• Published 30th May 2015
  • 1,507 Views, 51 Comments

A Tad Screwy: The Laughing Dazzling - Discorded SheepcityUSA



Thanks to Sunset Shimmer, Screwball has managed to stop destroying school property and being an overall nuisance to everybody, and as a result has actual friends now. But when three new girls come into the picture, her loyalty is put to the test.

  • ...
6
 51
 1,507

Temptation

They’d done it now. The entire cafeteria was arguing with each other now. In the matter of only about two minutes the Dazzling’s song had reduced the student body to the equivalent of packs of angry wolves snarling at each other. And all over a musical competition that they’d instigated in the first place.

It was funny how petty humans can be sometimes. So quick to try and get at each other’s throats. They truly were the perfect specimens for feeding off of. After this successful sabotage, they all headed back out of the cafeteria and spoke to each other in the hallway, out of the way and earshot of anybody else.

“Nice work in there girls. We’ve got those kids going absolutely crazy! And Aria, you-“ Adagio was shot an angry glare from Aria before she got a chance to finish.

“Adagio if you say I was out of sync again, so help me.” She growled.

“Now what made you think I was going to say that? I was just going to say that you probably sounded at your best today” Adagio asked with a legitimately genuine sounding tone to her voice, no sarcasm coming through at all. Aria would have relaxed after that if Adagio hadn’t immediately followed up that comment with something else. “…And you were out of sync.” She added with her signature smirk.

Aria’s frown deepened hard and she clenched her teeth a little. She’d known Adagio and Sonata for a really long time now, and it’s well known that if you hang around a select group of people for as long as she has, you’re bound to get sick of them eventually. That’d already happened maybe a year into their banishment to this dimension. It’s been a thousand years now.

Sonata gently rubbed Aria’s back to try to get her to relax. “Shhhh calm doooown. Adagio’s just saying you might need to work on…” Sonata paused for a moment and her face grew a little curious. She noticeably rubbed Aria’s back a little harder. “….You’re not wearing one of those things that girls wear on their chests today are you?” she asked. That earned a slap on her hands from Aria, making her flinch a little in surprise.

Aria obviously was very flustered about this, and her face turned completely beet red, but didn’t lose her angry demeanor. “S-SHUT UP SONATA, I FORGOT!” she yelled. “B-Besides, shouldn’t we be worried about if our singing affected that little purple brat? She looked way too calm when she left.”

“I see no reason for our voices not to work on her. After all, just like everyone else she’s only human. Not much to her outside a pair of deformed eyes and pre-teen angst.” Adagio said confidently. The three girls were then thrown completely off guard by the sound of the very familiar and childish voice of the aforementioned girl.

“Pre-teen angst? Woooow you really don’t know me at all after our few minutes of meeting. I’m hurt.”

The girls all turned around quickly to see where the voice was coming from, but found nothing. Instead what Sonata and Aria got were to white rags being shoved into their faces from behind. Both of them struggled to get them off but soon found themselves feeling too drained to fight it and passed out on the ground. Adagio, obviously shocked looked at the attacker, who was none other
than Screwball. She was holding the white rags she’d used to knock out Aria and Sonata by her sides and stood over their unconscious bodies with a big grin on her face.

Screwball then looked up at Adagio, who was now her current target. “Hehehe, I THOUGHT that stuff I spilled on my rags was chloroform. But maaaaybe I should make extra suuure~” Screwball dragged her words out in a creepily cheery tone of voice with her demented smile growing wider by the second. She started to walk closer and closer to her target, making her slightly back up a little.

As Adagio began to back away though, she began to think. This was a little girl. She was a lot taller and stronger than she was. She just caught Sonata and Aria by surprise there. Why was she scared? She could take her on easily.

Taking that into account, Adagio frustratingly threw a punch Screwball’s way to get her off her back. To her shock though, she moved her head completely out of the way of her fist. She then proceeded to grab Adagio’s arm to hold her back for just long enough to shove the chloroform rag into Adagio’s face. It didn’t take long for it to begin to affect her and her eyes slowly began to close. Her mind started to drift off and lose focus of the situation and was starting to black out.

