• Published 30th May 2015
  • 1,508 Views, 51 Comments

A Tad Screwy: The Laughing Dazzling - Discorded SheepcityUSA



Thanks to Sunset Shimmer, Screwball has managed to stop destroying school property and being an overall nuisance to everybody, and as a result has actual friends now. But when three new girls come into the picture, her loyalty is put to the test.

  • ...
6
 51
 1,508

Screwball Vs. Flim and Flam

The group of six girls and their child companion made their way through the busy streets of Canterlot City and to the Flim Flam Brothers’ pawn shop. The entire way, Rainbow Dash kept the group entertained with the sound of her practicing her guitar. She wanted to be as awesome as she could possibly be at the Music Showcase in a few days, and that meant having to practice every free second she got.

She also thought maybe laying down some sick beats could maybe get Screwball to be less pissed off.

She thought wrong.

As the saying goes, music soothes the soul of the savage beast. For Screwball however, this was not the case. The only thing that would be music to her ears right now would be the pained screaming of Flim and Flam as she mercilessly laid the smack down on them for cheating Discord out of her beanie while he was intoxicated.

The girls had all taken notice at the anger Screwball possessed over the matter, as if it wasn’t obvious before how upset she was. They knew she was mad, just not HOW mad. If her stomping, clenched fists, and grinding teeth were any indication, they’d say she was out for blood.

“U-Umm, Screwball. You have every right to be upset, b-but maybe you could calm down a little?” Fluttershy suggested, hoping to calm Screwball’s ever-growing rage.

“Oooohohooo don’t tell me to calm down right now Fluttershy. I’m not letting this one slide by a long shot. Remember my three rules?” Screwball said with a pissed off snort.

“Look, I don’t like these guys either. Heck, I’d probably be one of the first to suggest ripping them a new one. But what the heck is it about this hat that’s so important?” Rainbow asked, strumming her guitar a bit after she talked. Screwball stopped midstep and turned around to look at her with a raised eyebrow and her mouth making an “O” shape in confusion.

“…Rainbow, have you ever even seen me without my hat? To me that’s like asking “Why do you like having arms and legs?” Screwball replied. She then ran behind Applejack and pointed to her Stetson. “See, THIS girl knows what I’m talkin’ about don’t you Applejack?”

Applejack tipped her hat a little. “It’s true. Ya jus’ don’t mess with a girl’s hat. Ya jus’ don’t do it.” Applejack said with a nod.

Sunset looked at the girls, save for Applejack and Screwball, and they all gave her a shrug. They’d known Applejack a lot longer than Sunset had, and even none of them quite got Applejack’s attachment to her hat. “…Woooow, you guys take your headwear very seriously don’t you?” Sunset said, looking at Applejack and Screwball.

Both girls nodded. “Very” They said in unison.

Sunset only rolled her eyes at that. From the looks of it, Screwball was actually getting pretty close with her new friends. Considering how bad their relations with them were before, this made her feel like she’d accomplished something. If she wasn’t able to help Screwball stop acting out, there would probably have been no way these five would have gotten along with her.

The seven finally made it to the pawn shop where the entire group walked inside and was greeted by the familiar sound of the bell above the door. Throughout the store were several knick-knacks, collectables, and quite a few other random things stored on shelves and display cases. To five of the girls, this place was nothing new. They’d been there once and were less than enthusiastic about running into the owners of the store again.

Unfortunately, that’s pretty much exactly what they were there to do.

Just like the last time the girls had entered this place, the owners of the store seemed to pop up out of nowhere, practically in their faces. They were of course, the same men from the flyer Screwball had shown them earlier, the Flim-Flam Brothers. They had the same lanky body structure, the same outfits, and overall had very little differentiating them aside from Flam having a mustache and their differing hairstyles.

“Welcome to the Flim-Flam Brothers’ Everything Under the Sun Emporium!~” Flim said with a huge grin matching his brother’s.

“If you want it, we’ve got it!~” Flam also said happily.

None of the girls seemed nearly as enthusiastic or happy to see the Flim-Flam brothers again; save for Pinkie Pie who was smiling only because she was able to return to riding the rocking horse that was on the left side of the room. Understandably, Applejack seemed to be one of the most displeased ones there.

“Cut the bull you two and fess up. Where’d ya’ll put Screwball’s hat?” Applejack growled at the two of them. The brothers flinched a little and gave each other slightly worried looks before putting two and two together and going back to their smug grins.

“We’re terribly sorry Applejack, but we can’t help you on that one.” Flim declared.

“Yes, I’m afraid we don’t know of any “Screwball”. Flam said, still smiling with a raised eyebrow.

Already starting to get irritated at the duo’s attitude, Screwball reached up and pinched Flim and Flam’s noses. Both of them yelped a little in pain and looked down at the little girl that had just done this to them, who for some reason had a rather unsettling smile on her face, despite her irritability. “Hello there~ I’m Screwball~ You have something that belongs to me, and I’d like to have it back please~” Screwball said, still giving that same, disturbing grin. She then pointed over to a nearby display case that held Screwball’s beanie with a label under it that said “17th Century Collectible Beanie: $100.00”

The Flim-Flam Brothers looked at each other again, both of them seemingly unnerved by the look Screwball was giving them. They’d never seen a girl look so unnaturally sweet and happy looking when she really shouldn’t be, given the circumstances. The brothers then shook their heads and tried to continue looking like the superior ones here. Whatever this girl had in mind, they wouldn’t be fooled.

