was an alternate universe of the same system, she calculated that that could be a possibility. Eriana called forth her ghost and summoned her Jumpship around her frame, planting herself in the pilots seat. Eriana set her arms to the usual function of flight controls while she allowed her mind to be distracted by the blip on her radar that indicated another ship in this area.

Eriana took the coordinated from the radar and set her eyes to them, just inside of the planets atmosphere was a Jumpship Fighter class. She set a intercept course and launched herself at it, she needed to get close to it to find out who was flying in the area. However, as her mind was distracted by the radar she failed to notice the failure in the engines as she entered the atmosphere. She did notice when the ship failed to slow down and continued on its crash course towards the jumpship. Eriana let out a disapointed waze length of noise that the Humans called a sigh, hopefully the jumpship would notice her and get out of the way in time.

Eriana watched as she drew closer and closer to the jumpship, speeding up every inch of the way. She was caught in the gravity well and she was going to pay the price for it, she wasn't worried about dying, she could just put herself back together, she was worried about the other being in the ship.

ALPHA-ALPHA-GAMMA

Eriana-3 switched her eyes back on and found that her left arm was still attached to her torso, her right was misplaced. She also noticed that she had crushed her left leg into almost uselessness, there was bits of metal and wire laying everywhere. Eriana made her body stand up and limp towards where her head was lying. She had almost lost it. Eriana lifted her head onto her shoulders and her ghost re wired it back in place and closed up the metal seams, good as new.

Eriana then proceded to remove her leg and held it up so the ghost could fix it as well. While this was happening she viewed her surroundings and saw the two metal husks that had once been jumpships. Woops. Eriana failed to find her missing arm and shrugged her remaining one, she only needed one. Eriana than had a recurring thought go through her mainframe, why was she a she? Who had decided that she was female? Once again she shrugged her shoulder. Once the ghost had fixed her crushed leg she put back on still standing on her attached one. The ghost floated dutifly by her and welded her missing shoulder together while closing off the loose wires so that they didn't connect and short circuit her, it was pleasurable but only at the right times.

Eriana wlaked to one of the husks and picked through the wreckage, trying to find anything useful. She found her Railgun and sighed in relief that it survived the fall. This thing was as deadly as it was to the reciever as it was the giver, it had a tendency to blow up and kill the operator, she had modified hers and was happy that she hadn't had an accident.

Eriana-3 whipped around when she flet the tremors of a foot step coming a mile off. Eriana looked at her surroundings and decided that the hill laying to the left of the two craters was a good vantage point. She quickly ran up the hill and stood with a staggered step and one armed her Railgun with a perfectly stable arm, she had locked it in place. When Eriana magnified her vision she found her target and aimed through the scope to see who or what it was. Eriana sighed with relief as she saw a white haired human running towards her position and slowly squeezed the trigger.


The ground exploded and sent Shin flying backwards. Shin just lay still and decided to play dead, he had no idea what had hit him. Shin quickly decided that playin dead was a bad idea when the ground behind his head blew up and sent dirt flying everywhere. Shin ran forward and staggered backwards as a blinding force pushed past him and blew up the rock he was heading for. Shin raised his hands above his head and slowly turned around, trying to find his attacker.

Shin couldn't see anything and marvelled at his attackers ability at stealth, but if they were trying to kill him then they were a crappy shot. Shin sniffed the air and smelled a familiar scent, Ozone. Shin scrunched his face in confusion, it also had a metallic tang to it that reminded him of magnets. Shin knew what this was from but that was improbable, the only Railgun that he knew of was the one that Eriana-3 had...

Oh.

"ALRIGHT ERIANA! YOU GOT ME! YOU CAN COME OUT NOW!!"

Shin dropped his arms and waited for her to reveal herself, when she didn't Shin looked around him in wonder. Was it actually her?

Shin threw his arms up when a projectile went wizzing dangerously close to his man-hood, three seconds later he heard said projectile hit. Shin was scared out of his wits, perhaps Eriana had died and he had assumed wrong about her character and stubborness to live. Exo's were tough but she had a certain nack for giving death the finger.

Shin slowly turned his head when he heard a mechanical laughter that warned him somebody was there. Shin sighed when he saw Eriana walking towards him with her Railgun over her shoulder and her Warlock band give off a flash of fire that quickly traveled half way up her bicep. Warlocks were closely conected to fire and it had amazed him when he saw a human warlock with a similar arm band that burned and blakened his skin and he didn't even notice.

Eriana wlked up to him and nodded her head at him, with a sigh of relief, Shin dropped his arms to his sides.

"You gave me quite the scare, twice. You blew up my jumpship and then you almost kill me with your stupid Railgun. Icesmasher? Slushmaker? What did you call it?"

Eriana-3 just continued to stare at him and he gave up trying to read her expression, Exo's revealed no emotion through facial movements. They simply couldn't.

"Icebreaker..."

"Ah, that's right. So...just arrive? Welcome to Equestria! The land of talking Ponies and magic. Mythology included."

Eriana shrugged her remaining arm and remained quiet for the moment, she didn't talk much.

"Well, you comprimised a mission I was in, so now you get to help my fix it, lets hope noone else saw the crash...I highly doubt they didn't but..."

Eriana-3 and Shin hed off the way he had come, back towards the Griffin territory and most likely trouble.


Shimarak was leaning over a modern map of Equestria and Griffinidium, it included all the pony cities and settlements, as well as the Griffin dwellings. Shimarak had marvelled at how much the soft squishy ponies managed to claim from the mighty and blood thirsty griffins, further proof that the disapearance of Shimarak had unbalanced the little control and order Griffin's possessed. Whitefeather just gazed at the table in front of him and simply sat still, using his other senses to direct his thoughts and inform him of his surroundings. Currently Shimarak was in the War room of the Long house and when he opened the door a gust of dust blew in his face.

Shimarak had ignored the dust and had listened to Whitefeather's instructions to study maps and to read up on the history he missed. Shimarak glanced up at the old withered Griffin that had taken off his Dire-wolf armor and placed it upon the table across from him. It appeared that he had fallen asleep, and judging by his breathing, a very labored one.

"I do not sleep deary, I have forgotten how to. That's what happens to a mortal when he is given Imortality. They suffer. Further proof that the two Goddesses that currently reside in Canterlot are to be feared, they sleep. Meaning that they are true Immortals and have nothing to fear. The royals are the closest thing Griffins will get to Immortals, I am simply a mistake."

Shimarak returned his gaze back to the map spread out in front of him, he slowly traced a circle around the star that represented the capital of Griffinidium.

"A mistake?"

"Yes Deary, I was supposed to be blessed. But with all deals that are dealt with higher powers there is a catch. I did not realize that I had promised that I would never let a royal die by another living being. Royals were only supposed to die by age. You cursed me."

Shimarak raised his eyebrow at Whitefeather. He was the first royal to die by unnatural means? That was oddly insulting. Shimarak swore to himself that he would help Whitefeather releave his curse and return him to mortality. But that was for another time.

Shimarak snapped his head to the door when he heard three sharp raps on the frame.

"Who goes there!"

"My lord. An audience has been requested of you by one of the rulers in Equestria."

Shimarak glanced at Whitefeather who shifted in his seat but other than that showed no emotion.

"Tell them that I will be shortly."

"Yes, My lord."

Shimarak heard the retreating steps go away from the closed door and searched for DG who seemed to remain close but not in the way.

"DG?"

"Yes guardian?"

Once again a fragmented memory surfaced in Shimarak's head and puzzeled him before it retreated to the back of his mind.

"I need you to go ahead of me and make sure its safe, do not be seen."

With no reply DG disapeared and Shimarak could only assume that he was following the order given to him.


Princess Luna stood before the empty throne that once held a Royal Griffin, his sons and daughters would be layed out around him. Now, it stood empty as it had for hundreds of years. The last Royal had gone missing in that fateful battle for independence. Princess Luna had been escorted directly into the Long house, her guards ordered to stay outside the doors. Luna was slightly confused why she would be sitting in front of this throne when there were no royals left.

Luna's ears saiveled to her right when she heard a door openning and then closing, followed by the tell-tale wlaking pattern of a griffin. Luna's head followed her ears and she looked up at the stairs leading up to the second floor, descending was an exceptionaly big, male, Griffin that had a magical aura surrounding him. Looking back, Luna scolded herself for audibly gasping when she realized that the male in question was in fact a Royal.

The Griffin ignored her and walked up to his throne before resting his body in the cold and uncomfortable confines of the bones that made the throne. Unlike the throne, the Griffin seemed alive and well informed, not a scrap of innocence left within those cold icy eyes that stared into her own. Luna was slightly attracted by his appearance. However, her attention was drawn to the snorting and chortling of an exceptionaly old Griffin that settled his frail body to the right of the throne.

"Wow, a princess of Equestria attracted to a Royal Griffin? This will amount to only good things i'm sure."

Luna was slightly taken back by the old Griffin, he held his posture as if he was tired constantly and couldn't get rest. Where ever his blind gaze fell, death seemed to focus, yet the griffin had not been the focus of death, ever. He was cursed.

"Aye I am cursed. Finnaly a smart individual who has gathered enough wisdom and experionce to out-do me. I am honored to be in your presence."

The Griffin bowed his head and fluffed his wings out as best he could before raising his gaze back to her and simply sat motionless.

The Griffin on the throne had not moved an inch during the whole encouter but had watched her explicitly, seeking any leverage. Luna decided that since she was the guest she should start first.

"I have come on behalf of Equestria and her Citizens. We regret to inform you that one of your subjects has assaulted multiple ponies and seriously harmed A very important individual. We seem to find said Griffin and serve justice upon him, if you will be so kind as to allow us to do so."

Princess Luna carefully studied the Griffin's face as he pressed his arms into the sharp spines of the arm rests. He seemed tense and uncomfortable.

"There is a slight problem with that. You see, It was I who Assaulted those ponies."

Princess Luna was taken back that A leader of a country would perform such an act, it was not unheard of but it was a incredibly risky move.

"Then you must be the one to pay for the crimes you have comitted, or else we will have an unwanted disagreement."

Princess Luna stressed the last word to make sure that she was understood, she did not want war, but she was willing to declare it. The Griffin gave her a crooked smile that suggested that he was going to say something she wouldn't like. The Griffin leaned forward in his Throne and was about to say something when his ears perked up. Luna heard it too, footsteps on the roof. But they were wrong, there was only two thumps instead of four, Luna was sure it wasn't Shin. They would be much lighter.

"We seem to have a visitor that has no mind...I cannot see their thoughts. Truly remarkable."

Princess Luna turned her gaze to the old Griffin before she heard a deafening boom and she was showered with splinters.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait. I got sick, tied off loose ends on my other story, and procrasinated. Hopefuly you enjoyed the chapter though.

More on the way.