The last thing she heard before completely losing consciousness was the sound of Screwball whispering in her ear. “Shhhhh just let it happeeen. Everything will be okay. Trusssst me~”






All Adagio could see was darkness as her eyes fluttered open and she began to slowly bring herself back to reality. Her “sleep” if she could call it that, was anything but blissful, and her head was pounding like a drum when she awakened. ‘What happened? What’s going on?!’ she groaned in her head. One of the first things she noticed right away was that she couldn’t speak due to a strip of duct tape slapped over her mouth. She tried to get up but to her shock, she found that she was unable to move her arms or her legs. She struggled heavily to move but discovered that her limbs had been restrained by uncomfortably tight rope. ‘The hell?! What’d that kid do to me?!’ she angrily thought, a few furious grunts coming out of her, being muffled by the duct tape.

That was when she felt something behind her. It felt warm to the touch from her bound hands, and she could also hear two other muffled voices in the darkness of the room with her. Given what happened earlier, she didn’t need to think very hard to gather that Aria and Sonata were in the same situation as her. ‘Oh my Celestia are you serious?! We got kidnapped by a little girl?!’ she thought to herself again in bitter frustration. She hoped that whatever Screwball had planned for them that she wouldn’t actually kill them. The scenario was already embarrassing and ridiculous enough as it was, but that would be the absolute worst way ever to go out.

Adagio was torn from these thoughts the instant she heard the sound of piano keys being rhythmically pressed for a moment before the sound of that damned child’s voice accompanying it with a cheery tune. One of the lights in the room switched on, showing below it Screwball sitting at a piano and singing to her own tune.

“We’ll meet again!~ Don’t know where, don’t know wheeeeen!~ Oh I know we’ll meet again some sunnyyyyy dayyyy!~”


To the surprise of the Dazzlings, Screwball’s singing voice was actually quite nice to listen to. Somewhat soothing and beauteous actually. ‘Too bad it has to be wasted on someone like her.’ Adagio thought again.

Screwball then acknowledged that the Dazzlings were all looking at her and stopped playing the piano. “Oh, sweet you’re awake. Hehe, ya know it’s funny. Whenever I see a couple of girls tied up like this, it’s usually for more…how do I put this…’R-rated’ things. But anyway, listen uh Ad…Aga…the orange one. Remember how I said everything was gonna be alright before you had your nap?” Screwball asked. She then reached over next to her on the chair she was sitting on and picked up a couple of small, and shiny red objects. All of the Dazzlings recognized them as the pendants they’d normally wear around their necks. Screwballl had taken them off when they were passed out. “Weeeeell…nobody said I was honest.” Screwball added.

The three girls all had different reactions to seeing the sources of their power being dangled in front of them. Adagio gave Screwball an unamused expression. Aria’s face was bright red and absolutely seething with rage (if she didn’t have the tape over her mouth then it’d probably be foaming), and Sonata only gave a muffled whimper that sounded similar to that of a puppy’s when it wants to be held.

Screwball didn’t pay any mind to the Dazzling’s varied reactions, and stood up in front of them. “Now I’d imagine you three have a lot of questions so I’m gonna take that tape off and let you get in whatever you have to say. But. If you try to scream…well, I’ll just say you’re gonna have a hard time performing your songs when everyone pays more attention to a couple of bald spots.” Screwball said, picking up a pair of scissors she also had sitting next to her on her chair. The sight unnerved the other Dazzlings (indicated by a few beads of sweat forming on their heads) but Sonata looked like she was having a panic attack at the thought of the scissors cutting off her ponytail. Her eyes widened, her chest rose and fell at a rapid pace, and she was sweating a lot more than Adagio than Aria were.

“Now that we understand each other...” Screwball then leaned down and ripped the tape off their mouths, making small yelps of pain and angry growls escape the girl’s mouths. “Let’s get to business m’kay? You answer my questions and I’ll answer yours. Sound good? Good. There’s no way you three are human. What are you and what are your plans?”

Adagio let out a slight grunt at this. “Tell us something first. How did our voices not affect you? How did you find us out?”


“Uuugh difficuuuuult” Screwball groaned loudly. “Fine, fine. You are sort of my captives so I GUESS you deserve to know that much. Lemme explain the obvious to you. See, my mind’s already loony and completely unhinged as it is. It’s like trying to play with an RC helicopter with no rotors, it’s pointless. In other words-“ she then raised her hands upwards to the ceiling with her demented smile spreading from ear to ear in probably the most terrifying display it could be, considering a little girl was doing this. “I’m already mad as hell~”

Aria growled a little and whispered to Adagio. “Way to go Adagio. Your brilliant plan didn’t work. What a shocker.”