“Well little girl, unless you have a hundred dollars, that hat’s going to be staying with us.” Flim said, getting in Screwball’s face, whose expression still did not change in the slightest.

“That is preposterous! How can you expect a little girl to come up with that kind of money?! Besides, you cheated Discord to get that hat in the first place!” Rarity practically yelled. Even though Screwball had wronged her in the past, severely, she was her friend now and truly thought that these two were trying to get that much money out of a child for her own hat was disgusting.

“We won that game fair and square; therefore, it’s ours now. There’s just no arguing that.” Flam said with his hands behind his back.

“He was DRUNK! HOW IS THAT FAIR?!” Rainbow Dash practically yelled, still holding her guitar on her shoulder. At this point, she was fully prepared to unleash her fury on Flim and Flam for what they were trying to pull on Screwball.

“Listen here you two, you got that hat through dishonest means, knowing full well Discord can’t play poker well when he’s drunk. So I suggest you give the girl her hat back before things get ugly…or at least any uglier than you two already are!” Sunset growled, narrowing her eyes at the both of them.

Flim and Flam flinched for a moment, but were not deterred from their standing. “…Well there’s no way we’re giving it back after that remark.” Flim replied.

Sunset clenched her teeth and fists and was surely about to punch Flim in the nose. Before she got the chance though, Screwball put a hand on her friend’s arm. “Now now Sunset, no need to get YOUR hands dirty. It looks like Flim and Flam aren’t really willing to compromise, so I’ll just talk to them one on two alright? They’re probably all defensive because there’s seven of us against them.” Screwball said calmly.

That was anything but what Sunset expected out of Screwball. Her attitude seemed to have went from frustrated and angry to calm and collected in the blink of an eye. Something wasn’t right here, and honestly, Sunset didn’t want to find out. “…I uhhh…guess if you think you can handle it on your own we could go…” Sunset said a little uneasily.

“Lovely~…oh, but before you guys go...” Screwball turned to Rainbow Dash with an expectant look in her eyes. “Rainbow, can I borrow your guitar for a second?” she asked.

“Ummm…okaaaay?...” Rainbow said, almost as uneasily as Sunset, handing the guitar over to Screwball.

Screwball’s smile only grew. “Thank you. Now go on, shoo.” Screwball said, swaying her hand toward the door. The group gave each other some skeptical looks before leaving, Applejack having to pry Pinkie off of the rocking horse, much to the pink girl’s dismay.

“Nooooooo….” Pinkie whined as she was dragged out of the pawn shop, reaching out to the horse.

Once the group was outside and Screwball was in the building to face Flim and Flam alone, they of course, all felt the same, uncomfortable sense of dread that came with Screwball’s smile. “…Is anyone else kind of worried? Screwball seemed to get calm way too fast…” Sunset said, looking at the door.

“Yeah and what the heck did she want with my guitar?” Rainbow added.

“U-Umm…why is everybody questioning this? Screwball’s actually attempting to be calm and collected in a situation with two people that are very difficult to work with and isn’t in any way resorting to viol-

Fluttershy was interrupted by the sound of Flim and Flam screaming at the top of their lungs from inside the store, loud smacking sounds, and glass breaking.

“….Nevermind.” Fluttershy muttered.

The girls were shocked at just how loud and agonizing the Flim-Flam brothers were screaming, and they could only guess that Screwball was the one responsible for their pain, the calm façade that she had before seeming to have been simply a ruse to catch them off guard.

A few moments of this later, Screwball came out of the pawn shop, now with her beanie on her head once again. In one hand was Rainbow Dash’s now-destroyed guitar. Strings were out of place, the paint was scratched, and the whole thing was hanging together by pretty much a thread. The other hand was used to wipe the sweat from her brow. “Phew. I sure worked up a sweat.” She said, now looking back into the shop. “Remember boys. Don’t play dumb with me. That’s a game you can’t win.” Screwball said, snickering a bit. She then looked back to the six girls, who all now had mortified and shocked looks on their faces, which included dropped jaws and widened eyes.

“….What?” Screwball asked.

“Y-You…wrecked my guitar…” Rainbow stuttered in what sounded like a mix of shock and anger.

“And any innocence I thought you had just went down the toilet...” Sunset muttered with the same look as the rest of the girls.

“Ooooh yeah…sorry about your guitar Rainbow…there might be a bit of blood on it so…yeah.” Screwball said, looking at the utterly annihilated instrument and giving Rainbow a sheepish smile. Screwball then dusted herself off and found that a large, red ball of hair had fallen onto the bottom of her skirt, and she quickly got that off of her.

“…I-Is that…” Rarity started but couldn’t quite finish.

“Half of Flam’s mustache? Yeah, it is….sooo I’ll see you guys at school tomorrow I guess!~” Screwball said, dropping the guitar on the ground and running in the direction of her house as fast as she could.

Rainbow, at a complete loss for words now, could do nothing but walk over to her guitar, or what was left of it at least, and pick it up, staring at it in shock. “…That girl…is…evil.”

“…And this is news to you Rainbow?” Sunset asked. Hopefully Rainbow could get a new guitar soon, or else she might try to tear Screwball apart…

…But seeing as what she did to Flim and Flam, she wondered if she’d even have any success.

Author's Note:

Ever wondered why Rainbow needed a new guitar in this short?:

Well there ya go.

And also...Don't fuck with Screwball's hat, or she'll beat your head in with a guitar. :rainbowlaugh:

This chapter took way too long for me to write. Mainly because I've never written Flim and Flam before and wasn't all that confident. Tell me how I did please. :derpytongue2: