• Published 30th May 2015
  • 1,507 Views, 51 Comments

A Tad Screwy: The Laughing Dazzling - Discorded SheepcityUSA



Thanks to Sunset Shimmer, Screwball has managed to stop destroying school property and being an overall nuisance to everybody, and as a result has actual friends now. But when three new girls come into the picture, her loyalty is put to the test.

  • ...
6
 51
 1,507

Cheap Jumpscares

“Okay sooo…what am I doing in this game Dash?” Sunset asked from Rainbow Dash’s computer. She sporting a pair of red and yellow headphones with her cutie marks decorating the ear portion and she had little bit of a confused look on her face as she stared down the computer screen. It was a typical Sunday afternoon for Sunset Shimmer and her friends. It had been a few months since anything major had gone down in Canterlot City, so they’d been finding themselves with more time to chill out than they had in a while. Today, they had all decided to hang out at Rainbow Dash’s house and mainly do their own thing…

Up until Rainbow had a rather nasty trick up her sleeve and showed Sunset a new game she got on the computer.

“Weren’t you listening to the phone guy? You need to make sure the animatronics don’t kill you by shutting the doors, looking at the cameras, and conserving your power!” Rainbow said, sitting on the bed across from the desk where Sunset was sitting. Right now, she was practicing her awesome guitar skills on her old, light green guitar. She’d had this thing for a while, and it was a little rough around the edges, but it sure did get the job done.

Sunset looked back at the computer screen, where she was seeing what looked like the inside of an old, crappy pizza restaurant, complete with super-creepy looking animatronics of a bear, chicken, and bunny. What was Rainbow trying to pull here by making her play this? And why did she have to wear headphones while doing it?

“…Is this like, supposed to be scary or something? I don’t get it.” Sunset said, flipping between the cameras in the game, making sure to keep an eye on her power as she did so.

“Don’t hold your breath darling. Nothing is worse than anticipation when it comes to that wretched game.” Rarity said, taking a little more interest in painting her nails than this conversation.

“…Anticipation?...Anticipation of what?”

“You’ll find out.” Applejack said, sitting at the foot of Rainbow’s bed, taking a quick swig at the bottle of cider she had in her hand. “Rainbow got all of us to go into playing that game blind, so now it’s yer turn.”

That statement alone made Sunset a little uneasy. “…Okay, now I’m getting a little paranoid; why aren’t any of you telling me anything?” Sunset said, appearing to sound a little frantic in her voice now.

“Maybe cuz we wanna see your reaction~” Pinkie said with a big smile. She was sitting right next to Sunset, watching her play. She also had a can of whipped cream with her and would occasionally squirt some of it into her mouth…

To the point where pretty much her entire face was covered in the stuff, and would then proceed to lick it all off in one fell swoop.

Sunset was going to press the matter of what she meant by “Her reaction” when she noticed something as she was flipping through the cameras in the game. Something appeared to be very out of place in Pirate’s Cove…

The curtain in there was open.

Rainbow Dash took notice of this as she looked at the screen and quickly stood up. “….Yooou haven’t been checking Pirate’s Cove have you?” Rainbow said, with a huge grin starting to form on her face at this new development.

“…Was I supposed to?” Sunset asked, going back through the cameras again to see if she could find anything else. As she was going through though, she came across probably one of the most stressful sights she had ever witnessed in her entire life…

A fox animatronic that appeared to be in major disrepair, was sprinting down the hallway outside of the security room where her character was located.

“AGH NO!” Sunset yelled in panic. She frantically clicked out of the cameras and scrambled around the screen to click the door button to lock the robot out, but kept missing the button due to her now panicked state.

“AGH I’M GONNA D-“

“EEEEEERGH!”

Ultimately, it was all for nothing, as the fox ran into the doorway, opened up its huge, gaping maw filled with rows of razor sharp teeth, and let out a high-pitched screech, which was so loud that all of Sunset’s friends could hear it through her headphones.

“AAAAGH!” Sunset yelled, falling right out of her chair because of the sudden and loud shock the game had given her, which she had been completely unprepared for. Her heart was beating so unspeakably fast that she was afraid it might burst right out of her chest.

“PFFFTHAHAHAHA! Oh man that was PRICELESS! That jumpscare gets em EVERY TIME!” Rainbow laughed out loud, holding a hand to her forehead.

“O-Oh goodness Sunset. Are you alright?” Fluttershy asked, kneeling by Sunset’s side and checking her over a little. She appeared to not have taken any physical harm, but she was breathing abnormally fast. Considering the circumstances though, that wasn’t much of a surprise.

“Y-Yeah just...nearly had a h-heart attack…o-other than that, I’m just peachy…” Sunset said in between breaths. After a few seconds of trying to calm down, Sunset stood up and sat back in the chair at the computer. “Oh jeez…why the heck would someone make a game like that?!”

“To see people overreact to it on the internet.” Rarity said, still painting her nails. “Don’t feel bad about getting scared of it darling. Rainbow got all of us with that accursed piece of computer programming.”

Rainbow waved a hand at Rarity, still laughing a little at Sunset’s demise. “Oh you’re just salty because you overreacted the worst out of everyone Rarity.”

Rarity perked up a little and looked at Rainbow with a disgusted and appalled look on her face. “What?! I most certainly did not!”

Applejack stopped drinking her cider for a moment to chime in. “Rarity, ya threw your headphones against the wall when ya lost…seriously. Fluttershy had a more stable reaction than that.”

Rarity unfortunately had no comeback for that one outside of pushing her hair out of her face, giving and offended huff, and returning to painting her nails.

Before anyone else could take a moment to discuss Rarity’s joke of a comeback, the door to Rainbow Dash’s room swung open, making everybody present flinch in surprise. Fluttershy quickly grabbed a pillow and hid behind it for security, Rarity’s nail polish had been gotten off track due to her shock and was now all over her hand, and one of the strings on Rainbow’s guitar broke as her groove was thrown off.

Sunset looked towards the doorway, only to find standing there was her newest friend; a girl with light purple skin, purple and white striped hair, and a pair of eyes that were also purple and white and were very strangely hypnotic to the look. Her outfit consisted of a tank-top with a screw and baseball branded on it, skirt, knee-high socks, shoes, and arm-length gloves, all of which were purple. She was a few years younger than the rest of the group, but she was also without a doubt, the strangest.

Looking at her, Sunset saw something she thought she would never see in her lifetime.

A very, very pissed off Screwball.

“Girls! I am going to war here!” Screwball yelled rather loudly in her angered state, and she appeared to grind her teeth from the rage she was enduring.

“Ummm…nice to see you too Screwball?” Rainbow said with a confused look on her face. This wasn’t exactly uncommon of Screwball to yell out random things without giving an explanation beforehand, so at this point she wasn’t ENTIRELY surprised…

Then again, this was Screwball, so this statement could mean anything.

“Oh you girls haven’t noticed have you?! Take a good long look at me and see if you can figure this out!” Screwball yelled, pointing to her head. The girls all looked at the top of her head, only to realize that there was indeed something different about Screwball. The area that usually held her trademark beanie was noticeably empty of it, something that nobody had ever seen in their few months of knowing Screwball as well as they did.

“Oooh, her hat’s gone! What’s happening?! Screwball NEVER takes that off! NEVER! ” Pinkie said, panicking a little. Apparently Screwball not having her hat meant the end of the universe, seeing as she was never seen by anybody without it.

Sunset quickly picked up Pinkie’s can of whipped cream and sprayed some into her mouth to calm her down.

“I….Mmmmn!~” Pinkie’s panic subsided and a relaxed smile grew on her face and her eyelids lowered as the taste of whipped cream overtook her mouth, calming her down.

Sunset let out a quick sigh of relief. “Phew, that’s better…Now Screwball, what happened to your hat?” Sunset asked. In all seriousness, this was very unusual for Screwball to not have her hat on.

“Alright, so dad was playing poker last night, got SUPER wasted, and ended up betting my hat in the game while I was asleep…and LOSING IT!” Screwball growled.

That certainly got the attention of everyone. They knew Discord was naturally kind of a creep, but betting his daughter’s most valuable possession?

“…That creep seriously bet his kid’s hat? How low can ya get?!” Rainbow exclaimed, only for Fluttershy to pat her on the back to get her to relax.

“Now Rainbow, let’s not jump to any conclusions…” she said quietly and calmly.

Screwball facepalmed and groaned a little at the aggravation she was under over the entire development. “Look, I don’t blame my dad for this. Hell if he never got drunk off his butt before, I never would’ve been born. I pretty much owe my entire existence to him and alcohol….but that’s not to say I’m not mad, cause listen. It gets better. I never even told you who has my hat right now.” Screwball said. She reached into her hair and pulled out a small flier that depicted two, smirking men wearing the same blue and white shirts with black bowties and white pants. Both of them also had the same red and white hair and same light yellow skin. The only visible differences between them was one of them had a mustache and the other did not, and one had a badge depicting an apple with a piece sliced out of it, and the other had just an apple slice badge on its own. At the bottom of the flier in big bold, white letters were the words “The Flim-Flam Brothers' Everything Under the Sun Emporium”

All the girl’s eyes widened as they laid eyes upon the flier, and Applejack more than anybody seemed to be very, very angry, as she appeared to grit her teeth a little. “Those rotten, smug little...rrgh, Ah outta go down there and teach em’ what for!” Applejack exclaimed, clenching her fist in anger.

Screwball quickly folded the paper back up and stuck it back in her hair. “My plan exactly. I’m going down there and demanding they hand over my hat, but I might need backup if things get nasty.”

“O-Oh dear…couldn’t you maybe handle this less…aggressively?” Fluttershy quietly suggested.

Screwball put on the best deadpanned look she could muster. Sometimes, Fluttershy was just too nice for her own good. “Flutters, I love ya and everything, and normally I might be a little considerate. But these jokers broke all three of my rules.” Screwball said, holding up a finger. “One. Don’t screw with my hat…” Screwball then held up another finger. “Two. SERIOUSLY, don’t screw with my hat” Screwball held up a third and final finger. “And three…can you guess what it is?” She asked looking at her friends.

The girls all deadpanned. “…Don’t screw with your hat.” They all said in unison.

“Exactly.” Screwball said with a nod. “Now who’s with me?”

Sunset got up and rolled her eyes, patting Screwball on the back. “Well, these guys are pretty big jerks, and you know I always have your back.” Sunset said smiling a little at Screwball. “Don’t worry Screwy, I’ll help get your hat back.”

“Ah’m comin’ too. Ah’ve got a few….choice words to say to those two varmints.” Applejack growled, cracking her knuckles. “Put me in a banana suit will you? Big mistake…” she said to herself.

“Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be delicious! Flim and Flam will face our wrath!” Pinkie yelled.

“Well, I for one think that it was most unfair of them to cheat your father like that Screwball. Especially when he was under the influence. I’ll be tagging along as well.” Rarity assured her.

“I ummm…I guess I’ll go…But don’t expect me to do any of the butt-kicking if it comes down to it.” Fluttershy said a little meekly.

“Hey, count me in! I’ll just keeping practicing my guitar on the way. Can’t afford to waste any practice time ya know!” Rainbow said, strumming a chord on her guitar. “But hey Screwy. Before we go, ya wanna play a quick game on my computer?~” Rainbow said with a growing smirk.

Screwball raised an eyebrow and looked at Rainbow’s computer screen, only to see the title screen that was filled with static and a menacing looking animatronic bear staring right back. “…Nope. Not touching that with a ten foot pole.” Screwball retorted.

Rainbow frowned and snapped her fingers. “Dang it.”

~The Previous Night~

The streets of Canterlot City were abuzz with activity this particular night. All of the people that were usually crowding said streets were, for seemingly no real reason at all, yelling and arguing with each other. It wasn’t usually like this, as Canterlot City was an overall pleasant town. There was an occasional scuffle, but nothing to the rather large level that it was a the moment.

“Hey! You cut me off!” One man yelled from his car window to the car in front of him.

“Well excuse me if some of us have places to be!” The man in the front car yelled back at him.

Nearby on the crowded sidewalk, a few teenagers were fighting for elbow room in the crowd.

“Stop shoving!” One girl yelled.

“I’m not shoving! This is shoving!” Another girl yelled, pushing the other backwards on her shoulders.

“OH you did NOT just do that!” the girl yelled back.

This type of negativity is what mainly filled the air of the city that night. And in the middle of it all were three lone figures, all wearing different colored hoodies and all had the same, jewel necklaces around their necks. One of them was a girl with purple skin and had a large pair of purple and blue pigtails that were tied up with star hair clips. Another was a blue-skinned girl with big, innocent and dopey-looking eyes and a light and dark blue ponytail.

The last appeared to be the ringleader of the group. She was a girl with yellow skin and a big mass of yellow and orange hair sat on her head, and she had a malicious smirk plastered onto her face.

Also in the streets, surrounding all the arguing people was a cloud of green smoke that flowed through the darkness and into the three girl’s jewel necklaces as they sang a hypnotic and melodious tune.

“Aaaahha! Aaaaha!” They all sang until the smoke had disappeared into their jewels. The yellow girl looked over at the purple one with the pigtails afterwards. “Still not satisfied are you?” She asked.

The purple girl gave her a deadpanned look. “Honestly Adagio, think really hard about what you’re even asking. What do you think?” she asked with a tinge of sarcasm.

The girl identified now as Adagio rolled her eyes with an accompanied frown. “Well you won’t have any reason to complain soon. Once we get to that source of Equestrian magic, we’ll have all the power we desire.” Adagio said with an evil smile…

The sinister moment was broken however, by the blue girl. “Hey girls! Can we get tacos now? I’m hungryyyyy!” she whined.

“Sonata, stop your whining for one, stinking minute. We’re on a mission for ultimate power here.” Adagio said, looking back at Sonata with an annoyed frown.

“Aaaaw.” Sonata whined again, this time with a slight pout and crossed arms.

Author's Note:

It begins. The continuing adventures of Screwball and her new friends. Right now, nothing seems to be all that out of place...

Except that Flim and Flam are probably gonna die and the three girls feeding off of negativity.

Also, Rainbow is a huge troll in this chapter and not Screwball?! What is this?! :twilightoops:

Pfft, anyway, tell me what you think.