“W-What’re we going to do? S-She’s gonna make us b-bald.” Sonata also added in a hushed voice.

“Will you two shut up? Let me handle this.” Adagio growled back at them quietly enough so Screwball couldn’t hear them. She turned her head back to Screwball and tried to gather her words. Trying to hypnotize her now would be pointless. Not only did it not work, but they were also lacking their pendants now; the things that let them sing so enchantingly well. She’d have to resort to plan B.

“Kid, let’s be real for a moment. We’re beings from another dimension that feed off of negative energy and simply want admiration from everyone else. Our goals may not be that different from yours. You don’t REALLY want to do this.” Adagio said, trying to sound deathly serious about the scenario.

Screwball’s smile dropped and she looked back down at her captives with an equally serious expression to match Adagio’s tone. “Uh. You’re serious right now? Well for one, I don’t use dark magic to hypnotize people. Even me at my worst isn’t that bad.”

“I said our GOALS were the same, not our methods of achieving them. Listen, we saw how you acted when you first met us. You acted way too desperate. Let me guess, you’re not well liked around here are you?” Adagio pushed on with questioning her captor.

Screwball’s frown hardened a little deeper. “…Well….that’s none of your business.” She said with a harsher tone of voice. Of all things she didn’t want to admit Adagio was right. But she was. And it made her less than happy.

Aria glanced at Adagio and quickly caught onto what she was doing. If they were going to get out of this, they’d need to cooperate. So she added her own side to the conversation. “You’re only making your entire situation harder kid. Your rep’s not going to change as easy as you think it will. We’ve heard some really bad things about you and the girl you hang out with.”

Now Screwball was starting to get uncomfortable. What point were they even trying to make with her? She knew people didn’t like her and it sucks. What’s rubbing it in going to do?

“You knooow…if you wanna make things easier you could maybe…hang out with us instead and try our way?” Sonata asked with a little uneasy smile.

Screwball’s uneasiness only grew with every comment they threw her way about her friendship problem. This was a spot she did not like being poked at whatsoever. “H-Hey, I’m no dark evil monster like you three are. I-I can get people to like me j-just fine!”


“And if you can’t? You don’t have to accept our offer if you don’t feel like it. But it would be beyond stupid to not at least have it on the table, wouldn’t it? Listen, you let us go now and hand over our pendants. We won’t say a word about this to anyone. And if at any time you don’t think your way is working like you think it is, we’ll still be available to make your job a little…simpler. You could get all the admiration you desire from just one song.” Adagio offered her.

“Not to mention if you wanted you could join our band! Your voice is like, REALLY good you know!~” Sonata said, bringing a bigger smile on her own face.

Screwball grumbled a little and looked away. “….I’m banned from singing at Canterlot High for your information. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t even participate.”

“Oooh that’s so sad. Someone with such a beautiful voice not allowed to express it. You have my condolences, really. Still though…you let us go now, and we could fix quite a few things for you if you’d like. We are quite magical after all. We'd make for some great allies. And if not, you’d just never have to speak with us again. Does that sound to your liking?” Adagio asked with a slight smile that Screwball wasn’t quite able to figure out if it was genuine or not.

This was worrying for the little girl. She didn’t know if she could trust them. They sure hadn’t acted trustful before. But they could’ve just been behaving this way to get out of their restraints. That was at the forefront of Screwball’s mind right now.

But…

They were right. She was desperate. And her own way wasn’t working. People still gave her the worst of scowls and the iciest stares whenever she saw anyone in the halls or in class or practically anywhere in the school. People hated her. They weren’t giving her a chance. And yet here were a few girls that could actually give her some kind of headway.

Screwball sat back on her chair at the piano without saying a word and nervously tapped her fingers to a certain tune in her head. Weighing her options in this situation was going to be very difficult, but she couldn’t keep this waiting up all day. And so after keeping the previously mentioned thoughts in mind, she made a decision….





The door to the music room was swung quickly opened with a WHOOSH. Following that were all three of the Dazzlings, now with their pendants back on their necks as they fixed them back into place. “We appreciate this Screwball. Believe me, you won’t regret it.” Adagio said as she looked down at the girls who was standing in the doorway now. She had probably the absolute most serious face the three had seen her have since she’d first shown it to them. No hint of laughter, humor, or sarcasm in it at all.

It just looked really stern and unfunny. She really didn’t look like she was playing around in the slightest.

“I let you go THIS time. You hurt my friends, and I’ll come back for you….” She growled a little, narrowing her eyes.

“Message received!~” Sonata said, smiling big before leaving the hallway with her bandmates. Screwball now was left to her own thoughts as she watched the girls who she for sure thought were her enemies….hell even she didn’t know right now, just walk away. And she let them go too.

She rubbed her forehead slightly to try and get rid of the incoming headache. “Ooooh man...I really just did that didn’t I? Either I scared them shitless enough to not try anything terrible or I just doomed the school. Fuck.” she groaned to herself. She then felt her phone vibrating in her pocket, signifying she had been texted. Curious she pulled it out and read her newest message.

Celestia and Luna aren’t any help right now. Time for plan b. I had to call in some help. Meet me and the girls out by the statue. There’s someone I want you to meet. –Sunset

“….Double fuck.” Screwball said after reading the message.

Author's Note:

I would have gotten this chapter out sooner buuuut ya know. Had to finish up my first year of college first.:derpytongue2:

Comments ( 7 )

“I see no reason for our voices not to work on her. After all, just like everyone else she’s only human. Not much to her outside a pair of deformed eyes and pre-teen angst.” Adagio said confidently. The three girls were then thrown completely off guard by the sound of the very familiar and childish voice of the aforementioned girl.
“Pre-teen angst? Woooow you really don’t know me at all after our few minutes of meeting. I’m hurt.”

And just like that, the fun begins"

Taking that into account, Adagio frustratingly threw a punch Screwball’s way to get her off her back. To her shock though, she moved her head completely out of the way of her fist. She then proceeded to grab Adagio’s arm to hold her back for just long enough to shove the chloroform rag into Adagio’s face. It didn’t take long for it to begin to affect her and her eyes slowly began to close. Her mind started to drift off and lose focus of the situation and was starting to black out.

You may be taller and stronger, but Screwball is probably more used to physical violence than you are.

The last thing she heard before completely losing consciousness was the sound of Screwball whispering in her ear. “Shhhhh just let it happeeen. Everything will be okay. Trusssst me~”

Hehe, ya know it’s funny. Whenever I see a couple of girls tied up like this, it’s usually for more…how do I put this…’R-rated’ things.

You've, been to the weird side of the Internet only accessed through Incog mode, haven't you?

“Uuugh difficuuuuult” Screwball groaned loudly. “Fine, fine. You are sort of my captives so I GUESS you deserve to know that much. Lemme explain the obvious to you. See, my mind’s already loony and completely unhinged as it is. It’s like trying to play with an RC helicopter with no rotors, it’s pointless. In other words-“ she then raised her hands upwards to the ceiling with her demented smile spreading from ear to ear in probably the most terrifying display it could be, considering a little girl was doing this. “I’m already mad as hell~”

You're like a little girl version of the Joker. I mean Mark Hammil's Joker because I can see him saying that line, and it terrifies the pants off of me. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to run after my pants. GET BACK HERE!

She rubbed her forehead slightly to try and get rid of the incoming headache. “Ooooh man...I really just did that didn’t I? Either I scared them shitless enough to not try anything terrible or I just doomed the school. Fuck.” she groaned to herself. She then felt her phone vibrating in her pocket, signifying she had been texted. Curious she pulled it out and read her newest message.
Celestia and Luna aren’t any help right now. Time for plan b. I had to call in some help. Meet me and the girls out by the statue. There’s someone I want you to meet. –Sunset
“….Double fuck.” Screwball said after reading the message.

Correct.

I would have gotten this chapter out sooner buuuut ya know. Had to finish up my first year of college first.:derpytongue2:

I know the feeling, I just finished my Finals.

I guess she really, SCREWED UP! :facehoof:

7080829
I kinda see Screwy getting jealous of Twilight with Sunset and the others, and being tricked by the Dazzling into helping them with their plan, but when they don't need her they betray her, and they trap her so she can't interfere. Then we can see the new protective big Sister in Sunset come out, looking for Screwy and forgiving her.
I hope its something close to this.
When is the next chapter coming?
Are you doing a story for each movie?

Very nice and water to see a return!

So is this story dead because I'm hoping it's not plz continue :applecry:

“We’ll meet again!~ Don’t know where, don’t know wheeeeen!~ Oh I know we’ll meet again some sunnyyyyy dayyyy!~”

Oh man Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls now that's funny

Login or register to comment